Page 236 of 298 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 7445

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

When John Cena opened Monday Night RAW last night, I was asking myself, why do dislike this guy so much again? Then Damien Sandow happened and I remembered. Sandow gave Cena a brutal beating and should have taken his arm out of action and then he cashes in, and John Cena is able to fight the entire match with one arm, the commentators keep calling him Superman, he kicks out of Damien Sandow's finisher, even with the injury. He hits the AA and defeats Damien Sandow. So Sandow will not be a World Heavyweight Champion because his Mitb has officially been used up and super Cena despite the beating he got still prevailed. I knew they weren't taking the belt off Cena this soon but I was upset that Damien Sandow's briefcase ultimately was useless and he's not going to be World Heavyweight Champion. To be fair the World Title is meaningless so it's not like it would make him a WWE Champion. But still Sandow was cheated. Super Cena is back and I already am screaming at my TV for him to lose DX

Other then Super Cena, the show was pretty good. I didn't see the PPV but did Big E. Langston fight Dean Ambrose? I thought he was suppose to wrestle Curtis Axel? Well at least Langston is getting a better push then Dolph Ziggler right now. CM Punk defeated Ryback again. Oh Ryback, remember when WWE use to push this guy as a possible Goldberg? The Daniel Bryan segment with Shawn Michaels was great for me. I loved how Shawn's manner and attitude changed so quickly in that segment. When he said that he was always a A plus wrestler in WWE, I loved the ego behind his voice. I mean it's true, he was a huge A plus guy in WWE, still is but I loved this segment with him and Daniel Bryan. The Wyatt Family attacked Bryan backstage for whatever reason and did the same to CM Punk. Future feuds maybe? Kane turned heel and took his mask off and gave it to Stephanie and I loved her face when she held his mask. I wanted her to shout "Unlimited power!" and hold the mask up for all to see.

The ending with Big Show, Randy Orton, and Triple H basically setup either Big Show vs Orton or vs Triple H. When Stephanie stopped Triple H from getting in the ring with Big Show I thought she was going to summon Kane. Would have been funny. But the person who stole the night for me was Summer Rae beating up Natalya in their match. She didn't win but I enjoyed her in the ring, yelling random stuff while beating Natalya up. I want to see more Summer Rae. Overall minus Super Cena, a good RAW.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Honestly, I'm kind of happy with the product now, though the poor booking of the authority feud is kind of irking me. Though I can't say I absolutely hate the product as it is now. We wanted a Daniel Bryan push to the main event, we are getting a technical Daniel Bryan push to the main event. This has been in the works for basically 2 years with the constant reactions he's been getting.

I had to do stuff during most of Raw, so I have to go back and re-watch it, but the segments I caught weren't bad though. Especially Usos vs the Shield.

Also yeah, Curtis Axle apparently has a hip injury and couldn't compete at the PPV so they made a change on the fly to give Ambrose a match (which made it to the main PPV), and honestly though they clunked through the match both guys looked good. Big E doing a suicide dive taking both him and Ambrose off the apron to the floor was honestly pretty cool to see. I do hope they do something with him and find stuff for him to roll with.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Honestly I'm starting to getting sick of WWE lately and it's not the actual product but the fans. So much complaining over everything that doesn't go their way. Bryan not winning the title = being buried. HHH acting like a heel = burying people, Cena winning a world title = burying people, WWE building a long story line for their main title = awful idea. Seriously the fans expect Bryan to come in beat tall the heels win the title and be on his way.
    HHH pretty much buried the whole roster when he said he only fights guys like the Undertaker or Brock Lesner and that Edge and Chris Jericho couldn't cut it. Cena buries everyone he feuds with.

As fro DB, I don't care much much for him. People keep comparing him to Benoit. lmao Benoit was a billions times better.

What is the "Creative" team smoking? They've ripped the carpet out from under Ryback and Sandow big time. Is anyone looking forward to a Cena vs Del Rio feud? and Daniel Bryan has looked weak ever since Summerslam... Is this how you push a guy in the main event, by having him fail to capture the championship 3 times in a row while getting beat up and berated almost every week? This angle isn't building sympathy for Bryan, it's making him look like a chump and making Orton look like some vanilla tool. The only people who are actually benefiting from this main event angle are all retired/part time except for Big Show.

The only thing that has me interested is a possible Wyatt family vs Punk storyline... I think i'm going to just skip this crappy corporate angle from now on.

I actually don't mind the fact Sandow lost that match to Cena. If he won he would have probably gotten the Swagger style of booking after cashing in a win, that would probably have been a strong inevitability. With the loss, he actually looked good in the effort as well as his matches against Cody Rhodes and Ziggler a few months back. If they give him more TV exposure and keep booking him in strong losing efforts then the next time a WHC or any title opportunity shows up, then I think he might be ready for it. He is now the 2nd man to fail cashing in money in the bank, so that sets the standard that we actually won't know if the MITB guy will win or lose in their next attempt. If he ends up with a Midcard title run in the next year or so, then maybe come late 2014 or sometime 2015 maybe Sandow will be knocking on that main event spot with a world title and the people will want to see it.

This kind of thing has happened with some big stars over the last 10-15 years, and well this could be Sandow's turning point.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    What is the "Creative" team smoking? They've ripped the carpet out from under Ryback and Sandow big time. Is anyone looking forward to a Cena vs Del Rio feud? and Daniel Bryan has looked weak ever since Summerslam... Is this how you push a guy in the main event, by having him fail to capture the championship 3 times in a row while getting beat up and berated almost every week? This angle isn't building sympathy for Bryan, it's making him look like a chump and making Orton look like some vanilla tool. The only people who are actually benefiting from this main event angle are all retired/part time except for Big Show.

The only thing that has me interested is a possible Wyatt family vs Punk storyline... I think i'm going to just skip this crappy corporate angle from now on.
    The thing I'm most confused by this is where exactly the shield "goes" from now on. Rollins and reigns lost the tag titles, dean ambrose is stuck being the "#2 guy for when the intercontinental title can't be defended", and as a whole the wyatts are seemingly replacing them as the "scary 3-man group the mcmahons control" (wyatt said 'the devil made me do it', which obviously means that he's sold out). Trying to turn the shield face will be impossible to do, as they were heels for so long that doing so would destroy their credibility, leaving them with big question marks over their heads.

Also, john cena vs adr seems like a bit of a "filler rivalry". If sandow had cashed, and won, then it could've lead to a cena vs sandow vs adr rivalry (which as we all know, after seeing the sandow vs adr match, wouldn't be that bad). Instead, we're left with cena vs del rio with cena having no shot of losing.

Future predictions: big show vs orton at survivor series, rock returns/attacks orton, captures title at next ppv, rock vs cena for the whc and wwe championships
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    As fro DB, I don't care much much for him. People keep comparing him to Benoit. lmao Benoit was a billions times better.
    LMAO! The thing about Benoit is that while he can have a very good wrestling match against Kurt Angle, he can brawl with the likes of Triple H and Austin. Him brawling seems more realistic than DB brawling. Remember his "chops", that thing seems to really hurt in real life. He looks more solid btw.

How in the blue hell can you compare Benoit, a guy who wrestled 10 years ago in the heyday of WWE wrestling, to a Daniel Bryan, a guy who is set in an industry that permits you to hit like 4 body parts and do 5 wrestling moves? Heck, a wrestler can't even do a punch without turning 180 degrees so the camera "gets the best shot".

It'd be FAR better to compare Benoit and Bryan Danielson than anything, and even then the roles would be switched and benoit would be on t.v. and danielson in ROH
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I actually don't mind the fact Sandow lost that match to Cena. If he won he would have probably gotten the Swagger style of booking after cashing in a win, that would probably have been a strong inevitability. With the loss, he actually looked good in the effort as well as his matches against Cody Rhodes and Ziggler a few months back. If they give him more TV exposure and keep booking him in strong losing efforts then the next time a WHC or any title opportunity shows up, then I think he might be ready for it. He is now the 2nd man to fail cashing in money in the bank, so that sets the standard that we actually won't know if the MITB guy will win or lose in their next attempt. If he ends up with a Midcard title run in the next year or so, then maybe come late 2014 or sometime 2015 maybe Sandow will be knocking on that main event spot with a world title and the people will want to see it.

This kind of thing has happened with some big stars over the last 10-15 years, and well this could be Sandow's turning point.
    That's like saying Axel looked good losing to Punk during Punk's feud with Heyman. How could he possibly come off as a worthy opponent when he still lost after hitting his finisher and smashing Cena's injured arm with an armored briefcase and a chair on the steel steps? Cena could have lost without the case on the line and still would have been a credible threat along with Sandow, But instead we are right back at square one with only Cena looking strong and seemingly nothing good to come of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Also, john cena vs adr seems like a bit of a "filler rivalry". If sandow had cashed, and won, then it could've lead to a cena vs sandow vs adr rivalry (which as we all know, after seeing the sandow vs adr match, wouldn't be that bad). Instead, we're left with cena vs del rio with cena having no shot of losing.
    And I'm guessing The ONLY reason Del Rio is still in the title picture is so they can cater to the latino demographic...

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    That's like saying Axel looked good losing to Punk during Punk's feud with Heyman. How could he possibly come off as a worthy opponent when he still lost after hitting his finisher and smashing Cena's injured arm with an armored briefcase and a chair on the steel steps? Cena could have lost without the case on the line and still would have been a credible threat along with Sandow, But instead we are right back at square one with only Cena looking strong and seemingly nothing good to come of this.
    I dunno, maybe it's because the announce team was pushing the idea Cena is superman, something we've been calling him for years, WWE finally admitting it maybe? On his own level, where basically no superstar would/can touch him? For all we know, they did this to advance a possible future storyline regarding the state of Cena's health. Sandow can be rebuilt if they actually dedicate time to him, give him a good run in the midcard/upper-midcard and keeps having solid performances like Ziggler has done over the last 4 or so years. And, people can actually care that he ascends to the top at some point if they give him the time. Yes, right now he doesn't look credible, but it's not like his entire career is over after this unless they just throw him to the side and forget him. So time will tell, we just have to look at what the future holds. Even though Cena was only one-armed, they both had a solid showing, with Cena having to dig down to actually continue, and he pulled off a few moves we haven't seen for a while.

Maybe WWE finally learned how much their guys are set up to fail with a pre-mature title run, ala Sheamus first title run, Miz cash-in reign on Orton, and Swagger's cash in. Maybe, they'll dedicate time to Sandow and let him shine in the ring and in feuds to build him up instead of hot-shoting the title to him, and then the fans would care more for him as the WHC. Sandow isn't the first guy that's gottened Cena'd especially when Cena was injured, and he won't be the last. It all comes down to what happens with time telling where he goes.

Miz failed in his first title run? News to me.
    ----------------------------------

Miz's run was great. Then he got buried between the Rock and Cena nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Miz's run was great. Then he got buried between the Rock and Cena nonsense
    And by Orton soon after... I wish that they can bring more attention to the IC title though... it seems like its going to fade away within the year. I actually hope they bring the Crusierweight title back too, I mean, its just a waste of talent for people like Yoshi Tatsu, Sin Cara, and possibly one of the members of 3mb to just get shafted almost every single week.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    And by Orton soon after... I wish that they can bring more attention to the IC title though... it seems like its going to fade away within the year. I actually hope they bring the Crusierweight title back too, I mean, its just a waste of talent for people like Yoshi Tatsu, Sin Cara, and possibly one of the members of 3mb to just get shafted almost every single week.
    Agreed. Axel was a good start, the problem though was that he was basically forced into defending against guys like r-truth and kofi every other ppv. If the ic-title goes, I'd probably want to see the hardcore title make a return. With guys like the wyatts, shield, and big show all having good moments off-stage/not in the ring, the hardcore title would make the roster more "whole", and distract us from aj not having a challenging opponent yet.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

Was Chavo the last to hold that title? I don't really see it coming back and the IC Championship is starting to be less important. Same goes for the US Championship.

Agreed. Axel was a good start, the problem though was that he was basically forced into defending against guys like r-truth and kofi every other ppv. If the ic-title goes, I'd probably want to see the hardcore title make a return. With guys like the wyatts, shield, and big show all having good moments off-stage/not in the ring, the hardcore title would make the roster more "whole", and distract us from aj not having a challenging opponent yet.
    The chances of the Hardcore Belt being brought back has just the same odds as Mr. McMahon stops the whole PG era and remaking the Ruthless Aggression Era. I also hope that Truth gets to hold a title for once. I mean, since when did he ever get to hold the belt after leaving TNA?

@Shadow... It was either Rey, Chavo, or Funaki... I do not remember
    Last edited by Dew Watatsumi; 30th October 2013 at 10:19 PM.

The chances of the Hardcore Belt being brought back has just the same odds as Mr. McMahon stops the whole PG era and remaking the Ruthless Aggression Era. I also hope that Truth gets to hold a title for once. I mean, since when did he ever get to hold the belt after leaving TNA?

@Shadow... It was either Rey, Chavo, or Funaki... I do not remember
    Truth held the US Championship I believe along with the Tag Titles with John Morrison. As for the Hardcore title, if they brought it back. It would be defended at Pay-Per-Views only under TLC, Tables, or Ladder matches. And the one I think that would bring it back would be RVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1624 View Post
    Truth held the US Championship I believe along with the Tag Titles with John Morrison. As for the Hardcore title, if they brought it back. It would be defended at Pay-Per-Views only under TLC, Tables, or Ladder matches. And the one I think that would bring it back would be RVD.
    John who? Joking aside, if they gave Goldust and Cody Rhodes the tag belts, they better give more title divisions out to more people... They can start by bringing back the world tag championships

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I dunno, maybe it's because the announce team was pushing the idea Cena is superman, something we've been calling him for years, WWE finally admitting it maybe? On his own level, where basically no superstar would/can touch him? For all we know, they did this to advance a possible future storyline regarding the state of Cena's health. Sandow can be rebuilt if they actually dedicate time to him, give him a good run in the midcard/upper-midcard and keeps having solid performances like Ziggler has done over the last 4 or so years. And, people can actually care that he ascends to the top at some point if they give him the time. Yes, right now he doesn't look credible, but it's not like his entire career is over after this unless they just throw him to the side and forget him. So time will tell, we just have to look at what the future holds. Even though Cena was only one-armed, they both had a solid showing, with Cena having to dig down to actually continue, and he pulled off a few moves we haven't seen for a while.

Maybe WWE finally learned how much their guys are set up to fail with a pre-mature title run, ala Sheamus first title run, Miz cash-in reign on Orton, and Swagger's cash in. Maybe, they'll dedicate time to Sandow and let him shine in the ring and in feuds to build him up instead of hot-shoting the title to him, and then the fans would care more for him as the WHC. Sandow isn't the first guy that's gottened Cena'd especially when Cena was injured, and he won't be the last. It all comes down to what happens with time telling where he goes.
    This could also ruin Damien Sandow as well. Ziggler and Ryback haven't recovered and from the looks of things, neither are getting out of midcard anytime soon. Ryback might be getting matches with CM Punk, but it's clear he's not going over Punk and Ziggler's barely getting RAW matches besides jobbing to the Shield and Wyatts. I'm not a huge Damien Sandow fan but I felt so bad for him last Monday. He had such a advantage and still lost to a one-armed John Super Cena. I don't have faith in turning him face will help. It hasn't helped Dolph Ziggler much. I wonder why they gave him the briefcase to begin with? Did they suddenly lose interest in pushing him? Maybe I'm just angry at another Super Cena match. Sandow's best chance now is to go for the IC or US belts.

Also guys, I believe Hornswoggle, yes Hornswoggle was the last Crusierweight Champion. He "defeated" Chavo for the belt and then Vickie stripped him of the belt for...whatever reason, I don't remember, and that was the end of that belt. I don't recall it ever being used again or brought up either.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    This could also ruin Damien Sandow as well. Ziggler and Ryback haven't recovered and from the looks of things, neither are getting out of midcard anytime soon. Ryback might be getting matches with CM Punk, but it's clear he's not going over Punk and Ziggler's barely getting RAW matches besides jobbing to the Shield and Wyatts. I'm not a huge Damien Sandow fan but I felt so bad for him last Monday. He had such a advantage and still lost to a one-armed John Super Cena. I don't have faith in turning him face will help. It hasn't helped Dolph Ziggler much. I wonder why they gave him the briefcase to begin with? Did they suddenly lose interest in pushing him? Maybe I'm just angry at another Super Cena match. Sandow's best chance now is to go for the IC or US belts.

Also guys, I believe Hornswoggle, yes Hornswoggle was the last Crusierweight Champion. He "defeated" Chavo for the belt and then Vickie stripped him of the belt for...whatever reason, I don't remember, and that was the end of that belt. I don't recall it ever being used again or brought up either.
    I remember something about the little bastard (that's was his old ring name) getting the belt... its probably because Vickie was embarrassed that a midget won the belt or something...

I remember something about the little bastard (that's was his old ring name) getting the belt... its probably because Vickie was embarrassed that a midget won the belt or something...
    Wasn't it during that period when Hornswoggle was suppose to be Vince Mcmahon's son? I can't remember.

It was at the great american bash from a few years ago. They held a 15-man battle royale with literally every cruiserweight, and hornswoggle got chased into/out of the ring just as the bell rang (officially making him a participant). When chavo defeated everyone, hornswoggle emerged from beneath the ring/"Tadpole splashed" him for the win. After that, vickie decided to "retire" the belt, in hopes that hornswoggle wouldn't get hurt from defending it in matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Wasn't it during that period when Hornswoggle was suppose to be Vince Mcmahon's son? I can't remember.
    That was years before it...
    It was at the great american bash from a few years ago. They held a 15-man battle royale with literally every cruiserweight, and hornswoggle got chased into/out of the ring just as the bell rang (officially making him a participant). When chavo defeated everyone, hornswoggle emerged from beneath the ring/"Tadpole splashed" him for the win. After that, vickie decided to "retire" the belt, in hopes that hornswoggle wouldn't get hurt from defending it in matches.
    Could've done what the Authority has done to Daniel Bryan and screw him out of the belt... or do some bs that have him disqualified

I remember that well was a really low point for a belt already treated with little respect. I think after Vickie took the belt of Hornswoggle it quietly went into retirement a month or two later. I would love to see it back it had some exciting matches and was always a great way to start of a show or pay-per-view. Too bad Vince doesn't like that division much.

So what do you think of Axel as IC champ? He has done ok enough defending it on pay-per-views every month but really didn't help that he was more or less jobber for CM Punk for his feud with Heymen. It would of been so much better if he picked up a couple of wins over punk and maybe had a title defense against him or keep him completely away from that feud altogether and have him do his own thing. I hope this is a turning point for him. He has the skill he just needs a proper chance.

Axel is good in the ring but that's like the bare minimum... He's just got nothing else to offer. It might sound harsh to some but it's true; Giving him wins over Punk means nothing if the audience is turning the channel on him regardless. Considering that they've basically handed him a title on a silver platter along with Heyman it's hard to see him doing any better by himself. Even his name and theme leave a lot to be desired. Although his finisher is pretty cool.

Page 236 of 298 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast