Page 245 of 299 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 7474

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I think it's REALLY stupid to bring back Batista though. Not only will he bring zero fans to the show, Roman Reigns essentially IS Batista. How are they going to build up a strong guy, who does the spear, and has a powerbomb finisher, when they are bringing in a more successful strong guy, who does the spear, and has a powerbomb finisher?
    Don't worry I'm sure they just need him to help disassemble the ring at the end of every show.

Last RAW was cringe worthy. The stimulation were goofy and the Divas match was unbearable. Though I've already come to expect Holiday themed RAWs to be like this. At least Santa VS Santa was better then seeing John Cena avenge Santa during last year's RAW Christmas.

The only positives imo were The Wyatts, The Shield and Big E.

I imagine Batista will work a contract that was similar to RVD's. I doubt Batista will return as a full time worker, he could work a schedule that's close to being a full time wrestler though. Who knows, nobody knows whats going on at this point, besides all the creative people that work in WWE and they change their minds constantly.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 25th December 2013 at 6:08 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Did anyone watch RAW Christmas? It was horrible as expected...wasted my 3 hours this past Monday LOL
    And then we have New Year's RAW next week where we see Big Show in his underwear squirting milk on everyones faces...great

So getting all the negativity aside, who do you think can Batista feud with when he returns on January 20th?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonJesus123 View Post
    Did anyone watch RAW Christmas? It was horrible as expected...wasted my 3 hours this past Monday LOL
    And then we have New Year's RAW next week where we see Big Show in his underwear squirting milk on everyones faces...great

So getting all the negativity aside, who do you think can Batista feud with when he returns on January 20th?
    Assuming they'd be setting up for his mania match already, I'd assume Brock lesnar. Considering WWE seems to have no interest in using part-timers to put over new talent, I think it would be smart to get both out of the way in one match. And honestly, unlike most monster vs. monster matches, both can wrestle decently, and there wouldn't be a clear cut winner.

Or he could feud with Trips for the unified titles...
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Assuming they'd be setting up for his mania match already, I'd assume Brock lesnar. Considering WWE seems to have no interest in using part-timers to put over new talent, I think it would be smart to get both out of the way in one match. And honestly, unlike most monster vs. monster matches, both can wrestle decently, and there wouldn't be a clear cut winner.

Or he could feud with Trips for the unified titles...
    Back in 2003/2004 before he left, I wanted to see Brock Lesnar battle Batista. Not so much anymore after the Lesnar vs Goldberg match. I know they are different but, yeah. I suppose it could work, since like you said, they don't use them to put new talent over. I'm still surprised Lesnar and Batista never battled in 2003. Then again, that was when RAW and Smackdown were separate brands.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

William Regal and Antonio Cesaro just had, in my opinion, the best wrestling match of the year on NXT

Rumor is the plan was to pit him against Orton for Wrestlemania... I think it's safe to say now that they really don't give a s*** about building new talent... They probably know at this point that no matter what the show in of itself is enough of a draw to keep the doors open.

I think Brock vs Batista would be a good direction to go in too, plus they both have MMA backrounds which could make for an interesting match.

Also here's a preview for the WWE Scooby Doo movie:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/scooby-doo-wwe-1074640.aspx

If you watch until the end on the DVD cover Triple H can be seen holding the WWE Title! So there you go, even in cartoon form the game is still running roughshod on everyone in sight. Expect the ghost bear to receive a burial that'll make Booker T feel like he got off easy.

In all honesty though it looks pretty cool. Cartoon Vince in particular has quite the likeness.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18...-12-2013_sport

Yes, yes they did. (There's the match in question)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kierzor View Post
    William Regal and Antonio Cesaro just had, in my opinion, the best wrestling match of the year on NXT
    Just watched NXT...definitely a great WRESTLING match!

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

I don't guys, that was just a waste of 18 minutes to me. I don't need a spot-fest to keep me satiated, but that was just plain boring until the final 7 or so minutes.

I watch pro-wrestling to see people do fights that couldn't exist in real life. If I wanted to see a technical bout, I'd rather it be UFC or amateur wrestling so there is actual competition between them.

I'd definitely put either of the Zayn matches above this one any day of the week.

Technically sound...that probably has been the most technical WWE match all year. It was a pure match honestly, but I agree with Raiga on it was boring for the better part of it. It was great wrestling, honestly I respect the crowd for chanting, "This is wrestling". It'd honestly be a great match on TV or in the middle of a PPV to show both guys strength, but remember WWE cares more for the entertainment than actual wrestling. Honestly, if he's still able to go after all this time, I really wish they'd give Regal a go in the midcard/upper midcard or something. Put him vs. Dean Ambrose on my TV, that could be worth watching. Regal honestly has not lost it, and could probably provide something better than both of them doing nothing now, if you watched his feud with him while Ambrose was still in FCW it was pretty good. Plus, who wouldn't want Regal back on our TVs if Big Show and Great Khali still somehow find their way onto our TVs near weekly.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it was great for what it was, I myself just can't stomach that much slow paced technical wrestling for 10 minutes straight.

Regal is an awesome performer, though honestly I don't see him being necessary to the current card in wrestling form, considering they'd have to spend time building him back up to be a threat. With that said, he'd make an awesome manager. Going off of what celestial said, possibly managing ambrose would be cool, because obviously ambrose would be a heel and they need a way for him to get cheap victories.(that might have come of as sarcastic but I'm serious)

Well, to each his own. I personally loved the match, and it was a breath of fresh air from the usual stuff

And on the topic of Ambrose, if anything he should have a valet if he needs a way of gaining cheap victories

Honestly, Regal managing either Ambrose, or maybe guiding Barrett in his new thing might be fun to watch. The guy has a good sense of humor, has been involved in some ridiculous stuff that turned out to be pretty hilarious because of his personality (c'mon can we ever forget him + tajiri when tajiri flipped out on Kane and Undertaker thus scaring Kane of all people). He just needs someone to play off of and he's usable in some place on the roster. I mean I never expected Zeb to last this long since the start of the year, but just tonight he's coming out with a sign that says, Press 1 for English, Press 2 for I.N.S. Managers just make the show seem so much more fun, or get more into characters personality that much easier. Regal would be gold in a manager situation.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Honestly, Regal managing either Ambrose, or maybe guiding Barrett in his new thing might be fun to watch. The guy has a good sense of humor, has been involved in some ridiculous stuff that turned out to be pretty hilarious because of his personality (c'mon can we ever forget him + tajiri when tajiri flipped out on Kane and Undertaker thus scaring Kane of all people). He just needs someone to play off of and he's usable in some place on the roster. I mean I never expected Zeb to last this long since the start of the year, but just tonight he's coming out with a sign that says, Press 1 for English, Press 2 for I.N.S. Managers just make the show seem so much more fun, or get more into characters personality that much easier. Regal would be gold in a manager situation.
    See, for me your ideas should sorta be combined. In my eyes, the real americans could use a "Veteran influence" like regal in their lineup, as it'd then add the potential for them expand into other title-scenarios (perhaps have cesaro vs big e langston) and could start an interesting feud between him and Zeb on "who is more american". Also, after seeing his match with cody rhodes I'm sorta hoping cesaro gains a submission maneuver in his arsenal. Too many times have the real americans "rolled up" someone to win a match, if cesaro started using a double-crab (after doing the spin) it could possibly help alleviate that.

As for smackdown, the entire show confused the living hell out of me. We saw kane (who is apparently "not" the co-gm of smackdown and raw with vickie guererro and the sweater-vest guy) make three separate 1v1, then close it out by doing the same arm-flappy red flames thing he usually does, which is odd as I sorta thought he couldn't do that anymore after being obliterated by the wyatts in an inferno match. We then saw cesaro get a cheap win over Cody Rhodes (which is funny, as it should be Cody Rhodes barely getting wins over Cesaro), the wyatts destroy the usos (with Rowan using the rare "standing frog-splash" to close it out), ziggler out-wrestle orton, and I think we may have seen a divas match (not too sure, was picking up greek food). To end the show, Big E beat Ambrose (which if they're going for a "unification of the two mid-card titles to bring back an older one" feud, they're off to a decent start), Roman Reigns beat Mark Henry, and John Cena arguably have the best match he's had over the past two years (because for some odd reason, they finally chose to pair him with someone who doesn't either look exactly like him or share roughly the same moves as him).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    With Rowan using the rare "standing frog-splash" to close it out
    I didn't see SD, but are you sure it wasn't just a standing splash(or "Big Splash)? The term frog-splash indicates an arm and leg pump before the connection, something I have a hard time imagining any of the Wyatt's doing.

Did anybody see Tribute to the Troops? I kinda forgot about it and felt really bad about that afterwords. Was it good? Who wrestled? I'm sure John Cena was in the main event of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Did anybody see Tribute to the Troops? I kinda forgot about it and felt really bad about that afterwords. Was it good? Who wrestled? I'm sure John Cena was in the main event of it.
    Considering that I'm sure WWE does Tribute to Troops more so to LOOK like a nice company, than actually giving two shits about what people do for them overseas, I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Tribute to the troops was really cool the first time around, when they had like EVERYONE over there and put on a stellar show. Nowadays it's "send 3 mid-card wrestlers over there show we have shots of them hugging soldiers that we can then show year round, that way people will know how great of a company we are".

^ This exactly. Tribute to the Troops is a joke. If anyone should feel bad it's WWE for mailing it in and the Troops for having their intelligence insulted. I didn't even bother to read the results honestly.

I always loved the Tribute to the Troops arena on the smackdown vs. Raw games. I remember on one of them, there was a glitch that would send you into the crowd after falling off a ladder, so I'd always walk my character out into to the desert haha.

Surprisingly enough the main event of this year's 4T show was Big Show vs. Damien Sandow, lol. But, in all seriousness the set for this year's show was pretty cool where they used the back end of a military jet to come out of. The Troops show is always a goodwill type of show, so basically all the faces will win no matter what. It's basically a show for the troops and their kids, they get to enjoy what happens, meet the wrestlers before/after, and storyline continuity (which already doesn't happen) gets forgotten for a show basically. Though they do still give it to one of the main stories each year. I.E. this year was The Wyatts/Bryan, which turned into a six man with DB, Cena, Punk vs. the Wyatts. Half the stuff they taped didn't even make it to the main show, and only to the YT channel apparently. It was a nice show overall (for what it was), and the Shield got an entrance from an already parked tank in the arena. I kind of wish they had special sets for the PPVs again like they did for the 4T show.

Random thoughts on Raw I've posted elsewhere thus far:

They're clearly setting up Punk to put Reigns over with his taking down of Ambrose and Rollins. This will pump Reigns up as the only one capable of beating Punk, and thereby being the best of the Shield and blah blah blah inevitable break-up over jealousy or whatever. Such a waste of what Punk should be doing.

Stephanie is about to announce the Rumble main event. I start the bidding at Cena/Orton. Do I hear any other bids?

2014 in the WWE is shaping up a lot like, I dunno, 2006-2010 in the WWE. Cena/Orton/HHH, Cena/Orton/HHH, Cena/Orton/HHH. Rinse and repeat.

Can Bryan just soundly beat the Wyatts already? It hurts him a lot to be feuding so long unsuccessfully with them, but it really wouldn't hurt the Wyatts at all to put him over. They should be building up over the upper-midcard, anyway. Not going over should-be main eventers.

Ziggler vs Axel.

Wow, I can't believe Dolph won. I was just about to type about how WWE wants to push Axel when no one wants them to, and they want to bury Dolph when people want them to push him. But they let Dolph go over. This could be a restoration to the way things are supposed to be: Dolph as an upper-midcarder and Axel as a JTTS.

Raw Old School next week. They'll bring out one or two guys the fans care about or miss amidst a slew of fossils and hangers-on that no one wants to see at all.

Sigh. Fandango and Big E. I'd be more excited about this if I wasn't so afraid it's going to be a < 2 minute squash. I hope Fandango at least gets a good showing, but I have a feeling this is going to be ALL about putting Langston over huge.

Fandango definitely deserves more promos and interactions with other wrestlers. I don't think I've heard him speak in months.

On one hand, I thought it was a nice touch that they had Langston roll out of the ring after the legdrop instead of straight kicking out of it. On the other hand, Langston clearly learned how to sell from Undertaker and Cena. "Oh, this guy's been working my leg for the whole match? Time to unleash all my power moves without so much as a limp!"

Booker T has a New Year's celebration with the PTP. Darren Young comes out with two broads on his arm. Good work, WWE. Good to see Wade Barrett isn't in prison after his blatant criminal activity last week.
    Last edited by Sid87; 31st December 2013 at 3:23 AM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I'm not reviewing RAW just yet, but I want to know what the point of turning Brodus Clay heel was if he never wins? Seriously, he's worse off now then when he was a face on TV. So much for heel Brodus Clay, I thought they were going to build up a new big monster heel. Guess not.

The night has ground to a crawling pace with s Sandow/Khali match and a Brodus Clay/R-Truth match. Time to read X-Men comics on my Kindle.

Brock is so [darn] [crappy] at talking on his own, which is weird because he got himself really over in UFC just by being a naturally pompous [jerk]. You'd think he'd be better at it, but every time he opens his mouth, it's stuttery, scripted nonsense.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Page 245 of 299 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295 ... LastLast