Page 208 of 300 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 7479

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Saw bits of smackdown today. I'm glad the company has not lost faith in Fandango.

While its a little ridiculous to have someone like Johnny curtis be in the wrestlemania card and people like kingston on the sidelines, I think its cool that they are having someone debut at mania, against jericho nonetheless. Especially when you factor in the top three matches are absolute abominations of booking.
    but does that mean that they're gonna make a veteran like Jericho lose to a complete n00b on the ”Grandest Stage of them All"? yuck. WWE treating Jericho like a midcard jobber...

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    but does that mean that they're gonna make a veteran like Jericho lose to a complete n00b on the ”Grandest Stage of them All"? yuck. WWE treating Jericho like a midcard jobber...
    ....Jericho came back to put over talent.

And like I said, this is quite possibly the most forgettable mania in existence, so I don't really think this match matters much in that regard.
    ----------------------------------

....Jericho came back to put over talent.
    I don't see why Jericho would want to do that. if I were him, I would use my veteran status to put myself in some of the more important storylines every now and then. new talent is important, but Jericho's millions of returns to the WWE is undermining is amazing career

Credit to Brutaka

^ Because if he did that he'd be exactly the same as every other person who returns.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

I kind of agree with this. I mean, it's great that Jericho would put over young talent like Jack Swagger and the Shield, but Fandango? The guy is currently a nobody in WWE and just generates heat by not wrestling. I'm not saying he's not a good wrestler, I don't think I have ever seen Johnny Curtis in the ring before, but I find it amusing that two guys could be debuting in Wrestlemania such as Fandango and Big E. and both will probably go over (unless Ziggler gets pinned). I'm sorry, but even though Jericho has become a jobber, I still think he's to big a name to job to someone who's making their debut at mania. Then again this is Fandango's debut and I don't see him losing. I of course am saying all this as a Chris Jericho fan. I just don't want Y2J to start jobbing to any and every wrestler they put in front of him. If they have Fandango beat Jericho at mania, then I expect him to be a big name in WWE and get a early title shot.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I honestly dislike it being the debut for Fandango to beat Jericho if that happens. I mean I enjoy younger guys being put over by vets, but if they gave this more build and built up the Fandango can't wrestle chant he got from the audience, it'd have worked out better. If they pull on something like that in the next 2 weeks, jericho could still win, but Fandango could still be strong in looks. The one match I always look to when a vet is putting over a young talent is Undertaker v. Jeff Hardy on RAW in a ladder match for the Undisputed Title. The ladder matches made Jeff a credible midcarder and popular guy, but this match showed how a midcard guy could show a main event talent that they have the exact same fight and drive. It could somewhat be similar with fandango putting up a big fight against jericho but coming up short in the end, but jericho managing to pull off a narrow win. Jericho gives Fandango props after the match in the ring, and Fandango can pull a sneak attack/cheap shot.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Why does everyone think I said "Jericho loses".

The is pro-wrestling, putting over does not mean losing a match. It can be anywhere from acknowledgement from a top face(i.e. Cena praising zack ryder), a fingerpoke(see WCW), or simply wrestling a great 10 minute match and having someone "hang" with a top superstar.

Which is what will certainly happen here, IF the match even happens. It writes itself pretty easily, something like

-Fandango/jericho wrestle for bout 10 minutes, Fandango goes for his toprope legdrop and jericho catches his legs into the walls of jericho.
    -Post match Chris Jericho imitates Dango by saying "Jer-I-CHOoOoOoo"

Is it cheesy? Yes. Is that the reason I think they'll do something like this? Yes.

Why does everyone think I said "Jericho loses".
    umm, my first response was in the form of a question. and I'm hoping they don't make Jericho lose because there is just no reason for that
    Last edited by flamebeam; 26th March 2013 at 4:40 PM.

Credit to Brutaka

RAW last night was good for me. I enjoyed a few of the build ups. Fandango vs Chris Jericho was officially announced and I think for all the short time they had to build for it, it's not bad. Y2J is into it. CM Punk vs Undertaker, not much has changed. Kane and Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E. remains the same, I wonder if they throw Kaitlin in there so feud with AJ as well. She's a major reason this match is happening so why not? The champs not doing anything for mania. Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio is still a match I want to see as is Mark Henry vs Ryback. Those are probably the two matches I want to see the most so far.

The John Cena and Rock segment was actually good for me. At least they are trying to make it different on Cena's half. Whether they actually do the deed most fans want and turn him heel is still a mystery. I personally do not see it happening, but at least they planted seeds of the idea of it happening. I guess we'll all see.

I haven't really been up on RAW but since when does Miz do the Figure 4 Leg Lock? And is he a face?

^Basically Ric Flair popped up in a MizTV episode than Cesaro popped up than Flair and Miz beat up Cesaro than Flair gave Miz the Figure-Four so he used it on Cesaro. (Gave as in passed on, not gave as in done it on him.) Also yeah he's face.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

I don't get it, what did did Rock gain from getting the upper hand over cena last night? They're already treating Cena like a chump who can't hang with the rock, so why should anyone believe his inevitable victory over him at mania?

Oh well, sans HHH/lesnar, at the least the booking for everything else is logical(albeit boring as ****)

The one thing I was hoping/wanting last night on RAW was that stone cold steve austin was going to be apart of that panel, or that the fact it took rock 3 times to beat SCSA at mania to be referenced (at least they referenced the first match). A good reference to history, and maybe it could mean that Rock once again beats Cena. I mean that would be a swerve, since a majority of people are assuming that Cena will win so Rock can go shoot movies again or move onto some other feud without the title. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to it, because I mean we got Rock/SCSA 3 times at mania although with one year in between, but with the amount of PPV matches they faced each other at that I can remember, Rock/Cena happening a second year in a row doesn't bother me. I mean the build up so far has sucked for most of the matches on the card, and would have been way better if started a few weeks back, but it's WWE's ball to run with. We can all predict the obvious choices, but honestly what if, they wanted us to think that?
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Cena losing to Rock at mania would be really dumb IMO. We already saw Rock beat Cena last year, so we're just going to get the exact same match with the exact same results as last year as well? I don't care if it took Rock 3 tries to beat Stone Cold at mania, I do not need to see these guys wrestle three times at mania in the exact same spots they always have been in. If Rock wins and then just vacates the title it just makes Cena look weak. WWE's number one guy can't beat a man who doesn't wrestle regularly? Just put Cena over and be done with it. I'm tired of Cena and Rock. There is no reason for Rock to hold that belt after mania...unless he stays and works a few more PPVs. I do expect a Rock vs Cena III, but hopefully not at mania 30.

I think it'd be awesome if Orton and Stone Cold were thrown into the next Cena/Rock match if there ever was one. Cena and Randy vs Rock/Austin would be boss. Even though I don't like Cena or Randy, they really do bring out the best in each other. Not much one Cena's side but w/e.

so rvd recently dropped the tna x-division strap, could this mean he intends to return to wwe? what does this mean for the x-division? if jack swagger could (almost) get away with the dope smokin', im sure rvd could continue his counter-culture lifestyle w/o too much hassle. it would be great to see him step up wwe talent pool, which, imo, has been sufferring since all the wcw guys left. a feud with punk could really take off, they're both in my runnings for best on mic, in ring, and just shooting. only problem is, im a tna mark, so i'd rather just see cm go over there.
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

I don't get it, what did did Rock gain from getting the upper hand over cena last night? They're already treating Cena like a chump who can't hang with the rock, so why should anyone believe his inevitable victory over him at mania?
    I think the point is to show that The Rock is getting inside John Cena's head. That happened last year, and because of it Cena threw away what might have been a certain victory just to try and humiliate Rock. We're meant to think it's going to happen again this year, that WrestleMania 29 is going to be a repeat of WM28 (Cena gets too distracted by his desire to beat Rock, loses because of it), and it's going to lead to one of three outcomes:

1) Cena manages to put that aside, and just focuses on beating Rock, and redeems himself by winning. Having Rock beat up Cena on Raw was just to cement Cena as the underdog ("will Rock get to Cena again!?"), which will make his WrestleMania victory that much sweeter... in theory (I can't imagine there'll be many in the smark WM crowd who'll be happy to see Rock lose). It's conventional storytelling to have the antagonist of the tale appear more dominating than the hero, so that it means more to have the hero ultimately pull through in the end. This is easily the most predictable path for the angle to take, but it'd make perfect sense within the context of the story. It would also cement Cena as the #1 guy on the show and a legend in his own right, and lead to the inevitable rematch at Extreme Rules that ends the story for good.

2) Rock is winning for a second time in a row, and his beating up Cena on Raw was just a way to send the audience home on a happy note. They do this with faces and heels all the time, and Cena will often play the role of the traditional heel when coming up against people (Rock, Punk) who often draw cheers when facing him. He played the heel role to Rock last year, and he'll probably do it again. I'd love for this to happen (if nothing else, I'd get hear Platinum Fan's head explode over the Internet. Haha), but it won't. Rock will need to lose the title one way or another so that he can get his Extreme Rules rematch and then leave until WrestleMania 30. It's the least likely outcome.

3) Cena's going to cheat, or do something less-than-ethical, and this is going to be part of the motivation for it. This move, coupled with their past history makes Cena get worried that he can't beat Rock fairly, so he'll play unfairly. WWE wants people to think they're going to turn Cena heel. They did this last year by having Cena channel Austin pre-WM17 ("I have to win") and they're obviously doing it again by having Cena act more desperate and even making excuses for why he lost before. I think this is more likely than the first option. Cena will do something in this match that hits a moral grey area, but he won't turn heel. Instead, he'll have us tuning in next Monday to see the feud continue and see if they'll finally pull the trigger. Obviously he won't turn, but by the time we figure it out WWE will already have our money... just like last year.

There's also the outside chance that they'll use this as motivation to actually turn Cena heel, which would naturally happen at 'Mania, but I feel safe in saying that it's not going to happen. Anytime WWE telegraphs Cena turning (like they did last year, like they're doing this year), or even taking a significant amount of time off, it's a sign that they're just toying with the audience.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 28th March 2013 at 1:23 AM.

I'll be sure to post my head exploding if Rock wins XD It will be in slow motion so you can see the anger on my face right before explosion time. But to be honest I only think two options are likely, Rock wins or Cena cheats to win. I really don't see Cena winning clean. If he does my entire body would explode out of shock value alone. As long as this feud ends I'm good. It was painful to watch last year and it's been painful this year as well. They've been at it since Wrestlemania 27. Give the Rock someone to work with who actually needs the elevated help.

Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio is slowly losing steam for me, but it is still the feud I am most interested in right now. Same with Mark Henry vs Ryback and even Jericho vs Fandango, just because I'm a huge Jericho fan. I am interested in Punk vs Taker, the thing is we know how the match ends so while the match will be good, Punk has no chance of winning so there it is. The other matches for mania, it's half and half. Not really interested in the tag team match, Triple and Lesnar II will probably be good but I'm not excited for it like I should be. The IC and US belts currently don't have matches for mania, I suspect Wade Barret will fight the Miz and maybe lose the strap. The US belt might be the opener if it's not Da Funkasarus and Tensai vs Rhode Scholars. Wrestlemania is building a card but I'm only really interested in three matches.

FFS, Johnny Ace should come out and Ace Crusher everyone seeing as he returns on this SD. (I was going to spoilers it but it said something like token ha expired.)

It was announced that Miz will face Barrett for the IC title at mania, and it's an 8 man tag with "Tons of Funk" lol vs. the Rhodes Scholars and Bellas. Honestly this match will probably get 6-8 minutes, and I don't expect much from it. However if they can get a few moves going like they did in their last match with Brodus and Tensai pulling off some tag moves, it might be a fun little match, and won't feel overcrowded as most 8 or 10 man tags. The divas might get a small shine spot, but other than that 90% will be clay/tensai dominating til the rhodes scholars start to turn the tides.

I just saw a promo for Rock vs. Cena. are they really saying that Cena's loss was so devastating last year that it caused his divorce? that's bulls***

Credit to Brutaka

I just saw a promo for Rock vs. Cena. are they really saying that Cena's loss was so devastating last year that it caused his divorce? that's bulls***
    True, however you're forgetting one teeny thing: due to this being a rematch of last year, they had to add something more personal in order to make it seem less-stale.

As for the other matches: fan....dan....go.... should win vs jericho (jericho has been elevating heels for the last year, so I expect nothing to change).
    In the championship matches, I expect rock to win again (with cena going full heel during/after the match). In the divas (aj vs kaitlyn?) Title match, I see aj winning. In the tag title match, I see kane/bryan retaining. And in the whc match, I see del rio retaining (with ziggler cashing in to win his 2nd major title).

Punk vs Undertaker (for me) will be the oddest match at wrestlemania. Yes, I expect undertaker to win, but I see it happening via dq (with either lesnar or the shield intervening).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    True, however you're forgetting one teeny thing: due to this being a rematch of last year, they had to add something more personal in order to make it seem less-stale.
    isn't the point of WWE's storylines to suspend reality and make you believe in what's going on? I will never be able to believe that Cena got divorced because he was obsessed with losing to the Rock and it's a bit crazy that this is what they're going with

Credit to Brutaka

isn't the point of WWE's storylines to suspend reality and make you believe in what's going on? I will never be able to believe that Cena got divorced because he was obsessed with losing to the Rock and it's a bit crazy that this is what they're going with
    I mean, its not the main focus at least....then again, a storyline based on this would be more interesting then what they are doing now so who knows.

Yeah, it's hard to believe Cena got divorced because he lost to the Rock. Not to change the subject but I saw bits of the Shield feud with Big Show, Randy Orton, and Sheamus last night. It got me thinking, they could be playing off Big Show back stabbing the team at mania, but what would be a real twist is if Orton or Sheamus turn heel and cost the match. Like if say, Orton didn't trust Big Show but it's really Sheamus who does a heel turn or the other way around with Orton going heel. I just thought, that kind of element could help this feud stay fresh and interesting. But that is just me.

Page 208 of 300 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast