Page 252 of 294 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 7334

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

From what it sounds like to me (and I'm just following along on the Internet - which is pretty angry, so who knows), the crowd was upset that Daniel Bryan wasn't in the Rumble. Apparently Batista's win didn't go over well because of it.

So I guess all that's left to ask is if Batista vs. Orton is really going to be a major WrestleMania match. I can't help but feel that someone (Bryan, maybe?) is going to be added in, as I really can't understand why anyone would waste a WrestleMania slot on a match that was already done 'several times' before. At least, with other big rematches they were enough of a hit with fans the first time, either critically or commercially, in order to justify a second match (e.g. Rock/Cena). Neither of these would really apply here. I get that Batista hasn't been around for a while and he's marketable enough that you want something big for him to do, but still - Batista vs. Orton?... seriously?
    Last edited by charizardfan; 27th January 2014 at 8:31 PM.

The first two matches started the PPV on fire is what happened. Then after that, everything just went to hell. Had NAO/Rhodes been given about 5 more minutes, it'd have been a great 4 star match potentially. Bray and Daniel went for about 30 frickin minutes, had some clunks in some places, but had a fantastic psychology and spots and was honestly Bray's best match yet. They got "This is AWESOME" chants, and a small "Holy Sh*t" too. Some of the spots were pretty cool too. Either man deserved the win, and rightly so I honestly didn't care who came on top, both deserved it. It was good enough that honestly I was happy with those first two matches. Didn't matter who won either match, any man involved deserved the win.

After that everything just got worse. Lesnar/Show was a bust, Orton/Cena if I recall got everything poor they could almost chant. Both men got booed, Randy got no reaction what so ever at any part, got the boring chant, We want Bryan chants (obviously), this is awful...and I think there was even a small chant for We Want Divas (as in a match lol).

Even after the hour or so of bad from those two matches (cena/orton was about equivalent to them fighting on raw rather than needing to be on PPV), they still managed to get hyped for the RR. Punk, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Cesaro, and Harper looked good in there. Ziggler got an actual pop for his return match more than most men in this. People still fandango and Zeb Colter had some of his best signs yet tonight. Man I love Colter's sign thing now, pretty good stuff. Then as the people wound down and #30 hit, everyone was expecting Bryan and chanting for it since #20. Boom #30 comes as Mysterio and everyone was YES chanting before it, and everyone actually booed Mysterio's entry and cheered his elimination. Then random Punk elimination by Kane of course so everyone gave no cares. Everyone just honestly gave no cares about the last 15 minutes of the rumble. Almost 40 minutes of actually enjoying it, then boom not one person really gave a damn.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

From what I've read on the Daniel Bryan outrage, one has to wonder if WWE actually did it on purpose? I mean, IWC members are rallying in droves, and WWE has to have known they would.

Currently WWE doesn't seem smart enough to book normally, much less smart enough to add sub-psychology to the mix, but you never know.
    ----------------------------------

How can someone be gone for 4 years and then instantly come back and win another royal rumble. That is now two straight years where not only someone has won multiple rumbles, but the second straight year the rumble was downright predictable.

Batista vs Orton for the 100th time? Yawn....
    Triple H vs Punk? Meh

Just my opinion.....
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 27th January 2014 at 7:28 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    How can someone be gone for 4 years and then instantly come back and win another royal rumble. That is now two straight years where not only someone has won multiple rumbles, but the second straight year the rumble was downright predictable.
    This is why everyone is pissed about Batista winning. Mick Foley said he would throw a brick at his TV if Daniel Bryan didn't win so he's disgusted. And a lot of people follow the word of Foley. I agree that Batista didn't deserve this win, and notice how well all of HHH friends did tonight?

They chanted Daniel Bryan throughout the whole show! That's amazing. Batista and the rest of the roster felt overshadowed, especially Cena and Orton... It really looked like Reigns was going to win it there, but of course they gave it to Batista... Atleast he got booed out of the building. A good overall PPV with the crowd helping to make up for that lousy Rumble finish and dud of a World title match.

My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

The crowd was so stupid when Mysterio came out. How could they not tell it was him even after they showed that promo with him and a few other entrants in it lol. Now JBL was a wasted slot in the rumble.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I am SO SO happy I didn't end up going to the Rumble, even though it was here in Pittsburgh. What a bunch of AWFUL matches and results.

The New Age Outlaws win the tag belts? Really? In 2014, the New Age Outlaws win the tag belts when WWE has maybe the strongest tag division they've had in 12 years? They couldn't have found ANY other team to give those to?

Daniel Bryan has match of the night and JOBS AGAIN. I don't get what's so hard about this. YOU PUSH THE GUY WHO IS THE MOST OVER IN THE COMPANY. When fans will pay money to see someone, you LET HIM WIN AND LOOK GOOD. Why is WWE insistent on burying the best guy on the roster who is primed to be the next Hogan/Austin/Rock/Cena?

Lesnar/Big Show... who cares? We saw this 100 times a DECADE AGO.

I'm so glad the fans crapped all over Cena/Orton. SO GLAD. Because, first of all, how many times have we seen these two go at it? And Orton is abyssmal. Just a nightmare. His matches are long stretches of boring restholds and his making awful silly faces like he just frickin' pooped himself. And EVERYONE is tired of Cena. This match deserved what it got.

And Batista? Don't get me started. I like Dave well enough, but he's the past. He's a dude in his mid-40's who has been a middling, unsuccessful actor for a few years. And WWE looked at him and thought "Wrestlemania buyrates!"? Dave wasn't all that over when he was a full-timer FIVE YEARS AGO. Now we're going to get Orton/Batista at Wrestlemania? Screw you, WWE. No matter how much you want it to, it won't be 2005 forever (and I have no idea why WWE is so enamored of keeping guys from the mid-2000's on top; that era has proven to be a money-pit almost as bad as the early to mid 90's). Push younger talent!

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    The crowd was so stupid when Mysterio came out. How could they not tell it was him even after they showed that promo with him and a few other entrants in it lol. Now JBL was a wasted slot in the rumble.
    It's easy to say that in hindsight but when you're caught up in the moment it's easy to forget who or what appeared in a promo. Perhaps they like myself was hoping that Daniel Bryan would still enter regardless but alas he didn't and the crowd quite rightly so was disappointed.

I want to say that the WWE do actually have a grand plan involving Daniel Bryan due to the reaction he garners every night but as of right now Wrestlemania 30 is not looking good if the rumoured Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus match happens and Daniel Bryan doesn't end the show with the title held above his head.

Asides that I'm glad I got to see Rusev getting called up however I do wonder if they'll ever call up Sami Zayn or someone a little more charismatic
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Despite being in Philly/actually having rumble tickets, I'm sorta happy the flu bug caught me.

NAO vs Rhodes family: new age outlaws won, which is always nice. I wholly expect to see the usos win the championships at WM

Bryan vs Wyatt: easily the match of the night, audience got behind both superstars and actually enjoyed the match. It's a shame Wyatt had to win, as now he'll basically be buried.

Lesnar vs Show: lesnar uses chairs, gives an F5 to him, doesn't use the kimura. Yep, we basically saw 3 mins of filler.

Cena vs Orton: What do you get when you combine the two most boring guys in the business? apparently a very boring match. Both men gave us the same thing we've seen dozens of times, sorta surprised Cena didn't win considering HIS DAD WAS THE F'ING REFEREE. Also, much like superstars in the past, Wyatt basically killed his career by messing with cena. Team men who sleep with bellas vs team wyatt at WM? Sounds, boring?

The rumble: "and in stereotypical fashion WWE ends a pay per view by pissing off and on their audience". In all seriousness, what the heck happened? Yes, there were plenty of good moments (Rusev entering the rumble/being eliminated by kofi, reigns eliminating ambrose/rollins and beating kane's record by eliminating 13 men in the rumble), but at the half-way point they basically pulled a giant lever and halted the entertainment train. Daniel Bryan/Cena not in the rumble despite having dozens of promos that suggest both could win it? Fail. Having the audience's backup guy (Reigns) not win it and instead handing it to a guy that noone cares about? Fail. Having said winner harass a fan and flip off everyone despite him not being Steve Austin (the only man in entertainment who can actually flip people off without anyone being offended)? Massive fail. Storyline wise, the royal rumble gave us one glimmer of light and 8 giant black holes. Aside from a kane/punk rivalry, it forces WWE into coming up with storylines that people will probably hate (heel batista vs heel orton/lesnar/rock, bryan/'career-killer' cena vs wyatts, reigns vs ambrose for the US title). All I can say is that the upcoming weeks are sure to be interesting.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Batista wasn't a guy no one cared about. People were glad he was coming back when it was announced. Therefore people cared about it. People only started hating him last night because one man wasn't in the rumble and it was blatantly obvious he wasn't going to be in it.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Daniel Bryan has match of the night and JOBS AGAIN. I don't get what's so hard about this. YOU PUSH THE GUY WHO IS THE MOST OVER IN THE COMPANY. When fans will pay money to see someone, you LET HIM WIN AND LOOK GOOD. Why is WWE insistent on burying the best guy on the roster who is primed to be the next Hogan/Austin/Rock/Cena?
    It makes sense to have Bray win. Think about it; we don't need any more cowardly, whiny heels who have to cheat or get an assist to win their matches. On top of that Bryan is one of the only guys who can lose clean like that without it really hurting his popularity and whatnot.

The crowd was booing almost everyone because Bryan wasn't in the Rumble. It was more of a reaction towards the booking rather than one directed towards any one wrestler. The whole event result-wise reeked of WWE phoning it in and the crowd saw right through it.

Batista wasn't a guy no one cared about. People were glad he was coming back when it was announced. Therefore people cared about it. People only started hating him last night because one man wasn't in the rumble and it was blatantly obvious he wasn't going to be in it.
    He's not exactly up there with guys like the Rock either. I mean for f***s sake, He's older than Triple H and just returned a week ago after being gone for 4 years...

Not to mention Batista looked like s*** out there... I think El Torito had a more impressive showing. The fact that it ended up being between the most dominant guy in Reigns and Batista with Batista getting the easy win really helped to cheapen the finish that much more.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 27th January 2014 at 2:25 PM.

iirc, no even cared when he left. most fans just saw him as a big guy who cant wrestle. hence the term, "botchtista"

and what a pos ppv. I mean, why have Reigns beat kanes record when he's going to be a nobody in the next year or so. at least kane has been relevant for the last almost 2 decades. Reigns will just turn into a jobber by the end of the year, and then fade out of the wwe by being a "pro" on NXT or something

Mick Foley's rant about the current direction of WWE:

As I mentioned on Twitter, I've never felt so disgusted at the conclusion of a WWE (or any) PPV. Like many of you out there, I just don't get it. This Daniel Bryan thing is a phenomenon. You get it. I get it. The fans in Pittsburgh (yes, I was thinking of writing "RIGHT TH...but I'm just not in a cheap pop mood) got it. But tonight, for the first time, I had to admit to myself that the powers that be are just not going to get it. And that makes me sad. I'm just honestly sad, just flat out ****ing sad (yes, I dropped an F-bomb there to emphasize how F'ing sad I am for the guys who bust their butts night in and night out - Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, etc - with no hope of getting their shot at this year's Mania.

You know who else I'm sad for? Me. In my two years as an official WWE Ambassador, I never once had to lie about my enthusiasm for the company or the product. Now, although I am no longer officially an Ambassador for WWE (believe it or not, my only official role in WWE is as GM for Saturday Morning Slam, a contract that ends in one month) I was till looking forward to being part of the biggest event of the year. I'll probably end up going anyway. But I'm about 1/6th as excited about it as I was just a few hours ago. I wanted so badly to hear 75,000 WWE fans chanting "YES" - and seeing fans walk away absolutely ecstatic about the outcome of a PPV for the first time in a while...a long while. But when given the chance to make it happen (unless they've got something MAJOR up their sleeve) WWE's answer tonight was a resounding "NO, NO, NO".

The New Age Outlaws win the tag belts? Really? In 2014, the New Age Outlaws win the tag belts when WWE has maybe the strongest tag division they've had in 12 years? They couldn't have found ANY other team to give those to?
    Honestly, I'm not really angry about them winning the tag titles. They'll probably just be transitional champs and drop it to the Usos, which would probably give them the "they just went over veterans" rub. And besides, even though they're clearly past their prime, I'll admit that they can still go. So I'm pretty much at "let's-see-where-this-goes-guys" mode with the NAO. I'm not exactly pleased with the Rhodes dropping the titles to them in such a short match but eh, could be worse.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show goes for about 2 minutes. A complete waste of time. I understand Brock was gonna win regardless, but make the match somewhat interesting.

The best match of the night was Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan in my opinion. The crowd was into it, and cheering for both guy's.

Randy Orton vs John Cena was boring in my opinion. The only thing I liked about the match, was when they were doing each others signature moves on each other. Other than that I was bored. I have seen them wrestle too many times in the past. I don't care to see them face each other again and again and again.

Some fans wonder why Batista got booed out of the building last night. It's because its clear that the fans wanted Roman Reigns to win. In many segments, Vince, Stephanie and Triple H say they give the fans what they want. Honestly though? When was the last time they REALLY gave the fans what they wanted? Absolutely pointless in having Reigns set the record this year if he was just going to come runner up.

Nothing intrigues me about Randy Orton vs Batista part 20. I wouldn't mind seeing Brock vs Batista, but I would rather not see the title involved. I'll most likely just be tuning into Wrestlemania this year for Undertaker, CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan, but I could care less for Orton vs Batista part 20.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 27th January 2014 at 6:39 PM.

1693 1038 1902

This doesn't have to do with royal rumble, but I always like to bring it up to wrestling fans and you guys will appreciate this. I actually graduated from the same high school as CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve23 View Post
    This doesn't have to do with royal rumble, but I always like to bring it up to wrestling fans and you guys will appreciate this. I actually graduated from the same high school as CM Punk
    That's really cool! CM Punk is honestly one of my favorite stars in wrestling.

This is why everyone is pissed about Batista winning. Mick Foley said he would throw a brick at his TV if Daniel Bryan didn't win so he's disgusted. And a lot of people follow the word of Foley. I agree that Batista didn't deserve this win, and notice how well all of HHH friends did tonight?
    Yeah I just read Micks blog. He's livid. I can't blame him. He brought up a lot of great points in his blog.

I'm sure tonight on Raw Punk will come out, and call out Triple H, but his annoying wife will come out and say "my husband Triple H and I have no agenda against Cm Punk." The authority will probably put Cm Punk in a 3 on 1 handicap match or something. That or Kane will come out and do something. Who knows.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 27th January 2014 at 6:52 PM.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    That's really cool! CM Punk is honestly one of my favorite stars in wrestling.

Yeah I just read Micks blog. He's livid. I can't blame him. He brought up a lot of great points in his blog.

I'm sure tonight on Raw Punk will come out, and call out Triple H, but his annoying wife will come out and say "my husband Triple H and I have no agenda against Cm Punk." The authority will probably put Cm Punk in a 3 on 1 handicap match or something. That or Kane will come out and do something. Who knows.
    Yeah it's really cool getting to see someone from your hometown be the one of the biggest names in WWE.
    But that would be great if Punk came out tonight, HHH brought out a bunch of people to shut him up, and he kicks a bunch of ***

So I'm starting to think... is WWE smarter than all of us? Because at this point, Raw is MUST-SEE tonight just to see whether they ignore what happened last night or build around it. If they ignore it, I'm going back to not watching and just keeping up with next-day recaps, but there's always the possibility that they address what happened head-on and make it THE story going into 'Mania. There are stories about this EVERYWHERE today. I've seen two different stories on Yahoo! Sports and one on BBC. If they wanted publicity, they've got it. Now the question is... do they capitalize, or so they keep partying like it 's 2005?

Yeah it's really cool getting to see someone from your hometown be the one of the biggest names in WWE.
    But that would be great if Punk came out tonight, HHH brought out a bunch of people to shut him up, and he kicks a bunch of ***
    I'm hoping for that to happen! ^

If Punk does face Triple H at Mania I hope Punk gets to win this time. I remember watching their match in 2011. Triple H won....
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 27th January 2014 at 9:16 PM.

1693 1038 1902

Mick Foley's rant about the current direction of WWE:

As I mentioned on Twitter, I've never felt so disgusted at the conclusion of a WWE (or any) PPV. Like many of you out there, I just don't get it. This Daniel Bryan thing is a phenomenon. You get it. I get it. The fans in Pittsburgh (yes, I was thinking of writing "RIGHT TH...but I'm just not in a cheap pop mood) got it. But tonight, for the first time, I had to admit to myself that the powers that be are just not going to get it. And that makes me sad. I'm just honestly sad, just flat out ****ing sad (yes, I dropped an F-bomb there to emphasize how F'ing sad I am for the guys who bust their butts night in and night out - Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, etc - with no hope of getting their shot at this year's Mania.

You know who else I'm sad for? Me. In my two years as an official WWE Ambassador, I never once had to lie about my enthusiasm for the company or the product. Now, although I am no longer officially an Ambassador for WWE (believe it or not, my only official role in WWE is as GM for Saturday Morning Slam, a contract that ends in one month) I was till looking forward to being part of the biggest event of the year. I'll probably end up going anyway. But I'm about 1/6th as excited about it as I was just a few hours ago. I wanted so badly to hear 75,000 WWE fans chanting "YES" - and seeing fans walk away absolutely ecstatic about the outcome of a PPV for the first time in a while...a long while. But when given the chance to make it happen (unless they've got something MAJOR up their sleeve) WWE's answer tonight was a resounding "NO, NO, NO".
    You should find the post made by Mick's son Dewey made on FB. I know it's circulating around twitter at least and it's spot on and funny to read. I'd post it but...well it has the some swears that may or may not get picked up by the filters on here. But, heck it was a spot on analysis of WWE being a dictatorship haha, or at least the possibility that HHH is running it more like one. Inb4 it's all a huge set up to give DB a huge wrestlemania moment where he can laugh at us calling him a dictator.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

I didn't watch the Royal Rumble, but I've seen the internet community explode, so I know Daniel Bryan didn't win or was even in it. I heard he had the match of the night with Bray Wyatt but lost in the end. Are they really setting up for Wyatt vs Cena at mania and Sheamus vs Byran? Not exactly matches I'm excited to see. I've seen enough of Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan.

I heard John Cena and Randy Orton got booed and random chants were going on. I expected that much. I also heard Roman Reigns did very well and got cheered and broke Kane's record. That's very nice. Way to go Reigns! I also heard Batista won and got booed. I feel bad for Batista. His overall return hasn't done much and it feels overshadowed. This is clearly Daniel Bryan's era and shame on WWE for not taking advantage of it and letting him win the Rumble and have a true Wrestlemania match at mania 30.

I agree with Raiga, I think this is done on purpose. I don't know why. The guys they want you to cheer like Cena and now Batista are getting booed, while guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk who they try to keep out of the big main event spots get the biggest cheers. I am looking forward to tonight's RAW at least.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Man, this kinda sucks. I originally had no problem signing up for a 6:00 class in college on mondays, because Raw has been ****. Now they, due not to their clever writing but in spite of it, actually have a show I want to see. That's kharma for ya.
    ----------------------------------

Page 252 of 294 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast