Page 247 of 294 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 7334

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

I've been hearing all sorts of rumors for Taker. Taker vs Brock, Taker vs Sheamus (I know, I know) and now Taker vs Bryan.
    It seems like this could be the Deadman's last 'Mania. Hopefully the Streak remains intact cause it is a factor that made Wrestlemania...Wrestlemania. That being said, it's inevitable for Taker to get his HOF ring. It'll be fun if he becomes the second "active performer" to be a Hall of Famer. If Flair can get away with it, the Deadman should be too.
    Of course they would do an HHH vs Punk. That's equal to money. Though they should have done that in the first Summer of Punk.
    I do miss Punk in the title scene though.
    "I am the one who knocks"
    -Walter White

Friend Code: 1864 9964 9755

I haven't heard the Taker vs Bryan ones. I hear Taker vs Lesnar all the time. I don't think the streak will end, the only person that might do it with would be John Cena just to fully cement him as the all time great, they promote him to be. I hope they don't. Undertaker's streak needs to remain unbroken. A part of me wants his last Wrestlemania match to be for the belt before he retires. Though it would be hypocritical of me to say so since I'm usually against part time guys getting the belt. But Taker's Mania streak has been legendary. I also haven't heard the Taker vs Sheamus talks either. I personally want to see Sheamus wrestle Brock Lesnar at one point.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I've heard they wanted to do Taker vs Sheamus cause Brock is too rough for someone as old as the Deadman. As a fan though, I'd love Taker vs Brock cause he never beat Brock. Has that same feel in Taker-HBK I although I won't have the same expectations as that. Will be a good match though. Anyone that can Belly to Belly Big Show can have the intensity for me!

As for the Cena thing, what good would that do to him to end the streak career wise? He's not really an up and comer. And no one really has that "Legend Killer" gimmick. Wonder if a Shield Member, possibly Reigns, could have a shot to be immortal.
    -Walter White

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I haven't heard the Taker vs Bryan ones. I hear Taker vs Lesnar all the time. I don't think the streak will end, the only person that might do it with would be John Cena just to fully cement him as the all time great, they promote him to be. I hope they don't. Undertaker's streak needs to remain unbroken. A part of me wants his last Wrestlemania match to be for the belt before he retires. Though it would be hypocritical of me to say so since I'm usually against part time guys getting the belt. But Taker's Mania streak has been legendary. I also haven't heard the Taker vs Sheamus talks either. I personally want to see Sheamus wrestle Brock Lesnar at one point.
    Tbh it'd be way to risky to have Cena end the streak. The heat it would bring to him would be terrible. Imo no superstar is worthy enough to end the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Tbh it'd be way to risky to have Cena end the streak. The heat it would bring to him would be terrible. Imo no superstar is worthy enough to end the streak.
    While I agree with the whole thing with the Streak, doesn't all of the older fans want Cena to turn heel?
    -Walter White

Quote Originally Posted by aurachomp74 View Post
    While I agree with the whole thing with the Streak, doesn't all of the older fans want Cena to turn heel?
    Many do but if it's be ending the streak that won't go down well. There are other easier and more better ways for Cena to turn heel. If the streak ends it should be a guy who needs the push not someone who you can't push anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Many do but if it's be ending the streak that won't go down well. There are other easier and more better ways for Cena to turn heel. If the streak ends it should be a guy who needs the push not someone who you can't push anymore.
    Is Reigns a viable threat? He does need that push and has that "it" feeling. Then again, he does seem like a Batista and we all know what happened there...
    -Walter White

You all probably want my comments on this, and here they are: the streak can and should never be broken at wrestlemania, period. For the past two decades, the undertaker's streak has done three important things for the wwe: 1) it's given the WWE one "definitive" reason to watch wrestlemania, 2) it's given his opponent a giant boost in the 3 months prior to wrestlemania and the 3-4 months afterward and 3) it's given the WWE fans some hope that he can continue it on forever (even though we all know that he'll have to retire at some point). To end the streak this year would make no sense whatsoever, as it'd have them lose their single biggest way to boost a superstar in WWE and would turn wrestlemania into a generic pay-per-view, sorta like the royal rumble. As for picking a superstar to face the undertaker at wrestlemania, I'm on the fence between two superstars right now: Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns. With Bray Wyatt, they'd be able to draw a storyline from the fact that after Wyatt abducted Kane, he turned corporate/"chose to accept greed and not the flames". With Roman Reigns on the other hand, they essentially have seeds already planted after the shield triple power-bombed him through a table and basically made themselves the most destructive force in WWE. Perhaps they could merge the two ideas, and have a triple-threat match. Then they could still have a quality match with all the risk (undertaker doesn't need to be pinned to lose the streak) and less wear and tear on Undertaker's body.

Also, if Dean Ambrose doesn't join commentary after this shield storyline, I will be completely shocked. While he "could" be an amazing superstar in the ring, the stuff he was doing at the booth at the beginning of smackdown had me hooked.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Yea I'm with you on Reigns facing Undertaker, but I've heard he's turning babyface soon. A good move by itself, but I really want two dream matches before he does turn.
    1) Against Undertaker
    2) Against the Wyatts. I mean come on, they're the two most dominant factions as of now.

And I completely disagree with you with Ambrose joining commentary (although imagine him plugging in the App in his Ambrose-like style). He has the potential as a top heel in the business and he has his promos and style to thank for that.

Let's not forget Rollins just like a lot of people do (which is a dear shame if you ask me). He can wrestle circles around any opponent and has selling skills that even rivals Ziggler, which really could be a reason why he is the one pinned the most lol just see the Cody's Cross Rhodes on him during Battleground. I always see him as a Jeff Hardy-CM Punk hybrid that watched a lot of Shawn Michaels matches growing up.

Finally, a Rollins-Ambrose feud would be amazing.
    Here's why:
    -Walter White

Punk will lead the Shield as a face stable against the Wyatts and Bryan I could see it happening only because there isn't a face tag team that can match up with the Wyatts right now and go over

From what I heard the shield will be busy at Mania going against each other. Reigns is meant to turn face soon after the Royal Rumble and instead of the shield breaking up thy are going to replace Reigns with a new powerhouse member. Kind of makes sense why should the Shield break up just because Reigns leave?

The whole streak debate is the biggest thing about Mania.It would be strange to talk about Mania without having to talk bout the streak when Undertaker retires. The one guy taker wants to lose to at Mania is Kane. Makes sense with the whole history they have. It would be a Mania moment for Kane to win and the brothers Destruction leave the ring together and retire after that. Next year then they can both be inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    and Big Show's face turn by comparison was a complete disaster even with Show being booked strong.
    Are you shitting me right now? The moment Big Show knocked out Trips elicited more of a reaction than Bryan's ever had in his career. His Yes chants were just as strong as well. There was nothing wrong with show's run minus how they handled the fallout.

To book Bryan like that then suddenly pull him out of the title picture in favor of same old stale cena is more ridiculous in my opinion.
    I know it wasn't there reason for doing it, but I honestly think it's for the better. As I stated, Daniel Bryan was already getting stale to the audience when he won the title, and once he lost the underdog effect, people realized he doesn't even have an actual character. This way the underdog effect is reinstated, and he might actually get a character.

Quote Originally Posted by aurachomp74 View Post
    When he does win it, I still hope at Wrestlemania or even at any time, just think of the reaction though. I think that's what WWE wants to think about/guide us to. It would be a pop that would compete with Ziggler cashing in his MITB, or Punk winning it at MITB. Solely my opinion.
    I don't understand why people keep saying this. WE'VE ALREADY SEEN THE REACTION PEOPLE! Heck, we've practically seen it twice. First, Daniel Bryan won the title, to a mediocre fanfare, and then had the title vacated from him. Then to a much shorter degree, he won the title and was cashed in on via MITB.
    ----------------------------------

Taker VS Lesnar, IMO, would be an awesome match. Brock Lesnar seems to be the perfect, ruthless, opponent who would do anything he can do to end the Deadman's streak. Make it a No Disqualification Match, and we are all set for a great Wrestlemania this year.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like Pie! View Post
    Taker VS Lesnar, IMO, would be an awesome match. Brock Lesnar seems to be the perfect, ruthless, opponent who would do anything he can do to end the Deadman's streak. Make it a No Disqualification Match, and we are all set for a great Wrestlemania this year.
    No, no it wouldn't be. In my opinion, Undertaker has had his greatest matches with guys who have great in-ring strategy (people like cm punk, and kane for instance). While Brock is a dominating force, sorta, all he does is go in and punch things. It's like Xmen: you wouldn't want to see Magneto face off against the Hulk, because that'd be too easy. Instead, you'd want him to face someone with a brain, like nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Caliber View Post
    Punk will lead the Shield as a face stable against the Wyatts and Bryan I could see it happening only because there isn't a face tag team that can match up with the Wyatts right now and go over
    No, no he won't. If I remember correctly, a few years ago punk lead a faction known as the "new nexus" on a rampage through the wwe that ended with the audience getting bored to death. Prior to that, he lead the straight-edge society (consisting of Luke Gallows and Joey Mercury) on a rampage that ended with a match vs Rey Mysterio. After seeing all of that, I'm pretty sure we can safely say that punk is better as a solo-guy rather than in a team, and if anything could use another side-feud to allow for an easier transition should his shield feud eventually end.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Are you shitting me right now? The moment Big Show knocked out Trips elicited more of a reaction than Bryan's ever had in his career. His Yes chants were just as strong as well. There was nothing wrong with show's run minus how they handled the fallout.
    You must have forgotten about when Raw was in Seattle... And that reaction was more in response to Triple H rather than the Big Show.

Considering Show's match with Randy at Survivor Series contributed to one of the lowest buyrates in years and had the fans chanting Bryan's name during the match, I really wouldn't call his run a success.

I know it wasn't there reason for doing it, but I honestly think it's for the better. As I stated, Daniel Bryan was already getting stale to the audience when he won the title, and once he lost the underdog effect, people realized he doesn't even have an actual character. This way the underdog effect is reinstated, and he might actually get a character.
    Randy and Big Show aren't exactly pi**ing excellence in the character department either So I don't know what your ideal alternative would've been. Building him up and then demoting him to the midcard like that is just plain idiotic booking.

And I don't know how you could say that Bryan was already getting stale after winning the title... Especially since he didn't even get any sort of run with it. To call the reaction he got after winning the title at Summerslam mediocre is ridiculous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    You must have forgotten about when Raw was in Seattle... And that reaction was more in response to Triple H rather than the Big Show.
    Well, honestly I have forgotten, because every Raw, smackdown, and ppv for the last 2 years has been rolled up into one, slow, forgettable, terrible nightmare lol.

Considering Show's match with Randy at Survivor Series contributed to one of the lowest buyrates in years
    Please find me one other match on that card that somebody could PAY you to watch, and I'll concede this point.(hint: it's not easy to do on a card that has ADR Vs. Cena #363)

Randy and Big Show aren't exactly pi**ing excellence in the character department either So I don't know what your ideal alternative would've been. Building him up and then demoting him to the midcard like that is just plain idiotic booking.
    I never said it wasn't stupid booking, just that it was the right decision.

And I don't know how you could say that Bryan was already getting stale after winning the title
    There's no crazy deduction here... Daniel Bryan came on my T.V., and I felt like switching the channel. Why? Because I don't care to hear a guy who sounds like a surfer in his 50's with no energy babble on about "the authority" holding him down for the eighth time(no, starting to randomly yell everything halfway in a promo isn't "energy"). I even made the bold prediction that he would chant Yes! in his promo, and he did it!

Again, Daniel Bryan is one of the better things about WWE, but because of that people put him on a pedestal and forget that a guy with no personality and Billy Kidman's charisma is who they want at the top of the company.

Well, it's official: Daniel Bryan is a wyatt. Unlike what they did with past "weird acquisitions" like John Cena joining the Nexus, they had him change his entire outfit and actually tried to blend him in with what they already have going on (suggesting a long-term placement). Considering the fact that I enjoyed the wyatts whole "theme", enjoyed daniel bryan's in-ring ability, and hated daniel bryan on the microphone, I'm sorta hoping they try to turn him into a bit of a Brock Lesnar-like guy who just comes in and destroys people with Bray giving a disturbing speech at the end. Then when he inevitably starts his feud with punk, we can see that chip away in what I'm hoping will be a great series of matches culminating with punk v bryan (v undertaker, hopefully) at WM. Also, while many people may say "oh, this rivalry will push for a lot of tag-team matches with bryan and one of the wyatts", I truly doubt it. Prior to the Bryan acquisition Rowan/Harper were in the middle of the tag team title hunt and Bray was basically acting as their manager. Unless the writing team does something stupid, nothing should change that.

Please find me one other match on that card that somebody could PAY you to watch, and I'll concede this point.(hint: it's not easy to do on a card that has ADR Vs. Cena #363)
    Maybe the Survivor Series match for the Tag team championships?

...Alright fine, for the most part that entire event sucked.

Fair enough. Bryan hasn't ever wowed me either, but good lord I'll gladly take the guy anyday over another Big Show feud or Cena vs Orton for the millionth time... Hilarious how Randy beat Cena fair and square and they still need another match to decide who the "true champion" is.

Well, the rest of the night was definitely... interesting? We saw 3MB lose to a tag team noone's cared about in 10 years and a guy whose "finisher" consisted of rubbing his giant bum in peoples' faces, brock and big show started a feud (which I really hope turns into a RR match, as show tends to make lesnar look "smaller" resulting in amazing matches), Bryan and Bray are teaming vs the usos next week (with a storyline I'm hating right off the bat), and Roman Reigns/Punk had arguably the greatest match we've seen on raw over the past 6 months. Oh, and like every "vintage" raw we saw them round up all the legends/have them introduced to the public, because as we all know people don't care about something entirely until they're put on camera for 2 seconds. The fact that they had to do it like this, in my eyes, was demeaning to the legends due to the fact that the audience should know who the guys are and if they don't but like them seeing them on stage will give them incentive to look up them online. The fact that they introduced Jake Roberts back was a pretty good twist (hopefully he manages punk), but the fact they had the show end with Ambrose in the ring/trying not to giggle with a snake on him and Reigns/Rollins fleeing is pretty annoying, especially since they've been building up Reigns for a while and having all this happen just makes the entire shield look weak.

Oh yeah, and if we include what we've already seen so far we can kinda "conclude" that Brock will enter and win the royal rumble. The fact that they haven't said for certain that he's the "number one contender after this match" combined with the general exposure he's gotten as of late makes me think they'll have him win the rumble, then go on a massive undefeated streak before an eventual clash with (spoiler!) the rock at wrestlemania.

Ok, it's official I honestly hate the Baltimore crowd and most of the northeastern cities they visit. Dead for most of the legends, but yet start a "Let's go Nikki" chant. I mean there were hints of life with stuff like the NAO and Punk, and at least they remembered the worm, but honestly I wish they would do Old School shows in like Chicago or some place we know will pop. I can honestly understand why the Colts left that place, Ravens fans are horrible at games, and at something like RAW. The crowd just doesn't respond well or isn't as pumped as other places.

I honestly wanted Barrett to shoot and instead of doing what he did (which I figured he'd do) actually criticize the crowd for how bad they were tonight. Especially that ending. I mean I guess it's hard to get pumped when you expect the same to happen every "Old School" show which more or less it did, but that ending, no one could have saw that coming with Jake. I'm honestly surprised they brought him back for an appearance, that I marked out. As well I do wish they showed some life for Too Cool, I mean that match wasn't so bad for it being one of the bring back legends so Slater can job, especially since Scotty and Brian are still in great shape. One other thing I wish they did instead of repeat with Lesnar/Henry and add the Big Show would have been to bring back Ken Shamrock/Steve Blackman and have Lesnar just go all out against both. I mean when Paul Heyman said no one in the back nor in MMA, since both guys actually did MMA it would have been a fun moment. Of course dead crowd wouldn't react but still, they could have saved what they did tonight for next week.

The only good thing about this night was the tag team match with The Brotherhood and The Real Americans, JBL's commentary was back to being funny more or less in some spots (I wish he would have referred to his "Big Show eats pizza promo and him standing down GODZILLA" when speaking Japanese), Road Dogg and Jake's surprise appearance. Oh and the fact Cena and Orton only made the show once, and no authority from what I can recall. That's honestly a plus. I know I'm wishing for a bit much, but the formula for these Old School RAW shows are just too predictable for me to care that it's just gonna be an average show. Especially when the only thing that worth noting was Jake returning and lol Ambrose's reaction to the snake as well as Ambrose's interaction for a bit with Piper.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

A nice Raw to have on the in background if you will. I really don't have anything else to say about it haha.

So even on WWE "Old School" Raw they can't lay off the social media pandering... At this point I bet that's too much to ask for even if it's coming from a Make a Wish kid. (Maybe that bald kid from the last airbender can help us out on this one)

But BY FAR the sourest note of the night was how Brock was booked. You're telling me that a guy who just demolished and disabled Mark Henry twice in a row of all people is going to back down from The Big Show? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE BIG SHOW? What an absolute joke! That was the lousiest booking decision since Twice in a Lifetime. Henry himself was stomping the giant out just a couple years back when he had the title not to mention Show just lost to Randy, and were supposed to believe Brock is championship material after retreating and getting tossed around by him like that?! It just makes no sense no matter how you look at it.

On a completely unrelated note Ryback actually had the best line of the night during the langston match: "Put a bra on the guy, jesus" lol.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 7th January 2014 at 10:43 AM.

I tried to watch Raw yesterday, and goodness I just got so bored I ended up leaving it on in the background and missed everything but the first and last segments, Lesnar being beaten up by Big Show, and some of the legends. And frankly, the only thing I can actually remember enjoying was Punk vs. Reigns.

Cena vs. Orton... this is the exact same feud those two had in 2009. Same dynamics and everything. If WWE's going to repeat a match they've done endlessly before, the least they can do is try and make it seem different. But I guess if they're having a match at the Royal Rumble, then it's just filler before WWE can start moving into the WrestleMania title program and it really doesn't matter. Still, watching those two interact is still as dull as it was before. I like Cena and all, but I'd be happy to never see him and Orton anywhere near each other again unless their next feud is radically different.

Lesnar and Show... I didn't like either of these guys when they fought in 2002/03, I don't particularly care for either of them now. So I'm certainly not interested in whatever might be brewing between them. I don't know if this will lead to a match or if it's just more hype for the Rumble (is Lesnar in that? I have no idea), but those two are boring to me.

Punk vs. Reigns... good match, and about the only highlight of a very uninteresting Raw.

Oh, I do remember laughing at Lesnar trying to hold back a loogie the whole Heyman promo, that was pretty funny. Between that an Ambrose, it was a good night for uncontrollable promo screwups.

$9.99/month, that was part of WWE's big announcement for the fact they are finally launching the WWE network. Honestly, watching that I'm still looking for the "extra" catches, but with all they showed. $9.99 a month or about $120/year for now, is what access to WWE Raw, SD, NXT, Superstars, all their PPVs past and upcoming, all their content from the golden era of Hogan to the Attitude era to now. That vast collection of wrestling libraries that WWE has been hoarding for years will now be archived for use and viewing. Not to leave out they said "Unedited, Uncut, and Uncensored" for all their archives. Though I bet they'll not have anything with Owen Hart or Chris Benoit on the network for their respective reasons that we all know about.

IF, big one, there are no real added incentives or anything for this type of a network to subscribe/pay for...WWE just take my money now.

Not to mention that they'll have Raw/SD at least if they manage to keep TV deals with USA network and Syfy, so not a lot to lose over, but still that sounds too good to be true.
    Last edited by celestial phantom; 9th January 2014 at 5:25 AM.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Page 247 of 294 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast