Page 218 of 300 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 7479

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    I clearly haven't kept up with anything in quite a while. Why is the Brock Lesnar-Triple H feud still happening? And since when is Ryback a heel?

The only time the Intercontinental title ever main evented WrestleMania was with the WWF Championship (WrestleMania VI). And the only other time I can think of where it actually got higher billing was SummerSlam '92.

For a while I've been of the opinion that if the WWE/WHC aren't going to be unified, there's no point in an Intercontinental title anymore.
    Well that is still pretty good considering it is meant to be second to the wwf title. Having at least one main event match at a pay per view is still an accomplishment and showed its status that it had compared to what it has now.

The world titles either need unified or stay on separate shows. The heavy weight title gets very little respect and is always a mid card match. If they were to be unified it could be a great story especially if the two guys are up to the task. Though that depends really on the writers getting it right and not messing it up in anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Though that depends really on the writers getting it right and not messing it up in anyway
    Exactly, if the writers/bookers right now can't write for two top tier titles why would anything change with only one title? In fact, all its going to get you 50% of the chance they'll have a good story.

Lets remember how much people complained(myself Included) about the 20 minute triple H promos 6 years back or so, that's the last thing the company needs.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Exactly, if the writers/bookers right now can't write for two top tier titles why would anything change with only one title? In fact, all its going to get you 50% of the chance they'll have a good story.
    True it's sad really because they got so much talent on the show with some guys just needing a push and have some faith in them to help improve the overall product. The only reason I think one title would be better than two is because it would mean the writers wouldn't need to come up with as many story-lines for the show. If done correctly having the belts unified could be a great story, build it up make sure the guys are up for the job and let them go at. Making sure the guy who would hold the new unified title is actually up for the task.

I just don't see the point of the heavy weight title anymore and that is sad because it is/was my favorite title. It had some great matches and feuds especially when cena was holding the wwe title. Now its status is a stepping stone for the wwe title. Is that not meant to be the job for the intercontinental title and united states belt. Both them I think would get a major boost having the guys under the world champion scene going for them rather than just some random guy who gets beat every week.

Well that is still pretty good considering it is meant to be second to the wwf title. Having at least one main event match at a pay per view is still an accomplishment and showed its status that it had compared to what it has now.

The world titles either need unified or stay on separate shows. The heavy weight title gets very little respect and is always a mid card match. If they were to be unified it could be a great story especially if the two guys are up to the task. Though that depends really on the writers getting it right and not messing it up in anyway
    Since there is no brand split, it's why I don't think the World Heavyweight is needed anymore. The IC belt should be the belt that Mid Carders go for to get them ready for main event status, and actually make the IC belt mean something. The World title does not feel like a main event belt anymore, it hasn't for awhile now. It might be unpopular but I say unify it with the WWE title. Trying to pretend the World Heavyweight title is just as important as the WWE title, is almost like trying to say Smackdown is as important as RAW these days. There was a time when it was, and maybe someday it can be again, but right now it's not.

So I'm all for a storyline of unifying the belts but I would have whoever the World Heavyweight Champion is, go over the WWE Champion. I hope it doesn't become the third wheel belt like the WWE's brand of ECW's belt became before it ended.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Trying to pretend the World Heavyweight title is just as important as the WWE title, is almost like trying to say Smackdown is as important as RAW these days. There was a time when it was, and maybe someday it can be again, but right now it's not.
    From a storyline perspective, yes your right, from a merchandising standpoint, your wrong. Because with only one champion, someone like Cena simply cannot make it to all Raw AND smackdown shows. By having two champions, at least at a house show you are guaranteed one of the "best of the best".

I think that's probably the best explanation for why they are keeping the two of them.

From a storyline perspective, yes your right, from a merchandising standpoint, your wrong. Because with only one champion, someone like Cena simply cannot make it to all Raw AND smackdown shows. By having two champions, at least at a house show you are guaranteed one of the "best of the best".

I think that's probably the best explanation for why they are keeping the two of them.
    I wanted to argue this but your house show point made to much sense, so I agree. I still would like to see just one WWE main event belt and put the IC and US belts in bigger spots but I guess it's fine for now. I just wish the World Heavyweight belt would get more love storyline wise. CM Punk was right on when he told Sheamus it was only second best

Meh packing this Raw in a bit early because the fact that HHH/Lesnar is closing the show makes very little sense to me and I don't really wanna see 10 minutes of waiting, etc. that all comes with feeding HHH's ego.

Again average raw and all. Ryder being fed to Ryback, we get the one off random tag match between the PTP and Tons of Funk which could have been good if WWE hasn't stopped the PTP's success and push. Random Kofi vs. Sandow match, where I was hoping for Sandow antics for the night, I was sad not to see it. Cesaro vs Orton for what feels like the 100th time in the last few months. Of course we had the start with the dance off which was average but with Rae feigning injury to let FAHN-DAN-GO get the one up for a sneak attack went like it should have. I liked that interaction with the crowd, each other, and how it went even if the crowd was dead.

As well we now have a No. 1 contender match with ADR vs Swagger in an I Quit (should just be an old fashion submission match) match made by Teddy. (Surprised it isn't a Tag Team Match! Also why was Teddy making the match and where are the actual GMs????) As well we have random Ambrose v. Kingston at Extreme Rules, so Kofi your 2nd/3rd/4th US title reign and 1 millionth midcard title reign comes to an end in a few days it seems. As well Tornado Tag with Team Hell NO vs. Rollins/Reigns, now I'm looking for that one. Make it a No DQ Tornado Tag and that could actually be one of the matches of the night. The 6 man elimination tonight was honestly pretty good. Even if the Shield "lost" by DQ in the end, look at how it went. Got Kane out, then Dean took out DB, and then Cena had his hope spot where he eliminated Rollins, but Reigns got himself DQ'd. It was honestly good not to see Cena go super and elim 2 guys in a row. Kill spot with the spear and time to recover and let Cena seem to come back. Then the DQ when it seemed like Ambrose might have lost to the submission. It's actually looking good for 4 matches on the card this sunday.

I'll keep Swagger/Big E and AJ/Nattie here because before the 6 man tag I downloaded the WWE and used it for the first time. What I got was a great look at a near full 6 man elimination tag match, that might have been full depending on my internet speed. Yet it was all still great for a match. Swags/Big E during that match the crowd was deader than a cemetery, but during the App part, they actually got some cheap heat going and the crowd to react. It was actually good for it which is what they actually need during the ACTUAL SHOW. Now after we got Aj/Nattie. We got the entrances of the bellas and kaitlyn. Yet Nattie still got the jobber like entrance which really annoyed me. As well 5 divas to focus on, when 3 (bella twins and nattie) have no reason to be apart of aj/kaitlyn, made me mute the tv during the match, watch the action, and watch that awesome submission by AJ. Did anyone else see that and think holy damn...that is an awesome maneuver? So WWE app actually had some use although added little to the show although I'm gonna keep on using that to see if I do get more of an experience from it.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

So they did book an I Quit match...

Sin Cara is supposed to return soon. I think they should do Sin Cara vs Khali vs Miz in a special "whoever botches gets eliminated" type match. No pinfall or submission needed.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 14th May 2013 at 10:22 AM.

Cara might lose before the match starts then.

also lol at kahli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_P8al0Ab1Y
    Last edited by Jb; 14th May 2013 at 5:36 PM.

I'm disappointed that Dolph Ziggler got hurt and won't be at Extreme Rules, but when he comes back, Ziggler will be better then ever. Big E and AJ better win some gold. IC and Diva's belts, come on you two, go for it. Team Showoff needs the gold. I did enjoy AJ's submission hold, as well as Natalya tapping AJ's butt to submit, the camera quickly went away from that XD but speaking of gold, the Shield are going for gold. I do not expect Kofi, Kane, and Bryan to retain, I would be shocked if any of them did. I wonder if Kane and Bryan will go their separate ways after it? Bryan could try to go after the World Title again, and so could Kane I guess. We'll see. I am looking forward to Mark Henry vs Sheamus. It's probably because I enjoy Mark Henry so much.

John Cena vs Ryback, I hope Ryback wins and becomes the champ. Cena can take some time off like CM Punk, and who knows, maybe he'll actually get a heroes welcome after a long break. Maybe. Triple H Vs Brock Lesnar, I hope Lesnar wins, even if it's cheap like Triple H accidentally tosses Lesnar out of the cage and thus gains the win. After last night I can see that happening. But seriously AJ and Big E win some gold for Team Showoff. And AJ needs to name her submission hold the Ziggly Puff. She can rename it when she eventually moves on to her next guy.

I know this thread has mentioned dominant-team scenarios lately, and it looks like we're gonna get one with the shield... sorry platinum fan, not Team Zigglypuff... I'm looking forward to this I swear if the writers are trolling us and this doesn't happen!, especially since I dramatically lost interest in WWE after the week in SC; not because it was such a bad show entirely (in b4 taiga thinks I'm complimenting the NJ crowd again, WHICH I'M NOT), but also because I was busy with real life stuff and I saw how downhill things were gonna be headed... and because CM Punk is on vacation. that's also why I want all the heels to win, because I think that would make for a very entertaining RAW. HHH, go home, and I don't mean the ring. shield, be dominant. Ziggy, be a real champion. Ryback, just do whatever.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

FOLEY IS GOD!

The Attitude Era was the best with SCSA and The Rock! . In the Royal Rumble i hoped.
    I was hoping for a return of Jericho and he comes in as 2nd. It was a fun match Kofi's creativity with the chair.

I'll check tomorrow RAW.

But RAW was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    I know this thread has mentioned dominant-team scenarios lately, and it looks like we're gonna get one with the shield... sorry platinum fan, not Team Zigglypuff... I'm looking forward to this I swear if the writers are trolling us and this doesn't happen!, especially since I dramatically lost interest in WWE after the week in SC; not because it was such a bad show entirely (in b4 taiga thinks I'm complimenting the NJ crowd again, WHICH I'M NOT), but also because I was busy with real life stuff and I saw how downhill things were gonna be headed... and because CM Punk is on vacation. that's also why I want all the heels to win, because I think that would make for a very entertaining RAW. HHH, go home, and I don't mean the ring. shield, be dominant. Ziggy, be a real champion. Ryback, just do whatever.
    I like the Shield, but it seems like another Nexus to me. WWE is gonna end up having someone beat them sooner or later

I can't wait for super Cena to single handily destroy the shield like he did with the Nexus.

GO JHON Cenne!1onelleleven

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I can't wait for super Cena to single handily destroy the shield like he did with the Nexus.

Let's be realistic here. Cena will pin Ryback in their match after getting pummeled for 30 minutes straight, The Shield will win the US, IC and WHC belts and then Cena will "overcome the odds" and destroy the shield uniting all the titles into the John Cena Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

The 9 time WWE Champion and one of the most hated stars thoughout the IWC. The Super Man gimmick Cena’s had since 2006 when he drop the Chain Gang/Rapper gimmick. John became the face of the WWE by 2008, and with that came alot of hate. Which I’ve proved before that alot of that hate is more toward the WWE Creative team, rather then Cena himself. As for his gimmick, over the past few months you couldnt tell what gimmick he had or has due to the fued with CM Punk. Cena has stepped up the wrestling and hasnt been the Super Man as much. Cena has lost to Punk 2 times, been attacked by Alberto Del Rio and will more then likly lose at Night of Champions. At this point I dont know if WWE is changing Cena’s gimmick or not. Hopefully, they do. But I can say this, the Super Man gimmick is getting old and has been old for a long time.

With Khali, Jericho and everybody, but now no Bret Hart but Foley's Mankind form.

I'm disappointed that Dolph Ziggler got hurt and won't be at Extreme Rules, but when he comes back, Ziggler will be better then ever. Big E and AJ better win some gold. IC and Diva's belts, come on you two, go for it. Team Showoff needs the gold. I did enjoy AJ's submission hold, as well as Natalya tapping AJ's butt to submit, the camera quickly went away from that XD but speaking of gold, the Shield are going for gold. I do not expect Kofi, Kane, and Bryan to retain, I would be shocked if any of them did. I wonder if Kane and Bryan will go their separate ways after it? Bryan could try to go after the World Title again, and so could Kane I guess. We'll see. I am looking forward to Mark Henry vs Sheamus. It's probably because I enjoy Mark Henry so much.

John Cena vs Ryback, I hope Ryback wins and becomes the champ. Cena can take some time off like CM Punk, and who knows, maybe he'll actually get a heroes welcome after a long break. Maybe. Triple H Vs Brock Lesnar, I hope Lesnar wins, even if it's cheap like Triple H accidentally tosses Lesnar out of the cage and thus gains the win. After last night I can see that happening. But seriously AJ and Big E win some gold for Team Showoff. And AJ needs to name her submission hold the Ziggly Puff. She can rename it when she eventually moves on to her next guy.
    Only thing annoying about the diva match was the commentary only 1 or 2 things said about the match while the rest was b******* between the divas, it really ruined the match and made no sense whatsoever. I wonder though what will they do with the shield if/when they win gold though. They have just done the same stuff since the debut and have no one else really to feud with, WWE need to get off their butts and give these guys a storyline which will explain their view on justice rather than just attack anyone in the ring, maybe have them join Paul heyman and Brock and form a super team. Could be explained that its an injustice that the same guys like cena always get the titles and attention maybe have Brock go after cena or a heavy weight title, though would anyone be interested in that.

Sheamus and mark Henry looks good because they let Mark be himself. He has to beat sheamus and let Mark go for a title if cena is still champion let him go for it. Have him beat cena and really help establish him as the worlds strongest man (because he just beat Superman! lol).

What I'm trying to understand is why the had the shield beat a superteam of Cena, ryback, and sheamus, which made them look incredibly strong and better than cena. Only to now protect cena's image by constantly having him beat all three members, with only a reason outside cena's control be his downfall.(like a tag member losing the three on three match, or his ankle giving out).

I guess just add inconsistent booking to the laundry list of problems in WWE.

Only thing annoying about the diva match was the commentary only 1 or 2 things said about the match while the rest was b******* between the divas, it really ruined the match and made no sense whatsoever. I wonder though what will they do with the shield if/when they win gold though. They have just done the same stuff since the debut and have no one else really to feud with, WWE need to get off their butts and give these guys a storyline which will explain their view on justice rather than just attack anyone in the ring, maybe have them join Paul heyman and Brock and form a super team. Could be explained that its an injustice that the same guys like cena always get the titles and attention maybe have Brock go after cena or a heavy weight title, though would anyone be interested in that.

Sheamus and mark Henry looks good because they let Mark be himself. He has to beat sheamus and let Mark go for a title if cena is still champion let him go for it. Have him beat cena and really help establish him as the worlds strongest man (because he just beat Superman! lol).
    That could be a small problem for the Shield. They've taken out Cena, Sheamus, Ryback, Orton, Big Show, Kane, Daniel Bryan, and while not in matches they have beaten down Undertaker and the Rock. There aren't many WWE Superstars who haven't been beaten by the Shield. If they do get the gold, and I'm sure they will, it might have been a good idea to beat half of those guys down after they won gold. And the Shield in general is become more and more boring for me. It's not a bad group, but it's getting stale for my taste. I hope they get put in a new direction but we'll see.

I guess just add inconsistent booking to the laundry list of problems in WWE.
    At least the WWE "App" has been booked well.

That could be a small problem for the Shield. They've taken out Cena, Sheamus, Ryback, Orton, Big Show, Kane, Daniel Bryan, and while not in matches they have beaten down Undertaker and the Rock. There aren't many WWE Superstars who haven't been beaten by the Shield. If they do get the gold, and I'm sure they will, it might have been a good idea to beat half of those guys down after they won gold. And the Shield in general is become more and more boring for me. It's not a bad group, but it's getting stale for my taste. I hope they get put in a new direction but we'll see.
    I think wwe plans to have a feud with the shield and undertaker when he returns. It would really help establish them as the biggest thing in wwe as a feud with him having matches outside of mania with him will really give the matches more profile. It will be interesting to see what they do between now and then especially since no other tag team has been really promoted that can feud with them.

Haha, I don't have it, but I do like the app for one thing-

Because the action continues during commerical break on it, we don't have superstar A throw superstar B to the outside EVERY commerical break anymore.

That is the thing I enjoy for the app in my one use so far. I do hope that upload speed to continue the match was a bit quicker. I have no idea if it's due to my connection or the app being slow that it takes like 1 minute into a commercial to continue watching.

So in recent news today, it seems that WWE have released several developmental wrestlers from NXT. Derrick Bateman, Percy Watson, and Sakamoto were 3 former main roster guys to have been released. 4 others were Audrey Marie, Anya (some russian kickboxer chick), Briley Pierce (ziggler's bro), and Brandon Traven all got released as well. Kind of sad that Watson and Bateman got released since I think they could have done well on the main roster several times, but they never had anything for the two. All I know of the other 5 is that Sakamoto/Pierce was being used to make Conor O'Brien look strong in NXT, and nothing on the other 3.

Maybe we'll finally get some of that main roster clearing sometime soon too.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Page 218 of 300 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast