Page 196 of 294 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 7330

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I have mixed feelings about him possibly losing his belt to a guy who barely wrestles more then Undertaker. I mean this was a long title reign, I still would have liked it more if someone on the active roster could have ended Punk's title reign and that would launch them as a main eventer. Rock will be gone after mania and it's just to give the whiny attitude era fanboys a reason to watch again.
    Rock is set to appear on most of the shows from now until Wrestlemania so it's not like it would be unreasonable for him to beat Punk, which would make sense if they wanted to book Rock against Cena yet again or move Punk into something with Stone Cold (who's supposed to show up next week) also Lesnar is rumored to be returning in late February/March.

I missed most of RAW last night. I had something else of importance to do. I only saw the beginning match where Cena wins over Ziggler (Which gave me a headache) and I saw the end segment with Rock and Punk. I missed everything else. Rock and Punk's promo was good. Like everyone is saying they are two different styles of wrestlers. I guess I was expecting Rock and Punk to be like Rock and Cena and so I wasn't interested in it. Boy was I wrong. Looking forward to this. As a CM Punk fan I have mixed feelings about him possibly losing his belt to a guy who barely wrestles more then Undertaker. I mean this was a long title reign, I still would have liked it more if someone on the active roster could have ended Punk's title reign and that would launch them as a main eventer. Rock will be gone after mania and it's just to give the whiny attitude era fanboys a reason to watch again.
    i have to admit i like the last part about "whiny attitude fanboys". no offense, but since i didn't grow up watching the rock, his shenanigans don't appeal to me personally. i think he's great and all but i don't think he did much last night but say that cm punk is nutless and his "time's up". he didn't say anything thought-provoking to me, and because i didn't watch the attitude era, i don't have "fanboy" nostalgia, so while everyone is saying "yeah! the rock is back and funnier than ever!" i didn't find him hilarious and he just kinda ignored punk's arguments and made fun of him. when cena and punk fought each other in 2011, cena countere punk's opinions with his own and they both made good points. it's that kind of back-and-forth that appeals to me, as opposed to making up silly chants and juvenile insults. i know I'm alone because everyone loves the rock; i like him but i don't love him

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I gotta say personally given how the WWE's completely reverted to how things were before CM Punk made the place interesting and exciting again in like 5 minutes if things don't change soon (ie Cena STILL being pushed like mad, Punk being misused and marginalised, talented young guns being over looked in favour of the status quo, etc) I'm gonna stop watching.

It's just that simple. Punk gave WWE something to springboard from to make itself great again and it seems like the board has done EVERYTHING it can to just erase that.

Edit: And hot da*n CM Punk once again showed why the company should be giving him top billing, the main event slot for his title matches and plenty of time to cut promos. That was one damn hot promo/shoot, since afterall the tone of his first pipebomb was pretty much the same except this time he went harder on the fans, that outdid ANYTHING we saw on the show and proved why he's the best.
    Combine it with pretty much everything else on the program that night and you'll see (if you can see past the kayfabe angles to true talent) and you get what's wrong with WWE right now. The continuing pushing of guys like Cena because they sell stuff rather than cause they're talented, Divas coming out as eye candy instead of being allowed to wrestle as well as they could, guys like Kane and Bryan being used as comedy...
    Yeah way to go WWE management... Get your sodding house in order, or once Punk's time in this semi-spotlight you've given him is over you'll lose a LOT of fans.

^ Your post is confusing. They have done new things like pushing Ryback to the top of the card, pulling Dolph away from Vickie, reviving the tag team division, keeping Cena out of the title hunt and main event (more or less) plus we are getting stuff like the Shield, Del rio turning face and of course Rock vs Punk. I hope their ratings keep slipping because it seems to be forcing them to step up things, my biggest complaint still so far other than the social media pandering would probably be having to sit through 3 hours. so far those rumors of WWE becoming edgier and Vince adopting an every show counts mentality until Wrestlemania look pretty promising.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    i have to admit i like the last part about "whiny attitude fanboys". no offense, but since i didn't grow up watching the rock, his shenanigans don't appeal to me personally. i think he's great and all but i don't think he did much last night but say that cm punk is nutless and his "time's up". he didn't say anything thought-provoking to me, and because i didn't watch the attitude era, i don't have "fanboy" nostalgia, so while everyone is saying "yeah! the rock is back and funnier than ever!" i didn't find him hilarious and he just kinda ignored punk's arguments and made fun of him. when cena and punk fought each other in 2011, cena countere punk's opinions with his own and they both made good points. it's that kind of back-and-forth that appeals to me, as opposed to making up silly chants and juvenile insults. i know I'm alone because everyone loves the rock; i like him but i don't love him
    I see where you're coming from, but Rock just returned so it's understandable he would roll out his usual phrases. I don't think he ignored Punk's arguments at all, maybe it seemed like that because Rock cut to the chase and Punk seemed to just go on and on. plus they have very different styles.

I didn't see anyone complaining about Punk dropping promo after 10 minute promo every Raw for weeks just on the length of his title reign and his lack of respect right after he turned heel (well, other than Raiga) now if all Rock is going to do is poke fun then it might get sour, but even then he does it better than anyone else, he's still way up there on the mic, and it still will make for good TV. I think everyone just expects much more out of him since his reputation is held so high.

I think the best thing to do here is sit back and enjoy Rock showing up more often than not to face Punk instead of doing some more crappy movies and phoning in some of his appearances as he did with Cena.

Anyway I can't wait for Rock's return to Smackdown.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 9th January 2013 at 8:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Rock is set to appear on most of the shows from now until Wrestlemania so it's not like it would be unreasonable for him to beat Punk, which would make sense if they wanted to book Rock against Cena yet again or move Punk into something with Stone Cold (who's supposed to show up next week) also Lesnar is rumored to be returning in late February/March.
    I still would have liked it more if Punk lost to a up and coming guy. I realize Ryback was the only guy even close to that but that's the WWE's fault. I mean look at how John Cena became a true main event guy. He ended JBL's long Smackdown title reign. Something Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Big Show, and Eddie Guerrero (miss you Eddie) all couldn't do. It's overlooked nowadays but when it happened it was a big deal. That moment really launched John Cena into main event status by ending a long and lenghty title reign and gave us a new superstar. I look at CM Punk's long title reign and I'm thinking, this would have been the perfect time to do it again. Punk won the belt in 2011 and held it to 2013, anyone who ended that title reign when John Cena, Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, and Chris Jericho couldn't would have easily been a main eventer of today. Instead we're feeding the whiny attitude era fans, who bash the company and the product all the time now and giving the belt to the Rock. I like the Rock, he's one of the best of all time, no doubt about it. But I feel he doesn't need this spot as badly as the young guys. Like I said, if a midcard level guy working his way up could have ended Punk's long title reign it would have been great for the business. Rock will hold the belt till mania and probably not lose it clean.

Still it will be nice having the Rock back, because I have missed him but this is just how I feel. I'll get over it because at least I'll get to see the Rock more.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Combine it with pretty much everything else on the program that night and you'll see (if you can see past the kayfabe angles to true talent) and you get what's wrong with WWE right now. The continuing pushing of guys like Cena because they sell stuff rather than cause they're talented, Divas coming out as eye candy instead of being allowed to wrestle as well as they could, guys like Kane and Bryan being used as comedy...
    But the ones with "true talent" are the ones who are able to sell. If you lack the ability to get the fans to tune in/pay to see you, then you lack the ability to be a successful professional wrestler. WWE does push the guys with talent (how else are they going to make money?), it just so happens that John Cena, as WWE's biggest draw (not counting part-timers like The Rock), is the most talented man on the roster.

As for your other two points - Bryan didn't really start getting over until he incorporated comedy into his act, and Divas wrestling hasn't been an attraction in quite some time (if ever).

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    ^ Your post is confusing. They have done new things like pushing Ryback to the top of the card, pulling Dolph away from Vickie, reviving the tag team division, keeping Cena out of the title hunt and main event (more or less) plus we are getting stuff like the Shield, Del rio turning face and of course Rock vs Punk. I hope their ratings keep slipping because it seems to be forcing them to step up things, my biggest complaint still so far other than the social media pandering would probably be having to sit through 3 hours. so far those rumors of WWE becoming edgier and Vince adopting an every show counts mentality until Wrestlemania look pretty promising.
    Well if you enjoyed last Monday's Raw (which, from the sound of your post, you did) and want them to keep going in that direction, you should be happy to know that it pulled the highest Raw rating since August. And it was going head-to-head with the Alabama/Notre Dame football game (which pulled in huge numbers).

I still would have liked it more if Punk lost to a up and coming guy. I realize Ryback was the only guy even close to that but that's the WWE's fault. I mean look at how John Cena became a true main event guy. He ended JBL's long Smackdown title reign. Something Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Big Show, and Eddie Guerrero (miss you Eddie) all couldn't do. It's overlooked nowadays but when it happened it was a big deal. That moment really launched John Cena into main event status by ending a long and lenghty title reign and gave us a new superstar. I look at CM Punk's long title reign and I'm thinking, this would have been the perfect time to do it again. Punk won the belt in 2011 and held it to 2013, anyone who ended that title reign when John Cena, Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, and Chris Jericho couldn't would have easily been a main eventer of today. Instead we're feeding the whiny attitude era fans, who bash the company and the product all the time now and giving the belt to the Rock. I like the Rock, he's one of the best of all time, no doubt about it. But I feel he doesn't need this spot as badly as the young guys. Like I said, if a midcard level guy working his way up could have ended Punk's long title reign it would have been great for the business. Rock will hold the belt till mania and probably not lose it clean.
    The only way a midcarder ending Punk's title reign would be good for business is if that guy had already proven himself to make fans want to see him win. Otherwise it's not going to do anything. And if that guy has already proven himself a long-term draw, then it's not going to matter who he beats for the belt or how long that guy held it because fans won't care as long as he's champion. You bring up John Cena beating JBL, but by 2005 Cena was already one of the most over guys in WWE and among the company's top merchandise sellers. He'd already proved for a year that he was the person to hold that title. JBL losing the title after holding it 10 months wasn't what was important, Cena winning the belt was what fans wanted to see. I think you're overrating Punk's title reign and the good it can do for somebody. As long as the next big main eventer has the fans into him, it's not going to matter if Punk held the belt for one year or one day, or even if he's champion at all, because people will just be happy that person won it.

In the meantime, WWE has their biggest show of the year to sell, and if Rock with the WWE title is what they think is going to sell it, then that's what it should be.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 10th January 2013 at 1:43 AM.

As much as I like The Rock I do hope that Punk carries the title past the Royal Rumble and that someone young beats him to win that title off him but I guess whatever happens happens. I'd like to see The Rock hold the title once more but not at the expense of the streak.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    But the ones with "true talent" are the ones who are able to sell. If you lack the ability to get the fans to tune in/pay to see you, then you lack the ability to be a successful professional wrestler. WWE does push the guys with talent (how else are they going to make money?), it just so happens that John Cena, as WWE's biggest draw (not counting part-timers like The Rock), is the most talented man on the roster.

As for your other two points - Bryan didn't really start getting over until he incorporated comedy into his act, and Divas wrestling hasn't been an attraction in quite some time (if ever).

Well if you enjoyed last Monday's Raw (which, from the sound of your post, you did) and want them to keep going in that direction, you should be happy to know that it pulled the highest Raw rating since August. And it was going head-to-head with the Alabama/Notre Dame football game (which pulled in huge numbers).

The only way a midcarder ending Punk's title reign would be good for business is if that guy had already proven himself to make fans want to see him win. Otherwise it's not going to do anything. And if that guy has already proven himself a long-term draw, then it's not going to matter who he beats for the belt or how long that guy held it because fans won't care as long as he's champion. You bring up John Cena beating JBL, but by 2005 Cena was already one of the most over guys in WWE and among the company's top merchandise sellers. He'd already proved for a year that he was the person to hold that title. JBL losing the title after holding it 10 months wasn't what was important, Cena winning the belt was what fans wanted to see. I think you're overrating Punk's title reign and the good it can do for somebody. As long as the next big main eventer has the fans into him, it's not going to matter if Punk held the belt for one year or one day, or even if he's champion at all, because people will just be happy that person won it.

In the meantime, WWE has their biggest show of the year to sell, and if Rock with the WWE title is what they think is going to sell it, then that's what it should be.
    Again that's the WWE's fault for not making new stars during 2012. I realize Punk's title reign was not the best. I mean once he went heel his character started to drop, he wasn't even the edgy 2011 heel, just average coward heel. But despite that he held the belt for a year since 2011. I still think a younger guy would have been better in this spot. Yes, you are right about the John Cena thing, he was really over in 2005. I was one of the guys you mentioned who wanted to see him finally win the belt back then. So why can't WWE do that again? Why can't they make new stars for us to get behind and cheer for when they win the belt for the first time? This seems like a missed chance. Maybe I am overrating Punk's title reign, but I stand by my choice of wanting new talent to end Punk's reign. Rock will beat Punk, win the belt, probably not wrestle on TV, get a win at the Chamber, then go to Mania to give the strap to Cena. Really can't see anyone other then Cena winning the belt from Rock. But once that's done we're back to square one again. Cena still in the main event and the Rock is not around to save the ratings. Ratings will be good until Mania is done and then we go back to Cena world. I'm sorry if I sound like a whiny jerk, but I want new stars in the main event. I don't want the WWE to suffer like it has been doing. We need new faces at least to me, and now seemed like a great time to get someone really over. Everything you said makes perfect sense, but this is just what I wanted for the company.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 10th January 2013 at 3:44 PM.

The issue is that the solution isn't as simple as "make new stars". In order to get another main event star, you have to find somebody with the right look to represent the company, and then that somebody has to be able to wrestle, he has to be able to sell an angle, and he has to be able to get fans to tune in and pay money to see him win or lose (depending on whether or not that guy is face or heel). He has to be able to do it long-term. And above all else, he has to be able to do all of that better than the guys we already have. That's what Cena, Rock, Austin, and Hogan all did and that's why they get/got to main event over everyone else. And when somebody new is able to do all of that (and better than them), then they'll main event over Cena, Rock, 'Taker, HHH, and Lesnar. You can't just put people in that spot and expect it to work out. I get wanting to see new stars at the top, but it's a waste if those new "stars" end up being people you don't care enough about to pay $50 on pay-per-view to watch.

I don't think WWE is really suffering, and I don't think they're desperate for the next Cena/Rock/Austin/Hogan. What would really make them suffer, especially around WrestleMania, is putting their best guys behind people who just aren't as good as them.

Before Wade Barrett won the Intercontinental Title I was picking him as my Royal Rumble winner. I'm sure he still could win the Royal Rumble, but would WWE want him to have the IC Title still? If Wade did win he would probably challenge for the World Heavyweight Title. Maybe if he won the rumble he would drop the IC Title somehow, possibly before Royal Rumble or leading up to Mania, I doubt WWE would let him go into Mania as the IC Champ challenging for the World Heavyweight Title. I already know WWE would not think twice about doing that. My gut is telling me Wade is gonna be in Wrestlemania but as the Intercontinental Champion defending his title. Honestly, im been high on Wade Barrett ever since he made his WWE debut. I hope he stays heel. I think he would make a great WWE/World Heavyweight Champion.

For some reason I have a feeling Ryback won't win the rumble. The Shield will interfere and get him eliminated. Either that would happen or the Shield would be in the Royal Rumble match and work together to get Ryback eliminated. I could see Ryback vs. Big Show at Mania happening like many other people. Ryback is a favorite by a lot of fans to win the Royal Rumble, but for some reason I have this feeling John Cena is going to win the Royal Rumble possibly. He's not my official pick to win I just have that feeling he could win.

I don't hate John Cena I respect him. I respect everything he has done for the WWE during his career, but I have a feeling he could win the Royal Rumble then go after the WWE Title which could possibly be held by the Rock. Not to long ago I had a feeling Cm Punk would retain the WWE Title vs the Rock at Royal Rumble, but after hearing about the Rocks latest dates and appearances I think the Rock will win the belt. I think he can actually hold the belt going into Mania. Personally, I really hope WWE don't spend a Royal Rumble win on Cena I would rather someone else get the win preferably someone who has never won the Royal Rumble or a younger superstar.

John Cena vs. the Rock could still happen at Mania and Cena wouldn't even have to win the Royal Rumble, if Cena wins the Royal Rumble match I won't be surprised. If the Royal Rumble winner goes after the World Heavyweight Title there could be a tournament, or number 1 contender matches for the WWE Title to decide who goes to Wrestlemania to fight for the title.

Currently, I am still thinking about who will all be in the Royal Rumble all 30 entries. The good thing is we already know Antonio Censaro, Drew Mcintyre, Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater, Randy Orton, Sheamus, John Cena, and Dolph Ziggler will be in the Royal Rumble so that helps narrow it down a little bit.

I am still thinking about my surprise entrants. Surprise entrants that could show up could be JBL, Shelton Benjamin, Mark Henry, Brock Lesnar, Christian, MVP, Jack Swagger, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, Triple H, Undertaker. Obviously not all of these guy's would show up but possibly a few of them. Two other guy's I would personally like to see in the match are Sycho Sid, and Ricky Steamboat (the man looks like he can still go.)

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

As far as Punk losing the title to an up and coming star, Punk isn't THAT huge of a star himself so I don't see how it would work too well having him put over some other guy when instead he could become even bigger himself by going up against someone like the Rock.

Nothing beats the attitude era for me. Cena was actually a punkass back when he started. Rap battles about his opponents, arrogant behavior... then he changed and became one of the most anticipated superstars of the WWE.. Sadly, not everyone's fame lasts and he's pretty much became a joke to a lot of fans now. A lot of his matches have been ranked in loss, and he's thrown into some pretty cruddy storylines or just being the middleman between clashes.

I actually like Cena though, and I can't really hate a guy for petty decisions from the WWE.

I'd be shocked if Punk somehow manages to successfully retain his title, but I see The Rock winning.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

^ Same here, also Tyson Kidd sadly is supposed to be out of action for nearly a year.

On an unrelated note I got the Flu that's been ripping through the States. Really vicious stuff...

I want CM Punk to retain because I don't dig The Rock, you dig?
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

If Punk doesn't have a match at mania I can see the WWE title being held in a triple threat. Rock vs Cena vs CM Punk. This way WWE can give Cena the belt without having Rock lose. Not that I want it that way, but I can see it happening if Punk doesn't already have a opponent for mania.

If Punk doesn't have a match at mania I can see the WWE title being held in a triple threat. Rock vs Cena vs CM Punk. This way WWE can give Cena the belt without having Rock lose. Not that I want it that way, but I can see it happening if Punk doesn't already have a opponent for mania.
    i don't believe for a second that would happen but i love that idea because you have the star (rock), the face of wwe (cena) and wwe's biggest heel (the best in the world). plus, they can all wrestle, and they can sell a story. but i guess it's too much of the best that the other matches would be overshadowed

Credit to Brutaka

Before Smackdown had aired, it was already spoiled that Del Rio won the World Heavyweight Title. I was a bit skeptical at first but after watching the match on Friday I got to say... It was amazing. I'm surprised that they would even have such a sudden title change. I'm guessing it's because of that Del Rio push. But I'm sure Del Rio won't be holding the belt for long. Either he'll lose it at RR/EC ppv's or Dolph will finally cash in. Not only was the match itself brilliant but last night's Smackdown had to be one of the best in months.

I just found this thread, I'm a HUGE WWE fan and I just have to say something. Who else thinks that last night was the best WWE show in months?! I was interested all the way through! I wish there was 3 hours for Smackdown instead of Raw this week! I'm so pumped for Royal Rumble!

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Quote Originally Posted by meismadatyou View Post
    I just found this thread, I'm a HUGE WWE fan and I just have to say something. Who else thinks that last night was the best WWE show in months?! I was interested all the way through! I wish there was 3 hours for Smackdown instead of Raw this week! I'm so pumped for Royal Rumble!
    Welcome to the thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by REL720 View Post
    Before Smackdown had aired, it was already spoiled that Del Rio won the World Heavyweight Title. I was a bit skeptical at first but after watching the match on Friday I got to say... It was amazing. I'm surprised that they would even have such a sudden title change. I'm guessing it's because of that Del Rio push. But I'm sure Del Rio won't be holding the belt for long. Either he'll lose it at RR/EC ppv's or Dolph will finally cash in. Not only was the match itself brilliant but last night's Smackdown had to be one of the best in months.
    Yeah i never thought i'd be so interested in Del Rio's character. what a great match and moment when he won the title. It's a shame WWE had to spoil it before the show aired... also Punk's promos and the segment with the Rock were pure gold.

just something i wanted to share with fellow wwe fans: cm punk officially has 1.5 million followers on twitter. I'm one of them, of course

Credit to Brutaka

I saw bits of Smackdown. Alberto Del Rio seems to slowly be getting over with the crowd. His match with Big Show was great. I liked it. True, I think he's just holding the belt for Ziggler to steal, but it was still a good match. It's been awhile since Del Rio has held Championship gold. I laughed at AJ beating Natalya. Apparently she's a vampire and her moves will probably be biting related, I guess. I did enjoy her trying to attack Khali. I'm mainly expected a Ziggler/Del Rio feud now for Smackdown. Ziggler seems to be done with Cena for now so why not?

So tonight's the 20th Anniversary. Now that the NFL regular season is finished and the BCS Championship game is over, this is the first time since the Summer that Raw has no real competition on television tonight. With WWE expecting a higher viewer turnout, and it being the 20th anniversary, we can probably expect something big to happen tonight. Since Raw is in Houston, I'm thinking (hoping) that there'll be an Undertaker return.

^Well Kaitlyn will win the Diva's championship seeing as Eve's leaving the company. (Has WWE commented on this yet?)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

I didn't know Eve was leaving. Yet another good Diva leaves the company if that's true. Well at least she got to slap Teddy in the face before going. I liked Eve. She wasn't the best but she was a good heel diva in a era where divas are really needed.

But RAW was tainted last night for me and I didn't like it for one reason only. Dolph Ziggler losing to John Cena in the cage. They did everything to him. Ziggler hit his finisher, Big E slammed the door in Cena's face, AJ tried to cause some kind of distraction, and Ziggler even did the sleeper on him, and Cena still wins? Oh I forgot, John Cena is WWE's Superman. He can never lose. This match pretty much made RAW terrible for me, and not even the Rock concert, though it was good and funny like only the Rock can deliver, could make this RAW good for me. I hated it. You should of had Dolph Ziggler win so that when he cashes in on Del Rio he looks like a legit threat. It doesn't get any bigger then beating Cena. Ooooh this made me angry DX

Anyway, Randy Orton lost clean to Wade Barret. Good, this make Barret look strong but at the same time it doesn't make Orton look weak. Barret is a mid carder who should be a main eventer after all. The Ric Flair and Miz thing on Miz TV was nice as well. Mick Foley will be in the hall of fame, where he should be. Good to see him and Rock interact backstage. Brodus Clay jobs to CM Punk. At this point I don't know which direction they are going with Da Funkasaurus. I thought he could win the US belt at some point but now...hmm. Kane and Daniel Bryan's segement was as it always is with Doctor Shelby. Glad they brought him back. I hope he becomes their manager. Kaitlyn won the Divas belt and the Rock concert, while not as good as last years, was still entertaining. Rock is a very talented performer. I wish he would stay full time again. I'm going to miss Rock.

But all the good stuff was ruined by Cena's BS win over Ziggler. PUSH DOLPH ZIGGLER!!!!!

Page 196 of 294 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast