Page 251 of 287 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 7160

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    If things were different I'd consider Ryback for a Royal Rumble win. Wasn't he runner-up in the 2013 Royal Rumble? Didn't John Cena eliminate him last? Either way, I bet this year Ryback's one of the first to go at the Rumble. He'll probably be put with Curtis Axel as a forgettable Tag Team in Wrestlemania. Where did they go wrong with Ryback?
    I'd go with his WM match vs. Henry and the aftermath. Honestly, Henry could have took a loss in that match, but how did he win? He fell on top of Ryback after he went for the shellshock. That just really left me thinking....what is that kind of crappy ending. It should have been a big moment for him, and honestly given him more momentum. Then they turn him heel and feed him to Cena. Boom 180 momentum and no one wanting to see regular old face Cena take on newly bad guy Ryback who for the last year everyone was cheering for. Then they tried to build up most of his new Rybully gimmick through the App and pre-taped things which honestly seemed more forced than natural.

He's shown he's got some kind of a personality, but they are only letting it show now. Honestly, til they figure out what they are supposed to do with the guy, I really don't care. They messed up with Ryder, messed up with Ryback, messed up with everyone because they aren't trying to let guys grow or aren't dedicating to them the long term. It's like most struggling NFL franchises (like the browns to name a recent example) that lack so much faith in their coaching staff they are playing hot potato with jobs until someone gets it right on the first try.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    They messed up with Ryder, messed up with Ryback, messed up with everyone because they aren't trying to let guys grow or aren't dedicating to them the long term. It's like most struggling NFL franchises (like the browns to name a recent example) that lack so much faith in their coaching staff they are playing hot potato with jobs until someone gets it right on the first try.
    Ryder they messed despite him getting it right, on his first try. They had to throw Cena into his storyline, and boom he's done. They then killed Ryback's momentum with the Henry match, and buried it with the Cena feud. Following that you had Bryan, who despite their best efforts they couldn't mess up. Then there is Sandow, won MitB, and was getting reactions (unlike Del Rio and Orton) and cashed in on a weakened and injured Cena, and lost, and has done nothing since. Creative has no clue what it is doing, and until they actually have competent competition they don't need to. Once Vince is gone things might get better, but only if certain people are removed.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Kane should win the rumble.

I mean, why not

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Ryder they messed despite him getting it right, on his first try. They had to throw Cena into his storyline, and boom he's done. They then killed Ryback's momentum with the Henry match, and buried it with the Cena feud. Following that you had Bryan, who despite their best efforts they couldn't mess up. Then there is Sandow, won MitB, and was getting reactions (unlike Del Rio and Orton) and cashed in on a weakened and injured Cena, and lost, and has done nothing since. Creative has no clue what it is doing, and until they actually have competent competition they don't need to. Once Vince is gone things might get better, but only if certain people are removed.

woot21 out dawgs
    That was like...Ryder's 4th time. First as one of the Major brothers with Hawkins (which they could have done something more with), then dealing with the La Familia stuff, then trying to go solo on ECW and all that did nothing for him. They probably had him in reserve just to get beaten up by bigger stars, or didn't know what to do with him. He's not great in the ring, honestly he has needed some work (wish he could have opted to go to developmental like hawkins who has improved from it), but he ha(s/d) a fan base and they just messed that up. Honestly, I loved all that ZTLS stuff. It was stupid, he honestly is a giant goof and he'll never be "The Guy" or even close to it, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have been useful for drawing in the midcard, especially against a serious heel. Ryback got hurt early on all the Nexus stuff, so while it's his second attempt, it's more like his first because he wasn't horribly affected by all the other members of Nexus were. So, he really had a good shot to be extremely marketable which they could have gone with, but messed it up because they made a stupid error in judgement.

The idea was that they can get it going and get over, but once they mess up the booking or the booking goes bad, they don't try to correct more often than not. The reason Bryan is an exception is because the fans wouldn't let it happen which really makes me happy to be a fan honestly. That's just tremendous. I mean think if people kept up the "We want Ryder" support or more of a "Let's go Ryback" while he feuded with Cena. At a point they stopped caring, they haven't given up on Bryan and well that's just awesome in my opinion. Honestly, if they ever turn John Cena heel, think of the pop he'd get from the male fans that were wanting it for years now, that bi-polar reaction he's gotten for years would still be the same. I bet it would make creative pull out their hair thinking...WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?????
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Apparently the problem with Ryback is he has HUGE heat backstage. Nobody likes him, and he's a big, stand-off-ish, jerk to everyone. He really kind of bought that he was the next Goldberg and he was going to be the big successful monster of the company. WWE started burying him WAY back when they kept jobbing him off to The Shield, but since then, he's just been throwing dirt on his own grave.

The problem with Ryder is that the personality and humor he showed in his written and edited Internet show just did not translate to being able to deliver good promos and good matches. WWE also has kind of a weird "You're not supposed to get yourself over without it being our doing" policy, so I think they always resented him for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post

woot21 out dawgs
    I'm saying this as someone who DESPISES Orton and thinks he's just the drizzling poops and actually kind of enjoys Damien Sandow: On Sandow's absolute best days, he's never gotten a reaction anywhere near as strong as Orton's mediocre reactions. Orton has been one of the most over guys in WWE for YEARS at this point. I have no idea why... guy's adequate in the ring at best, downright goofy with his over-stressed facial expressions, and he used to be a legit tool in the back and to fans (though he has gotten better in recent years). Heck, Randy's last face turn a few years ago was necessitated by the fact that the fans had just started refusing to boo him. He was a vicious heel, but the fans wouldn't stop screaming "RKO RKO" anytime he might make an appearance. Dude's crazy over.

You're right on Del Rio, though. He was always an overpushed flop. Ricardo was the only thing ever worthwhile about him, and when he wasn't around, the crowd couldn't be bothered to care about him.
    Last edited by Sid87; 24th January 2014 at 1:58 AM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I saw Batista's return last night and I have to say, it wasn't bad but I was expecting more. It didn't leave me shaking like Brock Lesnar's 2012 return or when Chris Jericho returned in 2007. I guess the leak of his return kinda ruined it. Still, welcome back Batista.
    Leaks do have a tendency of ruining surprises.
    Batista did get a good ovation from the crowd so Im not complaining.
    Anyways its good to have him back, I just hope that he's in some interesting storylines throughout the show.

It was sad about Mae Young, but I liked the tribute they gave her. You will be missed Mae Young!
    R.I.P. Mae Young.
    "The Queen" was an influential pioneer in women's wrestling, helping to increase its popularity during World War 2 and training many generations of wrestlers.
    You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I'm saying this as someone who DESPISES Orton and thinks he's just the drizzling poops and actually kind of enjoys Damien Sandow: On Sandow's absolute best days, he's never gotten a reaction anywhere near as strong as Orton's mediocre reactions. Orton has been one of the most over guys in WWE for YEARS at this point. I have no idea why... guy's adequate in the ring at best, downright goofy with his over-stressed facial expressions, and he used to be a legit tool in the back and to fans (though he has gotten better in recent years). Heck, Randy's last face turn a few years ago was necessitated by the fact that the fans had just started refusing to boo him. He was a vicious heel, but the fans wouldn't stop screaming "RKO RKO" anytime he might make an appearance. Dude's crazy over.

You're right on Del Rio, though. He was always an overpushed flop. Ricardo was the only thing ever worthwhile about him, and when he wasn't around, the crowd couldn't be bothered to care about him.
    As I think Steph Mcmahon said, "Woman love him. Men in the audience wanna be him." 11 years now, he's gone from someone with an actual personality and green, but athletic in the ring to someone who is a cyborg with no humor, and has some of the most crisp moves we may ever see in the ring. Dude's got talent there's no denying that. However, he just blackballs most guys in the ring without truly selling their offense. Yet, every move he makes against them it's looks like he's just going through the motions, but are so precise and well timed that it's easy to overlook that fact. Sad that he really has never tried to seemingly cooperate with the other guys equally match-wise, otherwise he really would pass as a top guy and be a real top draw. Randy's got some damn good psychology, just as cena said never realized his potential. Sad really, but meh, much like his match vs Sheamus a year ago when the crowd chanted boring, they've got a damn good reason to.

Jeezus christ, complaining about Orton in 2013. You guys must be blind, because he's consistently put on the best matches with EVERYONE on the roster for the last 3 years.

Memorable, no, but name me one match for that period of time that has.(for wrestling, not a storyline)
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Apparently the problem with Ryback is he has HUGE heat backstage. Nobody likes him, and he's a big, stand-off-ish, jerk to everyone. He really kind of bought that he was the next Goldberg and he was going to be the big successful monster of the company. WWE started burying him WAY back when they kept jobbing him off to The Shield, but since then, he's just been throwing dirt on his own grave.

The problem with Ryder is that the personality and humor he showed in his written and edited Internet show just did not translate to being able to deliver good promos and good matches. WWE also has kind of a weird "You're not supposed to get yourself over without it being our doing" policy, so I think they always resented him for doing that.
    I've heard the same about Ryback, and I also heard Ryder got heat backstage for not bending to creative's will with his show. Plus they don't like how much he complains on social media.

A bunch of woman screaming because they want to get with him does not mean he is over. I feel compelled to inform you that he is not getting booed for his effective heel work, but because he is simply awful, to paraphrase an image. He sells only slightly better than Cena, has only slightly more personality than Del Rio (though a wet paper towel does too), and while technically he is sound, he just doesn't seem to care.
    As I think Steph Mcmahon said, "Woman love him. Men in the audience wanna be him."
    It was Orton himself who said it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Jeezus christ, complaining about Orton in 2013. You guys must be blind, because he's consistently put on the best matches with EVERYONE on the roster for the last 3 years.

Memorable, no, but name me one match for that period of time that has.(for wrestling, not a storyline)
    Cesaro-Sami Zayn best of 3 falls (seriously watch it if you haven't). Let's be honest there haven't been many under that criteria, but including storyline you can add some, and I doubt any of them would include Orton, or if they did it wouldn't be because of him. The one that stands out to me involving Orton was Miz's cash in, and that was because of the Miz, despite what people think of him now he is damn good as a heel chasing the title. Other matches, w/o Orton would be Cena-Punk MitB, Gold Rhodes-SHIELD, and Bryan-Cena. Now the last match on RAW that really stood out to me as far as wrestling goes would have to be HBK-Shelton Benjamin in the Gold Rush tournament.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

To me it doesn't matter if it's Orton, Reigns, Del Rio, whatever... almost noone stands out anymore. It's ridiculous how hard you have to look to find something that isn't from your Archetypal bad guy or good guy.

They've pretty much made it impossible to get invested in anyone when all their "superstars" are about as dynamic as a plank of wood.

So many guys I thought would be main eventers and are not. Ryback, Wade Barret, Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler, even Miz. I actually even forgot about Zack Ryder. He was getting a good babyface reaction in 2012 and he loses at that years Wrestlemania? You put him with Cena for what? So some of his cheers will rub off on John Cena? It's no wonder we get the same guys in the main event all the time these days.

As for the Royal Rumble winner. Is Daniel Bryan still in the Rumble? If he's not then it comes down to Batista, CM Punk, and possibly Roman Reigns. I think Reigns will pull a Kane and eliminate a bunch of guys but not actually win.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

So many guys I thought would be main eventers and are not. Ryback, Wade Barret, Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler, even Miz. I actually even forgot about Zack Ryder. He was getting a good babyface reaction in 2012 and he loses at that years Wrestlemania? You put him with Cena for what? So some of his cheers will rub off on John Cena? It's no wonder we get the same guys in the main event all the time these days.

As for the Royal Rumble winner. Is Daniel Bryan still in the Rumble? If he's not then it comes down to Batista, CM Punk, and possibly Roman Reigns. I think Reigns will pull a Kane and eliminate a bunch of guys but not actually win.

Bryan will probably enter as a surprise. I hope so anyway. Reigns will probably come close to beating Kane's record before the other remembers of the Shield betray him. Speaking of Kane I see him eliminating Punk and taking their feud to Elimination chamber after which Punk Vs HHH at Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Kane should win the rumble.

I mean, why not
    I think I can shed some light on this one, and it has to do with both The Undertaker, and Shawn Michaels. Here's why...

As we all know, Shawn is retired, and Undertaker is semi-retired. Shawn currently has the over-all most eliminations in a Royal Rumble match at 40, with Kane coming in a close second with 38. He needs two to tie, and three to beat HBK's record, and since Kane already has the achievement of the most eliminations in a single Royal Rumble match, and the achievement of being in the more Royal Rumble matches than anyone else, past or present, one more Rumble is all he needs to get beyond Shawn's record.

The Undertaker has "The Streak", so I believe they are going to give up Shawn's record to Kane, just because the other half of the Brother's of Destruction needs it/should possibly have it.

Having a near unbeatable achievement in the WWE would probably be worth more than actually winning the Rumble, and since Kane is still being pushed relatively well, I think he will get the accolade of being the best/toughest Royal Rumble contestant in WWE history. He's not looking to win the Rumble, he's just looking to eliminate three (or more) WWE Superstars.
    Last edited by James Bondage; 24th January 2014 at 4:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bondage View Post
    I think I can shed some light on this one, and it has to do with both The Undertaker, and Shawn Michaels. Here's why...

As we all know, Shawn is retired, and Undertaker is semi-retired. Shawn currently has the over-all most eliminations in a Royal Rumble match at 40, with Kane coming in a close second with 38. He needs two to tie, and three to beat HBK's record, and since Kane already has the achievement of the most eliminations in a single Royal Rumble match, and the achievement of being in the more Royal Rumble matches than anyone else, past or present, one more Rumble is all he needs to get beyond Shawn's record.

The Undertaker has "The Streak", so I believe they are going to give up Shawn's record to Kane, just because the other half of the Brother's of Destruction needs it/should possibly have it.

Having a near unbeatable achievement in the WWE would probably be worth more than actually winning the Rumble, and since Kane is still being pushed relatively well, I think he will get the accolade of being the best/toughest Royal Rumble contestant in WWE history. He's not looking to win the Rumble, he's just looking to eliminate three (or more) WWE Superstars.
    See, in my opinion a royal rumble win would actually hurt kane's legacy, and it all boils down to the accomplishments of one guy: Dan Marino. Dan Marino never won a superbowl, but was still considered one of the greats/put up some of the greatest numbers in regular season history. Since he doesn't have a superbowl ring, there'll always be that what-if factor surrounding him (ie: what if he had won a superbowl ring) and since none of his teammates are in the hall of fame you can sorta push all his accolades onto his skill and not on the rest of his team. Kane has never had a lengthy run as a singles champion, but is still considered one of the greatest superstars in history due to holding dozens of other championships (18 to be exact: 1 time ecw/wh/wwe champion, 12 time tag team champion, 2 time hardcore champion, 1 time IC champion) and appearing in the second-most pay per views of any superstar in history (with 94, only behind triple-h's 102).
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    See, in my opinion a royal rumble win would actually hurt kane's legacy, and it all boils down to the accomplishments of one guy: Dan Marino. Dan Marino never won a superbowl, but was still considered one of the greats/put up some of the greatest numbers in regular season history. Since he doesn't have a superbowl ring, there'll always be that what-if factor surrounding him (ie: what if he had won a superbowl ring) and since none of his teammates are in the hall of fame you can sorta push all his accolades onto his skill and not on the rest of his team. Kane has never had a lengthy run as a singles champion, but is still considered one of the greatest superstars in history due to holding dozens of other championships (18 to be exact: 1 time ecw/wh/wwe champion, 12 time tag team champion, 2 time hardcore champion, 1 time IC champion) and appearing in the second-most pay per views of any superstar in history (with 94, only behind triple-h's 102).
    I strongly agree with you. I wasn't trying to say he should win the Rumble, nor do I think he will. I was trying to elude to the numbers, as well. He doesn't want or need to win, but he does want or need to eliminate three or more other WWE Superstars during his next Royal Rumble appearance. That is the part that really matters.

Also, I'd suggest to everyone reading this to watch the feb 26th episode of nxt, as apparently the card for that night is going to be heavily stacked. Confirmed matches so far are adrian neville vs bo dallas for the nxt championship, but apparently they're also going to add a sami zayn vs cesaro rematch, paige vs summer rae women's championship match, and a triple threat tag match between the ascension wyatts and shield. If even one of those matches is confirmed, we could see the greatest wwe episode ever produced.

Hmm, half an hour into smackdown and we've seen the big show/rey mysterio beat the two most underrated guys in the business right now and have Wade Barrett commentating on a Miz vs Brodus match. Don't get me wrong, while I hated Bad News Barrett's routine at the beginning, his recent antics with AJ and now this make me want him to do this more. Hell, if wwe does a roast of vince mcmahon having him there would be perfect.
    Last edited by Mye; 25th January 2014 at 1:29 AM.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D

I did see Bad New Barrett interrupt Miz vs Brodus Clay. Possibly setting up a match at Mania maybe? Wrestlemania could use a midcard feud, and neither Miz or Barrett are doing anything right now. I thought Miz was turning heel after he turned on Kofi, but I guess not even WWE know what to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    If even one of those matches is confirmed, we could see the greatest wwe episode ever produced.
    You've got to be shitting me. It's sad that people's eye for quality has gotten so diminished by the current product that they actually think Zayn Vs. Cesaro was an epic match. Or much less that a group of underdeveloped nothings are going to put on WWE's best show ever.

Could it be a good show, yes. But I could also probably pick Velocity matches out of a hat and have any one of them destroy any match or segment put on in the show.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    You've got to be shitting me. It's sad that people's eye for quality has gotten so diminished by the current product that they actually think Zayn Vs. Cesaro was an epic match. Or much less that a group of underdeveloped nothings are going to put on WWE's best show ever.

Could it be a good show, yes. But I could also probably pick Velocity matches out of a hat and have any one of them destroy any match or segment put on in the show.

See, it's sad that you have to resort to petty insults in order to get your non-existent point across. I'll throw a video up of their 2 out of 3 falls match, and let people judge for themselves.

I wonder what surprise superstars we'll see in the Royal Rumble? Some WWE superstars I miss that I wish would appear would be Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, and I know he's in TNA but I would love one more WWE run from Kurt Angle!

I wonder what surprise superstars we'll see in the Royal Rumble? Some WWE superstars I miss that I wish would appear would be Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, and I know he's in TNA but I would love one more WWE run from Kurt Angle!
    The Rumble is in Pittsburgh tonight so anything is possible with Angle's contract being terminated with TNA. If he's #30 then the PPV will be far more memorable then last year's.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Caliber View Post
    The Rumble is in Pittsburgh tonight so anything is possible with Angle's contract being terminated with TNA. If he's #30 then the PPV will be far more memorable then last year's.
    Angle's noted before that his contract with TNA is up in August, so maybe the 2015 RR match. Unless he got released a few days ago or something and heard nothing about it since he just won a steel cage match where he's obviously suicidal enough to do a moonsault off the top of a cage this last thursday (taped over a week ago though). It would be cook to see him, but heck I still don't put too much into many surprises this year, except maybe 2 possible surprise guys at best unless Road Dogg and Billy Gunn aren't participating as HHH lackey's.

Angle's noted before that his contract with TNA is up in August, so maybe the 2015 RR match. Unless he got released a few days ago or something and heard nothing about it since he just won a steel cage match where he's obviously suicidal enough to do a moonsault off the top of a cage this last thursday (taped over a week ago though). It would be cook to see him, but heck I still don't put too much into many surprises this year, except maybe 2 possible surprise guys at best unless Road Dogg and Billy Gunn aren't participating as HHH lackey's.
    They had rumors about him coming back to WWE so I thought it would be tonight lol it makes sense though cause it's his home crowd. Hogan and Sting are also probably gonna sign soon but I doubt they'll be in the Rumble like a returning Batista who seriously has a good chance tonight to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Caliber View Post
    Angle's contract isn't up with TNA. He's getting knee surgery on February 11th. He just had a cage match with Bobby Roode.

So what was up with the crowd at the Rumble?
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 2122-6321-3510
    Fire
    Pyroar, Ninetales, Growlithe

Don't have much room

Page 251 of 287 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast