Page 248 of 299 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 7470

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Today toughness died, the very personification of brilliance, of the human spirit, a person whom I never met sadly but would have loved to. A person who's quite literally one of a kind and will probably stay that way forever. A legend among lambs, a mistress among men, today's the day the Goddess became extinct, rest in peace Johnnie Mae Young or as more popular known as simple Mae Young, March 12 1923- January 9 2014
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Also Kaitlynn left WWE.

Just sad news everywhere.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Today toughness died, the very personification of brilliance, of the human spirit, a person whom I never met sadly but would have loved to. A person who's quite literally one of a kind and will probably stay that way forever. A legend among lambs, a mistress among men, today's the day the Goddess became extinct, rest in peace Johnnie Mae Young or as more popular known as simple Mae Young, March 12 1923- January 9 2014
    She's not dead yet apparently. She kicked out at 2 and a half bah gawd, then got up and found a steel chair, then found the reporters who called her dead and gave 'em a chair shot to the back. Though I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing on and off reports about this until she does pass. Hospice care and being taken off life support...it's only a matter of time now. Indeed something good happens with the biggest surprise WWE's given us in a while in the form of Jake Roberts making a return, to sad news with Mae Young being on her deathbed basically and Kaitlyn leaving, to the big news of the WWE Network. Really random week of things happening.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8OG1qW7eAE

Hmm, I'm not sure what's more surprising to me. That I found out storyline advancement actually happens on shows not named Raw, or that Brodus Clay cut one f'n hell of a promo.

Well, nxt was pretty good. After her match with summer rae, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring up bailey to the main roster (at least for the "Be a star" thing). Match of the night had to have been the tag team tornado match, namely because it was the only match to last more than 3mins on the show and it made me want more of both of these teams/matches in general. Rarely do we ever see a main-event tag match on the higher shows that isn't 4 guys beating the -bzzt- out of eachother and more "the ambrose is connected to the punk, the punk is connected to the reigns, the reigns is connected to the usos, and that's why you should care about this match", for me a match like this could easily spark back up the currently third-class tag team division. As for the funniest/most awkward moment of the night, it easily goes to Kane's appearance. For some odd reason when he wears glasses/a suit he reminds me of Bill Nye the Science guy, which always makes me laugh a bit. If he came out/waved his arms to make the flames appear, then said "hydrogen combusts when exposed to open flame!", I would probably roll on the floor giggling. Also, after seeing their matches I am starting to hate Tyson Kidd and Alexander Rusev. Rusev uses the same 10 moves in each match, whereas Kidd seems to have inherited the same "why should we give a crap about this"-ism that has plagued everyone on the total divas show. Unless both of them get giant character/storyline changes, I doubt we'll see either one of these guys being anything more than low-card jobbers for the next year or so.
    Last edited by Mye; 10th January 2014 at 2:49 AM.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

I heard about Kaitlynn leaving WWE, and I just saw her match on Main Event against AJ Lee. The ending of it was perfect with AJ doing her leech hug on her, but it was ruined when Tamina kicked her. Farewell Kaitlynn. I'll always remember your feud with Vickie Guerrero.

As for Mae Young, she was a lot of fun whenever she appeared on RAW. I'll miss her coming out and having fun with the Wrestlers. Sad news.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Jesus ch***t Mae Young had her first match in 1939 and last one in 2010?!?! That's insane. The idea of someone wrestling before D-Day all the way up to just 3 years ago is absolutely mind blowing.

WHAT! She died!? I had no idea. Such a shame.
    Looking to get the following Pokemon:

Non Shiny Scraggy with egg moves Dragon Dance + Ice Punch. Moxie and Jolly nature. 0 EVs.
    Non Shiny Maril with egg moves Super Power + Aqua jet. Huge power and Admant nature. 0 EVs.
    Non Shiny Gilgar with hidden ability. Impish nature. 0 EVs.
    Non Shiny Charmander with egg move Dragon dance. Any ability, and Naive nature. 0 EVs.
    Non Shiny Ferroseed with egg moves Spikes + Stealth rocks. Relaxed nature. 0 EVs.

IVs do NOT matter to me.

Offering:

Protean Froakie with Pokerus. Timid nature.
    BulletProof Chespin with Pokerus. Impish nature. Also has egg moves Spikes and Synthesis.
    Speed Boost torchic. Jolly nature. with Pokerus.

Good god, she's not dead guys, it was a false report. And obviously leave it to wrestling fan's to jump on it quicker than a speeding bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Jesus ch***t Mae Young had her first match in 1939 and last one in 2010?!?! That's insane. The idea of someone wrestling before D-Day all the way up to just 3 years ago is absolutely mind blowing.
    The thought of anyone holding a job for that long, let alone a professional athlete one is pretty amazing if you think about it. Look at baseball/football/hockey for example: the average MALE player tends to retire at the age of 40, after roughly 19-22 years of playing. Mae Young (a FEMALE wrestler) did her job for 71 years, more than 3 AND A HALF TIMES that. Yes, a few of the latter matches in her career (the one in 2010 for example) may have been a bit kayfabe, but still, if you continue on with a career for this long chances are you have a passion for the business that none can match. Mae has and will always be an icon both in the wrestling industry and in general. Back when "Greats" like ric flair and hogan were pooping in diapers and sucking their thumbs, she was competing in matches and slowly becoming an inspiration for generations of women to follow. As she grew older, her influence surprisingly didn't fade in what is arguably a hit-or-miss kind of entertainment. Not only did she still compete in matches/legitimate feuds, but she also had notable storyline archs with the likes of Mark Henry, Vince McMahon, and nearly every diva in the attitude era. Yes, the divas division has been in disarray since 2007 (depending on whose "viewpoint" you believe), but much of that can be attributed to the horrid writing team/lack of time devoted to their matches. Vince and Triple H summed it up with their quote from the 2013 old-school episode of raw, "forever the divas champion".
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

I don't consider Mae Young a diva tbh. Diva is the term I refer to the women on the roster nowadays. The women of the past were real women with talent not just supermodels with little to no talent like most of today's women "wrestlers".

Btw is Daniel Bryan still just Daniel Bryan or did his name get tweaked to Daniel Bryan Wyatt, Daniel Wyatt, Daniel Bray Wyatt, etc?

Well, it's official: out of all the "major announcements" revolving around superstars returning/pioneers taking a turn for the worse, they manage to undercut it by going up their own rear ends and debuting a new television station. While the idea of an all-wwe station does sound appetizing, sorta, it a) comes at a time in which many of their fans, particularly in the states, probably can't afford it, b) comes at a time in which they've basically ruined their core fanbase by using gimmicks and bad scripts (not just with the divas), and c) doesn't exactly offer anything "more" that their current apps and shows already give. The fact they did the promo on smackdown, in the middle of the show, followed by an 8-man tag match involving 6 guys noone cares about shows that they clearly don't care about their brand and are basically in "cash-grab mode" right now. Either that or they bought into the 2013 mayan calendar hype and sold their business to a chauvanistic 8yr old. In either case, this is clearly what's "best for business".

I'm sure the 10$ a month is just an introductory price to get people on board early on. Expect it to get hiked up faster than Cena's world title resume.

Yeah she isn't dead. (The hell kind of person would state that someone was dead before checking first anyways?) Still we had Too Cool & Rikishi V 3MB in obviously the Match of the Millennium. (Because come on it's Too Cool & Rikishi V 3MB.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Yeah she isn't dead. (The hell kind of person would state that someone was dead before checking first anyways?) Still we had Too Cool & Rikishi V 3MB in obviously the Match of the Millennium. (Because come on it's Too Cool & Rikishi V 3MB.)
    The fact it is incredibly common to see celebrity death rumors happen before they die is pretty amazing. Look at MJ for example: months before his drug overdose, papers and magazines (most notably the new york times) had 3-page articles lined up with different "causes" of death/locations, just so that they could be the first to report it. In either case, I hope that wwe at least attempts to emphasize the divas division before the rumble (perhaps by bringing up paige/emma and having them start a feud with summer rae/aj?). Then on the off chance she does "go", she can do so knowing that the women of wwe are finally getting recognized/respected for the first time in 20 years.

Also, any match featuring Rikishi that doesn't have stink face is a horrible match, at least in my opinion. Kudos to Scotty though, the guy's pushing 50 yet can still breakdance/do moves that most guys can't do in their late 20s/early 30s.

Any match with Too Cool could be the greatest match ever.

Remember Cactus Jack, The Rock and Too Cool/Rikishi vs DX and the Radicalz? That **** was ****ing boss.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-koj9Uwdr4

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Any match with Too Cool could be the greatest match ever.

Remember Cactus Jack, The Rock and Too Cool/Rikishi vs DX and the Radicalz? That **** was ****ing boss.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-koj9Uwdr4
    I can't watch the link now but that's the Dallas match where Kane shows up at the end and starts cleaning house, right? One of my favorite Raw moments, ever.

Oh, I never commented on what I thought of old school RAW. How late of me. In short I was not impressed. The Big Show and Brock Lesnar showdown did remind me of 2002/2003 and all the feuds they had but today it's obvious who's going to win a match between them now. Big Show has no chance of winning. Daniel Wyatt Byran and the Wyatts lose their debut match? Why? I'm surprised that I'm starting to like Bad News Barret. It still won't make him a Main Eventer but it's entertaining and I'm getting a laugh every now and then. Oh and guess what? Ryback will probably challenge Big E. Langston for the IC Belt. Remember when Ryback was challenging Cena and Punk for the WWE Title? Yeah look at Ryback now. But then again look at Ziggler, Sandow, Barret, and other guys who should be higher up but are stuck in Midcard. I hope Langston can become a main event guy.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Kudos to Scotty though, the guy's pushing 50 yet can still breakdance/do moves that most guys can't do in their late 20s/early 30s.
    Apparently he went on to become/ still is a firefighter, so I wasn't surprised that he was in such remarkable shape.(They may have mentioned that on air, I caught only the last 30 or so segments of the segment)

On a side-note, should Lawler have been there, makes you wonder how he would have responded to Grand Master Sexay? Considering the last time we seen him, he cut like the best heel promo of the entire year on lawler lol

Well, raw is half-way done and we've seen the opening match become the main event, with Bill Nye the Science Guy holding the "only key to the cage". Also, John Cena had an amazing match with Damien Sandow that sorta makes you wish they actually continued the storyline rather than murdering Sandow's shot at a decent title reign for a boring orton/cena feud. Oh yeah, and the New Age Outlaws backed out on punk which (due to them wearing DX shirts) clearly points towards an evil DX reunion with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and "hopefully" X-Pac added into the mix.

The Kofi Kingston vs Orton match has to be the the best match of Raw. Kingston winning has is actually a good push for him in like how long..?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Hmm, it's a shame they had to go and ruin it with an attack of, wait, who did orton attack again? Ah, now I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Hmm, it's a shame they had to go and ruin it with an attack of, wait, who did orton attack again? Ah, now I know...

It seems like every time Cena's dad comes, he gets beaten by Orton (remember the punt?)
    Last edited by Dew Watatsumi; 14th January 2014 at 4:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post
    It seems like every time Cena's dad gets beaten by Orton (remember the punt?)
    That, and it happens in the most obvious fashion. I get that wwe wants to make this rivalry bigger, but after the first punt you have to think cena would learn not to give his faja front row seats to these things. And/or he was adopted as a kid and really enjoys seeing this.

I feel like that they could've had Bryan (Wyatt) Danielson be part of the Wyatt family for a bit longer. But one of you here did predict that he was doing this to mess with the Wyatts....

Page 248 of 299 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298 ... LastLast