Page 227 of 301 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 7502

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

I know most on here don't watch Smackdown or at least don't talk about it much but the end of tonight's show had me laughing with Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes and the Mitb briefcase. It actually got me excited for a match between them. That was gold on their part. Bravo, well done! I was entertained.

Other then that not much went on. Team Zigglypuff continues to fight among themselves, and the promo was overall boring, but I have to admit when AJ got speared I thought it was Edge and was all excited but then it turned out to just be Kaitlin. I guess they aren't finished yet? I was hoping Layla would go after AJ and win the belt.

The Wyatt Family had their first real match on Smackdown and destroyed Da Funkasaurus and Tensai. No surprise about that. Christian battled Jack Swagger which reminded me of their first meeting in WWE's brand of ECW and that was brought up a lot because whenever RVD was around. I didn't see all of Smackdown of course but the ending was great. Worth typing all this if only it could be like this every Smackdown.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Well I watched it and I agree with you there. It's nice to see Punk on Smackdown too. Oddly enough they've already taped next weeks episode along with Raw.

I enjoyed the Damien Sandow shenanigans on Smackdown. Outside Damien Sandow and his antics, Punk made it worth watching this show. Too much filler stuff happening except for Del Rio vs. RVD but something was missing from the match. It was good seeing that most of the crowd actually gave the reaction of hating Del Rio for the heel tactics for once, but the match itself seemed average.

Oh and the Zig/Aj segment. I love the over the top stuff in that. Just shrugging everything AJ was gonna do to his stuff like it was nothing. As well as the little thing about the girl at passport offices..oh wait can't talk about that, ya know not PG and all. The spear that Kaitlyn gave to AJ...gotta admit I thought oh damn....that had to hurt. Overall I hope that we get something good out of these feuds at Summerslam.

As for taping next week's raw and I think they did smackdown too, they probably didn't wanna do them in Australia so they could give their guys the time to rest on the plane and before they had to do a few shows without having to worry about doing a live tv show or worry about taping and sending one over. I think the usual time they'd have Raw here would be somewhere around noon in australia which isn't a peak time to have a show. So all they gotta do is live events there and have the Raw/SD tapings so the home region still get their shows at a reasonable time.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Looks like we are getting a "new" pay per view called WWE Battleground to replace Over The Limit.

I saw half of the Divas' reality show. it was not what I expected. I mean, the girls were very catty towards each other, John Cena was making out with a Bella, they made Brotus look like an ***hole. I can't believe WWE let this happen, but I kinda like this out-in-the open approach that they're taking

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

What were you expecting? haha. It's no wonder AJ and the other divas aren't part of the cast. It might be worth watching every now and then for the backstage pass feel but how sad is it that they had to get their own show to get TV time?

While I haven't watched it, they might as well call the show "The bella twins", because that's seemingly who they are relying on for it. Hardly any casual fans know who the bella twins are, much less the other four.
    ----------------------------------

I will admit, it's very easy to make fun of divas in this thread, but it was hard to do it while watching the show, like when they told Natalya that she wouldn't be in Wrestlemania, and she was devastated. I know I sound sappy, but I felt bad, which is different from how I usually feel about the divas.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

In my opinion the Bellas are as bad as Khali/Hornswoggle. They are terrible in the ring and not much better on the mic...

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    In my opinion the Bellas are as bad as Khali/Hornswoggle. They are terrible in the ring and not much better on the mic...
    Well, its the same with the whole roster. The current one is nothing compared to a few years ago, and that one didn't compare to the one years before that.

You pretty much have to adjust your level of tolerance to appreciate what WWE has to offer.(or be braindead to enjoy what TNA has to offer)

I haven't seen much from the Bella's show, yeah I'm just calling it their show, because all I saw in it was them. The Bella's never interested me much. They feel like Laycool 2.0 but with less material to work with. They should just call it Totally Bellas. Again, they were the only ones I even saw from the commercials and the bits I saw on T.V.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Well, its the same with the whole roster. The current one is nothing compared to a few years ago, and that one didn't compare to the one years before that.

You pretty much have to adjust your level of tolerance to appreciate what WWE has to offer.(or be braindead to enjoy what TNA has to offer)
    Which just goes to show how terrible they are if they suck compared to the current roster. Michael Cole explaining how to download the WWE App is more interesting than the Bellas. I think even Kelly Kelly had more to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Which just goes to show how terrible they are if they suck compared to the current roster. Michael Cole explaining how to download the WWE App is more interesting than the Bellas. I think even Kelly Kelly had more to offer.
    Well what I think sucks, is despite being hired for their looks, I think the majority of them still do want to put on great matches and have more of a character. I actually read some article about that blond haired chick from tough enough, and she said the trainers told her "wrestle more feminine-like".

I mean, not to knock AJ or anything, but until she got her big break with the daniel bryan stuff, her career and matches on t.v. resembled that of any other diva or nxt diva at the time. I'd like to think a good amount of the divas, could do just as well in her position.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I mean, not to knock AJ or anything, but until she got her big break with the daniel bryan stuff, her career and matches on t.v. resembled that of any other diva or nxt diva at the time. I'd like to think a good amount of the divas, could do just as well in her position.
    You're probably right, but I would say AJ is different in that she seems to have much more of a passion for the business.

on an unrelated note I think this would make an awesome theme for someone like Langston:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9L2oSukWk

Raw feel really flat this week it seems. Dead crowd for anything that's didn't involved DB (meaning start and end of the show mostly), and CM Punk. Some weird dead spots as well that creative could have ran with...but confused me in itself as the show went on...but that's creative for ya.

Enjoyed the DB/Cena promos though, they are giving some great time for both guys. DB's promo about having to rise from the bottom, how he isn't the company face/star people have in mind, but proves everyone wrong by going through hell. How he is a wrestler, cena is an entertainer, and we as people want wrestling...maybe creative have caught on and will stop their sadistic game of not giving us wrestling when they can plug the most useless stuff (app, twitter, w/e else). As well Cena's promo seemed a bit heelish, probably another teaser to make us think heel turn, etc. but it was pretty damn good. How the WWE is the place to be and he is the company guy ready to go for the last 10 years while DB was glorifying that being in the minor leagues meant something.

Although we get some weird build up for a Kane/Bray feud...the thought of it being a possible inferno match (please let it be an inferno match...I love fire) makes me just wanna watch for fire and if we get a somewhat sadistic kane just snapping during the match enjoying himself, while wyatt would have to show he's truly sadistic as well and be on par with kane. Fun fun fun if they do it and creative can pull out the stops on it.

Rhodes/Sandow is getting some good air time too. Maybe creative is finally realizing that giving guys promo, match, and segment time on tv will mean they can sell their PPVs better. I mean it worked 20 years back...it worked 10 years back...it could work now! Tbh this feud with Cody is helping Sandow develop even more of his character when he went all out against everyone he ran into on SD last week even trying to ask cara if he saw cody. Cody usually puts on good matches anyway, so bonus to the midcard at least. Should be a good match.

Not the best card so far but not bad development. I'm also sure this is the 4-5th raw we haven't had Sheamus in a match either...so I can call that a bonus too.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Raw feel really flat this week it seems. Dead crowd for anything that's didn't involved DB (meaning start and end of the show mostly), and CM Punk.
    Agreed. I live in Wisconsin, and have been to about 5-6 live Raw Tapings, and Green Bay is always just a terrible crowd. I will never understand why anyone would pay $40+ to just stand and not have fun.

I forgot to comment on RAW. For the most part I enjoyed it. I agree the crowd felt dead unless it was Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. I did enjoy John Cena trying to respond to Daniel Bryan's early comments only for the crowd to reject it. Cena with the crowd will never get old for me

The things I'm most looking forward to of course would be CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar, I love this storyline. Kane vs the Wyatt's, in a ring of fire. This got me excited. Kane is a monster and the Wyatt's are freaks, how could this not be a awesome feud? I'm really enjoying the Wyatt Family, more then I ever did the Shield aka the plot devices to advance other storylines. I'm also excited for Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes. The buildup is great, I loved what they did on Smackdown, I'm looking forward to this.

The things I'm kinda half and half about would be the Team Zigglypuff feud with eachother. It's obvious to throw Kaitlyn in there to counter AJ, but this whole thing just feels weird. I expect a gender tag match soon and will be surprised if Kaitlyn doesn't win her belt back. I was hoping for Layla, but she's now a heel for some weird reason. Another match would be Cena vs Bryan. This might be a fan favorite I guess, but I'm not that into like I am the other matches. If a heel Randy Orton gets involved then it could be interesting.

So it seems that wwe has reported that sheamus is now out with an injury (torn labrum) and will be out for about 4-6 months. Tbh, I don't care that much because sheamus was just getting to me character-wise and having him out for that long will probably make me enjoy his return as long as he doesn't get to super-hulk it up when he gets back. Maybe show vulnerability from his injury and tweak his character up a bit. Anyway let's see if they manage to make a new super-face in the absence of Sheamus seeing as the Sheamus job squad of heels no longer have to fear from repeated Brogue Kicks.

What will the future be for Randy Orton ?

i also think Brock Lesnar should be banned from using his MMA Finisher

Is a ring of fire match the same as an inferno match? does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    So it seems that wwe has reported that sheamus is now out with an injury (torn labrum) and will be out for about 4-6 months. Tbh, I don't care that much because sheamus was just getting to me character-wise and having him out for that long will probably make me enjoy his return as long as he doesn't get to super-hulk it up when he gets back. Maybe show vulnerability from his injury and tweak his character up a bit. Anyway let's see if they manage to make a new super-face in the absence of Sheamus seeing as the Sheamus job squad of heels no longer have to fear from repeated Brogue Kicks.
    Sheamus is one tough mother but I can't help but see this as a good thing for the show aswell. He's been so boring and stale and hasn't had any direction in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekrom2525 View Post
    What will the future be for Randy Orton ?
    Hopefully he feuds with D-Bry after Summerslam (for the WWE championship obviously). This will force Cena out of the title picture.

Hopefully when Sheamus comes back they can find a direction to put him in. I've never been a huge fan of Sheamus, but when he's all healed up I hope they have a real storyline to put him in and not just beat jobbers everyday.

That's a shame for Sheamus. The dudes works just as hard as Cena, and is a better in the ring performer, but never gets the credit for it.

Not that I enjoy seeing his stale character every week, but still.

Is it just me or is the divas title and the WWE title the only two championships that have been relevent as of late? I've forgotten who the hell has any of the midcard titles or even the WHC.

Page 227 of 301 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast