Page 207 of 283 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 7063

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Raw was very good despite Cena or Rock not being there. I was completely shocked that The Bella Twins returned to the WWE. Made me happy since I missed them both very much. Thank you god for answering my prayers. Punk interrupting Paul Bearer's tribute was on the mark and made him the official target by The Undertaker. Kane was being back to his once monster self was really impressive. Kane's victory over Punk was shocking as well. Punk stealing the urn was brilliant in his part. Next week I know things will be even more heated.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by blackterminator3 View Post
    Raw was very good despite Cena or Rock not being there. I was completely shocked that The Bella Twins returned to the WWE. Made me happy since I missed them both very much. Thank you god for answering my prayers. Punk interrupting Paul Bearer's tribute was on the mark and made him the official target by The Undertaker. Kane was being back to his once monster self was really impressive. Kane's victory over Punk was shocking as well. Punk stealing the urn was brilliant in his part. Next week I know things will be even more heated.
    Now if only the divas could have more than 2mins of airtime per week...
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

I've been watching some of NXT.

Paige = Awesome...

I've seen a bit of her myself, and heck yeah...Paige = pretty damn awesome. Kind of hard to believe she's only 20 and has a love for wrestling, but coming from a wrestling family I guess it's expected. I hope if/when the WWE calls her up from NXT, they get some real competition for her and give the division some focus. Watching NXT has made me interested in several people/teams/gimmicks I've seen and want to see those same things on regular TV. One of the weirdest things I've noticed when checking out the NXT/FCW homepage is how much Jake Carter, Vader's son, looks almost exactly like the Miz...The Wyatt family looks like it could be a focus of a heel stable on Smackdown if they bring in the group post mania or something, and breathe some more life into the show. And I really wish they had a cruiserweight-style division still, that way if they ever call up Adrian Neville/Pac, he has guys of his style to work with. This dude is insane honestly. Agile, athletic, and fast paced isn't enough to describe that dude. So far I still have to watch more of NXT to see who else catches my eye as guys I want to see on TV and used right. However, this is WWE and knowing them, they'll screw up.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Adrian Neville/Pac, he has guys of his style to work with. This dude is insane honestly. Agile, athletic, and fast paced isn't enough to describe that dude.
    I've only seen his match in PWG against Kevin Steen, I forget the PPV, but yeah, he's pretty freaking legit. A feud with a heel Evan Bourne could be something to die for.(though for the life me, how you make Evan Bourne a heel I don't know)
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I've only seen his match in PWG against Kevin Steen, I forget the PPV, but yeah, he's pretty freaking legit. A feud with a heel Evan Bourne could be something to die for.(though for the life me, how you make Evan Bourne a heel I don't know)
    id love to see him x-division champion. speaking of tna, just watched ken anderson lay down down for batista on RR07 dvd. i sure tna pushes him a little more, maybe a feud with james storm?
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

Dude watch his match vs. Ricochet in Dragongate, the home based one in Japan. It's a high spot fest really, but it shows what both guys are capable of. It's a close to 10 minute match, and after watching it I realized I went holy **** like 5 times easily. You can easily find it on Youtube like I did.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

soo, is anyone going to wrestlemania this year?

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I'm not gonna pay twice for the same thing.

well, I can't because I'm stuck in Tijuana, and well about that, Cena VS Rock is the match I least want to see, if I go it would be because of Punk vs Undertaker

I can't even be excited for a Punk vs Undertaker match as it's pretty much nailed on to be an Undertaker victory. I'm just curious what would have been the basis of the feud had Paul Bearer not died as Punk seems to be bringing up Paul Bearer far too often for my liking.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

uh... i know its called the wwe thread, but... lets hear ir for bubba dudley, aka bully ray, tna heavyweight champion! i always knew he had it in him. best part is, they didnt even have to break up the dudz. i know marking out for tna can stir up the ****, but wwe can seriously learn from tna how to run tag and cruiserweight divisions. its nice to actually have a wrestling promotion that focuses on developing wrestlers, not movie stars.
    Last edited by psychonerderer; 20th March 2013 at 4:16 AM. Reason: remember to proof-read!
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

Jericho trying to order movie tickets from Fandango was hilarious.

Also was it a coincidence Cena had one of the worst segments of the night?

the segment wasn't the best, but it did made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by psychonerderer View Post
    uh... i know its called the wwe thread, but... lets hear ir for bubba dudley, aka bully ray, tna heavyweight champion! i always knew he had it in him. best part is, they didnt even have to break up the dudz. i know marking out for tna can stir up the ****, but wwe can seriously learn from tna how to run tag and cruiserweight divisions. its nice to actually have a wrestling promotion that focuses on developing wrestlers, not movie stars.
    In the meantime WWE can continue to stay relevant and get 3 times the ratings TNA does.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate TNA like most do, but WWE's lofty goals of TRYING to bring you a new product and aiming it at a new audience, is far better then TNA's end goal of "rehash the attitude era and maybe compete with WWE". Bascially TNA doesn't understand that if the wrestling that's existed and been done for 50 years doesn't work, that they actually have to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    In the meantime WWE can continue to stay relevant and get 3 times the ratings TNA does.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate TNA like most do, but WWE's lofty goals of TRYING to bring you a new product and aiming it at a new audience, is far better then TNA's end goal of "rehash the attitude era and maybe compete with WWE". Bascially TNA doesn't understand that if the wrestling that's existed and been done for 50 years doesn't work, that they actually have to try something new.
    and that's why I don't watch TNA. those people need to get out of the 90s. but they have that theory that reviving the Attitude Era will put them over WWE. and like Communism, that theory hasn't panned out

Conquest: A Fan Fiction

Credit to Brutaka

That Jericho/Fandango segment was one of the better parts of raw. For what we've been having, it was pretty good. Also just let Jericho do what he does, and I will be satisfied. Maybe some of the other talents can learn from Jericho on charisma and being funny from adding their own flare on segments. Jericho segments always brighten my viewing.

The Chris Jericho segment was pretty good. Y2J always makes me smile. Also, did anyone besided me totally predict CM Punk was going to drop the urn when he was tossing it around? I don't know if that was planned or not but hearing him curse and be blerted out did make me chuckle, despite how disrespectful the whole thing was, but I knew it was coming so I was prepared for it. It does make me wonder how the Punk vs Taker feud would have been if this tragedy didn't happen. The Triple H/Paul Heyman/Brock Lesnar segment was alright. The whole "If Triple H loses he loses his career" thing was meh. I was expecting if Triple H loses then Paul Heyman becomes the new chairman of WWE. That would have been a great way to get Vince in on this feud to counter Heyman but whatever. Rock wasn't on again, such a amazing title reign. But at least they aren't throwing Cena and Rock II in our faces like last year. Thank goodness.

Also Booker T is going in the Hall of Fame. Yay!
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Dude watch his match vs. Ricochet in Dragongate, the home based one in Japan. It's a high spot fest really, but it shows what both guys are capable of. It's a close to 10 minute match, and after watching it I realized I went holy **** like 5 times easily. You can easily find it on Youtube like I did.
    I've just watched the first two minutes and its the most ridiculous intro to a match I've seen haha. Its more like a circus act then a wrestling match.

Edit: Watched the rest, and it got a lot better towards the end with the slower pace in my opinion. Thanks for the reference!
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 21st March 2013 at 5:29 AM.

I wouldn't say it was disrespectful for Punk to drop the urn. it's not like Paul Bearer's ashes are in it. Really, anything Punk does involving specifically the urn isn't disrespectful because it has nothing to do with Bearer's death and everything to do with his gimmick

Conquest: A Fan Fiction

Credit to Brutaka

Yeah no problems man, that match is just crazy. Huge spotfest in the beginning, then gets more high flying to the end with some technical stuff in the middle, but it's just a huge spotfest of aerial attacks. Yet, the reason I picked that is for how fast paced and athletic those guys are. Think if a crowd in the WWE saw this type of match on RAW or SmackDown. It'd be insane for one thing, and two it's be pretty damn awesome if they would allow this type of match every so often. well not like this exactly, but a fast paced match with some risk and nicely planned out spots on RAW/SD. The cruiserweights had matches like this a lot with the high flying offense, and of course with the tough road schedule of the E they should totally let the guys involved has a short while off to recover if it did some damage so as not to burn them out. They have enough guys on the roster, it's not like they'd be missed for several days to a week or so.

Yeah no problems man, that match is just crazy. Huge spotfest in the beginning, then gets more high flying to the end with some technical stuff in the middle, but it's just a huge spotfest of aerial attacks. Yet, the reason I picked that is for how fast paced and athletic those guys are. Think if a crowd in the WWE saw this type of match on RAW or SmackDown. It'd be insane for one thing, and two it's be pretty damn awesome if they would allow this type of match every so often. well not like this exactly, but a fast paced match with some risk and nicely planned out spots on RAW/SD. The cruiserweights had matches like this a lot with the high flying offense, and of course with the tough road schedule of the E they should totally let the guys involved has a short while off to recover if it did some damage so as not to burn them out. They have enough guys on the roster, it's not like they'd be missed for several days to a week or so.
    I'm kinda split on whether they should have the cruiserweight division or not. I'm against it because it divides who's can make it to the heavyweight scene and who won't. For instance for at least the first 3 years or so Punk was basically labeled as a "high-flyer" and a face, and I think if the cruiserweight division still existed, someone like him might have been relegated to that for the majority of his career.

With that said, WWE could stand to get a bit looser with their rules on what moves can be done and let the wrestlers do what they want to their body. I remember on the new ECW Zack Ryder was doing Moonsaults and Tiger Bombs....now the most they let him do is a misplaced boot the head.

Well I'm on the fence about it. Because I look at TNA and their "X-Division" some of their top stars were labeled in that group and broke free of it. I look at their top stars in AJ Styles and Austin Aries who are just so good that they broke free of the label. I have no doubt that given the proper handling, guys like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk would break free of that mold too really. They just would have had to show they are the main event talent they are is how to break free of the mold. Guys like Evan Bourne, Hunico, Justin Gabriel, Primo, Epico would be lucky to really hold titles from time to time. They'll never reach a WWE main event talent, and that's pretty obvious, and would be lucky for a IC/US title run. At best with their current status, they'd be lucky for a tag title run or appearing on TV. Having that Cruiserweight division would get them noticed and on TV and it'd be up to WWE to take notice of the real talent they have there to move on to bigger and better. Jericho/Christian were pretty much in that boat at one point in time. Yet they kept being pushed to move up at times with midcard/upper midcard success. It's all up to how WWE handles them and them to find a way to break the mold when they are ready.

Well I'm on the fence about it. Because I look at TNA and their "X-Division" some of their top stars were labeled in that group and broke free of it. I look at their top stars in AJ Styles and Austin Aries who are just so good that they broke free of the label. I have no doubt that given the proper handling, guys like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk would break free of that mold too really. They just would have had to show they are the main event talent they are is how to break free of the mold. Guys like Evan Bourne, Hunico, Justin Gabriel, Primo, Epico would be lucky to really hold titles from time to time. They'll never reach a WWE main event talent, and that's pretty obvious, and would be lucky for a IC/US title run. At best with their current status, they'd be lucky for a tag title run or appearing on TV. Having that Cruiserweight division would get them noticed and on TV and it'd be up to WWE to take notice of the real talent they have there to move on to bigger and better. Jericho/Christian were pretty much in that boat at one point in time. Yet they kept being pushed to move up at times with midcard/upper midcard success. It's all up to how WWE handles them and them to find a way to break the mold when they are ready.
    That's understandable, but I would say that TNA actually did a good job labeling it the X-division, because people with the height and build of Styles and Kaz are in there, which makes for a larger group of people. Maybe if WWE reimagined the cruiserweight division to entail more people, I would be more open to it.

On a sidenote, I wouldn't put Bourne and Gabriel on that list. Maybe as of right now I would, but before the injury bourne made it to the main event with cena, and gabriel was red hot as the number 2 heel in the nexus.

Saw bits of smackdown today. I'm glad the company has not lost faith in Fandango.

While its a little ridiculous to have someone like Johnny curtis be in the wrestlemania card and people like kingston on the sidelines, I think its cool that they are having someone debut at mania, against jericho nonetheless. Especially when you factor in the top three matches are absolute abominations of booking.

Page 207 of 283 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast