Page 249 of 281 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 7024

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Ok, I HAVE to know what Renee's deal with Paul Heyman is. Seriously, has anyone noticed that she's interviewed him like 50 times already?
    ----------------------------------

I'm just glad he cut off that stupid ponytail. If I was John Cena's dad, I would tell him, "Son, I can't go to your wrestling things anymore. I'm tired of getting my *** kicked."
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Honestly I just found this out from last week, but I think this is pretty cool. Apparently during the game between Michigan State and Ohio State, they led the entire arena in the Daniel Bryan YES chant at half time, which apparently got noticed by ESPN since that is what the game was on and even made it onto the ESPN highlight show or something and D-Bry even got name dropped. I wanna see Orton or Cena pull this off, because I think WWE management honestly needs to take huge notice of how big two simple chants have been made by Bryan doing them week in and week out.

Overall, honestly another good RAW. I mean they really highlighted the Usos and the tag division tonight. That video half way through with the Usos was honestly pretty cool. I was hoping at the end Kane would join DB or hold off Harper and Rowan and we'd see a flash of a team hell no reunion or at least Kane still being on DB's side, but who knows that might still happen.

Kofi lol got a win over Orton...which really surprised me, but then Orton attacked Cena's dad for what...the 5th time already?

The Outlaws left Punk high and dry, but come on that was gonna happen at some point, but I honestly didn't think it'd happen this week. But, I expect Punk to be entrant #1 in the Rumble this year, and hope that honestly it seems that at least half the competitors make sense hearing their names in the rumble even if they are in midcard heck.

Pretty sure we're gonna see some teasing of a break up with the Rhodes brothers seeing as Goldust has "commented on the app" that he wants to pay Cody back for last year. Goldy vs Cody at Mania 30 in Goldy's swansong? I like it.

Oh hey we also got DIVAS...I.E. AJ pinned cameron (woo~), Naomi showing why they should take her seriously as a potential building block to the diva division, and an EMMA sighting~ I love Emma on NXT. Figured I wouldn't like her, but her ditzy/dancer gimmick has really grown on me, and she can perform moves well too! I hope they actually keep up on the diva stuff and are past this total diva vs. regular diva thing. Let AJ rub in she's won the maxim cover voting thing and end it already.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Cena's dad needs a restraining order from all these heel superstars that attack him. Orton's attacked him, Edge attacked him, sheesh. It's only enjoyable because of the reaction Cena gives, ha! But the beatdown didn't look that bad compared to what's been done to Mr. Cena in the past so the whole going to the hospital thing looked a bit much, but what do I know?

RAW was alright. The shocker of the night was Kofi defeating Randy Orton. Whoa! That's huge for current Kofi Kingston. He beat Randy Orton as the WWE World Champion. I'm expecting Kofi to later job to Orton either on Smackdown or the following RAW. Doesn't matter though. Kofi has a victory of Randy Orton in 2014. I'm sure Orton thinks that's "Stupid!"

I wasn't surprised that the Outlaws ditched CM Punk nor was I surprised Roman Reigns got the pinfall victory. He's the Shield member they are pushing and this fuels CM Punks future war with Triple H, which just has to be in the works for Wrestlemania. I hope Punk can beat Triple H this time like he should have done in 2011.

The Usos in the main event with the Wyatt Family was a good place to put them. I'm surprised these guys haven't been Tag Team Champions yet. Maybe at Wrestlemania. They are the dominate Tag Teams along with the Rhodes Brothers and the Shield, and I have a feeling the Shield will be feuding with themselves at mania or at least something with Roman Reigns. Overall a decent RAW. Rey Mysterio lost to Alberto Del Rio for the 100th time too.

And hey that's cool about the Daniel Bryan chants with the Michigan State Students. Now that's a main eventer for WWE.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Ok, I HAVE to know what Renee's deal with Paul Heyman is. Seriously, has anyone noticed that she's interviewed him like 50 times already?
    To be fair, he did sorta bring her into WWE. If he didn't notice her bubbly personality, she'd still be on aftermath with Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post

Overall, honestly another good RAW. I mean they really highlighted the Usos and the tag division tonight. That video half way through with the Usos was honestly pretty cool. I was hoping at the end Kane would join DB or hold off Harper and Rowan and we'd see a flash of a team hell no reunion or at least Kane still being on DB's side, but who knows that might still happen.
    I'm personally annoyed that they didn't wait until the rumble (or any ppv) to do this. Yes, the usos did get a GIANT boost, but it still leaves DB stuck in a circular feud with the wyatts rather than in a title hunt. DB will win over Bray at the rumble, and I would not be surprised if all 4 of them go on a massive tear in the actual rumble match, assuming all four of them enter.

Kofi lol got a win over Orton...which really surprised me, but then Orton attacked Cena's dad for what...the 5th time already?
    One word: balance. Orton needs a loss to make himself seem more vulnerable against odds-on favourite cena, Kofi is hands down their greatest mid-card solo competitor right now, who could easily be in a US title match. Together, you get perfect balance.

Pretty sure we're gonna see some teasing of a break up with the Rhodes brothers seeing as Goldust has "commented on the app" that he wants to pay Cody back for last year. Goldy vs Cody at Mania 30 in Goldy's swansong? I like it.
    Agreed. The rhodes brothers have, to me, been more 'filler champions' than impact ones. If Goldust does turn heel, it'd only be appropriate for his brother to receive the "boost" with that. On the other hand, I've always wanted to see Goldust's last match be against Booker T due to my fondness of their team.
    Oh hey we also got DIVAS...I.E. AJ pinned cameron (woo~), Naomi showing why they should take her seriously as a potential building block to the diva division, and an EMMA sighting~ I love Emma on NXT. Figured I wouldn't like her, but her ditzy/dancer gimmick has really grown on me, and she can perform moves well too! I hope they actually keep up on the diva stuff and are past this total diva vs. regular diva thing. Let AJ rub in she's won the maxim cover voting thing and end it already.
    Until Naomi drops the whole "dancing" gimmick or stops valet'ing for Xavier Woods, it'll be tough to take her seriously as a true competitor. I expect this feud to last to the rumble, with Tamina turning face on AJ to try and keep things interesting there. Also, aren't divas banned from posing in those kinds of magazines? I remember hearing something about Ashley/Maria being booted out of WWE for doing something similar.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    To be fair, he did sorta bring her into WWE. If he didn't notice her bubbly personality, she'd still be on aftermath with Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas
    Hmm, I didn't know that, I assumed she was just another model WWE picked up after looking through a catalog. Guess that explains her actual interest in the company.

Agreed. The rhodes brothers have, to me, been more 'filler champions' than impact ones.
    I utterly disagree. Much like Hell No, they won the titles off the heels of an incredibly hot storyline, and the coast they've been on has done something the shield did not remotely do, and that's bring credibility back to the titles. When the shield held the titles, it was to promote the shield, not the titles.

I absolutely love how the are handling the Rhodes right now, and the team who wins roughly 60% of the time, but are still beatable. From a kayfabe perspective, it's the most perfect booking I've seen in years.

I mean, they should lose the titles relatively soon, but hopefully they won't just break up aftewards. If WWE could recapture the Dudley/hardy/EandC triangle via usos/rhodes/swags+cesaro, I would be all for it.

Punk and Bryan should be main eventing Wrestlemania. We all know that will never happen though....

If Batista wins the Royal Rumble no one should be surprised. I don't hate Batista, but he's had his time. Let Punk, Bryan, or a younger superstar win it.

Apparently the talk is having Batista vs Randy Orton for the championship headlining the show....That doesn't excite me at all.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 14th January 2014 at 7:47 PM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Until Naomi drops the whole "dancing" gimmick or stops valet'ing for Xavier Woods, it'll be tough to take her seriously as a true competitor. I expect this feud to last to the rumble, with Tamina turning face on AJ to try and keep things interesting there. Also, aren't divas banned from posing in those kinds of magazines? I remember hearing something about Ashley/Maria being booted out of WWE for doing something similar.
    I agree, but she does have athleticism that the other girls really don't, which is why I hope they do something with it. She can easily be a girl that chases the Divas title and can make AJ look (hopefully) better in a match with an aerial type of style while AJ tries to ground her with a technical base. Also, Kelly Kelly was on the cover of Maxim and posed for it back in like late 2011 which WWE promoted, plus it was just a vote that AJ won like 80% of the votes for people wanting to see her on the cover and stuff (wwe and aj is just that powerful). If she actually does it/they let her do it, maybe it can be a way to end this pointless diva/total diva thing. At least I hope.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Punk and Bryan should be main eventing Wrestlemania. We all know that will never happen though....

If Batista wins the Royal Rumble no one should be surprised. I don't hate Batista, but he's had his time. Let Punk, Bryan, or a younger superstar win it.

Apparently the talk is having Batista vs Randy Orton for the championship headlining the show....That doesn't excite me at all.
    Batista may or may not win the Royal Rumble this year. It would be to obvious if he did. It reminds me of when RVD returned for...was it Money in the Bank last year? Yeah, he returned and didn't win the Mitb briefcase. I know I shouldn't compare the two because I expect Batista to be in main event feuds and to win the Title at least once. The guys who I can see winning would be Batista, Daniel Bryan, or...that's really about it. I don't expect CM Punk to win, I expect someone working for Triple H to screw him over. I would maybe throw in Roman Reigns?

Well...it's actually happened this time, Mae Young has passed on. 90 years old and about 70 years around the wrestling world, not many people can actually boast that...that's honestly damn impressive. I hope this coming Monday they give her a proper salute and tribute video.

As far as the Rumble is concerned, I can't see Batista winning it, he's just there to bolster it this year and make it seem bigger. He'll probably be one of the later 25-30 entrants, but if he wins I'm going to be seriously disappointed. If this is his "one last run" and not a do 3 months and leave thing, I'm fine with him potentially winning it down the line if a good feud comes of it, but Punk/Bryan should win the rumble, if not some dark horse (with Punk's contract being up around summer this year, and WWE now reporting Daniel Bryan having a concussion from last night's raw). Oh who am I kidding the best bets for any dark horse winning would be Sheamus or Batista if the former's are true and them going a safe option. I mean the rumble can be used to set up so many pre-existing things that can be used for mania season.

My wishlist coming out of this rumble if at all possible:
    - Punk or Bryan wins under the right circumstances
    - Goldy eliminates Cody to set up future mania match (last year had a great possible set up)
    - Reigns, Brodus Clay (dat main event playa), Big E to have good showings of strength which would help them get over more
    - An Evan Bourne surprise return (It's been about 2 years now right? He's gotta have healed)
    - Cesaro going beast mode and ham with the Cesaro swing and mockingly knocking everyone over the ropes using someone as a weapon.
    - An obligatory Kofi spot where he gets knocked over the ropes, only to kick off the apron, double backflip and start gliding all over the arena until he's back into the middle of the ring and hurricanrana the guy who tried to eliminate him over the ropes. (Gotta run out of ideas for him sometime)

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post

My wishlist coming out of this rumble if at all possible:
    - Punk or Bryan wins under the right circumstances
    - Goldy eliminates Cody to set up future mania match (last year had a great possible set up)
    - Reigns, Brodus Clay (dat main event playa), Big E to have good showings of strength which would help them get over more
    - An Evan Bourne surprise return (It's been about 2 years now right? He's gotta have healed)
    - Cesaro going beast mode and ham with the Cesaro swing and mockingly knocking everyone over the ropes using someone as a weapon.
    - An obligatory Kofi spot where he gets knocked over the ropes, only to kick off the apron, double backflip and start gliding all over the arena until he's back into the middle of the ring and hurricanrana the guy who tried to eliminate him over the ropes. (Gotta run out of ideas for him sometime)
    Realistically, I doubt we'll see Punk/Bryan/Cena winning the rumble. Punk is headed toward a Kane/Triple H feud, Bryan is "hopefully" going to rejoin Kane in a hellno vs wyatt feud (with kane being forced to choose between his job and his "friends"), and if Cena wins I'm pretty sure the entire WWE audience will throw tomatos. For some odd reason I can easily see Brock winning, with Cesaro turning face half-way through the match by using the swing on someone/eliminating swagger by hitting him with said person. Out of all of it though, I would really enjoy the corporation to get massively involved (ie: kane/new age outlaws/orton/shield all in the ring together) only to have all their superstars get eliminated by some of the underused faces (xavier woods, 3MB, Sami Zayn should he debut in the rumble). Then we could see a plethoria of unique storylines that'd make the tag team/alternative championships seem a bit more coveted and worth obtaining.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D

Rest in peace Mae Young. I hope she receives a tribute on RAW she obviously deserves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Batista may or may not win the Royal Rumble this year. It would be to obvious if he did. It reminds me of when RVD returned for...was it Money in the Bank last year? Yeah, he returned and didn't win the Mitb briefcase. I know I shouldn't compare the two because I expect Batista to be in main event feuds and to win the Title at least once. The guys who I can see winning would be Batista, Daniel Bryan, or...that's really about it. I don't expect CM Punk to win, I expect someone working for Triple H to screw him over. I would maybe throw in Roman Reigns?
    Yeah your right. Same scenario with RVD, and RVD never won Money In The Bank. Hopefully your right, WWE should use the rumble win on another WWE superstar. Batista can still wrestle at Wrestlemania obviously, but let someone else win the Royal Rumble. I would love to see Daniel Bryan, Cm Punk, or any member of the Shield win. I'm guessing Roman Reigns will be the member that gets the biggest push in the rumble so he has a great chance. As you said I doubt Cm Punk does now but i'll stay hopeful that he does. He will come close to winning and get screwed over most likely. He is most likely gonna feud with Triple H and have a match with him at Wrestlemania. I hope Punk gets to main event at least one Wrestlemania in the next year or so. He's teased retiring in the next couple years.

1693 1038 1902

I'll never understand why people want Punk Vs. Bryan so much. They've already feuded for like three months, and all of their matches have been terrible.

In addition it does nothing for either superstar...

I'll never understand why people want Punk Vs. Bryan so much. They've already feuded for like three months, and all of their matches have been terrible.

In addition it does nothing for either superstar...
    Just because you think the matches were terrible doesn't mean everyone else thinks the matches were terrible, but just like everyone else your entitled to your opinion and so am I. Who knows maybe everyone will get their wish and see Cena vs Orton in the main event instead. In my opinion I would rather watch Punk vs Bryan. Both wrestlers deserve to main event the show at some point. They don't even have to face each other. You don't gotta worry about that match happening though, because most likely we will get to see Triple H beat Punk at Mania this year. Unless they actually let Punk beat Triple H this time.

Most likely Orton will be in the main event defending the title, and it will probably be against Batista, or who knows maybe Cena will be champion at the time headlining the show once again....

Maybe Brock Lesnar will win the title and defend it in the main event at Wrestlemania? Who knows. If I was a betting man I would venture to say either Orton or Cena will be champion headlining the show.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 16th January 2014 at 4:39 AM.

1693 1038 1902

RVD won the 2006 MITB...

Just because you think the matches were terrible doesn't mean everyone else thinks the matches were terrible, but just like everyone else your entitled to your opinion and so am I.
    Well, you'd be the first person I've met to have liked them then. They weren't terrible per se, but for better or worse, there is no way they could live up the hype of a match between the biggest indy legends.

They don't even have to face each other.
    Well, yeah, that I'm fine with. They are just in two different spots right now. Bryan needs to have a match that makes him the absolute top face of the company, Punk however is in a position to be putting newer talent over, not going over himself. A match between the two wouldn't fill either of those conditions, even if Bryan won.

I'd rather see Taker vs DB.

I mean, why the **** not?

Well, yeah, that I'm fine with. They are just in two different spots right now. Bryan needs to have a match that makes him the absolute top face of the company, Punk however is in a position to be putting newer talent over, not going over himself. A match between the two wouldn't fill either of those conditions, even if Bryan won.
    Yeah, they don't even have to face each other. I know Punks in a position to be putting talent over, but come on! He deserves to main event at least one Wrestlemania. It's bogus that Cena gets to main event so many Wrestlemanias, and Punk hasn't even gotten to main event one. Heck, even the Miz got to main event Wrestlemania 27 with Cena.....

As for Bryan I could see him facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania, but the match outcome would be very obvious ( I know shocker right lol)

I just don't see the streak ending. If Undertaker was facing Cena, then maybe it wouldn't be so obvious of a match outcome I suppose. If Daniel Bryan ended up beating Undertaker that would make him the absolute top face of the company, but I doubt WWE let's him end the streak.

1693 1038 1902

Yeah, they don't even have to face each other. I know Punks in a position to be putting talent over, but come on! He deserves to main event at least one Wrestlemania. It's bogus that Cena gets to main event so many Wrestlemanias, and Punk hasn't even gotten to main event one. Heck, even the Miz got to main event Wrestlemania 27 with Cena.....
    Well, Miz was white hot when he got his shot, I've no complaints about that. And personally, while Punk does indeed deserve a main event match, I think he's probably best used in the "Big, non title match", i.e. Randy vs. Kane, Randy vs. Punk, etc. the past couple years.

I just don't see the streak ending. If Undertaker was facing Cena, then maybe it wouldn't be so obvious of a match outcome I suppose. If Daniel Bryan ended up beating Undertaker that would make him the absolute top face of the company, but I doubt WWE let's him end the streak.
    Yeah, there were only two times the streak could potentially be broken. The first is Shawn Michaels retirement match, and to a lesser degree Trip's shot at preventing Taker from reaching 20-0

If WWE wanted to instill any kind of doubt in peoples minds, it would have to be against Cena when Taker is going for his 25 win, with a retirement stipulation.

Why? Unless you're saying Cena should end the Streak because there's no way Cena's leaving that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Why? Unless you're saying Cena should end the Streak because there's no way Cena's leaving that soon.
    Well by that time Cena will be pretty much pushing 40 if Taker is still trying to come back for the next 3-4 years and they continue the streak. Though by that time I wouldn't even wanna see a Taker vs. Cena for the streak match. 40 year old Cena vs. 53-ish year old Taker is something I really don't want to see if it's a train wreck. I'd rather them do it this year or next if at all possible. As well either this year or next they really need to push some new blood to the Mania Main Event just like they did with WM 21 where we saw the rises of Cena and Batista, pretty sure this year or next is gonna be a make or break for new stars to go over older ones.

With the rumble coming up in a little over a week I thought it'd be a fun thing to try and guess the spots of the rumble entrants since we know about two-thirds of entrants now anyway.

Spoiler:- Listing Stuff:

Can't see too many surprise returns this year or nostalgia ones either. I mean unless they do go through with adding Jake the Snake for a run in for around the time Ambrose is in the rumble, but nothing springs to mind honestly. Heck, I even left out 3MB, Matadors 1 and 2 and the bull...maybe next year little torito.

Well, Miz was white hot when he got his shot, I've no complaints about that. And personally, while Punk does indeed deserve a main event match, I think he's probably best used in the "Big, non title match", i.e. Randy vs. Kane, Randy vs. Punk, etc. the past couple years.

Yeah, there were only two times the streak could potentially be broken. The first is Shawn Michaels retirement match, and to a lesser degree Trip's shot at preventing Taker from reaching 20-0

If WWE wanted to instill any kind of doubt in peoples minds, it would have to be against Cena when Taker is going for his 25 win, with a retirement stipulation.
    I kinda thought Randy Orton had a chance with the whole 'Legend Killer' gimmick. At the time the Undertakers streak wasn't the massive main attraction it is now and Orton was a young heel beating everyone. I do agree about Shawn Michaels. If anyone was going to do it I thought it would be Shawn Michaels. John Cena is the only guy left I could see them teasing to beat Taker at mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    I never said Cena wins.... I said those conditions: John Cena, a memorable "numbered" match, and a big stipulation, would be the only way to instill any kind of doubt in the minds of people like us. The number isn't that important, but who has a streak with a random like 23 lol

And that's not say taker couldn't just retire afterwards anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I kinda thought Randy Orton had a chance with the whole 'Legend Killer' gimmick. At the time the Undertakers streak wasn't the massive main attraction it is now and Orton was a young heel beating everyone. I do agree about Shawn Michaels. If anyone was going to do it I thought it would be Shawn Michaels. John Cena is the only guy left I could see them teasing to beat Taker at mania.
    I admit I don't remember that time too well, I don't even think I've seen the match. Along this same vein, I was going to mention Edge as a possible candidate. At least at the time, it would be a logical decision to have him go over, as they'd have a younger guy with a streak to defend at mania....Though who would have ever though edge would retire before taker lol

Randy Orton was interesting because that was the first time they really started hyping “the Streak” (it had been mentioned before, but it wasn’t the selling point of the match), so it seemed like a perfect time for them to end it since there were no actual stakes attached. In the long run, though, it was a good thing and contributed to what, to this day, is still one of Orton’s best feuds.

I didn’t think Edge had a chance, though, just because he was a heel already on a long (well, long for one of Edge’s reigns, anyway...) title run and had already screwed Undertaker twice before. The last time I really thought the Streak was in danger was Batista at WrestleMania 23, just because he was right up there with Cena at that time. After then, I don’t think I ever seriously thought anyone was going to beat ‘Taker before WrestleMania.

The selling point for me is what happens during the match itself. In each of the matches after Edge (sans Punk, ‘cause I haven’t seen that one) there’s always a point where, for just a moment, it really does look like the Streak is over.

Well, Smackdown started rather oddly. The new age outlaws beat the tag champs via a "roll up with the tights grabbed". For me, this short feud is WWE's way of trying to shift the titles from one boring tag team to the usos while allowing the current heel tag-teams (shield, wyatts, real americans) to maintain momentum. New age outlaws will win at the royal rumble, then lose to either the usos (or hopefully ambrose/rollins) in a fatal four way tag team match at elimination chamber.

Also, eva marie did a 20second intro for a match between ADR and Rey Mysterio. Seeing as I find ADR boring without ricardo, rey mysterio to be boring in general (no est moonsaults, no est bueno), and eva marie to basically be a complete insult to the divas division and women in general, you can understand why I didn't watch the match afterwards...

Page 249 of 281 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast