Page 232 of 301 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 7502

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    That seems pretty harsh... If Punk or Heyman hasn't been doing much for you in the last year I'm amazed that you manage to find much of anything that's consistently worth watching week in and week out (other than the whole corporate angle)
    Well, between the Henry/cena, bryan/cena, Cody rhodes, the corporate angle(which is about on average an hour of the show at least), Cody Rhodes, 1-2 consistent good/great matches on Raw, Cody Rhodes, etc. There isn't really much to complain about. Oh, and did I mention no sheamus?

Plus smackdown has jumped up a small amount in quality, namely that there is stuff you can actually miss if you miss the show.
    ----------------------------------

Punk/Heyman is much better now that Punk is going after Heyman. When Heyman was Punk manager during the title rain, it was more toward Heyman having a swelled head. Anyways, I like the new story line involving Triple H, Randy Orton and the McMahons.

I could see it, it could be the Rhodes family vs the McMahon family. Hopefully, Big Show will stop becoming their "puppet" but I highly doubt it
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I could see it, it could be the Rhodes family vs the McMahon family. Hopefully, Big Show will stop becoming their "puppet" but I highly doubt it
    Dusty, Goldust, & Cody vs. Triple H, Randy Orton, & Big Show with Show turning his back and being "fired" just to return later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1624 View Post
    Dusty, Goldust, & Cody vs. Triple H, Randy Orton, & Big Show with Show turning his back and being "fired" just to return later.
    Even though Show supposedly had an "iron clad contract"

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Even though Show supposedly had an "iron clad contract"
    Yeah they really f'd up on this storyline. But at the same time they have R-truth rapping while his character is someone who has realized that rapping for the audience didn't get him anywhere so whatcha gonna do?

True, I kinda wish that they gave truth a bigger push too. Actually, many superstars such as Tatsu, Mahal, and Ryder have been neglected for quite a while.

Iron clad contract, yet runs around as a puppet.

Anyways, I'd like to see Ryder get a push. But how WWE is, it may never happen.

I always wanted Zack Ryder to have a push as well, but that ship seems to have sailed far away. And I agree on the R-Truth thing. I thought he was suppose to be this humorous crazy face now he's back to his rapping that nobody cared about? Is his signature move still the Little Jimmy? Not that it matters, he never wins matches these days.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I always wanted Zack Ryder to have a push as well, but that ship seems to have sailed far away. And I agree on the R-Truth thing. I thought he was suppose to be this humorous crazy face now he's back to his rapping that nobody cared about? Is his signature move still the Little Jimmy? Not that it matters, he never wins matches these days.
    I think it still is. I liked the Spin Scizor kick better. I do wish that they brung back the Cruserweight championship and spit the tag team championships so they can give guys such as Yoshi Tatsu or Sin Cara a push. They have been neglected lately... mostly Tatsu

The ending of the Cruserweight Title and combining the Tag titles was something stupid by the WWE. Should still have them, could have Cara and Rey as WWE Tag Team Champions on SmackDown and Truth and Zack as World Tag Team Champions on Raw. As for the Cruserweight Champion, I'd say Evan Bourne (Even though I haven't seen him in awhile). Of course these are just examples, but can help give pushes, instead of having a limited shots for titles.

I think Borne haven't shown up because he broke his ankle or something... but I agree with you. At least give the freakin Usos a title shot. Or have Ricardo Rodriguez cone in as "Chimera" and give him a few matches too. Really, Ricardo can wrestle

I believe they have given the Usos a title shot. I don't get how R-Truth doesn't get pushed though because it seems like he's already proven himself... Instead we get Alberto who's apparently connected at the hip to the World Heavyweight Championship. WWE needs to stop playing it safe if they want anyone to give a damn about the other belts and not just the WWE Title.

I get the fact that it was story lined and everything in WWF, but really. WWF was so much better to watch then nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1624 View Post
    I get the fact that it was story lined and everything in WWF, but really. WWF was so much better to watch then nowadays.
    You mean before the animal rights group sued them for the name? The Chris Benoit incident? Or Linda McMahon running for office?

As a whole I think the attitude era was really overrated in the sense I think people override all the stupid stuff with the absolute best stuff.

HOWEVER, the main thing current WWE could learn from the era was how to have multiple storylines for multiple titles. Watch ANY PPV before about 2008 and they will have a vignette summarizing the story for any match. Nowadays its VERY rare for them to even have a storyline for the intercontinental or U.S. titles, much less a non-title personal rivalry(a la just about every chavo guerrero or matt hardy PPV match).

That is how they had so many feuds that could last half a year, because people had other stories to quench their thirst. Right now, for me, the "wuts best for buziness" storyline is already losing steam just a month and a half after its inception because there is NOTHING else of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    As a whole I think the attitude era was really overrated in the sense I think people override all the stupid stuff with the absolute best stuff.
    Yes. The shine really gets taken off the Attitude Era once you go back and actually watch the whole "Raw is War" episodes, and not simply the old "Best of Raw, Vol. I-III" videotapes or isolated YouTube clips. It was the era I began watching WWF, and it's the era I draw all of my favorite performers (Rock, Austin, Undertaker, etc.) from. But many of the "edgy" stuff that appealed to me when I was 8-years old, or 15-years old, come off as simply desperate to me now.

In many ways, Attitude is no different from today's WWE. You have the same amount of filler on individual "Raw is War" episodes. The main eventers, particularly one Stone Cold Steve Austin (who always seems to receive a pass, while Cena never does), often ran over the midcard and rarely looked weak or lost clean. The European/Hardcore belts were treated with no more respect than the Intercontinental/U.S. titles are today. The Women's Division was a sick joke, and its only value was that the female wrestlers exposed themselves more than the Divas of today. The majority of non-SummerSlam/Survivor Series/Royal Rumble/WrestleMania pay-per-views were throwaways. Many angles either went nowhere or were sacrificed for the sake of "swerving" the audience. In fact, if people want to see where much of the elements of today's WWE they hate so much started, then they don't have to look any further than the years 1998-01 to find it.

What the Attitude Era did have, and what I think was its greatest advantage, was a strong upper-card roster (Austin, Foley, 'Taker, Rock, Kane, HHH) and even some lower-card talent that came around near the end (Angle, Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, the Hardyz, Edge, etc.) that could salvage even its worst periods.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    The main eventers, particularly one Stone Cold Steve Austin (who always seems to receive a pass, while Cena never does)
    It's easy to give him a pass when he was the top guy way back when... I'm sure if he returned even sporadically the same wouldn't be true. I was actually shocked at the amount of flak The Rock has received these past couple of years (granted I'm probably not one to talk)

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Right now, for me, the "wuts best for buziness" storyline is already losing steam just a month and a half after its inception because there is NOTHING else of interest.
    You aren't the only one who feels this way. It seems like way too much of the roster is just in limbo.

On a side note I don't think Randy has been savage enough. They should have him punt kick someone off of TV or something.

I was hoping he'd try to punt RVD last night on raw after the top rope DDT he did, maybe for ricardo to save him or something last minute? But still show he had that intensity.

Did anyone else notice the fair amount of production/video related mistakes it felt like this week? Though there aren't usually a lot of noticeable mistakes from week to week, it felt like this week's production mistakes were way more noticeable. I mean the Rowan goat mask cut cole of mid sentence and they randomly came back to the Orton opponent voting. As well as a few other mistakes that I don't really remember but were there and just felt really strange since WWE production and timing are usually really well done, it just felt like this last week or so has had some stuff not fit.

Anyway, I wonder if we might be getting some NXT diva's call ups soon or something. I mean AJ not being able to trust any of the divas, either the total divas or the divas that were supposed to be "her partners" though that alliance seemed to come out of nowhere, could we be seeing any NXT divas called up maybe?

They also handled the 11 on 3 thing a bit better this week, but god damn HHH/Stephanie please stop trying to make things overwhelming odds in a match that we've had similar ones like not exist. I mean 11 on 3, I admit it's due to the 3rd person of the shield, but we've had Orton and Cena if I recall vs the entire raw roster which was like 20 guys, and then HHH and Mr. Kennedy I believe vs the entire ECW roster which was like 15 guys. Worse odds for the smaller team. I just hate the poor acting at this point. I mean I love troll H and troll Steph, but the overacting is really killing it for me.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

You aren't the only one who feels this way. It seems like way too much of the roster is just in limbo.
    And it's nice that WWE is ignoring the fact they are putting Bryan in 3-4 shows a week, with by FAR the longest matches, and usually multiple matches in the same show. I'm sure Bryan is a tough guy and CAN take it, but that cannot be good on his body(especially when he's a...vegetarian? at that).

On a side note, I feel WWE could do some interesting stuff with the Uso's right now. I feel like they could be the next hardyz with crazy spots and stuff, so long as they don't just copy the hardyz cool spots(such as WWE completely and utterly cloning the ring exploding spot). It would help if they gave the Usos like a single promo in the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I was hoping he'd try to punt RVD last night on raw after the top rope DDT he did, maybe for ricardo to save him or something last minute? But still show he had that intensity.

Did anyone else notice the fair amount of production/video related mistakes it felt like this week? Though there aren't usually a lot of noticeable mistakes from week to week, it felt like this week's production mistakes were way more noticeable. I mean the Rowan goat mask cut cole of mid sentence and they randomly came back to the Orton opponent voting. As well as a few other mistakes that I don't really remember but were there and just felt really strange since WWE production and timing are usually really well done, it just felt like this last week or so has had some stuff not fit.

Anyway, I wonder if we might be getting some NXT diva's call ups soon or something. I mean AJ not being able to trust any of the divas, either the total divas or the divas that were supposed to be "her partners" though that alliance seemed to come out of nowhere, could we be seeing any NXT divas called up maybe?

They also handled the 11 on 3 thing a bit better this week, but god damn HHH/Stephanie please stop trying to make things overwhelming odds in a match that we've had similar ones like not exist. I mean 11 on 3, I admit it's due to the 3rd person of the shield, but we've had Orton and Cena if I recall vs the entire raw roster which was like 20 guys, and then HHH and Mr. Kennedy I believe vs the entire ECW roster which was like 15 guys. Worse odds for the smaller team. I just hate the poor acting at this point. I mean I love troll H and troll Steph, but the overacting is really killing it for me.
    I would welcome new divas on the rooster, and hopefully some new feuds, I didn't realize until last Monday that the Bellas were faces now. Kinda cool, I guess? I was a little surprised by the 11 on 3 match between the WWE faces and the Shield. But to anyone who thinks Zack Ryder will ever get a push anytime soon, don't watch this match. Him and Justin Gabriel, poor guys. I was waiting for some kind of twist in this match but none really came that I saw. Did I miss it? If so what was the heel twist? Also it looks like Big Show is turning more and more heel, or he's just getting use to knocking people out, cause he easily KO'd Miz when Stephanie told him to, without question. While I'm on the subject I wouldn't mind a Miz vs Orton feud when he's done with Bryan. At least they have a build up for it. I don't expect Miz to win, but the feud could at least put him back to fighting main even level guys.

Also is Wade Barret out with a injury? I haven't see him in like forever. Cen, Sheamus, and Henry are all out too, so is Wade on the same list?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Also is Wade Barret out with a injury?
    Not to the best of my knowledge. I mean he JUST got done with the small program with Daniel Bryan a month ago. It would not surprise me if he's just been on superstars or Main Event as of late.

I can honestly say that pairing up Tamina with AJ looks more promising than pairing up Ryback with Paul Heyman.

I can honestly say that pairing up Tamina with AJ looks more promising than pairing up Ryback with Paul Heyman.
    Yeah Tamina will probably be with AJ for about 2 weeks then she'll be gone out of nowhere lol...
    Just look what happened to Big E and Layla
    But I do have to agree with you that Heyman and Ryback doesn't really look promising however Heyman is freakin' hilarious with his interactions with Ryback! It's like he's in love with him LMAO
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Ryback just looks like a poor mans Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman. The real Brock Lesnar's not on right now, so they give him another hulking monster, who is nowhere near as intimidating as the real thing. I'm not looking forward to Punk vs Ryback, I'm actually wondering how long they plan to stretch CM Punk vs Paul Heyman and his guys. I know this is probably to keep him out of the title hunt for awhile, but are they building up for a rematch with Punk and Lesnar? Because Lesnar is the top Paul Heyman guy and I can't see the feud really ending without Punk beating all of Heyman's forces.

Page 232 of 301 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast