Page 240 of 299 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 7457

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

  1. #5976
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I wholeheartedly disagree. For one thing, it was his first title win in his WWE career, certainly that already is not a meaningless change.

    Secondly, no matter who it went to, hell it could have the great khali, the title is no longer in Axel's hands and I know when I pray at thanksgiving that will be what I'm truly grateful for.
    I in no way said it was a meaningless change. I'm glad it was his first major title win, but I said it was a random change. They didn't try to build it with promos, or vignettes or anything. They tried it a few weeks back with Hell In A Cell, but then Axel got injured and all, but just tossed it to the wayside for the last several weeks. We basically got a random IC title match that was supposed to be on a PPV several weeks back, as well as Main Event about 2 or so weeks ago as well, but they didn't do it til now. I'd rather they at least have some build up through hyping it over having a random match on RAW. I mean unless you tuned into RAW how else would we have known the match was happening? They honestly didn't hype it until some point early in the show last night. That's what my problem with their handling of the IC title has been over the last year. No real hype, no real building of the stars that are supposed to hold it.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.



    Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

    Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

  2. #5977
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I in no way said it was a meaningless change. I'm glad it was his first major title win, but I said it was a random change. They didn't try to build it with promos, or vignettes or anything. They tried it a few weeks back with Hell In A Cell, but then Axel got injured and all, but just tossed it to the wayside for the last several weeks. We basically got a random IC title match that was supposed to be on a PPV several weeks back, as well as Main Event about 2 or so weeks ago as well, but they didn't do it til now. I'd rather they at least have some build up through hyping it over having a random match on RAW. I mean unless you tuned into RAW how else would we have known the match was happening? They honestly didn't hype it until some point early in the show last night. That's what my problem with their handling of the IC title has been over the last year. No real hype, no real building of the stars that are supposed to hold it.
    You may not have said it, but I whole-heartedly agree regardless. In the past few weeks, we've seen Big E Langston get beaten by ADR (the former world heavyweight champion), and Randy Orton (the WWE champion). Now he suddenly gets a title because of it? Bah, to me this seems like a temporary hold (sorta like when kofi beat cesaro for the US title a while back, only to lose it to dean ambrose a few weeks later). Big E will probably hold it until the royal rumble, then (using the last few "arcs" as an example) will either lose the championship to Roman Reigns/Bray Wyatt, depending on who they throw into the tag-team championship #1 contender spot next week.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  3. #5978
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I in no way said it was a meaningless change. I'm glad it was his first major title win, but I said it was a random change. They didn't try to build it with promos, or vignettes or anything. They tried it a few weeks back with Hell In A Cell, but then Axel got injured and all, but just tossed it to the wayside for the last several weeks. We basically got a random IC title match that was supposed to be on a PPV several weeks back, as well as Main Event about 2 or so weeks ago as well, but they didn't do it til now. I'd rather they at least have some build up through hyping it over having a random match on RAW. I mean unless you tuned into RAW how else would we have known the match was happening? They honestly didn't hype it until some point early in the show last night. That's what my problem with their handling of the IC title has been over the last year. No real hype, no real building of the stars that are supposed to hold it.
    What exactly is different about this situation than any other title? I didn't feel the need to include any of this in my statement because it's a forgone conclusion.

    No U.S. , Divas, or Intercontinental match get's any hype, so what does that have to do with what I'm talking about?


    I don't know about you, but if a match has a clear face and clear heel, that's all the buildup you need(well, plus the whole month of beef between langston and Heymans crew that you disregarded simply because the match took place later). The match's reaction was the biggest of the night minus the main-event as well, so I know I'm not wrong in this regard.
    ----------------------------------

  4. #5979
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    What exactly is different about this situation than any other title? I didn't feel the need to include any of this in my statement because it's a forgone conclusion.

    No U.S. , Divas, or Intercontinental match get's any hype, so what does that have to do with what I'm talking about?


    I don't know about you, but if a match has a clear face and clear heel, that's all the buildup you need(well, plus the whole month of beef between langston and Heymans crew that you disregarded simply because the match took place later). The match's reaction was the biggest of the night minus the main-event as well, so I know I'm not wrong in this regard.
    Apologies, but the bolded part made me laugh histarically. In the entire night, we saw (to summarize) vickie guererro (a non-wrestler) face aj, brad maddox (a non-wrestler) face randy orton, a 7-diva musical chairs competition (not wrestling), dolph ziggler vs damien sandow (in what was essentially a dumbed-down street fight), Big E Langston vs Curtis Axel (after we saw both of them get beat horribly over the last few weeks), John Cena confront ADR (not wrestling), and a 12-man tag match that basically saw everyone's favourite superstars fight eachother (wyatts, rhodes family, punk, bryan, shield). The crowd's reaction to this match isn't exactly important, seeing as out of all the things that happened on raw, there were only two pseudo-ly-important matches to come out of it. I don't know about you, but I'd rather see actual build up for matches rather than this "random heel vs random face" crap they keep doing with their mid-carders. If they could build up every title the way they did with daniel bryan and cena for summerslam, then I'd be more thoroughly enjoyed. Until then, NXT remains the only source of legitimately entertaining wrestling on TV.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  5. #5980
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610

    Default

    I couldn't have really said that better myself. Next to Big E vs. Axle and the main event, the only match that warranted any reaction was Dolph vs. Sandow in a randomly made match during the night, with nice Double J tribute by Dolph (Don't all blonde guys seemingly share the same traits or something?), yeah I can see why Big E's match got such a reaction. AJ/Vickie + Randy/Maddox were dead give-aways to what would happen, I wouldn't care either. Miz/Kofi vs the real americans with random Miz heel turn with no build (who cares if there's no reason behind this?). 3MB jobbing against Truth and a debuting Xavier Woods, and Ryback/Big Show, yeah not a whole lot for them to cheer for. And between the "Broadway Brawl" and the IC match, Big E is the only guy that hasn't been shafted by horrible booking yet, so that probably gave people hope.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.



    Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

    Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

  6. #5981
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    You guys actually want some kind of build involving Curtis Axel? The Intercontinental Title would have been better advertised vacated then with Axel. I think what we got was good considering the circumstances. When your "champion" is less of a draw then the snack vendors it's probably best just to give the other guy the belt right away.

  7. #5982
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather see actual build up for matches rather than this "random heel vs random face" crap they keep doing with their mid-carders. If they could build up every title the way they did with daniel bryan and cena for summerslam, then I'd be more thoroughly enjoyed. Until then, NXT remains the only source of legitimately entertaining wrestling on TV.
    Again, if I could reiterate it for the 13th time,

    I in no way am saying I wouldn't want any kind of build up, but I fail to get where you're guy's expectations are coming from. Compared to the buildup of a midcard match 10 years ago, it's terrible. Compared to the buildup of a midcard match in the past few YEARS, it's decent.

    I am truly sorry for anyone who goes out of there way to watch and criticize wrestling currently. For me, it's something I have on while I do homework, just in case....something....hell anything, happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    You guys actually want some kind of build involving Curtis Axel? The Intercontinental Title would have been better advertised vacated then with Axel. I think what we got was good considering the circumstances. When your "champion" is less of a draw then the snack vendors it's probably best just to give the other guy the belt right away.
    Indeed. And while I personally thought the match was good, it wasn't event my main reason for excitement. It's just that, that axel no longer has the title.(and I do not wish to rip-apart any wrestler, I hope axel improves, but he just doesn't need it right now)
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 21st November 2013 at 8:21 PM.
    ----------------------------------

  8. #5983
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I am truly sorry for anyone who goes out of there way to watch and criticize wrestling currently. For me, it's something I have on while I do homework, just in case....something....hell anything, happens.
    It wouldn't be so bad if they had better priorities and actually focused on the show for once. I have a hard time suspending disbelief when I'm told every two minutes what is happening on Twitter and how to download the WWE App among all their other ads. Between the 45 minutes of Commercials, on-screen ads, Recaps, video packages and other nonsense there's probably only an hour and a half of content every week...

  9. #5984
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if they had better priorities and actually focused on the show for once. I have a hard time suspending disbelief when I'm told every two minutes what is happening on Twitter and how to download the WWE App among all their other ads. Between the 45 minutes of Commercials, on-screen ads, Recaps, video packages and other nonsense there's probably only an hour and a half of content every week...
    I myself am just dumbstruck on how little story they have in feuds. I mean, I know those of us who still watch have grown some kind of immunity to it, but if you told me 6 years ago that 3/4 of the roster would not have a gimmick and that 3/4 of feuds would not have a story, I'd be flabbergasted.(sp?)

    Even then, at least for shows like superstars a few years ago, wrestlers like morrison/mysterio/kane/etc. could tell an awesome story through an awesome match, but now that WWE has essentially put the kibosh on any non-formulaic wrestling, it's just a complete and utter waste of a show.[/RANT]
    ----------------------------------

  10. #5985
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,758

    Default

    Is Survivor Series tonight? I kinda lost track of what's been going on in the past RAW and Smackdown. I think I'm going to take a little WWE break for awhile.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  11. #5986
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I myself am just dumbstruck on how little story they have in feuds. I mean, I know those of us who still watch have grown some kind of immunity to it, but if you told me 6 years ago that 3/4 of the roster would not have a gimmick and that 3/4 of feuds would not have a story, I'd be flabbergasted.(sp?)

    Even then, at least for shows like superstars a few years ago, wrestlers like morrison/mysterio/kane/etc. could tell an awesome story through an awesome match, but now that WWE has essentially put the kibosh on any non-formulaic wrestling, it's just a complete and utter waste of a show.[/RANT]
    for me the show became less interesting after Eddie died it felt like they gave up on having long storylines just in case something terrible happens again to a wrestler

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  12. #5987
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Survivor Series and I'm not hyped in the slightest.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

  13. #5988
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    The card really doesn't look like its worth paying $50 to see. I mean John Cena vs Del Rio 20 and Randy Orton vs Big Show, no thanks.

    Not even the Wyatts and the Shield's matches seem like they will be all that interesting.

  14. #5989
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    994

    Default

    They put this pay-per-view on the worst possible day. Grey cup is on, as is denver vs new england. With just those two football games, they're probably going to lose roughly half of their north-american viewers.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  15. #5990
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Not even the Wyatts and the Shield's matches seem like they will be all that interesting.
    That's what happens neither team has anything to lose whatsoever
    ----------------------------------

  16. #5991
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    LOL, so there big serve for the finish is them slotting Cena into the main event again?

    Aside from Henry returning and splitting Ryback's wig I wouldn't be surprised if this year's Survivor Series goes down as the most forgettable in the show's history.

  17. #5992
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Hmmm. They might be hinting at title unification, which would be a great idea.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  18. #5993
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Yeah overall this show was pretty bad. The Wyatts vs Punk/Bryan was actually pretty good. Match of the Night, but not a whole lot of other contenders lol. The first (real) traditional survivor series match, it actually wasn't so bad, but the booking logic of it was so weird I wasn't invested in it. However, Reigns came out of it looking like a beast. When he hit Rey with that last spear (he f'ing broke him in half), that got a pop from me and the crowd. But really, Ambrose was out in like 3 minutes, then Swagger and Cesaro when they were doing some domination in the ring. It made me hate Rey even more now. Also, I love Zeb on the mic, the guy understands trying to get under others skin while being funny, I mean he fricken twerked to make a damn point. Rest of the night was boring outside Mark Henry/Ryback and the random BIG JOHNNY PEOPLE POWER sighting, but Big E and Axel actually had a real good match too. Remember, PEOPLE POWER!

    Minor Edit: Also, for whatever reason there was 15 minutes leftover on the PPV that didn't get used lol. Show ended for me at 15 before 10 PM and that's just poor use of 15 non used minutes. That could have gone to keeping Ambrose/Cesaro/Swagger in the first match longer and giving them more of a shine.
    Last edited by celestial phantom; 25th November 2013 at 5:33 PM.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.



    Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

    Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

  19. #5994
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    I bet Sin Cara was supposed to return in those 15 minutes but ended up botching that as well.

  20. #5995
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote of the night came from Jerry Lawler during the rematch of the 7 v 7 divas survivor series match. Nikki Bella has Summer Rae in a wrack, Jerry says "Wow, that's the greatest wrack I've ever seen.". Gold Jerry, gold!
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  21. #5996
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Quote of the night came from Jerry Lawler during the rematch of the 7 v 7 divas survivor series match. Nikki Bella has Summer Rae in a wrack, Jerry says "Wow, that's the greatest wrack I've ever seen.". Gold Jerry, gold!
    People say king sucks on commentary, but comments like these have kept him a favorite for me all these years. My favorite is still, in reference to 3MB's formation, "I was in a band called origami once, but that folded!". Just so stupid it's funny.


    Anyways, on the topic of Raw. Now I don't expect much from the company that did "once in a lifetime" twice, weren't Orton and Cena in some kind of...oh I don't know...like a legendary 5 month feud with the stipulation of the final match being that they'd never face each other again?(for a title)
    ----------------------------------

  22. #5997
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    People say king sucks on commentary, but comments like these have kept him a favorite for me all these years. My favorite is still, in reference to 3MB's formation, "I was in a band called origami once, but that folded!". Just so stupid it's funny.


    Anyways, on the topic of Raw. Now I don't expect much from the company that did "once in a lifetime" twice, weren't Orton and Cena in some kind of...oh I don't know...like a legendary 5 month feud with the stipulation of the final match being that they'd never face each other again?(for a title)
    For me, this whole feud seems like set-up fodder for the "Once in a lifetime, best two out of three" match between rock and cena for the wwe and WH championships. Seeing as Orton and Cena were basically handed their championships (orton via MiTB and cena via a random insertion into the #1 contender spot by vickie guererro), they've basically painted themselves into a corner when it comes to having a #1 contender to the title after TLC (only two "sensible" ones being Lesnar and Rock).

    Quick sidenote: with the two main championships being paired off, am I the only one hoping for more attention being put on the IC/US title?
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  23. #5998
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610

    Default

    I wouldn't mind more attention on both those titles. Am I the only one that was/is hoping this ends up in a unification title tournament? Orton, Cena, Punk, and Bryan. Hell make it an 8 man if they want with Ziggler, Sandow, Del Rio, and Big Show in it.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.



    Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

    Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

  24. #5999
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Up and down and all around
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    RAW tonight felt like it took like 40 hours. I mean, wow, it felt like they were going out of theit way to have lots of boring, rematch-heavy stuff tonight. Xavier/Slater was like the only match that wasn't a rematch in some way. It also probably doesn't help that not only do we have Cena and Orton feuding again, but they also had to get a guest host. Because 2009 RAW was oh so good, right?

    Also, I'll laugh if the match at TLC ends up with Cena and Orton grabbing each other's belts somehow just for the sake of dragging things until Mania or something.

  25. #6000
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I wouldn't mind more attention on both those titles. Am I the only one that was/is hoping this ends up in a unification title tournament? Orton, Cena, Punk, and Bryan. Hell make it an 8 man if they want with Ziggler, Sandow, Del Rio, and Big Show in it.
    i love the idea of the first four guys you said. at least include bryan, and this is coming from a punk fan. they really cheated him out of his reign. i feel like they used the 10 seconds he was champion twice just to get fans tuned into the show but had no actual intention to give him a reign. also, maybe if this were 2007-09, cena vs. orton would make sense (in what I was led to believe was a unification match) but leaving out people like bryan and punk, who have been red hot more recently then the champions, isn't the smartest business move imo

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

Page 240 of 299 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •