Page 222 of 289 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 7217

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

It's just a let down when most of the matches end up being repeats from last week with the exact same outcomes.

and Orton is pretty stale himself (nowhere near Sheamus levels, but still) plus he's so popular a loss isn't going to hurt him much anyway.

It would be more interesting as opposed to having bad guy vs guy who barely ever wins to begin with...

oh yeah. having just seen the commercial for it on USA, I just remembered that I was gonna mention the Divas E! show, which I found out about yesterday. I doubt it's gonna be successful (I mean, who cares about Divas, and who can relate to them), but I'm actually gonna give this show a chance. the Divas don't get any attention, so this might be a way for them to get notice. after all, E! dominates when it comes to reality television and pop culture. or, you know, MISERABLE FAIL.

also, I see Triple H is finally using his real name. how dumb was it every time his wife called him “Hunter"?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I actually can't wait to see the wyatt family on raw, as it'll add a faction dedicated to "mind games" that we haven't seen in a long time. My only wish is that they had a diva in their group, as with that they could then 'target' the entire roster.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

So I was reading an article on wwe.com about 10 top matches from velocity, and I have to admit I miss the 03-05 period where SD produced amazing matches with the cruiserweights and had some interesting matchups on the minor show. Also I was surprised to learn Daniel Bryan fought Cena back during that period when he was just enhancement talent for the show, I honestly did not know that lol. Top 2 matches were Rey Mysterio v. Jamie Noble (#1) and Paul London v. Akio (aka Jimmy Wang Yang) (#2) and finding both matches and watching the extra 3-4 minutes in them were worth revisiting from the short clips wwe gives out. Also forgot that Josh Matthews was the announcer for velocity and were actually calling moves out as the action happened, such as Planchas, Tiger Drivers, and styles of suplexes. Man I wish we could get that now for announcing, it actually made me feel more involved with the match.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

John Cena to Curtis Axel:

Why do I get the feeling Triple H vs Curtis Axel is going to be at the next PPV? Anyway I'm kinda bored with WWE right now. I'm still watching but find myself very bored by the current storylines. I might take a small break for awhile just to recharge. I'm not quitting on WWE, just taking a little break. There's not even any storylines I'm interested in right now.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I've been bored since Wrestlemania, aside from all the excellent Shield matches. Here's to Punk returning soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Why do I get the feeling Triple H vs Curtis Axel is going to be at the next PPV? Anyway I'm kinda bored with WWE right now. I'm still watching but find myself very bored by the current storylines. I might take a small break for awhile just to recharge. I'm not quitting on WWE, just taking a little break. There's not even any storylines I'm interested in right now.
    This begs the question of what storyline you COULD have been interested in over the past 2 years. Big show and sheamus, team rhodes scholars and cara/mysterio, I mean, so many CLASSIC storylines to pick from!
    ----------------------------------

So I thought Raw was pretty good if not for being predictable at the same time. Does anyone actually know what the deal was with the McMahon's out first thing on the show. I mean were they faces or heels? Vince went from supporting the crowd to hating on them. Glad to see Daniel get what looks like his push I just hope they don't turn him heel for the reason for him to feud with Cena that hasn't helped anyone lately.

Also does anyone think Axel is getting to much of a push too soon. Like beating HHH by count out made sense since it gave Axel a big stepping stone and was a rivalry waiting for him in a few months time but beating Cena twice by count out in the main event two weeks in a row.... just feels to big a push already and he hasn't been given a chance to really show his skills in the ring epically against no sell Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    This begs the question of what storyline you COULD have been interested in over the past 2 years. Big show and sheamus, team rhodes scholars and cara/mysterio, I mean, so many CLASSIC storylines to pick from!
    I can't believe you forgot about Sheamus vs Del Rio. That was easily the best feud in the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    I can't believe you forgot about Sheamus vs Del Rio. That was easily the best feud in the last two years.
    Karma vs. the Bella twins. that feud was very long and full of content

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Karma vs. the Bella twins. that feud was very long and full of content
    Sad to say, but that one did get a good amount of development compared to others. At least it HAD a reason for existing.

What I found most ironic about it, is when Karma had her "I have a baby promo", she said "IF the bellas are still around" when she comes back she'll fight them. Fast forward a bit and Karma is the one who's fired and the bellas are still here haha

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Sad to say, but that one did get a good amount of development compared to others. At least it HAD a reason for existing.

What I found most ironic about it, is when Karma had her "I have a baby promo", she said "IF the bellas are still around" when she comes back she'll fight them. Fast forward a bit and Karma is the one who's fired and the bellas are still here haha
    technically the Bellas quit for a few months. WWE managed to talk them into coming back after that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
    technically the Bellas quit for a few months. WWE managed to talk them into coming back after that though.
    technically they "had" to return. Without the bellas, the already "dead" divas division would be unsalvagable.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D

I feel bad for the divas division. Karma was the last real hope I had for it making it big, but oh well. The bellas are at least a heel team for the divas. AJ Lee as a heel isn't working. She should just be neutral. Attacking everyone.

I saw Smackdown last night, surprisingly. I was hope that night. Anyone see Randy Orton's possible heel turn? Or is it just a big tease?

Sadly AJ as a heel has never worked since day one.

Sadly AJ as a heel has never worked since day one.
    She, Ryback, and Punk are all victims of WWE's current idea of how to get shock value, aka "turn someone who is WILDLY successful doing something and make them do the opposite".

At least Ryback still looks to be somewhat successful despite the turn, but its safe to say they blew it with AJ.

Tis sad since AJ as a heel makes more sense than 90% of the divas they have currently as well even more sad since AJ would have made sense as the Underdog face of the division given they still had Beth and Natalya as Heels around. Like seriously it could have helped the division out, had they had kaitlyn/aj vs the divas of doom in a feud, and then AJ could have eventually won the title, they continued the feud for a while longer with Beth wanting the title back, then heel turn kaitlyn giving AJ another person to overcome, this time her best friend. But...we have the **** that has been the divas division for the last 4 or so years?

Punk honestly works best as a tweener with both characteristics, since it lets him work with a wide variety of the roster, it still make sense, and have his heat. Case in point, he was obviously going to be the heel with Rock and Taker, but future matches vs Cena or several others on the roster he'd easily work as the face. I mean I like having a defined face or heel to cheer for in certain feuds, but for me whoever is a tweener in a promotion has always been the most interesting and eye-catching point to gain audience members.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Tis sad since AJ as a heel makes more sense than 90% of the divas they have currently as well even more sad since AJ would have made sense as the Underdog face of the division given they still had Beth and Natalya as Heels around. Like seriously it could have helped the division out, had they had kaitlyn/aj vs the divas of doom in a feud, and then AJ could have eventually won the title, they continued the feud for a while longer with Beth wanting the title back, then heel turn kaitlyn giving AJ another person to overcome, this time her best friend. But...we have the **** that has been the divas division for the last 4 or so years?

Punk honestly works best as a tweener with both characteristics, since it lets him work with a wide variety of the roster, it still make sense, and have his heat. Case in point, he was obviously going to be the heel with Rock and Taker, but future matches vs Cena or several others on the roster he'd easily work as the face. I mean I like having a defined face or heel to cheer for in certain feuds, but for me whoever is a tweener in a promotion has always been the most interesting and eye-catching point to gain audience members.
    this (about punk). technically, he was my favorite before all the “pipebomb" phenomena, but he became many times cooler/more interesting after. hopefully not likely, he'll return as a face/tweener. then again, I remember him being mentioned by heyman recently (haven't really been keeping up ), so idk.

BTW, and I know this was talked about a lot 2 years ago, but I didn't use the internet much back then, does anybody know for sure if CM Punk's pipe bomb was staged or not? (I know, old-*** topic. don't flame the flamebeam) if there's no fact supporting either side, then IMO it wasn't staged
    Last edited by flamebeam; 11th June 2013 at 3:21 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    this (about punk). technically, he was my favorite before all the “pipebomb" phenomena, but he became many times cooler/more interesting after. hopefully not likely, he'll return as a face/tweener. then again, I remember him being mentioned by heyman recently (haven't really been keeping up ), so idk.

BTW, and I know this was talked about a lot 2 years ago, but I didn't use the internet much back then, does anybody know for sure if CM Punk's pipe bomb was staged or not? (I know, old-*** topic. don't flame the flamebeam) if there's no fact supporting either side, then IMO it wasn't staged
    Ya know, I never bothered to look into if the first "pipebomb" was legit shooting they let him do, he did himself, or with the whole thing being staged, and I'm honestly fine with never knowing it. It's part of the reasons we should continue to watch the show for the mystique and possibilities we could see each and every week on either Raw or SD (at least when SD got treated with some respect). But, the backstage mystique that surrounds certain angles, returns, and wrestlers/gimmicks, are just something I never really like to dive too much past and this was one of those in recent times. For my time using the internet to be apart of the online wrestling community for the last year and a half, I've really never looked into things that I still hold to something unique that I see since it's the best way to generate buzz into the product. The only other time in recent memory that WWE has managed to troll/put one over on us as fans was 2008 at least when Cena returned at the Royal Rumble and won it. I have to hand it to the WWE for working with it at least til they (or at least either vince or creative) screwed it up for having one of the hottest angles in a long time come from probably real life events surrounding Punk potentially leaving.

Surprised they actually built toward Kaitlyn vs AJ.

Surprised they actually built toward Kaitlyn vs AJ.
    They built momentum towards their match, but at the cost of something huge (namely the "secret admiror" thing that could've allowed the wyatt family to truly shine). Meh, I guess they'll have to brainwash someone else...

I heard Fandango got a concussion. It's spreading like a disease in WWE I see. If Curtis Axel wins the IC belt, Fandango could come back and feud with him. It would be the perfect chance to turn him face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    They built momentum towards their match, but at the cost of something huge (namely the "secret admiror" thing that could've allowed the wyatt family to truly shine). Meh, I guess they'll have to brainwash someone else...
    They would of ruined that secret admirer anyway. I heard they wanted mark Henry to be it for his face turn but he took time of for injury. Really though I'm just glad they remembered that aj and kaitlyn were meant to be in a feud.

Well that didn't take long at all for me to get tired of Axel. I think after a certain point giving him a million count out victories does more to hurt his credibility. Did they really think just pairing him up with Heyman would make people magically get behind the guy?

Also I'm so sick of these Triple H "feuds" where he comes and goes at random and we barely get any confrontation outside of an occasional two minute scuffle in the ring. I think it's best just to change the channel during his segments now.

Page 222 of 289 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast