Page 239 of 300 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 7498

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    The problem with WWE right now is they have a TON of guys who are GREAT wrestlers, but AWFUL promos. The average talent level is probably as high now as it's ever been, but the characters are just so meh. Del Rio, Cesaro, and Ambrose all spring to mind immediately. Ziggler is a little better, but he's an adequate promo at best; ditto Cody Rhodes.
    I know many people wouldn't agree on Ambrose, but I do actually. I think he's great at being A character, but I feel he's kind of a one trick pony and if he ever had to play a character too different from his own personality, he would fail.

On a sidenote, are wrestlers turning their opponent for their finishing move towards the main camera annoying the hell out of anyone else? Finishers occur at the absolute peak of the momentum of a match, and it completely takes me out of it when some awkward movement happens before it.
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 15th November 2013 at 12:51 AM.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    On a sidenote, are wrestlers turning their opponent for their finishing move towards the main camera annoying the hell out of anyone else? Finishers occur at the absolute peak of the momentum of a match, and it completely takes me out of it when some awkward movement happens before it.
    This. It feels so stage, more so because we know why it's happening. The need to rework the camera layout.

It's such a shame too, Del Rio isn't even that bad of a promo cutter, especially when I believe english was not his first language. They just have made no strides to EVOLVE his character(or anyone else nowadays) since his first three weeks of being in WWE. Not to mention he's an amazing wrestler. There's just something cool about guys like Alberto and Mysterio/chavo who have been wrestling since like 4 years old, they can perform stuff like 2nd rope moonsaults as easy as breathing.
    I think the problem is they can only give him so much seeing as how they're about as creative as sliced bread backstage. I am still dumbfounded that they actually have an entire "Creative Team" when almost everyone on the roster acts like a one dimensional piece of cardboard reading off a script that was written 2 minutes before the show started. But I agree Del Rio's not bad at all, he just says nothing that isnt instantly forgettable, and if anyone is to blame its WWE.

I've never noticed that. I think I'll look a little closer next time. The only annoying camera trick I've noticed is when Cena is doing the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    I've never noticed that. I think I'll look a little closer next time. The only annoying camera trick I've noticed is when Cena is doing the Five Knuckle Shuffle.
    As of late, Cody Rhodes and Goldust's "Cross Rhodes" are the main culprit. You can see it quite clearly in both of their matches against orton for cody's career. That said, both of those guys are pros at hiding it. Its extremely noticeable in the NXT breed guys who literally only know how to wrestle in the WWE format.

As of late, Cody Rhodes and Goldust's "Cross Rhodes" are the main culprit. You can see it quite clearly in both of their matches against orton for cody's career. That said, both of those guys are pros at hiding it. Its extremely noticeable in the NXT breed guys who literally only know how to wrestle in the WWE format.
    Speaking of ryback, am I the only one annoyed with the way he's been "booked" as of late? He has a crappy match against punk at hell in a cell, and is apparently now turning face in which I can only assume is a feud with lesnar, leaving Curtis Axel to basically defend the IC title with absolutely no "height" over other competition. Ryback is a two trick pony, whose only tricks are beating up guys noone's heard of and breathing heavily at inappropriate times. If there was ever anything that needed to be fixed (besides the whole "authority" thing), it'd be this.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

It's all camera angle and the such. I mean it's been noticeable in WWE for the last few years to be honest. They always have their guys face the main part of the camera/do a specific close up on their main guys when they are using their main moves. Such as Cena's AA/STF, Punk's GTS, The Cross Rhodes, and all the like. It's almost always in the center of the ring facing the same part of the crowd every time. Pretty sure Ambrose and Axel have more or less been told to do this too with their headlock driver DDT's. Its something that a lot of guy's whose finishers involve being picked up or hitting a certain angle for the crowd really has annoyed me as they turn to face the crowd and that one camera angle. Would look a lot more realistic if they just had their multiple camera angles like they regularly do during the match. Makes the high point to the match really, really predictable when it's about to end.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

I'm cringing just at the idea of Ryback vs Lesnar... Ugh. They might as well have Yoshi Tatsu face off against Brock. Atleast we would get to here his awesome music and he's a lot more entertaining to watch.

Come to think of it they could atleast use Tatsu or Barrett for some kind of feud with the Real Americans. I still like hearing Colter and his racist remarks. His rant on monday in England was great and the crowd seemed to really be into it.

I don't think a Ryback vs. Brock Lesnar match is a very good idea at this point. Ryback hasn't won a PPV match in forever, and Brock Lesnar has recently beaten Triple H and CM Punk. I think it's safe to say if this match took place it's obvious Brock would win. Not only that, but this match would most likely be a snooze fest.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 16th November 2013 at 6:42 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I'm not super excited about Raw Is Rednecks tonight. A really good MNF matchup will spare me from having to watch more than a few minutes of it.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Well, we got 2 new matches for survivor series:

Goldust, cody rhodes, the usos, and ??? vs the shield, antonio cesaro, and jack swagger: unless the 5th person on the "Face" team is sami zayn, I fully expect it to be the most boring match on the card. The rhodes haven't defended against ANYONE since acquiring their championships, and everyone bar cesaro have seen horrible booking as of late. Whoever joins the face team will get a big boost, everyone else will basically remain the same.

Natalya, funkadactyls, bellas, jojo, and eva marie vs aksana, alicia fox, aj lee, tamina, kaitlyn, rosa mendes, and summer rae : nice to see they're mixing things up with a divas survivor series elimination match, the fact they bothered including jojo/eva marie concerns me though. Jojo and eva marie have no experience in the ring, yet they're being offered a PPV match? Bah. unless aj eliminates 7 divas I'll be bored to death.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D

I've heard Rey Mysterio has returned and now he's finally back after almost a year. He seems to be in good shape as well, hopefully he stays for at least 3 more years
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I lol'd at "Raw is Rednecks"

The main event was good tonight. atleast the last ten minutes or so since that's the only part of the show I watched. Oh, and I did tune in to see Ryback quickly get squashed. Thankfully it doesn't look like we are going to have to sit through another big Ryback push anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Natalya, funkadactyls, bellas, jojo, and eva marie vs aksana, alicia fox, aj lee, tamina, kaitlyn, rosa mendes, and summer rae
    so it's a match featuring the divas who have gained popularity and extra cash from a reality show vs the divas who regret not signing up. nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I've heard Rey Mysterio has returned and now he's finally back after almost a year. He seems to be in good shape as well, hopefully he stays for at least 3 more years
    I honestly thought he secretly retired or something. I hate to say it, but I'm really skeptical about Rey returning; his last few months competing were practically a joke compared to the height of his career, and it was obvious that he put on weight (but you're implying that he lost it so I'll just take your word for it). With that said, I initially wouldn't have missed him, but WWE has failed to find a replacement luchador *cough cough* Sin Cara is a fail *cough cough* so I guess we still need him.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

So with Rey back it seems he is the 5th man to the Rhodes/Uso vs. Shield/Real Americans match. I must say I am thoroughly disappointed. I am really disapponted that it won't be Sami Zayn, especially with the matches he and Cesaro have had on NXT. I know Rey is name value, but this would have been the match to debut a new guy from NXT, and no one else fits that bill better than Lord Generico. At least we got a Xavier Woods sighting with R-Truth, another tag to the division.

I did enjoy the chants that Maddox got in his "match" against Randy. How funny would it have been to see Orton get knocked off by a "wannabe" wrestler and just have him explode on the guy after the match like he did. The 6v6 main event, man that should have been the traditional match for this Sunday, but oh well maybe WWE just wants to not do good business. At least Ziggler/Sandow had a fun match, despite the fact they aren't doing anything on Sunday, another impromptu match perhaps?

Anyway, really musical chairs to set up a 7 on 7 divas match? This also includes Jo-jo, Eva Marie, Aksana, Cameron and Rosa? Please let those 5 be eliminated in the first 2 minutes of the match, then maybe I won't entirely hate it. Maybe WWE will have some consistency and have an AJ/Kaitlyn implosion since they are on the same team...I mean it's been about 2 months or so, that's enough for them to still hate each other right?
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    So with Rey back it seems he is the 5th man to the Rhodes/Uso vs. Shield/Real Americans match. I must say I am thoroughly disappointed. I am really disapponted that it won't be Sami Zayn, especially with the matches he and Cesaro have had on NXT. I know Rey is name value, but this would have been the match to debut a new guy from NXT, and no one else fits that bill better than Lord Generico. At least we got a Xavier Woods sighting with R-Truth, another tag to the division.

I did enjoy the chants that Maddox got in his "match" against Randy. How funny would it have been to see Orton get knocked off by a "wannabe" wrestler and just have him explode on the guy after the match like he did. The 6v6 main event, man that should have been the traditional match for this Sunday, but oh well maybe WWE just wants to not do good business. At least Ziggler/Sandow had a fun match, despite the fact they aren't doing anything on Sunday, another impromptu match perhaps?

Anyway, really musical chairs to set up a 7 on 7 divas match? This also includes Jo-jo, Eva Marie, Aksana, Cameron and Rosa? Please let those 5 be eliminated in the first 2 minutes of the match, then maybe I won't entirely hate it. Maybe WWE will have some consistency and have an AJ/Kaitlyn implosion since they are on the same team...I mean it's been about 2 months or so, that's enough for them to still hate each other right?
    I'd personally love to see a rey mysterio/sami zayn vs real americans match, namely because it'd feature (arguably) the 4 most talented wrestlers in the entire wwe. Also, did anyone else see Xavier Woods' debut? Shame they had to pair him with r-truth, also a shame that cole botched the name of his signature move ("best in the woods", are you kidding me?).

I didn't see all of RAW last night, but I did see the return of Rey Mysterio. I kind of chuckled at Big Show defeating Ryback. Ryback's push is officially over, back to midcard with him. Kaitlyn is coming back and on the same side as AJ Lee's team? Hmm, interesting choice. Is she going heel or will they fight among themselves? I'm actually not very excited for Survivor Series right now. Nothing to exciting going on right now.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Personally RAW's main event should have switched places with the actual Survivor Series matches. The Shield and the Wyatt's teaming up is more interesting then seeing them compete separately.
    Last edited by J Ken; 19th November 2013 at 9:41 PM.

I'm a huge fan of Rey Mysterio, and I seriously marked out lastnight when his music hit lol! Hopefully he can stay healthy.

I also heard Ryback has been getting tons of heat backstage. I guess officials aren't happy with his in ring progress, and apparently Ryback has a lot of ego and attitude problems backstage. I don't know how much of this is true, but after all Ryback did lose to R Truth on last weeks Raw.

Then Ryback lost to Bigshow lastnight via KO punch. Next thing you know Ryback will be getting pinned by Zack Ryder or a local jobber.

I have never been a Ryback fan so i'm really not bothered. I don't hate him I just get bored watching him in the ring.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 19th November 2013 at 9:59 PM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I, conversely, really dislike Rey, and I'm sad to see we aren't done with him.

I'm REALLY surprised no one mentioned Big E. He stole the show in my opinion.

If he plays his cards the way he has been, I see him going on to big things in the company. I see no issue with him floating around the midcard for 1 a year and a half until he wins the money in the bank and gets a major title.

Eh, I was hoping that Big E would have gotten more hype for the match, and more of a chance to shine in some promos prior to the match. The guy is pretty decent and funny on the mic, and it was a big thing for him, but just another random change of the IC title. Nothing big, but he has to show more on the main roster right now (Pls do his 5 count gimmick for a while before he gets his first biggest credible challenger in a month or so is how I'd book it).

Also, I'm one of those guys in-between on Rey. I love the guy as a performer, and for what he has done over the last 20 years basically. But in terms of his current WWE career and where he stands in the shuffle, I just don't think he needs to be around or in the spotlight anymore. He's been in the WWE for 10 years now, and honestly I feel he's taking a spot up now/there to put on a few good matches before he gets injured again.

I went into a mini-rant once on why I dislike Rey, so let me see if I can dig it up...

Oh, okay. This is from a thread where another poster and I were reviewing all the Wrestlemanias. I was doing WM 22, and here's my breakdown of the match and why I don't care for Mysterio:

After this, we get a recap of the World Heavyweight title match feud. Apparently, Kurt Angle won the belt in a battle royal, last eliminating Mark Henry? I don’t recall that, but apparently that was the case because Wikipedia confirms. Rey Mysterio, despite out-and-out losing his Wrestlemania title shot to Randy Orton just gets put back in the match by Teddy Long. If Vickie Guerrero did that for Dolph Ziggler or Edge, the fans would be booing their asses off. But it’s Rey, so they loved it.

---

9) World Heavyweight Title match: Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle ( c )
    -Rey is sung to the ring by some terrible….reggae-core band? That’s the best way I can describe them. Funny story….all the Booyaka Booyaka in Rey’s song? In the actual entrance music version, I used to think it said “Move *****, 619”. Mexicans don’t enunciate very well; it was years before I realized it was just a nonsense word. Rey’s ring entrance makes Undertaker look like an Olympic sprinter so everyone knows who is winning this. After that, I am reminded of how much I loved Randy Orton’s old music; it’s such a shame that somebody I like so little has had two of my favorite entrance songs in recent memory. It’s funny how over Randy has gotten since 2006; the fans don’t react to him half as strongly as they would this year. Kurt Angle has obviously had a change in supplements since his match here; he looks almost minute compared to TNA Kurt.

Oddly, this match sees Kurt’s full-on leg-grapevine Anklelock fail 3 times in the first 6 minutes or so, as he makes both Rey and Randy tap to it, but the other is distracting the ref away from it. On the third try, Rey breaks it up with a splash. So my lifelong belief in the infallibility of the leg-grapevine is SHATTERED. In an absolute absurdity, the match is over in just a hair over 9 minutes, which I don’t get at all. These three are all fairly young and in great shape, and yet they are given nowhere near as much time to work with as they deserve. Rey wins with the 619 and gets the world title he had been working so hard for for years.

And here’s where my problem is. I actually did not used to dislike Rey anywhere near as much as I do now; I mean, he has terrible mic skills and neutered his wrestling style to fit in with WWE, but I never minded him all that much. What killed Rey for me was his title reign: Rey was treated as the Brooklyn Brawler of world champions. He would end up engaging in a feud with JBL, starting a program where JBL would just bring out monster after monster to torment Rey…and they all effortlessly squashed him and beat him clean. Mark Henry, Khali, Kane, and at least one or two others I’m sure I’m forgetting were marched out for matches against Rey that weren’t even competitive. It, in my eyes, completely devalued the World Heavyweight Title as long as it was on Rey’s waist. Sure, Rey successfully fended off JBL himself, but he was shown to be weak and easy to dominate. Even more annoyingly, years later when NOT a world champion, Rey engaged in a feud with Kane where he was quite competitive and won more than he lost, and I’m positive he has since beaten Mark Henry cleanly. So why bother destroying the credibility of the world title by treating its owner like a helpless child back then? I never understood.

And that’s my rant and part of the reason why I hate Rey.
    Hey, I miss these reviews. They were fun to do. I'mma start re-reading these.

I'm REALLY surprised no one mentioned Big E. He stole the show in my opinion.

If he plays his cards the way he has been, I see him going on to big things in the company. I see no issue with him floating around the midcard for 1 a year and a half until he wins the money in the bank and gets a major title.
    Sorry, I didn't see all of RAW so I missed it the other night. I just saw it now. I'm happy for Big E. Langston. To bad this didn't happen when he was part of Team Zigglypuff. Him with the IC belt, Ziggler with the World Heavyweight belt and AJ Lee with the Divas belt would have really given them power. Oh well, good for Big E. Langston. I hope he gets a push as a top midcard guy, have him beat Ryback at a PPV. Not like Ryback matters anymore.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Big E moves crazy fast for a guy his size.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Eh, I was hoping that Big E would have gotten more hype for the match, and more of a chance to shine in some promos prior to the match. The guy is pretty decent and funny on the mic, and it was a big thing for him, but just another random change of the IC title.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. For one thing, it was his first title win in his WWE career, certainly that already is not a meaningless change.

Secondly, no matter who it went to, hell it could have the great khali, the title is no longer in Axel's hands and I know when I pray at thanksgiving that will be what I'm truly grateful for.

Page 239 of 300 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast