Page 241 of 299 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 7454

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

I was just thinking Vengeance 2001 ala Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin and Chris Jericho vs Rock where we end up with Steve Austin vs Jericho where Jericho got the surprising upset over the 2 biggest guys the company had during that time. Heck if it were me, I'd go Punk/Orton with Orton winning and Bryan/Cena with Bryan winning, then have Bryan triumph over Orton. Have that teaser that Punk vs. Bryan for the biggest title could happen, save it for one of the biggest PPV, but then again that's too logical, so WWE would never do it.

I added in the others just to stretch it for a few weeks leading to a PPV. Also it gives them something to do and let's them stay somewhat relevant.

Punk/Orton - Punk Wins
    Cena/Sandow - Cena Wins
    ADR/Daniel Bryan - Bryan wins
    Dolph/Big Show - Dolph wins in some way

Dolph/Cena and Punk/Bryan, Punk/Bryan ends with some weird close shenanigans with respect that sets the seeds for a future title match down the road if the other wins the big one. Dolph can beat Cena because hell, I'd rather see him in the finals as a surprise upset ala Jericho did. Bryan can go on to win, enter mania season. Remove Big Show and replace him with like Cesaro or something if they wanna give a guy a single's push, and restructure the pairings a bit. I mean let's face it, beyond ADR and Orton none of the heels (Shield or Wyats) they have are ready for a World Title nor a spot in this tournament without it potentially hurting their momentum.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

AJ getting pinned clean again by team cardboard cutout makes zero sense. So far Total Divas has launched nobody and isn't impressing anyone in the ratings department either... Enough with the pointless hype already.

Other than that load of BS Raw was actually pretty decent. Oh and were my eyes deceiving me or did Xavier use the Eat Defeat to finish his match?

It's very easy to see how that match between John Cena and Randy Orton will end up.

No one will have both belts by the end of this match, some how, some way both John Cena and Randy Orton will each grab one belt at the very same time. I'm willing to guess Randy Orton will end up taking down the World Heavyweight Championship and John Cena will pull down WWE title.

I think this is all a way for WWE to get the WWE title back on John Cena honestly.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 26th November 2013 at 9:45 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    AJ getting pinned clean again by team cardboard cutout makes zero sense. So far Total Divas has launched nobody and isn't impressing anyone in the ratings department either... Enough with the pointless hype already.
    I agree that AJ shouldn't be getting pinned repeatedly if the writers wanna make it look like she's capable of actually defending her title. Really, the only incorrect thing about your statement is the ratings of their show, which I took the initiative in showing via a couple of short articles:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...pisode-11-on-e

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...2-by-e/218000/

And a couple of quotes from the second one:

“Total Divas” is E!’s strongest new original series in 2013 among total viewers (1.4 million) and nearly all key demos.
    Season one, which currently ranks as cable’s #1 reality series in its Sunday time slot with P18-34 and W18-34, follows the private and often complicated lives of some of WWE’s most popular Divas
    So as pointless and boring as the divas are in the ring and backstage, they've definitely found success in reality television.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Other than that load of BS Raw was actually pretty decent. Oh and were my eyes deceiving me or did Xavier use the Eat Defeat to finish his match?
    A) Agreed, I hate the total divas show, and find it a complete waste of time. I can understand kayfabe being broken all these years with inside knowledge of the business now, but that is just ridiculous.

B) Yeah, I hate soa opera writers for creative, obviously they must be loving the diva reality show, and give no care about the actual wrestling product like we all know they don't.

C) Yes, that is Xavier Woods finisher, he's been using it in NXT since his debut there as Xavier Woods I believe. I kind of want to see him "Hulk up" at some point during a match if he gets beat down for whatever reason, and just shout IT'S OVER 9000 now knowing that's what is on his trunks. Or get like Punk on commentary to say it just once, guy is basically a meme himself on the internet, so from one meme to another.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

What I said still stands. Those ratings aren't impressing anyone except deluded WWE and the E! network which will take whatever POS idea it can get. (ex. What Would Ryan Lochte Do?) Raw at it's worst day pulls around double the viewers what Total Divas does on it's best day. and Raw isn't exactly amazing ratings-wise either. If Total Divas were on a major network I doubt it would last very long before receiving the Axe. Not to mention, most of their regular viewers are probably the same people who watch Raw every week.

Don't buy into the WWE hype machine. The most this show has done is help to destroy kayfabe and give people more of a reason to dislike the "Stars" (who are supposed to be faces, fantastic job there management)

What I said still stands. Those ratings aren't impressing anyone except deluded WWE and the E! network which will take whatever POS idea it can get. (ex. What Would Ryan Lochte Do?)
    I agree that lots of their shows don't last long, and they seem to fund the weirdest ideas for shows. But some of those ideas work for the network, e.g. Kardashians and, recently, Total Divas

Raw at it's worst day pulls around double the viewers what Total Divas does on it's best day. and Raw isn't exactly amazing ratings-wise either.
    okay, but you can't compare a reality show to what's supposed to be a sports/entertainment show. besides, with all the reruns the E! network does, it's not as mandatory to watch the episode when it's new, as opposed to watching RAW, so that could be another reason. Nonetheless, E! has a quota, if you say, of viewers that's different from WWE, which they've been apparently meeting.

If Total Divas were on a major network I doubt it would last very long before receiving the Axe.
    But it's on E!, which is a network that specializes in crazy, random reality shows. Not to mention that it's a stronger network than it's competitors (Bravo, Style, etc). Of course it wouldn't survive on a major network; it wasn't made for those purposes.

Not to mention, most of their regular viewers are probably the same people who watch Raw every week.
    I was under the impression that the show targets female viewers more than anything, but I guess I could be underestimating the amount of viewers who are also WWE fans.

Don't buy into the WWE hype machine. The most this show has done is help to destroy kayfabe and give people more of a reason to dislike the "Stars" (who are supposed to be faces, fantastic job there management)
    It's definitely easy to argue that the reality show isn't helping WWE, but what it is definitely doing is creating exposure for these women and giving them some extra green in their pockets. As you already know, a Diva's career in WWE is short-lived compared to a male, and many of them pursue things after WWE, which could be done more easily if they use E! as a launching pad. From a WWE perspective, the show is horrible for "destroying kayfabe," but from the women's perspective and financial perspective, I think it's helping. And at the end of the day, we're talking about a reality show in a WWE thread, which might be the silliest point of them all (though I wonder what the discussions here were like for Tough Enough).
    Last edited by flamebeam; 27th November 2013 at 3:37 PM.

Credit to Brutaka

So I hear they are finally unifying the belts. About time. I'm not surprised that it's John Cena and Randy Orton in this match to crown a new Undisputed Champion. I wonder who will it be? Hmm. I finally got to see some of RAW. I was puzzled by the Shield attacking CM Punk while the Wyatts took Daniel Bryan away. So was this to separate them now? I didn't care either way because I just don't give a **** about the Shield. I just stopped caring. If I see one more Triple Powerbomb I will scream. I can't wait for these guys to break up, and do singles and get some new entrance music. The Shield's music has got to be among my least favorite entrance music, it is beyond generic for a heel faction group, compared to groups like NWO, Nexus, Wyatt Family and stuff.

I wonder if Dolph Ziggler and Damien Sandow will ever get back in the title picture. That is what I was thinking when I saw these two in action. The Divas all had this elimination battle match, and I could have sworn that was one of the Survivor Series matches. I couldn't tell who was suppose to be the heels, because AJ Lee who's suppose to be this crazy heel got more of a reaction then any of the Total Divas. Oh well. Happy to see Mark Henry back and teaming with Big E. Langston nice.

One last thing, did Da Funkasaurus lose his theme song and his Funkadactyls? Well I guess they have to use his theme song and Cameron and Naomi somehow if Brodus Clay's not going to appear anytime soon or anymore. Really it's Earnest the Cat Millers theme but who's going to remember? Somebody better call Brodus Clay's momma and tell him his gimmick got stolen.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

For me, WWE "lost its shine" the moment it started doing those self-promoting things in the middle of their shows (not the whole wweshop thing in which a random jobber advertises their merchandise, but the little "factoid" clips that state how much better they apparently are than other forms of entertainment). People/corporations that have talent don't need to brag about having said talent, much the same way wwe shouldn't brag about this. Yes, they "might" be doing better than some NFL football games (according to sites that, from what I've seen, have been either willing to accept $ or have been owned by wwe) and yes, they "might" have more twitter followers (because as we all know, twitter is a reliable way to judge who is considered "popular" nowadays), but does anyone really care? In the end, this just made WWE look like self-promoting dicks who couldn't care less about their actual fanbase so long as they watch their shows. Get rid of these advertisements, get rid of these wwe shop promos, and for god sakes get rid of Triple H. The guy went from being the Chief of Sledgehammers and Orange Jello Legs to the most boring douche on television (which is ironic, with "total divas" taking over jersey shore's timeslot).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

It's hardly creating exposure for them compared to being featured on Raw. That was the whole point of bringing up the ratings difference. Again I fall back on the fact that the show has launched no one and has done an excellent job at destroying kayfabe. The entire idea behind Total Divas is desperate, pathetic and has done nothing to help the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    For me, WWE "lost its shine" the moment it started doing those self-promoting things in the middle of their shows (not the whole wweshop thing in which a random jobber advertises their merchandise, but the little "factoid" clips that state how much better they apparently are than other forms of entertainment). People/corporations that have talent don't need to brag about having said talent, much the same way wwe shouldn't brag about this. Yes, they "might" be doing better than some NFL football games (according to sites that, from what I've seen, have been either willing to accept $ or have been owned by wwe) and yes, they "might" have more twitter followers (because as we all know, twitter is a reliable way to judge who is considered "popular" nowadays), but does anyone really care? In the end, this just made WWE look like self-promoting dicks who couldn't care less about their actual fanbase so long as they watch their shows. Get rid of these advertisements, get rid of these wwe shop promos, and for god sakes get rid of Triple H. The guy went from being the Chief of Sledgehammers and Orange Jello Legs to the most boring douche on television (which is ironic, with "total divas" taking over jersey shore's timeslot).
    I hate those "factoids" too. Especially since they word them to make their achievements seem bigger then they actually are. (like Raw being the longest running episodic TV show, which is complete crap) nothing says thanks for watching like tricking your audience into thinking you actually hold some kind of legitimate record/milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    So I hear they are finally unifying the belts. About time. I'm not surprised that it's John Cena and Randy Orton in this match to crown a new Undisputed Champion. I wonder who will it be? Hmm. I finally got to see some of RAW. I was puzzled by the Shield attacking CM Punk while the Wyatts took Daniel Bryan away. So was this to separate them now? I didn't care either way because I just don't give a **** about the Shield. I just stopped caring. If I see one more Triple Powerbomb I will scream. I can't wait for these guys to break up, and do singles and get some new entrance music. The Shield's music has got to be among my least favorite entrance music, it is beyond generic for a heel faction group, compared to groups like NWO, Nexus, Wyatt Family and stuff.
    If I recall correctly the match is for both belts, not for the Undisputed Championship. Either way WWE has given us little reason to care.

I still like the Shield, they've just been pretty directionless as of late...

Edit: Look's like you need to start believing in them again:

Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 28th November 2013 at 3:01 AM.

They really need to get a kick in the rear for their creative. In a recent interview/segment like thing, Trips mentions that he wants only one champion so I'm not sure if that TLC match will honestly be a unification match, but it seems like it's implied that will be the plan at least here or down the line. If they do a frickin title switch at TLC, I'm gonna be so annoyed with that style of finish. If they do a unification thing, then they need to stop all the consecutive rematches on PPVs for the titles.

I was reading an online dirt sheet columnist's column about PPV main event matches from mid 90s to early 2000s compared to the last 4-ish years; I'll leave a link here for visual effects if you guys wanna see it, here. I know back then PPVs were basically differing matches between the top 4-6 stars between each PPV, but there was a fair variety to what headlined the show, and what was the main storyline heading into each one. Over the last 5 years, by damn is there just 4-5 rematches in a row. I wonder if WWE realizes that's part of why their PPV sales and stuff get pirated or people don't wanna buy them. No one wants to see the same thing 5 times in a row when after once or twice it's mundane.

If they do a unification match, then seriously let them have feuds between top guys. Where the winner of one feud can move on to the title after another gets a match or two, then switch it up with another wrestler.
    Last edited by celestial phantom; 28th November 2013 at 6:11 AM.

As much as I love WWE, IT FREAKIN' SUCKS AT THE MOMENT!
    Survivor Series is officially dead after watching this past week's pay-per-view...waste of time
    and this week's RAW sucked as well to be honest. Cena vs. Orton at TLC has the potential of being either boring or awesome knowing their feud during 2009.
    BUT I WOULD RATHER SEE DANIEL BRYAN ON THE MAIN EVENT! Creative, PLEASE STOP PUSHING GUYS THAT DON'T NEED TO BE PUSHED ANYMORE! We need young and fresh stars that need to be built-up well...sure it would be great to have legends come back or part-timers do their thing BUT THEY WONT BE THERE FOREVER!

On a side note, THERE IS NO DIVAS DIVISION IN THE WWE...Just that dumb reality show!

Sorry for ranting...just fed up with WWE's BS lately

Well nowadays 90% of this thread has been just ranting for obvious reasons (like pretty much all of what you mentioned above)

and to think we could have had a Sandow vs Cena feud or I don't know, ANYTHING other than putting him right back in the title picture... Instead the MITB winner is stripped of his case for no reason and Cena is handed a title on a silver platter along with an opportunity to win the other top belt. (or become undisputed champion)

If I were Sandow, I'd be ticked off. I remember watching an interview Mark Henry had where he said that WWE told him he was just a midcard guy, and he got pissed and started the whole Hall of Pain gimmick.

Anyone see Smackdown? Da Funkasaurus is turning heel! This could be just what Brodus Clay needs to get a push. But it would mean the end of Da Funkasaurus well it's not like he was getting TV time anyway.

If I recall correctly the match is for both belts, not for the Undisputed Championship. Either way WWE has given us little reason to care.
    Both belts is the Undisputed Championship. I don't care who wins though.

I wish we could get a twist like when Chris Jericho beat both Stone Cold and Rock to win the belts.

They haven't made any mention anywhere or promoted the match as a unification match though. Just whoever wins gets both belts...

Well, wwe just sunk to a new low. Not only are they "letting" the wwe audience vote on the stupid nickname for whoever wins between cena and orton, but they also re-introduced wade barrett as a boring side-show who apparently has nothing better to do than spout random things in a cockney accent. "Bad News Barrett: we called him that because the nickname 'this guy had one shot, blew it, and we continue to randomly push his jack swagger like a** along anyways barrett' couldn't fit on the damned podium!"
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

I'm glad Wade Barret actually got on TV tonight. I'm disappointed that WWE never made him into a big star after the whole Nexus thing. We did get to massive handicap matches for TLC. CM Punk vs the entire Shield and Daniel Bryan vs the entire Wyatt Family. Let me just say I loved Bray Wyatt's promo to Daniel Bryan. It was so good. I'm pretty sure the Shield will defeat CM Punk, I don't see Punk winning. But I don't think they'd have both Bryan and Punk lose would they? Anyway we also got Damien Sandow beating Dolph Ziggler to be the number one contender for Langston's IC belt. I guess midcard is where Sandow's going to be stuck in for awhile.

There was a diva's match and the only thing interesting about it was AJ Lee skipping around the ring nearly the entire match and even after losing she continues her crazy little skip. Really it's all I remember from that match. Sin Cara came back and defeated Alberto Del Rio. I was actually shocked by that. I didn't expect to see Sin Cara back in WWE to be honest for some reason. Da Funkasaurus continues his heel turn and everyone better watch out when Da Funkasaurus becomes a force in WWE. Mark Henry defeated Fandango, and the Real Americans beat the Prime Time Players. Neither were bad matches for me.

Miz and Kofi teamed up to battle Ryback and Curtis Axel who have just become a Tag Team, I suppose. Is Miz heel or not? I don't think WWE even know. The John Cena vs Randy Orton stuff was kinda boring for me, but I did enjoy the WWE showing all the history between the two. That was nice. And the fans want it to be called the Unified WWE Championship I believe. I wonder if they'll get a new belt for the Unified title? Overall RAW was more bearable then the last couple of shows.

It should be called the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

thats boss

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It should be called the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

thats boss
    I agree. "Unified" sounds dumb for the official name it's gonna have for X amount of years. I kinda wish they would name it themselves. Isn't the point of WWE Creative to... be creative?

Credit to Brutaka

So much for the abduction angle. Let's just have Daniel Bryan magically reappear unscathed after having milk and cookies with the Wyatts. No need to worry about the whole Big Show angle either, he'll be back healthy as a horse next week while the announcers continue to act like clueless lemmings. Oh and I forgot Miz has a forgettable movie coming out so we better turn him back to a face.

How about you let us vote on if Vince should step down and fire the writers who are supposed to give us actual consistent storylines...

Start the year with a brand new WWE title, end the year with a possible new unified title. That would be really brilliant on WWE's part to do and so like them to do that.

I have to say Raw was pretty boring overall, since well creative obviously doesn't know what they are doing. I mean they have Miz/Kofi fight, without ever defining who is acting like the face, and who is acting like the heel, and then they just randomly team up because...well why the heck not???

Also, Sin Cara (our cool buddy Hunico I assume played him), got a win over Alberto....wait did I just say Sin Cara managed a win over Del Rio??? We are living in our regular universe and not a parallel one right? I mean this is the company that pushes for Del Rio to have a title match for the WHC at every single PPV. Does that mean Sin Cara will be facing Cena or Orton at the next one for the world title? I wonder if the logic of #1 contendership exists with Del Rio, if you beat him, you take his spot.

We also had 3 roll up wins...in 3 straight matches, and only 1 of them was a Diva's match, so I'm genuinely confused to this. I can sort of understand Woods beating Clay via roll up, though I'd rather Tons of Funk win again to further a bit of Clay dominance. But, c'mon DB has pinned Cena cleanly. He can pretty much pin anyone in the world cleanly by that regard and they won't look any less threatening than they did entering the match, since they are fighting the man who defeated superman. Hey wait a second...does that make Bryan....the Batman? Barrett...I need your news confirming good or bad on if Daniel Bryan is Batman or not...ASAP!

So much for the abduction angle. Let's just have Daniel Bryan magically reappear unscathed after having milk and cookies with the Wyatts. No need to worry about the whole Big Show angle either, he'll be back healthy as a horse next week while the announcers continue to act like clueless lemmings. Oh and I forgot Miz has a forgettable movie coming out so we better turn him back to a face.

How about you let us vote on if Vince should step down and fire the writers who are supposed to give us actual consistent storylines...

For me, the only "Consistent" one is the daniel bryan/punk thing going on right now. Bray will probably "haunt" Daniel Bryan for a few weeks (would love to see him vs harper, as both are pretty good in the ring), then assuming his match is before punk's we'll see bryan "not appear" for his match only to have him cost Punk a victory while wearing some piece of wyatt clothing (probably a sheep-mask). If they could somehow throw Dolph Ziggler into the mix, we could see possibly the greatest triple-threat match of all time.

So, I don't know if this has already been posted here somewhere, but apparently there's a WWE comic series coming out written by Mick Foley and preview pages were released: http://www.wwe.com/inside/mick-foley...eview-26154994.

Not gonna lie, it honestly looks pretty interesting.

It does look pretty interesting. I just wish I could read it without hearing their voices

Page 241 of 299 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291 ... LastLast