Page 250 of 300 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 7498

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I never said Cena wins.... I said those conditions: John Cena, a memorable "numbered" match, and a big stipulation, would be the only way to instill any kind of doubt in the minds of people like us. The number isn't that important, but who has a streak with a random like 23 lol

And that's not say taker couldn't just retire afterwards anyway.

I admit I don't remember that time too well, I don't even think I've seen the match. Along this same vein, I was going to mention Edge as a possible candidate. At least at the time, it would be a logical decision to have him go over, as they'd have a younger guy with a streak to defend at mania....Though who would have ever though edge would retire before taker lol
    Well when you get a bad neck injury that will shorten your Wrestling run. I still miss Edge

Anyway Taker vs Orton at mania happened in 2005 I believe. He wasn't with Evolution anymore but he still had the Legend Killer gimmick and he already had beaten a lot of big name guys like Shawn Micheals, Mick Foley, he beat all three Dudley Boys back to back, RVD, Scott Steiner, and day in and day out he would punk out any Hall of Fame WWE legend that was in the building. So there was plenty of build up for Randy Orton as a future main eventer and I actually thought he stood a chance at beating Taker at mania because of all this.

As far as this years Royal Rumble goes, the names most people are bringing up are Batista, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Roman Reigns. Just watch WWE bring back Sheamus and have him win the whole thing just to mess with everyone's predictions. XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

So this seems to be kind of what's being discussed here, so I thought I'd add it. At another site I visit, we started postulating what our ideal Wrestlemania XXX card would be. Here is mine:

World Heavyweight title match: Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk. This should be the Rock/Austin of our generation. Time to get it started. Either of these guys could win the Rumble, and the other could win the belt in the Elimination Chamber.

IC/US title unification match: Big E Langston vs. Dean Ambrose. The US belt is irrelevant now, and they seem to want to push Big E. Unifying these belts would give him a rep.

Tag Titles match: Something with 3 or 4 teams involved. RhodesDust vs. the Wyatt Family vs. Reigns/Rollins vs. the Usos or something. And make it an elimination match. And give them enough time to work with. Twenty minutes at least. SELL US THE TAG DIVISION.

John Cena vs. The Undertaker. I agree with [another poster at this other forum]. The idea that Taker is going to ever give a young guy the rub is a pipe dream, so you might as well have this match. They'd push each other super hard and it'd be really good.

Randy Orton vs. Batista. In my IDEAL card, at least one of these guys would have the night off. But that won't happen, might as well throw them at each other. Batista costs Orton the belt at Elimination Chamber, so they feud here.

Anything else... Eh, I don't care. I guess I want Fandango to go over someone. Let's say... Brock Lesnar. Why not, it's my ideal card.
    Last edited by Sid87; 18th January 2014 at 7:53 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Well, it's less than a week until the rumble, and technically a week until the "ppv calendar" resets. I'd may as well offer my predictions, or rather what I "hope" will happen between now and the 2015 royal rumble:

-Daniel Bryan joins the corporation/turns heel: for a while now, DB has been one of those guys who the audience has supported entirely. Despite the fact he lacked a decent title run (not involving kane) in 2013, literally every audience was shouting yes and pointing their fingers in the air even when he wasn't in the ring or on screen. He's seemingly done everything and nothing at the same time, and I'm pretty sure the audience could use a change. A decent run as a villain would allow the audience to support other, lesser known faces (perhaps giving ziggler a chance to shine) all while giving the corporation more momentum as a heel faction and "hopefully" seeing a reuniting of team hell no in a more deceptive role.

-NXT goes live, main-show titles switch hands on it: in my eyes, NXT has remained the only consistently good show WWE has produced over the past 6 months. With superstars like Cesaro/Natalya joining in on storylines featuring their surprisingly deep pool of talented rookies, my thursday afternoons have rarely been boring and my hatred of the WWE main-show writing staff has gone virtually unchanged. If they truly want to expand on this though, then having main-show titles switch hands on NXT would definitely be a good start. Imagine seeing Cesaro win the IC title off Big-E, only to lose it to NXT champion Leo Kruger. With something like this happening, adding/removing people from the main roster would be incredibly easy, not to mention the fact that it'd give them a huge edge upon debuting.

-Fandango gets a tag team partner, wins championships with him: ever since Fandango has debuted, I've hated him entirely. From his gimmick-laden dance routine to his use of Summer Rae as a "prop" to his just general lack of in-ring talent/"total divas" appearances, he's had about as much appeal to me as BDJ in a borat-bikini. Despite all this, I think he still has a shot to be at least something in this business, notably as a Jack Swagger kind of guy who elevates the people around him. A partner like Tyler Breeze would do wonders for both of them, as it'd allow Fandango to maintain his current role while giving the WWE universe another self-absorbed heel faction to loathe assuming the real americans/shield split up. That, and I would love to see the combined entrance music of those two.

There, those are my top 3 predictions for 2014. As for what I would most love to see come out of a PPV this year, roll it monkeys!

~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Raw should be good with the return of the animal Bautista though I don't think Bryan will have much a role tonight because of his concussion.

And at the weekend WWE offered refunds to the fans because Bran couldn't wrestle. Last time they did that was when Cena was injured.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Well, it's less than a week until the rumble, and technically a week until the "ppv calendar" resets. I'd may as well offer my predictions, or rather what I "hope" will happen between now and the 2015 royal rumble:

-Daniel Bryan joins the corporation/turns heel: for a while now, DB has been one of those guys who the audience has supported entirely. Despite the fact he lacked a decent title run (not involving kane) in 2013, literally every audience was shouting yes and pointing their fingers in the air even when he wasn't in the ring or on screen. He's seemingly done everything and nothing at the same time, and I'm pretty sure the audience could use a change. A decent run as a villain would allow the audience to support other, lesser known faces (perhaps giving ziggler a chance to shine) all while giving the corporation more momentum as a heel faction and "hopefully" seeing a reuniting of team hell no in a more deceptive role.
    Daniel Bryan JUST had a short run as a heel, and WWE had no choice but to abort it because the audiences LOVE him. There is no chance whatsoever he goes heel in the near future. And WWE doesn't need to let other faces shine (especially someone as middling and forgettable as Ziggler); they need to make Bryan the man--the Hogan/Austin/Cena of this era.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/led-ww...l-wyatt-plans/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/did-mic...0564--spt.html

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/big-pl...mania-network/

Just a couple of articles referencing how WWE aborted the DB/Wyatt angle prematurely because they FINALLY realized what they have on their hands with Bryan.
    Last edited by Sid87; 21st January 2014 at 3:01 AM.

Honestly, I think he should just be build up as a huge face over turning heel. He doesn't need it, the fans love him, and overall I think it'd be better to watch him as a face overcoming obstacles in different ways (hopefully) than the usual Cena scheme.

-NXT goes live, main-show titles switch hands on it: in my eyes, NXT has remained the only consistently good show WWE has produced over the past 6 months. With superstars like Cesaro/Natalya joining in on storylines featuring their surprisingly deep pool of talented rookies, my thursday afternoons have rarely been boring and my hatred of the WWE main-show writing staff has gone virtually unchanged. If they truly want to expand on this though, then having main-show titles switch hands on NXT would definitely be a good start. Imagine seeing Cesaro win the IC title off Big-E, only to lose it to NXT champion Leo Kruger. With something like this happening, adding/removing people from the main roster would be incredibly easy, not to mention the fact that it'd give them a huge edge upon debuting.
    I half agree on these. If I heard right the first NXT on the network will actually air live, so that is something to look forward to. I don't really want to see main title changes like the US/IC/Tag or Divas title really because well, if guys on the main roster can't beat the guy, but some rookies can...what does that say about the main roster guys? Especially, if they don't do anything with the NXT guy who wins the title. Now, I don't mind using a non-title loss to some of these rookies to fuel future feuds, but I don't want to see main title changes. Furthering a story could be used. Champion/Wrestler loses to rookie, gets berated by friends/enemies, rookie gets hype for the win, original loser gets revenge, rookie gets saved in post match/attacks by some main level guy, champion/wrestler now feuds with the savior. Simple process, and I feel something I'd rather see than main titles change on the "Developmental" show.

-Fandango gets a tag team partner, wins championships with him: ever since Fandango has debuted, I've hated him entirely. From his gimmick-laden dance routine to his use of Summer Rae as a "prop" to his just general lack of in-ring talent/"total divas" appearances, he's had about as much appeal to me as BDJ in a borat-bikini. Despite all this, I think he still has a shot to be at least something in this business, notably as a Jack Swagger kind of guy who elevates the people around him. A partner like Tyler Breeze would do wonders for both of them, as it'd allow Fandango to maintain his current role while giving the WWE universe another self-absorbed heel faction to loathe assuming the real americans/shield split up. That, and I would love to see the combined entrance music of those two.
    Everyone doing the "Fandango" dance while chanting, "Breeze is gorgeous" would be funny to see. Honestly looking at the roster...the WWE are seriously lacking a midcard right now, but adding them to the Tag Division wouldn't be too bad. Though it would be weird trying to see them mesh at least entrance music wise. If we're going to make suggestions for tag or call up additions, Damien Sandow and Aiden English could make for interesting viewing as well as in-ring action. Also, 6 months please come and go and let's get The Realest Guys In The Room called up.

As for my wishes between now and 2015, I really want them to get guys involved more in the midcard. Ambrose, Cesaro, Langston, Barrett, Slater, Mcintyre?, Gabriel, Rollins, Reigns, Cara, Kidd, and get some calls ups for singles action like Sami Zayn, Kruger, and Graves. Last time the US title was defended...was like October I think. Guys like Del Rio, Mysterio, Ziggler, Sandow, Kofi, and Miz can all stick around midcard level at times too when they got nothing and make the titles seem bigger and no one will bat an eye if they are hanging with big main eventers at any given time after they participate in a few matches or anything or help further the importance of a belt.

As well get some divas called up. Paige and Emma would bolster the devoid talent that is being shown, let Summer do her thing with Sasha on the main roster, and maybe think about calling Bayley up.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Daniel Bryan JUST had a short run as a heel, and WWE had no choice but to abort it because the audiences LOVE him. There is no chance whatsoever he goes heel in the near future. And WWE doesn't need to let other faces shine (especially someone as middling and forgettable as Ziggler); they need to make Bryan the man--the Hogan/Austin/Cena of this era.

Just a couple of articles referencing how WWE aborted the DB/Wyatt angle prematurely because they FINALLY realized what they have on their hands with Bryan.
    See, I disagree with that notion entirely, and it comes off of basic logic: when you subtract one known substance from one unknown substance, whatever remains can then be used to determine the unknown substance. Prior to a few weeks ago, WWE knew how good Daniel Bryan was/how hated the corporation was, but didn't know how much momentum the wyatts had/what the audience thought of them. Insert Daniel Bryan into the mix, and it became evident that the wyatts had a lot of hype but noone was truly that interested in them, at least compared to one of the most over guys in the business. Do I think they still have a shot at making something in this business? Yes, but barely. In order for the wyatts to truly be seen as a top-tier threat, they need to go back to their NXT roots and scare the hell out of every man woman and child. Only then, will the audience finally care about their antics and they'll be seen as both creepy and scary rather than just weird.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D

I'm struggling to give a f*** about any of the current feuds but why is Randy still carrying around two belts?!

See, I disagree with that notion entirely, and it comes off of basic logic: when you subtract one known substance from one unknown substance, whatever remains can then be used to determine the unknown substance. Prior to a few weeks ago, WWE knew how good Daniel Bryan was/how hated the corporation was, but didn't know how much momentum the wyatts had/what the audience thought of them. Insert Daniel Bryan into the mix, and it became evident that the wyatts had a lot of hype but noone was truly that interested in them, at least compared to one of the most over guys in the business. Do I think they still have a shot at making something in this business? Yes, but barely. In order for the wyatts to truly be seen as a top-tier threat, they need to go back to their NXT roots and scare the hell out of every man woman and child. Only then, will the audience finally care about their antics and they'll be seen as both creepy and scary rather than just weird.
    Well, I don't get what that has to do with Bryan being a heel, but I'll somewhat disagree. I think the Wyatts are substantially over. They are kind of being misused, but people still respond to them, and if you follow any relevant online communities, most people there dig them. I mean, I agree with you that they should be given a somewhat different role than what they have (I think they should actually be abducting/brainwashing people into joining them; they abducted Kane, but that went nowhere as far as the Wyatts are concerned, and Bryan joined them voluntarily, but it was just a ruse), but I don't think they need a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Well, I don't get what that has to do with Bryan being a heel, but I'll somewhat disagree. I think the Wyatts are substantially over. They are kind of being misused, but people still respond to them, and if you follow any relevant online communities, most people there dig them. I mean, I agree with you that they should be given a somewhat different role than what they have (I think they should actually be abducting/brainwashing people into joining them; they abducted Kane, but that went nowhere as far as the Wyatts are concerned, and Bryan joined them voluntarily, but it was just a ruse), but I don't think they need a boost.
    It all has to do with "what would it take for bryan to become a believable heel?". If Daniel Bryan became a wyatt, and the audience gave little reaction to either of them, then a heel-turn by joining the corporation would arguably give little reaction. Because the audience gave the same reaction to bryan becoming a heel as they did to when he was a face, you can probably say for certain that it'll require arguably the biggest heel in the business for him to become a believable one (ie: the corporation). As far as the wyatts are concerned, I'm still sorta confused as to what the WWE wants to do with them. When they first debuted in july, they started following a trend that consisted of "wyatts go after a guy, beat him in a ppv, guy then becomes the opposite of what he normally is". This continued on from kane to corporate kane, douchey 3mb to funny 3mb, and even from light-hearted kofi to more serious/pissed off kofi. When they shifted to the higher-cards, WWE inexplicably chose to have them lose to Punk and Bryan not apparently realizing that a loss to their faction would hurt the audience's opinion of them heavily. Since then, they've pretty much remained neutral, and with there being no reliable faces in the divas divison that aren't newcomers we can effectively eliminate the possibility of seeing them brainwash/expand into the entire roster anytime soon.

Also, after seeing last night's raw I'm extremely confused. Yes, the episode was horrible and featured a ton of random things (notably the ending that featured Cena in the audience), but did they really need to do a "Martin Luther King Jr. day" episode like that? They promoted the same african american people in each segment (obama, muhammad ali, nelson mandela) and failed to truly capitalize on all this day had to offer. Hopefully when black history month rolls around in february, they can do something more than self-promoting and actually do something original (perhaps a nation of domination reunion?).
    Last edited by Mye; 21st January 2014 at 5:14 PM.

I saw Batista's return last night and I have to say, it wasn't bad but I was expecting more. It didn't leave me shaking like Brock Lesnar's 2012 return or when Chris Jericho returned in 2007. I guess the leak of his return kinda ruined it. Still, welcome back Batista. RAW was alright. We learned the New Age Outlaws are going to battle the Rhodes brothers for the Tag Belts. I'll only like Billy Gunn as a Tag Team Champion if his partner is Chuck XD

AJ Lee got beat by one of the Funkadactlys I don't recall which one. Daniel Bryan's feud with the Wyatt Family is actually starting to bore me, but at least he's still really over with the crowd. Looks like CM Punk will be entering a mini feud with Kane before Wrestlemania. Big Show and Brock Lesnar had a program hyping their match. I was worried about the main event Randy Orton vs Kofi. I thought for sure Kofi was going to do the job after his glorious win last week, but thankfully that didn't happen. John Cena came out, beat up Orton and chased him out of the arena. The ending to that was weird. After Orton got into that car I thought someone was going to jump Cena from behind during that long pause and on his way back to the arena. Nope, he just went all the way back, his music plays and that is the end. Whatever.

It was sad about Mae Young, but I liked the tribute they gave her. You will be missed Mae Young! Overall RAW wasn't that bad. I just wish Batista's return was better. Even the crowd were not that loud at first for him.

What a terrible crowd that was! You could have 100 dollar bills falling from the sky and they wouldn't bat an eye.

I did really enjoy Kane's stuff though. He was a bit stiff in his promo with Maddox, but you could tell he was enjoying his first promo in front of a crowd where he got to show a new personality for like the first time in 15 years.
    ----------------------------------

So not a good Raw. Batista return just wasn't that much (crowd being dead didn't help) having him come out first thing was pointless.

Cena ending the show before the Royal Rumble was never a good idea especially done as weak as that. Oh look Cena beats up Ortan and does a dumb chase through the building before he gets away then Cena poses to end the show. Real weak.

Punk and Kane were good and should of ended the show with them having a brawl and all the other wrestlers in the rumble coming out to brawl to. Would of been 100 times better than what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    So not a good Raw. Batista return just wasn't that much (crowd being dead didn't help) having him come out first thing was pointless.

Cena ending the show before the Royal Rumble was never a good idea especially done as weak as that. Oh look Cena beats up Ortan and does a dumb chase through the building before he gets away then Cena poses to end the show. Real weak.

Punk and Kane were good and should of ended the show with them having a brawl and all the other wrestlers in the rumble coming out to brawl to. Would of been 100 times better than what we got.
    A hundred bucks says they use the "orton getting away in a car" to give orton an ally, like they always do. A guy like xpac or shawn michaels will probably come into the mix and boom: we have DX-volution vs boring cena/boring bryan/boring punk/boring big show/jinder mahal at elimination chamber.

So who is everyone's Royal Rumble pick? Maybe one for who you think WILL win, and one for who you think SHOULD win?

SHOULD win: CM Punk or Daniel Bryan (the latter of whom is not even scheduled to be in the Rumble)

WILL win: Roman Reigns

My Opinion on what the WWE should do with the whole WWE World Heavyweight Championship Thing :

Royal Rumble :
    Cena vs Orton (Cena wins)
    Royal Rumble (Batista wins)

Elimination Chamber :
    Cena vs Lesnar (Lesnar destroys Cena)

Wrestlemania :
    Batista vs Lesnar (Batista wins)

Extreme Rules :
    Batista vs Lesnar vs Orton (Orton wins with Batista and Lesnar on part time contracts)

Have Orton with the title all the way until Summerslam. He loses it when he gets the money in the bank contract cashed in by the man he cashed it in on him at the same event - Daniel Bryan

In continuation of Sid's idea.

Should win: Batista - Come on, let's get real. The guy just came back, and is supposed to main event mania. There's nothing to figure out here, he wins the rumble, and gains momentum.

Will win- Dean Ambrose - I can just feel it, WWE is going to pick someone out of the blue, but someone who is still featured regularly in a semi-dominant manner. Ambrose not only fits the bill, but the timing of this victory would play perfectly into the cracking of the shield.

Oh, and did I mention that CM Punk has a feud with the shield, and he starts at number one? It victor may not be ambrose, but anybody who doesn't see punk with the three shield members and the last four are...incompetent.
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 22nd January 2014 at 5:14 AM.

In continuation of Sid's idea.

Should win: Batista - Come on, let's get real. The guy just came back, and is supposed to main event mania. There's nothing to figure out here, he wins the rumble, and gains momentum.

Will win- Dean Ambrose - I can just feel it, WWE is going to pick someone out of the blue, but someone who is still featured regularly in a semi-dominant manner. Ambrose not only fits the bill, but the timing of this victory would play perfectly into the cracking of the shield.

Oh, and did I mention that CM Punk has a feud with the shield, and he starts at number one? It victor may not be ambrose, but anybody who doesn't see punk with the three shield members and the last four are...incompetent.
    See, up until he said that I was pretty sure he'd come back and only continue on the corporation feud. After he said that though I started having memories of cm punk last year post-422 day wwe championship reign, in which he said "I wanted to main event wrestlemania, and failed. I can still do it though, so I'm challenging the undertaker at wrestlemania.".

As for who I think will win the rumble, I'm stuck between John Cena and Seth Rollins right now. John Cena is entering a phase in his career in which he's basically done everything and the few unique things he can do haven't been done in wwe before. One of them is winning the rumble as a champion, which in turn could allow him to easily go heel on the premise that he'll be in the wrestlemania main event regardless of what he does. Seth Rollins on the other hand is my sleeper pick, so to speak. With Ambrose currently the US champion and Reigns being in a feud with Punk, Rollins is the only shield member without something going for him right now. A royal rumble win would not only solve that problem, but it'd continue on with the collapse of the shield (especially if ambrose were to lose his US title) and if cena were to maintain the championships until WM, we could easily see one of the greatest cena vs matches of all time.

With Ambrose currently the US champion and Reigns being in a feud with Punk, Rollins is the only shield member without something going for him right now. A royal rumble win would not only solve that problem, but it'd continue on with the collapse of the shield (especially if ambrose were to lose his US title) and if cena were to maintain the championships until WM, we could easily see one of the greatest cena vs matches of all time.
    Eh, I thought about Rollins for the reasons both you and I mentioned, but he's just been booked like **** too much in singles matches to be taken seriously at the main event of Wrestlemania. Not that Ambrose hasn't, but he's still the unspoken leader of the shield, and casting aside a title to move on to bigger and better things is not remotely an issue(as his former tag team championship partner Reigns has shown quite evidently)

While I still feel a shield member will win it, I'm not actually sure if it will come down to Punk and the three like I just predicted, I completely forgot about punks new feud with the outlaws lol

I really don't see Ambrose or Rollins winning it. While they are unquestionably the two more worthwhile members of the Shield, it's Reigns who WWE is clearly enamored of and wants to give a big singles push to eventually. He's the Big Guy with The Look. Ambrose and Rollins are consistently booked as less than Reigns.

As a few people joke on my big wrestling site, if you could combine the three members of The Shield, you'd have one good wrestler. Reigns' look, Ambrose's charisma, and Rollins' ringwork. You'd have yourself a main eventer right there. Boom.

I honestly can't see Rollins winning it, and out of the 3 will take the longest to probably make something of himself, but I think there's about 5 good options to win the rumble match.

CM Punk: #1 entrant, running with the type of feud from 2004 when Benoit was feuding with an auth figure and had to enter #1 and won it. He honestly deserves a shot at main eventing mania for the world title.

Daniel Bryan: Obvious pick again. Have him be a surprise entrant despite not being announced for it, as there's only about 8 unannounce people for the rumble as of now (which means my little predictions thing is already thrown off b/c both Harper and Rowan are in the rumble). He can enter late and have a great shot of winning it, and go on to continue the overlapping feud with the authority which culminates at mania. He just like Punk has put in night after night of great in-ring work and at one point deserves to headline a mania as well.

Sheamus: This is obvious, he's been gone for half a year, and when he's back which should be the rumble, the E' is going to push him hard. If I remember he's had some feud with Randy in the past when he first got a "main event" push when he was a heel, but I don't remember it if it happened. But, you know he's going to be extremely likely to win the rumble based on friendships in management, and being the vanilla bruiser that vince loves.

Dean Ambrose: First heel pick, and overall my 3rd favorite on the roster behind Punk and Bryan. He gets it, that's all that is needed. He might still be clunky in the ring and seems to go through motions (which most guys do), he understands in wrestling. I mean no one said the winner has to go on to win at Wrestlemania, statistics normally say otherwise around 70% of the time, but he can go out there and elevate the whoever the champion is by taking a loss at mania and it let's him sniff around the main event scene. Reigns might be the first shield member to win the WWE title if any of them ever do, but Ambrose should in my opinion be hanging around the main event scene first. If Punk or Bryan somehow win the title between now and mania, and get a headline match or something, I think an Ambrose vs. Punk/Bryan feud would be honestly awesome and a breath of fresh air if WWE wants to take a risk this year, and have the Class of 2002 just be main attraction matches (which they can be and still draw).

Wade Barrett: This last one is out of left field and just something to think about, but not to be taken seriously. I mean Barrett was supposed to lead the guys of the Nexus as the next group to help carry the WWE and put them on par with current main event guys in 2010. Of course, after weeks of domination, they completely floundered instead of making them really look on par with the Main Event faces at the time. Since then only Daniel Bryan has risen to the level they all should have, and Ryback could have if WWE didn't screw up the booking. Barrett if they really wanted to make him relevant again, and be of use like most people believe him can be, he could win here as well. It'd be a huge shot out of left field, but if Cena/Punk/Bryan wins the title between now and Mania, he can fill the kind of role Ambrose could, and he has a history with all 3 men and could be looking for his redemption if they feel ballsy enough to make him their first British World Champ.

I left Reigns off the list because honestly I can't see it. They'd really be pushing him too fast and it'll ruin him in the long run. He's still pretty green in the ring, and while he has the looks and some charisma about him, unless Bryan/Punk are the WWE champs at Mania his flaws might get noticed way too easily. Wait, his flaws were pretty noticeable against Punk a few weeks back. I can understand the thought, but if he wins it, WWE is being run by hindsighted monkeys.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I left Reigns off the list because honestly I can't see it. They'd really be pushing him too fast and it'll ruin him in the long run. He's still pretty green in the ring, and while he has the looks and some charisma about him, unless Bryan/Punk are the WWE champs at Mania his flaws might get noticed way too easily. Wait, his flaws were pretty noticeable against Punk a few weeks back. I can understand the thought, but if he wins it, WWE is being run by hindsighted monkeys.
    Which is why he has a very good chance of winning it, that is of course for some reason Batista doesn't.

Curtis Axel, Ryback, Alberto Del Rio... Those are just a few of the more recent "stars" they've pushed too fast and had flop.

I don't see Punk winning because he's already involved in a seperate storyline... Same with Bryan (not to mention they probably don't have that kind of faith in him) and Sheamus won't bring home the bacon on the big stage like Batista would if he were to get the title shot.

Look at what happened last year, They yanked the belt off Punk and gave us Twice in a lifetime... There's very little doubt in my mind that they will take the easy way out yet again and give the shot to Batista instead of an up and coming guy.

If things were different I'd consider Ryback for a Royal Rumble win. Wasn't he runner-up in the 2013 Royal Rumble? Didn't John Cena eliminate him last? Either way, I bet this year Ryback's one of the first to go at the Rumble. He'll probably be put with Curtis Axel as a forgettable Tag Team in Wrestlemania. Where did they go wrong with Ryback?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Where did they go wrong with Ryback?
    I've never seen wrestling fans turn on a wrestler quite like they did with Ryback. Less than a year ago we were fine with Ryback taking the reigns from Cena, and now he's the bathroom break for most people.

I've never seen wrestling fans turn on a wrestler quite like they did with Ryback. Less than a year ago we were fine with Ryback taking the reigns from Cena, and now he's the bathroom break for most people.
    He's making a somewhat comeback with himself online with his tweets on twitter. The IWC are starting to like him now and some of the stuff he says is pretty funny.

Page 250 of 300 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast