Page 246 of 289 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 7216

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Random thoughts on Raw I've posted elsewhere thus far:

Booker T has a New Year's celebration with the PTP. Darren Young comes out with two broads on his arm. Good work, WWE. Good to see Wade Barrett isn't in prison after his blatant criminal activity last week.

Yes, nothing says "we tolerate all lifestyles, races, and beliefs" like having their first openly gay superstar (who from what people are telling me, is also black) partying it up with two chicks.

Also, Damien Sandow beat great khali in one of those "audience votes for this" match. Prior to the match, in an interview, he openly admitted how he hated being in gimmickey matches and would quit if he didn't win. Well, he isn't quitting. As for him not being in any more gimmickey matches, well...

Brock Lesnar returned, is apparently challenging the "winner" of the orton/cena match. After seeing this bit, I'm a little scared for three reasons: 1) it's starting to look more and more like triple-h will win the titles at the rumble, 2) his in-ring chatter is starting to make him resemble Mike Tyson more and more, and 3) his post-f5 "noises" are just a hair shy of being the most awkward thing we've heard superstars do in the ring (ryback, your heavy, breathing is, weird as, bleep!). I'm starting to get concerned more and more as the rumble approaches. With lesnar, batista, and even Maddox returning it's looking like they have too many people who can be on TV and not enough quality writers to make it entertaining. Unless Vince goes on a massive firing spree, we could easily see an 85-man royal rumble and some of the worst "entertainment" in months. Speaking of which, the divas are on, this should be good.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Seriously why does Brock always get bashed for talking? He's no Paul Heyman but he's not bad at all either... Punk botched a line at the beginning too and yet I don't see anyone complaining about his mic work. Would you guys rather he just play a mute character?

Other than the Brock/Heyman return and Mark Henry getting squashed (sucks it was him) Raw was pretty boring for me.

I was really hoping too when Lesnar issued his challenge so to speak that Batista was going to come out. That would have been awesome.

RAW really had Platinum fan's blood boiling because of Brodus Clay. I know he's a midcarder but I expected him to be a monster heel now! Ugh, it ruined the show for me. Anyway CM Punk and the Shield at the beginning was interesting. Looks like Roman Regins is going to get a push. I really hope WWE make a new main eventer out of him. He looks the part of a main event guy, so I've got my fingers crossed that he makes 2014 his year.

Brock Lesnar's return last night did surprise me. I was not expecting him until 2014 but it's good to see him and Paul Heyman back. He's going to challenge the winner of Cena vs Orton. I would think the winner would be John Cena in that case, since Orton's a heel and Lesnar's a heel and they rarely put to big heels together unless it's to turn one of them face and I don't see Orton or Lesnar becoming faces, so unless it's a Triple Threat between them I'm guessing it's Lesnar vs Cena...again. This will be their third match if it happens. Brock Lesnar destroying Mark Henry was impressive but at the same time I felt bad for Mark Henry. Here's a guy who at one point was doing that sort of destruction to others and his Hall of Pain gimmick and look how easily Brock Lesnar just ran him over, hardly any effort at all. It's impressive on Brock Lesnar's part for sure and really builds him up as a monster but poor Mark Henry. And Brock Lesnar shrieks like a kid in a horror movie. That did amuse me.

Beyond that RAW was boring. Damien Sandow beat the Great Khali, Bad News Barret interrupts Booker T's new year party, the Divas have a forgettable tag match and Dolph Ziggler defeated Curtis Axel. I don't even think Ryback and Big Show were on last night. Funny considering Big Show's promo. Did Fandago have a match Big E. Langston? I don't remember.

Oh yeah, and Daniel Bryan ends the year with joining the Wyatt Family. Say what now?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Honestly, I don't mind brock if he's staying in shape. He looks in better shape than he was since summerslam, and that F5 to Henry was one of those, "oh damn" kind of moments.

As for Bryan, fantasy booking here! Insert DB into the RR world title match, have him win it, while CM Punk wins the rumble. Go on to beat Lesnar at the EC PPV, and have CM Punk resting or in some match or something. All the while The Wyatt family is leading DB to victory that he couldn't get fighting the machine alone. Then build the story off Punk wanting to get his friend back to normal. After numerous beat downs by the Wyatts, Punk still won't give up, stating he knows deep down that Bryan is a champion all on his own and doesn't need the Wyatts. Then during the match as he's doing a "final" series of those alternating kicks that he normally stops for, Bray is screaming, "DO IT DANIEL, CEMENT YOUR LEGACY!" while the crowd is chanting NO! over and over. Bryan finally comes to his senses, Bray attempts to have the family ruin the match, but Punk/Bryan clean house and go on to finish the match on good terms with each other. I'd personally end it with Bryan picking up the win, and celebrating coming back to the right side and celebrating a hard fought match with Punk. IWC dream match at this point, but having the two guys that get the biggest reactions in the E right now, would be pretty damn cool if they decided to do it.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Brock Lesnar has delivered the F5 to Mark Henry before. The two have had a match way back in 2002 on Smackdown. Most of the older fans know Brock Lesnar can lift up guys like Mark Henry and Big Show, but it was a long time ago so I get why the announcers made a big deal out of it. :P

And so the First Act in the Daniel Bryan/Wyatt Family saga ends but this was a pretty good episode. The only thing I found strange was CM Punk & Seth Rollins not understanding how Small Packages work. The Divas & Clay/Woods were clearly filler. My Favourite parts were The First Act Finale & Bad News Barrett stating nothing wrong.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Brock Lesnar has delivered the F5 to Mark Henry before. The two have had a match way back in 2002 on Smackdown. Most of the older fans know Brock Lesnar can lift up guys like Mark Henry and Big Show, but it was a long time ago so I get why the announcers made a big deal out of it. :P
    Agreed. Literally every wwe fan over the age of 12 probably remembers the big show vs lesnar match in which lesnar super-plexed show from the top rope, smashing the ring to pieces. The most surprising thing from the new years raw, in my opinion, was wwe's promotion of a heel diva that isn't AJ. Yes, many people don't know who Aksana is and yes, the match was sorta focused on trying to promote eva marie as a "heel" (or heel gold-digger, whatever they want to call it) but considering the fact that we've basically seen AJ vs cookie-cutter matches for the past 6 months it'll be nice to hopefully see something different... at least until they bring up paige/emma and have them be jobbers to the total divas for some reason.

You're all probably wondering what I thought of the remainder of raw last night. To sum it up in 6 words: barrett was funny, why bryan why? While Wade Barrett may still be the low-level "5min timeslot" guy who hasn't had any big push since the nexus, this new personae is starting to make me like him more each week. Don't get me wrong, it isn't even remotely good (I had to mute my television for about half of the commentary afterward), but as a platform to build off of it is starting to mirror what the miz had, then botched due to noone giving a damn about him. If he can start doing this during individual matches, and develop a rivalry with "hopefully" one of the real americans, we could see something decent in the mid-card assuming the shield splits up soon. As far as Daniel Bryan's "re-awakening" is concerned, I'm a little bit happy and incredibly annoyed. They gave Daniel Bryan something that he could've used at any moment between now and (based on my interest in this) wrestlemania, and rather than choose to save it for a pay-per-view they settled for a new years eve (sorta, apparently december has 30 days now) throw-away. As I said before, vince is either going to need to fire people or the writing team is going to need to work overtime to push out decent episodes with Batista/brock/bryan getting new storylines and the roster having roughly 25 or so "Relevant" superstars. If they botch even a few of these storylines (maybe not batista's due to him being arguably the most boring guy to ever have a 6-pack) people will probably take notice.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D

^ To be fair it was NYE in England.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Out of every BS thing they do I still have no idea why they just plain refuse to give alot of these guys any time whatsoever on a 3 hour show... Both Ziggler and Axel at best had those stupid "earlier today" promos and other guys like Barrett still gets no time in the ring or an actual feud.

Instead let's all make sure we stay updated on what The Rock's tweeting about... this would be flat out hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic and mundane at the same time. I bet the guy doesn't even write his own posts.

how many times does cena and orton have to fight for people to stop giving a damn?

So guys, besides Daniel Bryan, do you think Batista will feud with any guys he's never wrestled before? He's battled John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, Undertaker, and even CM Punk, but not on a huge scale. Brock Lesnar could be one, and maybe Sheamus when he returns?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    how many times does cena and orton have to fight for people to stop giving a damn?
    The match at this year's rumble will be their 28th match involving the two of them (41 if you include "tag team" matches that they've been in, 19 if you only include matches involving a title). For some weird reason I have the nagging suspicion that the writing staff doesn't watch the episodes. If so, they'd pair cena up with someone like seth rollins (who he had an amazing match with on sd) and orton up with ziggler (again, someone he had an amazing match with on raw). Pairing up the 2 most popular superstars, based on the all important "twitter followers" statistic, is stupid. Pairing them up after they've had more matches than they've had individual title reigns is beyond repetitive and bordering on "we need to put these writers in a home and get them alzheimers medication" territory.

Oh, and shuckle, at least they've stopped doing those stupid wwe shop promos for now. I say 'for now' because with the way I've seen them advertise the crap out of twitter as of late I wouldn't be surprised to see them spend an entire month of episodes catering on wwe shop only.

So guys, besides Daniel Bryan, do you think Batista will feud with any guys he's never wrestled before? He's battled John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, Undertaker, and even CM Punk, but not on a huge scale. Brock Lesnar could be one, and maybe Sheamus when he returns?
    Tbh I'm not sure who Batista could fight. It all depends on whether he is face or heel. I would want him back as a heel but Brock already fits the monster heel role that Batista could have had. Also his return promos give me a face vibe. So as a face I can see him going up against Brock Lesnar, the Wyatts, the Shield and maybe even butting heads with the Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Seriously why does Brock always get bashed for talking? He's no Paul Heyman but he's not bad at all either... Punk botched a line at the beginning too and yet I don't see anyone complaining about his mic work. Would you guys rather he just play a mute character?
    Couldn't agree more. The guy is fine, if not great on the microphone. I thought his promo bullying Lauranaitis during contract negotiations was one of the best one's in months at the time.

If anything, the only reason he "sucks" is because they don't give him time. I know I'd suck if I had Heyman talk for 15 minutes, just to try and show my whole character in 3 sentences.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The guy is fine, if not great on the microphone. I thought his promo bullying Lauranaitis during contract negotiations was one of the best one's in months at the time.

If anything, the only reason he "sucks" is because they don't give him time. I know I'd suck if I had Heyman talk for 15 minutes, just to try and show my whole character in 3 sentences.
    I agree, I truly have no problem with Brock on the mic. They could have improved Curtis Axel's promo skills a bit more if they didn't have Heyman cut EVERY SINGLE PROMO! And then most of the IWC complains that he sucks at promos. On a more related note I am really intrigued as to where the Daniel Bryan story is going. I didn't get to watch Raw because I was at the house show but from what I saw on Youtube it was pretty rad. I feel like Bryan will either destroy the Wyatts from the inside, just become a member and thats that or maybe even have the Wyatts make him their personal slave much like how Cena was to Nexus. It'll totally lead up to Cena vs. Bray at Wrestlemania, possibly to save Daniel Bryan.

If they are building up John Cena to save Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania then wow! I'm sorry but that's bad. I've heard the rumors that they are trying to setup Cena vs Bray Wyatt at mania, but I didn't believe it. I didn't think Bray Wyatt was ready for that spot yet, but it's not like they have anyone else that's not a part time guy or Randy Orton. I wouldn't like having Daniel Bryan be saved by John Cena, he should save himself. Though I think this whole Daniel Bryan joining the Wyatt Family is strange in general. I don't know whether to be excited or shake my head because it almost tells us Bryan will not be the main event at Wrestlemania to win his belt back.

On a side-topic, I'm really starting to like the idea of Bautista(apparently is his in-ring name now, better get used to it) coming back now that I hear its possibly for 2 years.

Bautista get's IT, and get's what Jericho, Lesnar, and all the other part timers minus Rock don't. In order to actually put someone or something over, you yourself have to mean something to the audience. It's a give and take scenario all the time. Nobody gives rat's *** if Jericho wins or loses because he'll be gone in a month, same with Lesnar, or RVD.

As I alluded to, I think the Rock understood this, and was attempting to do it by wrestling large periods at a time(rather than a random month), but couldn't change the fact that the writing was just god awful.

If they are building up John Cena to save Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania then wow! I'm sorry but that's bad. I've heard the rumors that they are trying to setup Cena vs Bray Wyatt at mania, but I didn't believe it. I didn't think Bray Wyatt was ready for that spot yet, but it's not like they have anyone else that's not a part time guy or Randy Orton. I wouldn't like having Daniel Bryan be saved by John Cena, he should save himself. Though I think this whole Daniel Bryan joining the Wyatt Family is strange in general. I don't know whether to be excited or shake my head because it almost tells us Bryan will not be the main event at Wrestlemania to win his belt back.
    I agree. Tbh I'm trying to get excited for this but I feel that it's WWE's way to keep Daniel out of the title picture. And on the Bray VS Cena thing I agree that it would be bad to have Cena but in and save Daniel and basically make Danile look like a wimp who needs others to win his battles. I personally think Cena vs Undertaker is a better idea for a Wrestlemania match.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Oh, and shuckle, at least they've stopped doing those stupid wwe shop promos for now. I say 'for now' because with the way I've seen them advertise the crap out of twitter as of late I wouldn't be surprised to see them spend an entire month of episodes catering on wwe shop only.
    This is true. It was interesting as a one time thing but that's about it... Now if only they could do away with Cole telling us how to download the stupid App.

And I told you guys, Daniel Bryan will be on the preshow with Hornswoggle and we will get Triple H and John Cena headling 'Mania.

Cue this year's official Wrestlemania theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8P_rsUwVbk

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I agree. Tbh I'm trying to get excited for this but I feel that it's WWE's way to keep Daniel out of the title picture. And on the Bray VS Cena thing I agree that it would be bad to have Cena but in and save Daniel and basically make Danile look like a wimp who needs others to win his battles. I personally think Cena vs Undertaker is a better idea for a Wrestlemania match.
    It just feels like they really don't want Daniel Bryan in that top spot, even though everyone treats him like the number one Babyface of WWE right now. He's even more over then CM Punk right now. WWE should take advantage of this and put him in the main event. People are tired of John Cena and Randy Orton. I don't know anyone who was excited for their match to unify the belts. WWE really should listen to their audience when it's this demanding.

It just feels like they really don't want Daniel Bryan in that top spot, even though everyone treats him like the number one Babyface of WWE right now. He's even more over then CM Punk right now. WWE should take advantage of this and put him in the main event. People are tired of John Cena and Randy Orton. I don't know anyone who was excited for their match to unify the belts. WWE really should listen to their audience when it's this demanding.
    You've got to be kidding me. Daniel Bryan headlined like 3-4, if not more PPV's this year. He's probably closed out more shows than anymore else. To think WWE is holding him down is ridiculous.

And, I love D-bry as much as the next person, but you have to realize the fact that it's WWE that made him a star, not the other way around. Daniel Bryan is popular because he's an underdog, and got lucky with a simple chant. This can be seen VERY clearly after he was taken out of the main event scene. The crowd didn't really care about his stuff with Punk, and had no problem whatsoever cheering the hell out of the Big Show with the yes chant.

My point being, just be happy with what WWE gives you.
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 3rd January 2014 at 4:13 AM.

I'd actually like to see where the Wyatt storyline will take him. Bray is a beast and adding DB will be...destructive. Although could it turn to another Team Hell No but more serious?

Anyway I wish to see a Shield vs Wyatt feud down the line
    "I am the one who knocks"
    -Walter White

Friend Code: 1864 9964 9755

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. Daniel Bryan headlined like 3-4, if not more PPV's this year. He's probably closed out more shows than anymore else. To think WWE is holding him down is ridiculous.

And, I love D-bry as much as the next person, but you have to realize the fact that it's WWE that made him a star, not the other way around. Daniel Bryan is popular because he's an underdog, and got lucky with a simple chant. This can be seen VERY clearly after he was taken out of the main event scene. The crowd didn't really care about his stuff with Punk, and had no problem whatsoever cheering the hell out of the Big Show with the yes chant.

My point being, just be happy with what WWE gives you.
    Nearly all of those times he headlined he was still made to look like more of a chump then someone who's earned said spot. and Big Show's face turn by comparison was a complete disaster even with Show being booked strong.

To book Bryan like that then suddenly pull him out of the title picture in favor of same old stale cena is more ridiculous in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Nearly all of those times he headlined he was still made to look like more of a chump then someone who's earned said spot.
    When he does win it, I still hope at Wrestlemania or even at any time, just think of the reaction though. I think that's what WWE wants to think about/guide us to. It would be a pop that would compete with Ziggler cashing in his MITB, or Punk winning it at MITB. Solely my opinion.

In the other note, which wrestler (er...performer...sorry Vince) would Hawlucha most likely be? Just a random thought. After all, this is a Pokemon forum.
    "I am the one who knocks"
    -Walter White

Friend Code: 1864 9964 9755

So Punk vs HHH is meant to be a sure fire match for mania with them doing another summer of Punk for the build up. Interesting there. Would be a good feud and match but only if WWE allow it.

And Undertaker has requested to have a match against Bryan for Mania. That would be a good match but not sure how they would go about a feud for it. Especially since there are other guys Bryan can feud with and have a title match against.

Page 246 of 289 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast