Page 244 of 300 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 7498

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Yeah, I'm not so much an advocate for the cruiserweight title being brought back seeing as they could go after the US/IC title and it'd still be meaningful in some regard to see those style of matches over said titles. Or just have feuds/matches centered around showing off their abilities. If it helps get guys on TV maybe it'd be alright to see back, but I'm one of those that are fine with it currently being deactivated now.

Also, I just realized why WWE could have built around London so well, I never noticed before but when he has a mop/thick style of hair, he kind of looks like Keanu Reeves did during the 80s especially for the Bill and Ted movies. Dunno if anyone sees the resemblance, but he kind of does if you compare the two with that hair style lol.

As well I'm one of those that doesn't want to see a Sting vs. Taker match honestly. Sting is like 55-60 almost now and Taker is hitting 50 almost. If it were almost 10 years ago maybe even 5-6 years, I'd have been fine with it. However, I don't think I can take two guys as old as that even for a dream match people have been wanting to see for almost 15 years now.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Lol... Yeah they are past their prime so to speak, even though I am a die-hard taker fan. I wish he and kane would go back to being cool monsters( brothers of destruction) and stir up some excitement in the wwe.

Sorry, but nobody is allowed to stir up excitement with the way the show is being run now. You'd have an easier time finding Waldo than you would trying to pick out the storytelling and personality amidst all the mundane social media pandering, commercials, recaps, shameless plugs, ...well you get the idea...

I don't know what happened to Los Matadores. Tyson Kidd seems to have dropped off the radar too... But the real ghost in the machine is Curt Hawkins. Who here even knew this guy was still employed? I think even Yoshi Tatsu has gotten more TV time.

Thanks for sharing the information. I found the information very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Sorry, but nobody is allowed to stir up excitement with the way the show is being run now. You'd have an easier time finding Waldo than you would trying to pick out the storytelling and personality amidst all the mundane social media pandering, commercials, recaps, shameless plugs, ...well you get the idea...

I don't know what happened to Los Matadores. Tyson Kidd seems to have dropped off the radar too... But the real ghost in the machine is Curt Hawkins. Who here even knew this guy was still employed? I think even Yoshi Tatsu has gotten more TV time.
    I'll see your Hawkins and Tatsu and raise the level to just three letters...JTG. At least Tatsu can fight and Hawkins as far as I know has been fine with working with developmental talents and stuff at times. I have no idea how the heck JTG still has a job after all these years...unless he's got some awesome blackmail on Vince or he's going to be the 2nd coming of Cena or something lol.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I'll see your Hawkins and Tatsu and raise the level to just three letters...JTG. At least Tatsu can fight and Hawkins as far as I know has been fine with working with developmental talents and stuff at times. I have no idea how the heck JTG still has a job after all these years...unless he's got some awesome blackmail on Vince or he's going to be the 2nd coming of Cena or something lol.
    Damn, you beat me to the JTG punch! Well, unless he was fired and I just didn't notice it, I'll raise you Mason Ryan. Or to a lesser degree Camacho, but he has understandable reasons for being repackaged(and he wasn't a great wrestler if I remember correctly).

Also, here's London and Akio's third outing in their feud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6PAvtLJuNg

The second match they had in between was good, just not as much the first or third(akio won). They had a fourth, but in addition to not being as good, it's focus was put on London's to be feud with Chavo.
    ----------------------------------

Damn, I guess I'm out. I completely forgot about JTG and Ryan.

I think the only person I have left to raise the pot with is Ezekiel Jackson.

Apparently a Batista return is being advertised for next February. It won't be long now before the Road to Part-Timermania begins.

Apparently a Batista return is being advertised for next February. It won't be long now before the Road to Part-Timermania begins.
    Batista? There's a guy I didn't think to see again in WWE. He'll probably be treated like Brock Lesnar, if he's not full time guy. Not sure who I'd like to see him feud against. By the way does anyone know when Sheamus will be back? I'm not longing for his return, but he was injured before Cena and is still out.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I think I remember that Sheamus' return was projected for around the Royal Rumble when he got injured

Or for that matter, when ever the hell they are going to redebut Shelton Benjamin. He left ROH to join WWE around Royal Rumble LAST year....I guess ROH pays better than I thought, or WWE just paid Shelton so much during his initial run that he has enough money to coast on.(can't be easy paying for Big Momma's meals though...)

Back from a minor surgical break, may as well respond to a bunch of these things:

Sting vs Undertaker: the idea of this match makes absolutely no sense, not only because it would have WWE discuss their past at a time in which they think AJ is the greatest diva of all time (she's two weeks off of holding the Divas, not women's title for the longest in history) and Randy Orton is the first "unified champion" (despite Jericho merging the WWE and WCW championships), but it'd mean pushing down the overflow of amazing rookies they have right now. If Taker returns for another match, it should be against one of said rookies (a match with Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns would be perfect) and preferably in a scenario that sees him compete against all of their said factions (ie: a 1 on 3 gauntlet match).

My thoughts on this week's episodes: In my eyes, this week started horribly but ended on a high note. Orton/Cena in my eyes, were pretty pathetic on Raw for obvious reasons (Orton intentionally losing a match via DQ despite having two championships and being the "most important wrestler in wwe right now" and Cena for doing the same old crap he always does only this time apparently forgetting that people don't instantly go into a coma when you push them out of the ring). Literally the only memorable moment from RAW was Damien Sandow's bad santa skit. He did something that was intended to piss off the children, and did so in a way that made me giggle like crazy. It's a shame he has to go against Mark Henry's lame "world's strongest santa" though. The fact they're mixing accidental comedy with cheesiness is something I don't endorse, ever since they basically murdered Fandango's debut with a khali/brodus dance-off and a bunch of gimmicky crap that doesn't impress anyone. Smackdown made up for the embarassment on raw, sorta. We saw the Brodus Clay/X-Woods rivalry get heated up (sorta surprised that the funkadactyls aren't picking sides), and a possible wyatts vs "brotherhood" and d-bryan feud. Oh, and if Big E Langston tries to unify the bottom-tier titles with Ambrose I am literally going to hit him through the television.

My thoughts on the rumble: top of the list of my "potential winners" are cm punk, daniel bryan (I hope not), John Cena three-peat (I hope not), Sheamus (bit of a reach, but it could work), and Bray Wyatt/Roman Reigns (the idea being they face 'taker for the championships at wrestlemania). After the mockery last year that saw the beginning to a rock/cena repeat, I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar happen here. Orton should lose the title at either of the two ppv's following the rumble, as something will definitely happen (possibly a cena heel-turn against daniel bryan) to keep him the champion. If orton remains the champion until wrestlemania, then it'll easily be a forgettable evening (which is ironic, due to last year's wrestlemania being heavily forgettable).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

They atleast should have waited a while before throwing Bryan at Orton again, This feels like a sloppy attempt at correcting themselves after screwing it up the first time... I think a lot of people including myself are still sick of these two going at it, and adding Cena into the mix isn't doing anything for anyone involved either.

Also Undertaker should just retire if he's barely going to show up. While his last program with Punk was fun, I highly doubt we'll get something as entertaining with someone else, especially when we can't even count on Taker to show up once a week.

The thing with Taker too, is that hardcore and casual fans alike are able to suspend their disbelief and actually think Taker may lose. This is no longer the case, though, I don't think ANYONE honestly thinks the streak will be broken. Anyone after Shawn Michaels 2nd chance match should not be taken seriously.

Make a guy curious as to if they actually have a plan to fill the void when Taker does retire?(ya know, besides hire more 45 year olds)

I remember reading that Punk was legit pissed off because he was told by management that he would be the one to break the streak or something like that shortly before last year's event. The guy is supposedly held in very high esteem by Taker and other legends, and Taker is said to be the authority on who (if anyone) is allowed to actually beat him, so there is some sense to it; But yeah even if I read all this beforehand I wouldn't expect him to lose.

Beating The Undertaker this late in the game probably won't mean all that much anyway. Plus I think it's too much of an accolade for any of their younger guys to carry.

As for filling the void...

I'd love to see a handicap match with John Cena and Triple H vs. all the guys from NXT. Daniel Bryan will challenge Orton for the title at the Royal Rumble and will get pinned clean, prompting Cena to lose all hope in Bryan and declare him a true B+ player before joining the authority. The idea is that they challenge the entire NXT roster in a "Losers quit WWE match" in the hopes of finding out who the real A+ players are.

I know what you're thinking, what about Daniel Bryan? Don't worry you'll be able to watch him for free on the pre-show against Hornswoggle in a special Troll vs Troll steel cage match. Only instead of a steel cage a replica of an old bridge will be lowered over the ring where whoever can pin the other underneath the bridge is declared the winner.

As for filling the void...
    As hilarious as both those ideas are, I meant the void the created for every subsequent Wrestlemania after Taker retires. I mean, right now it's pretty much held in higher regard than the Worlds title matches, so finding something to fill a 40 minute void of that caliber won't be easy.

Something along the lines of MITB is really their only choice. But between the fact that MITB has practically become their third biggest PPV, and that the match would still suck even if moved to Mania again, I don't see it happening.

Who do you guys think will win the Royal Rumble? Whoever it is, at least we'll know which Champion they'll face. Same with the whole Mitb PPV, only one now, unless they make one for each belt. That would be one for the IC belt, US Belt, Divas Belt, and Tag Team Belts. That would be chaotic.

It would be awesome if the winner of the Royal Rumble when after the I.C Title. They could make a huge deal out of it and make it the second to last match at mania.

not gonna happen though

So I just realized what if a cruiserweight/someone small or whatever wins the "WWE World Heavyweight" title? Will they just end up calling it the World title? Oh I forgot putting WWE in front of it changes everything...

Wow, 5mins into the holiday episode of raw and we had a good segment turn to cheese (really, they forced damien sandow to cheese up a brilliantly funny thing?), in addition to the divas being booed for what was arguably the worst match of all time. I can just imagine the writing team's thinking process on this match: writer one- "hey, we want to attract attention to a side-show while maintaining realism and entertainment." writer two- "I know, let's have them dress up in skimpy holiday-inspired outfits, link arms with eachother while doing clotheslines, and do moves that wouldn't hurt a two year old" writer one- "that'll work, let's just hide it in the front of the show so noone will remember it!". This show couldn't get any worse...

Edit: Oh wait, they just had big show in a diaper. Yes, yes it has.
    Last edited by Mye; 24th December 2013 at 2:35 AM.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D

So...WWE's plan was to air a vignette anyway hyping that Batista's coming back on the January 20th episode of RAW. While I would have liked a surprise return it does get more viewers to watch that RAW especially because I think it's the go home edition before the Rumble. Also...that big show commercial thingy...was really weird.

The night's getting worse and worse. We had an awkward ptp vs usos match that started with Darren Young confusing cities, then we had Michael Cole offer what is arguably going to be the most abused soundbite of this episode. "Pull it out good santa, pull it out!"See, even without lawler there you can still have a bunch of awkward moment strung together, creating no entertainment value at all.

I don't know, I thought the show was pretty good. I only seen the last 2 hours or so though, starting with the d-bry match.

I think it's REALLY stupid to bring back Batista though. Not only will he bring zero fans to the show, Roman Reigns essentially IS Batista. How are they going to build up a strong guy, who does the spear, and has a powerbomb finisher, when they are bringing in a more successful strong guy, who does the spear, and has a powerbomb finisher?

I have to admit I did enjoy the cheesy goodness of this years RAW Christmas! AJ Lee wearing a shirt with the Grinch on it made me laugh. I was looking forward to Bad Santa vs Good Santa. I know it was childish and dumb but hey I sat through Cena saving Christmas last year so this was fine. Besides Damien Sandow reminded me of the Nostalgia Critic with his glasses on. Overall RAW wasn't anything special. Big E Langston got put in a big spot with John Cena and CM Punk vs the Shield, so nice for Langston.

The advertisements for next RAW and Big Show as the New Year baby...yeah, good thing Cody Rhodes isn't doing his "Big Show embarrassing moments" anymore because this one would top all the others. Also they're advertising the return of Batista. I guess with his return already spoiled they might as well milk it for a big event. I am excited to see Batista back and what he'll do. Considering his history with Triple H, John Cena, and Randy Orton, it should be good.

Page 244 of 300 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294 ... LastLast