Page 230 of 299 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 7474

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Yeah I think we can agree/disagree with some points on that topic above. I mean Cesaro is a phenomenal worker, but just doesn't have the mic ability to really get over, though he's brought out some pretty cool matches with other guys. Sure, he's had these great matches in NXT like I've heard with sami zayn (OLE!), but since NXT isn't broadcast everywhere (and I'm still trying to find a way to watch), his "great" matches aren't being broadcast to a wide number of the home audience nor international audience.

In terms of Nattie, in terms of ring skill, she is by far the best worker they currently have to work a match. I mean AJ and at times layla/kaitlyn are there, but they aren't going to put on good technical wrestling which Nattie's been training with pretty much her whole life. No one ever said "greatest diva" currently, Sid just said best worker. She is their best diva in terms of wrestling, but AJ is their best diva in terms of character.

Heck, we could go back and forth on a lot of these due to our bias to our favorites easily and finding ways to support/defend them. If there's anything we can agree on it's WWE needs to get their midcard act together if they are going to show signs of a revived tag division (as long as they don't flounder it like they did last year). I mean they've got about double the regular teams than they had last year (PTP, Colons, Hell No, Kofi/Truth) were the regulars at the time they had put some focus on it. Makes me wish they would use Raw and SD time more wisely, but like it got predicted (over our hopes) they are just pandering to social media and sponsors.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

I'd argue that Natalya is best diva WWE has ever had in terms of in-ring skill. I can't really think of any other diva that comes close other than Molly Holly and Lita.

i havent been watching wwe latley. can someone fill me in on what has been happening so i can get back into it?
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

What about Beth Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    i havent been watching wwe latley. can someone fill me in on what has been happening so i can get back into it?
    Cena and Sheamus are out on injury for supposedly 4-6 months. Orton is now WWE champion and Heel after he cashed in his MITB contract on Daniel Bryan at Summerslam after Bryan beat Cena with the help of Triple H who also turned heel at Summerslam.

Now Daniel Bryan is feuding with Heel Orton and Triple H along with the Mcmahons.

The other big storyline is Punk vs Heyman, which turned into Punk vs Lesnar which culminated in a match at Summerslam which Punk lost after Heyman interferred.

To be fair I don't think I included any direct bias. If I did, you would've noticed with a 12 paragraph rant all in caps as to why Yoshi Tatsu is the best ever in everything. So yeah I didn't do anything bad seeing as nobody pointed it out which means absolutely naught. yay. (Does an Aubrey Plaza face.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Raw was mostly alright last night if I do say so myself. You'd expect Randy Orton would have remembered what happen the last time he got a car as a gift, but at least DB didn't take a weapon to it like Kofi did. But, I enjoyed the gauntlet stipulation added on after it that anyone who would think to help/interfere on DB's behalf would be fired. It does drag out the faces getting any sort of win early in this Orton beof bing the face of the WWE run.

The Heyman/Punk saga continued and oh man was it great. Seriously, with Heyman's over the top rants while hitting him with the Kendo stick, with all the claims of being a matyr, father, etc and then crying about it to end the segment. Love the emotion and selling the story right there. Both guys really get that, and this is the best thing going on in the WWE right now followed by the Bryan saga.

Next good thing about raw...Thank You AJ Lee, screw you The Bellas and Red headed chick whom I don't know. I've been waiting for someone to do this kind of promo since Beth and Nattie did it a few years back about the state of the divas. The fact it also trashed the Total Divas show and basically 7 other divas in one go, was just great. AJ may be crazy, but she's smart crazy and knows what's going on still and I really hope we get a Nattie vs AJ Lee feud going. But still, screw the bellas for yelling and prancing around like idiots during that promo, because it looked stupid as heck.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Oh look, WWE made a 13th promo acknowledging their cruddy diva's division, I look forward to nothing happening in future weeks.
    ----------------------------------

I missed most of RAW on Monday, but I saw the opening, I saw Daniel Bryan leave his "Yes" mark all over Randy Orton's new car. I saw Orton vs Christian, I saw Titus vs Jack Swagger, I missed AJ Lee's promo, but I heard she dropped quite the pipebomb on her fell Divas. I saw the ending with Daniel Bryan vs the members of Shield where Triple H had all the superstars watch as some form of punishment for laughing at Randy's ruined car. I still love what they're doing with this Daniel Bryan vs Orton and the Mcmahons storyline and I hope it gets even better. I saw bits of Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel delivering punishment to CM Punk. It was gold. Heyman yelling at Punk that he loved him while beating him with the kendo stick. This storyline has yet to lose my interest and I cannot wait to see where it goes from here. I didn't see all of RAW so I must ask were the Wyatt Family present? It's funny that now that WWE is finally doing something good with the Shield, the Wyatt's are slowly starting to fade. Don't ruin it, WWE.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I didn't see all of RAW so I must ask were the Wyatt Family present? It's funny that now that WWE is finally doing something good with the Shield, the Wyatt's are slowly starting to fade. Don't ruin it, WWE.
    They got a vignette/WWE.com exclusive video this week where he sang a bit of a song giving back story into his finisher the Sister Abigail. So, they weren't fully missed, and I think it's a good thing that they give a week or so in-between seeing talents so they aren't really shoved down our throats, or they fizzle too quickly. But, it was a good vignette into Bray's back story/character, and adds a bit of a layer to him.

Speaking of singing, HHH won this week on raw alone for singing Jiminy Cricket, that is all. Damn Trips is having fun being a heel again, and being so trolly...it's just great.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I missed AJ Lee's promo, but I heard she dropped quite the pipebomb on her fell Divas. .
    it was a monumental pipebomb. impressive to say the least. it even impressed Punk after he went back and saw tape of it, which is quite a compliment with the pipebombs he's dropped before.

Oh really! I need to dig up the things on the Wyatts and AJ Lee's promo. And I agree about Triple H singing "When You Wish upon a Star" That made me laugh so much. Triple H is such a great heel.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Oh look, WWE made a 13th promo acknowledging their cruddy diva's division, I look forward to nothing happening in future weeks.
    Except now they are apparently integrating everything that happens on the main shows with Total Divas. I can't say it's an exciting prospect... But that promo was great regardless.

In other related news, a woman left her newborn baby to die so she could watch Summerslam. (Link here http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2013/08...ch-summerslam/)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Except now they are apparently integrating everything that happens on the main shows with Total Divas. I can't say it's an exciting prospect... But that promo was great regardless.
    I guess. I think people overrated the living crud out of it. All she did was say what needed to be said.(and essentially rip-off Beth Phoenix's....character)

I'm sure Darren young, one of the Usos, or any other tag-team wrestler could cut the exact same promo just as well on the state of the tag division if given the opportunity.

I don't think those guys would have as much to work with as AJ did. She ripped into the entire cast, the show itself, and put herself over in a big way all in one promo. That's not something you see every week especially when it's coming from one of their divas.

Heh, AJ got points with me because I entirely hate reality shows like that. I watch Raw for wrestling and storylines, not for stupid reality shows that the company is trying to promote. I honestly skip through a whole lot of the Divas stuff unless it includes AJ. This promo regardless of being overrated, great, or anything in-between gets 2 thumbs up from me just for doing that: ripping into the whole cast in one go on Global Television.

I just watched the promo and I don't think it's the greatest thing since Punk's. What she said was basically true, that they got jobs for being pretty or coming from a famous wrestling family and that the show is ****. (Even though AJ herself, was pair with like, every top guy since coming in the WWE so...) But it's nothing new.

lol this wasn't even no "pipebomb", just venting on a terrible show and wrestlers that nobody of note even watches.

Now if she came at somebody of note, then I'd be impress but she talking about the WWE's bathroom break lol. It was still enjoyable to watch though.

WWE calling it a pipebomb is just them being the promotional hype machine that they are...

Well, I guess what I find annoying is that people think Punk's and this promo are great because they break ground, when in reality people like us only enjoy them because they broke the fourth wall.

That just doesn't make any sense to me, because it does nothing for the company, the story, and especially the crowd. Just watch punks promo, and notice the barely audible pop for the mention of ROH, but when he mentions someone like Laurenaitis who's actually on T.V. in a story, he gets a reaction.

...oh, and the fact AJ just switched from biggest heel diva to face/tweener with no explanation too.

Well, I guess what I find annoying is that people think Punk's and this promo are great because they break ground, when in reality people like us only enjoy them because they broke the fourth wall.

That just doesn't make any sense to me, because it does nothing for the company, the story, and especially the crowd. Just watch punks promo, and notice the barely audible pop for the mention of ROH, but when he mentions someone like Laurenaitis who's actually on T.V. in a story, he gets a reaction.

...oh, and the fact AJ just switched from biggest heel diva to face/tweener with no explanation too.
    Pretty much that. If we weren't smarks, we wouldn't care that Punk was calling HHH and company by their first names. Because we wouldn't know. These "Pipe bombs" are really only reaching the internet crowd. It does nothing for the fanbase and nothing will come of this one.

WWE is just guiding the "Universe" to what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Pretty much that. If we weren't smarks, we wouldn't care that Punk was calling HHH and company by their first names. Because we wouldn't know. These "Pipe bombs" are really only reaching the internet crowd. It does nothing for the fanbase and nothing will come of this one.

WWE is just guiding the "Universe" to what to think.
    I don't understand how the "internet crowd" whoever the hell that is in reference to specifically would be the only ones who would get that promo. Maybe some parts of it would be lost on a lot of viewers, but not the promo as a whole. You don't have to be constantly reading up on the show online to get the gist (if not the majority) of what he was saying.

Oh, and the Pipebomb was ALL Punk. So I don't get what you mean by them "guiding" anyone there.

I would say it's not so much about breaking the forth wall as it is about saying what a lot of the fans have on their minds and/or would want to say. Punk went on about Cena being portrayed as the best, etc. AJ went on about Total Divas sucking along with most of it's cast. Anyone who watches the show on a regular basis can relate to what they are saying. What's wrong with that?

Well of course Laurenaitis got a bigger reaction, it would be strange if he didn't. How does that devalue what he said?

And did nothing for the story? If anything he made it bigger by promoting himself like that and going on about how Cena is depicted along with the other remarks he made instead of their feud being just another Cena vs some guy for the WWE title.

Considering that promo and feud catapulted Punk into their #2 guy and made Money In the Bank that year so successful, I would disagree that it did nothing for the company... Not to mention Punk has been getting really good reactions from the crowd ever since the "Pipebomb".

To me what's annoying is when people get behind something or someone then pull a 180 when it suddenly becomes popular.

My biggest issue with the whole "Pipebomb" thing - and this aimed at just the concept in general, not at any ongoing storyline - is that at the end of the day, I watch pro wrestling for the escapism it offers. Using real-life events to add an element of depth to a storyline is fine, and some of the most memorable angles have done it (e.g. the nWo), but the point is that it should ultimately be fictional. If WWE can manage the balancing act, then the results are often spectacular, but go overboard with it and you get the Night of Champions 2011 build, with such lines as, "this isn't CM Punk talking to Triple H, this is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levensque!" (paraphrased), that forget that pro wrestling must make the audience forget that what they're seeing isn't real, not call attention to the fact.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 31st August 2013 at 4:31 PM.

I don't understand how the "internet crowd" whoever the hell that is in reference to specifically would be the only ones who would get that promo. Maybe some parts of it would be lost on a lot of viewers, but not the promo as a whole. You don't have to be constantly reading up on the show online to get the gist (if not the majority) of what he was saying.

Oh, and the Pipebomb was ALL Punk. So I don't get what you mean by them "guiding" anyone there.
    It's just me being upset that the ICW has hyped Punk to god levels. I mean, Cena holds the title for a year and everyone trashes him, yet Punk does it and it's the greatest thing since Benoit winning the World Title at mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's just me being upset that the ICW has hyped Punk to god levels. I mean, Cena holds the title for a year and everyone trashes him, yet Punk does it and it's the greatest thing since Benoit winning the World Title at mania.
    That's because Cena became face of the company and was a Hogan 2.0. Fans cheered him to the title like they did Punk but when he became champ he became a child friendly character and pretty much held the title most of the time often when fans had other fave's for it. Punk was always an underdog in WWE and would never be a champ without the fan's backing. He is one of the few guys who stayed true to himself while always improving and adding new elements to his character. Fans like people who can always change and be interesting instead of becoming dull and limited. Compared to Cena Punk is like God to most fans so that's why they would treat him like one at times.

AJ went on about Total Divas sucking along with most of it's cast. Anyone who watches the show on a regular basis can relate to what they are saying. What's wrong with that?
    JUST THAT. She put emphasis on the "sucking" part of "sucking up", and made other inferences that the divas are sleeping around to get what they want.

Well, in a sport where you have to beat your opponent to get ahead, how would sleeping around help you? PLOT HOLE.

And did nothing for the story? If anything he made it bigger by promoting himself like that and going on about how Cena is depicted along with the other remarks he made instead of their feud being just another Cena vs some guy for the WWE title.
    All of which nobody cared about. There was one reason only people wanted to see the ppv and that was if Punk was going to walk out of the company with the title. And surprise surprise, it had nothing to do with breaking the fourth wall.

Considering that promo and feud catapulted Punk into their #2 guy and made Money In the Bank that year so successful, I would disagree that it did nothing for the company... Not to mention Punk has been getting really good reactions from the crowd ever since the "Pipebomb".
    Punk was already getting good reactions. And I'd wager having his first major WWE title run against John Cena is more responsible for that success than his pipebomb.

To me what's annoying is when people get behind something or someone then pull a 180 when it suddenly becomes popular.
    I'm not who or what this is directed towards. If it is me, I've never ever been a fan of punk. Nor did I say I enjoyed the AJ thing...sooo yeah.

Page 230 of 299 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast