Page 243 of 301 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 7506

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

The problem seems to be Vince and Triple H. Apparently the writers of the show wanted Daniel Bryan to have a solid main event run with the title but Vince vetoed the idea and gave us Show instead because he looks the part. Even if they had the best writers it wouldn't matter because evidently Triple H and Vince know better then them and can just veto anything that isn't completely inside their box.

They give us their ideas of the next big star in the form of Axel, Ryback and Sheamus and then when guys like Bryan and Punk among others who are more popular and talented come along they refuse to go all in with them... (although they mostly did with Punk, he still usually plays second fiddle)

Most of what we got from the best promos and storylines from the last 3 years have all come from not Vince, Triple H or even the Creative team but the actual wrestlers themselves (the Rock vs Cena promos, Punk's Pipebomb, AJ's total divas rant, Mark Henry's Hall of Pain gimmick, etc) so it's especially sad and stupid how little say everyone has now...

I realize I could be talking out of my a** here, but when was the last time someone became a huge star after being hand picked by Vince, Triple H and Co.? I guess it doesn't matter when you have no competition, Superman and a slew of old part timers to fall back on.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 15th December 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Looking back I'm disappointed Mark Henry didn't win the Slammy for double cross of the year. I mean in the Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan match with HBK there, you knew there was going to be some kind of twist from either HBK or Triple H. But Mark Henry faking his retirement to Cena and the WWE crowd and them slamming Cena down like that, that was worthy of two Slammy awards. I was so fooled that night. I know it's a popularity contest.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Looking back I'm disappointed Mark Henry didn't win the Slammy for double cross of the year. I mean in the Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan match with HBK there, you knew there was going to be some kind of twist from either HBK or Triple H. But Mark Henry faking his retirement to Cena and the WWE crowd and them slamming Cena down like that, that was worthy of two Slammy awards. I was so fooled that night. I know it's a popularity contest.
    Agreed. Mark Henry managed to do something rare in this industry: make everyone assume that he's a face, then trick them. He started the night by hugging/talking to a bunch of crying superstars (many of them black for some reason), came out in a Salmon Colored Suit (for god sakes, SALMON), delivered a speech that had everyone in the audience shedding a tear, and then pulled the rug out from everyone's feet with one giant powerslam. Shawn Michaels stood in a ring as a special guest referee, and kicked a guy who we all knew wasn't going to win the championship anyways. In the end though, people will always cater to star-power and cleavage and rarely cater to actual talent (see: bellas winning the diva of the year trophy). I can't wait until next year when John Cena wins this award by having Daniel Bryan eat a cheeseburger, on the false belief that it is a veggie burger.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

I'm a bit surprised by the finish of the TLC main event, but not by much.

Honestly, I would've rather seen Punk vs Bryan for both titles.....

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Man, that PPV was lackluster, though I do enjoy the fact that it had actual "feuds" instead of thrown together matches for no reason beyond the fact that one person beat another in a non-title match and what not. Fatal 4 Way tag was by far match of the night. In terms of matches that made it to the main card, I think the "Main Event" unification match hurt the PPV the most. Every other match had something that while not "great" or anything actually meant something or developed someone or moved a feud one step further. All other matches just fit on the card and delivered as we would have expected them to. However, the spot match that was Cena/Orton was too robotic with spot after spot and no psychology of the match or selling it's "brutality" with a huge botched spot to end it. Normally these guys deliver and can do so well in a normal match, but honestly this might have been their worst match to my memory, and the worst TLC match they've ever had.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

I didn't see the PPV but I heard who won the Undisputed or whatever they call the belt now. But still, I wonder if anyone cared since it wasn't Daniel Bryan and he wasn't in the match. Did anyone really care for Cena vs Orton? It was hard to find anyone hyping this match.

Orton's the worst.

I like how for YEARS, WWE touted Chris Jericho was the first ever Unified Champion--the man who beat The Rock and Steve Austin on the same night. And now they act like those belts have never been unified before.
    Last edited by Sid87; 17th December 2013 at 3:05 AM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Who wants another bra and panties match.

Those were classic.

Quote Originally Posted by gooblah View Post
    Who wants another bra and panties match.

Those were classic.

Yes, nothing screams "classic" like two women fighting in arguably the most sexually-discriminatory match ever created. While we're at it, we should also bring back that guy who wrestled in a dress (I believe his name was "Vito", cousin of FBI member "Nunzio" ).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D

Nothing of RAW this week really interest me too much, other then Damien Sandow vs Mark Henry as Bad Santa vs Good Santa. I have to admit, I did like Sandow as the evil Santa. I know this is going to be uber kid friendly and all but it can't possibly beat last years Christmas were John Cena saved Christmas from Alberto Del Rio right? I don't know. I don't think anyone mentioned Chris Jericho by name last night about how he became the first Undisputed Champion when Randy Orton was going on about his legacy. If they did I must have missed it. Still glad they unified the belts.

Nothing of RAW this week really interest me too much, other then Damien Sandow vs Mark Henry as Bad Santa vs Good Santa. I have to admit, I did like Sandow as the evil Santa. I know this is going to be uber kid friendly and all but it can't possibly beat last years Christmas were John Cena saved Christmas from Alberto Del Rio right? I don't know. I don't think anyone mentioned Chris Jericho by name last night about how he became the first Undisputed Champion when Randy Orton was going on about his legacy. If they did I must have missed it. Still glad they unified the belts.
    Agreed on the sandow thing, watching him do this reminded me heavily of the SNL skit in which John Malkovich reads christmas stories to children ( "Twas the night before christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Now, children, mice tend to live in poverty-stricken areas so if you see one, your parents are probably poor!" ). Also, the snubbing of Jericho as the first Undisputed champion has bugged me for a while. Over the past month, it's all been "oh, cena and orton are the greatest superstars of all time, and will easily be in the record books" and "whoever wins the most important match in wwe history will be the greatest superstar of all time". I'm personally sick of it, and for good reason. Orton is a boring heel champion that offers no remotely interesting aspects (compared to the previous heel wwe champion, cm punk, who had heyman and arguably more talent on the microphone and in ring). Cena, to me, is the definition of someone who could legitimately use a long break from the business to benefit his career (a year or so would be nice). In the past year, we've seen him in dozens of title matches vs the likes of ADR (look at how he's doing), Daniel Bryan (look at how he's doing), and John Cena's twin brother the rock (why exactly was he wwe champion again) with the WWE audience getting bored to oblivion of seeing his exact moves over and over again. People like Punk and Cesaro have benefitted off of breaks in the past, the fact that they continue to push two boring superstars baffles me completely.

What if this is a Jericho-Troll session that sets up a return in the near future by saying that the WWE World Heavyweight Title hasn't been one in over 50 years? Play on the Triple H saying that Jericho was never the guy, but show up on Raw from now to before EC to have at least one match with Orton for the title. He can interrupt a boring Orton promo who would be saying something along the lines that no man has ever been the "Unified Champion" before me....Cue BREAK THE WALLS DOWN. Insert Chris Jericho doing all the usual Jericho mannerisms, Listen here junior etc....You forgot about the man who beat Austin and Rocky in the same night, etc....I AM THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK N ROLLA....AND THE FIRST EVER UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPION...AND YOU'LL NEVER AND I MEAN EEEEEEEEEVER FORGET IT AGAIN. At least until WWE continuity wants to again.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

I am waiting for the day that HBK tries to super kick CM Punk and then gets his head GTS off...
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    What if this is a Jericho-Troll session that sets up a return in the near future by saying that the WWE World Heavyweight Title hasn't been one in over 50 years? Play on the Triple H saying that Jericho was never the guy, but show up on Raw from now to before EC to have at least one match with Orton for the title. He can interrupt a boring Orton promo who would be saying something along the lines that no man has ever been the "Unified Champion" before me....Cue BREAK THE WALLS DOWN. Insert Chris Jericho doing all the usual Jericho mannerisms, Listen here junior etc....You forgot about the man who beat Austin and Rocky in the same night, etc....I AM THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK N ROLLA....AND THE FIRST EVER UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPION...AND YOU'LL NEVER AND I MEAN EEEEEEEEEVER FORGET IT AGAIN. At least until WWE continuity wants to again.
    I remember when Y2J returned back in...was it 2007? Anyway it was during a Randy Orton "passing of the torch" ceremony and he then feuded with Orton for the belt. If Jericho came back now to feud with Orton, I'm 99% positive Jericho would lose. WWE doesn't treat him as a they do the Rock.

Would love to see Y2J vs Orton again since Jericho doesn't need to win anything to look good and losing matches doesn't hurt him..
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

I remember when Y2J returned back in...was it 2007? Anyway it was during a Randy Orton "passing of the torch" ceremony and he then feuded with Orton for the belt. If Jericho came back now to feud with Orton, I'm 99% positive Jericho would lose. WWE doesn't treat him as a they do the Rock.
    To be fair, Jericho's in a rock-and-roll band whereas the Rock stars in amazing box office hits such as "Tooth Fairy", and "Fast and Furious 6". In all seriousness, I would be surprised if they bring back Jericho at all between now and next year's summerslam. Yes, he has been known to make semi-decent heels better (look at his matches with punk and ziggler), but in this case Orton is at the point where it'd be easier to just switch champions rather than pile onto a failed concept. That, and having him return would only make the writing team look like giant idiots for forgetting that he was the first Unified Champion. If anything, they'll have Orton, Cena, and Bryan in a triple-threat at the rumble, have one of them lose (most likely cena/orton), then have that person win the royal rumble (most likely cena because let's face it, the only "believable" storyline he can pull off is one that makes him seem disadvantaged despite being a millionaire with giant biceps). That's what I think is going to happen though, not what I want to happen. What I want to happen is Lesnar winning the rumble, and somehow having him and the undertaker in a triple threat with cm punk for the title. Then undertaker could get one more chance to be champion, and we could legitimately have a "match of the year" rather than pretending that rock vs cena is an original/amazing concept.

I actually think Orton has really stepped it up with his promos. Instead of coming off as cardboard it's like he's angry as hell, stressed out, sleep deprived and super desperate to get people to recognize him. Not to mention he seems to have risen above the weak lackey role he's been stuck in since turning heel.

Oh and I like Punk too but let's be honest, he's pretty much just been coasting since Summerslam.

Hey guys, just ran across an awesome 7 minute match I didn't know existed....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8DcXTBT3vg

Akio Vs. London

Just thought I'd share it if anybody was interested.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Hey guys, just ran across an awesome 7 minute match I didn't know existed....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8DcXTBT3vg

Akio Vs. London

Just thought I'd share it if anybody was interested.
    I remember a lot of London matches, and that bump looked like it hurt so much. This is why I love the cruiserweights and why I miss them. Is there a fairly good shot for them to botch their high octane spots? Yes. Will the crowd always remember these types of matches? Yes.

They built up to the main event well, got the crowd going, produced some outrageous moments, looked like real fights between normal people (except those high spots lol), and while the announcers sucked for this match, the actual calling of the action boosts matches like this.

Also, I'm a huge london fan, so I enjoy a lot of his matches really easily. He had a cool entrance theme too.

I remember a lot of London matches, and that bump looked like it hurt so much. This is why I love the cruiserweights and why I miss them. Is there a fairly good shot for them to botch their high octane spots? Yes. Will the crowd always remember these types of matches? Yes.
    Precisely. That's why I'm of the mindset that WWE should stop limiting wrestler's movesets(to a degree, we don't need Homicides "drop em on their neck" razors edge or anything), and leave wrestlers reliant on what they feel they can do right.

Though I also like that WWE takes such precautions, but still, some kind of happy median between the two would be nice.

They built up to the main event well, got the crowd going, produced some outrageous moments, looked like real fights between normal people (except those high spots lol), and while the announcers sucked for this match, the actual calling of the action boosts matches like this.
    I thought the announcing was okay. It definitely wasn't your perfectly orchestrated calling like today, but as you said I think it worked out well.

Also, I'm a huge london fan, so I enjoy a lot of his matches really easily. He had a cool entrance theme too.
    It's a shame too, while I don't get my hopes up and expect cruiserweights like Wang Yang, Noble, etc. to reach the world titles, London was the total package. He wasn't incredibly small, he had dashingly good looks, and honestly, at his peak(right around the era of this match I'd say), he was probably one of the most talented cruiserweights/wresters ever. I don't remember much about his mic skills, but regardless at the time they actually gave wrestlers promos to improve with.

Now that I remember it, I'm a little surprised that the New Jersey crowd didn't win a Slammy for best audience. They pushed Fandango better then the WWE did. Oh well.

I wonder what's going to be on the card for Wrestlemania 30? I wonder who will be in the title scene. I guess Orton if Cena doesn't win it at the Rumble, which I have a feeling they'll be feuding against each other there. They're planting CM Punk vs Triple H or maybe CM Punk vs Shawn Micheals. The former is more likely. I wonder who Undertaker will feud with at mania 30?

I wonder who Undertaker will feud with at mania 30?
    Undertaker vs. John Cena...THAT WOULD BE BIG!
    or
    Undertaker vs. Sting...if Sting's contract negotiations with TNA Wrestling don't go well.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I thought the announcing was okay. It definitely wasn't your perfectly orchestrated calling like today, but as you said I think it worked out well.

It's a shame too, while I don't get my hopes up and expect cruiserweights like Wang Yang, Noble, etc. to reach the world titles, London was the total package. He wasn't incredibly small, he had dashingly good looks, and honestly, at his peak(right around the era of this match I'd say), he was probably one of the most talented cruiserweights/wresters ever. I don't remember much about his mic skills, but regardless at the time they actually gave wrestlers promos to improve with.
    Well yeah it was ok, I just didn't like that tandem of what seemed to be Bill Demott and Josh Matthews. Their voices just sounded horrible and just really irritated me I guess.

As well if they nurtured the cruiser-weights properly, London could still have been a force in WWE today. They got him 10 years ago when he was only like 22-23, and he could still have been the face of the cruiser-weights today. His mic skills weren't great, but like you said total package as a guy for a division like that people could get behind in my opinion as he did have something charismatic about him. Going from guys like Jimmy Yang, Billy Kidman, Chavo Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio in the past to something like today where he'd have Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Seth Rollins, Primo/Epico, Kofi, Justin Gabriel, Hunico, Evan Bourne if he ever returns. And from NXT if they ever get called up I could have seen him working well with Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Cory Graves, Tyler Breeze and maybe Enzo Amore. Lot of possibilities on a guy I feel they missed the boat on handling when they had that 2008 year of bad wrestling and opted to release him since they didn't have much to work with.

As well if they nurtured the cruiser-weights properly, London could still have been a force in WWE today. They got him 10 years ago when he was only like 22-23, and he could still have been the face of the cruiser-weights today. His mic skills weren't great, but like you said total package as a guy for a division like that people could get behind in my opinion as he did have something charismatic about him. Going from guys like Jimmy Yang, Billy Kidman, Chavo Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio in the past to something like today where he'd have Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Seth Rollins, Primo/Epico, Kofi, Justin Gabriel, Hunico, Evan Bourne if he ever returns. And from NXT if they ever get called up I could have seen him working well with Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Cory Graves, Tyler Breeze and maybe Enzo Amore. Lot of possibilities on a guy I feel they missed the boat on handling when they had that 2008 year of bad wrestling and opted to release him since they didn't have much to work with.
    Yeah, I always bash people when they say they should bring back the cruiserweight title, but honestly it might be a good idea at this point. If nothing else it gets the guys on t.v. more....although I suppose the tag titles aren't really doing that for division, but whatever.

And yes, Bourne is definitely the second coming of london, at least in my eyes. It's a shame he got derailed from the main event scene after he was mega over when cena tagged with him, and well, further derailed from his injury or drug abuse or whatever it was haha.

Oh, and speaking of Primo and Epico, where the hell are the matadores? I honestly don't watch raw or smackdown anymore, but from the bits I do see, I haven't saw them in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonJesus123 View Post
    Undertaker vs. Sting...if Sting's contract negotiations with TNA Wrestling don't go well.
    You know what's funny about this situation, is that WWE would have to spend weeks upon weeks doing vignettes and promos just to get people to know who sting is. Meanwhile they could do the spend the same amount of time on an upcoming rookie(heel Reigns maybe?) and have a future star. Yet you know in a heartbeat WWE would pick the 40 year old over the rookie....
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 20th December 2013 at 3:59 AM.

Sad how just the DDT at the end of that video was better than anything Cena and Orton gave us with their TLC match.

Page 243 of 301 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast