Page 256 of 299 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 7454

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Well, I'm back from 3 major surgeries. I'd may as well comment on what happened on NXT/Smackdown now that my TiVo decided to play nice:

-Miz vs CJ Parker: in my eyes, this match was a huge test for Parker from the authority. If he could pair well with the miz, then it'd prove that he at least had some use outside of the Breeze feud. Instead, Parker looked slow and clumsy and the Miz looked like a million bucks. Goodbye moonchild, we hardly knew or cared about ye.

-Bayley vs Sasha Banks: enough is enough! I get that with Emma being promoted to the big leagues, NXT lost their best female asset, but is bayley really their replacement for her? Much like the other weeks, bayley had a match vs a "bully diva" and much like the other weeks, I was thoroughly unimpressed. When paige gets promoted to the main roster, I'll probably stop watching the NXT divas division altogether.

-Wyatts vs Shield: yet another obvious match with an obvious outcome, sparked up by the loss of Punk. Wyatts will win, shield will lose/"fracture", and we'll see a triple threat match with the winner facing triple H at WM.

-PtP split: it's sad how not only can I find another tag-team that's broken up in this fashion, but that I can find multiple similar tag teams of similar "set-ups" broken up in this incredibly dull way over the past 5 years. Much like the Kozlov/Marella, Cryme Tyme, Jeri-show, and about 8 of Kane's tag teams of the past, this one dissolved at a time in which the audience's interest for them was at an all-time low. Expect Titus to be a jobber to guys like Kofi/Big-E (much like how kozlov/shad were used) before being released in about 3-4months. Darren Young has a niche of being a gay, black, and arguably funnier Cena look-a-like. Expect him to be gone from this business in march.

-the Chamber Match: yet another upcoming disappointment, that'll probably stop me from watching the PPV. Cena/Bryan are in because the corporation blatently wants them in (Triple H proclaiming on smackdown that it's "what the audience will pay to watch), sheamus and christian are in because apparently it's never too late to milk guys whose careers are pretty much dead barring a miracle, Orton's in because WWE knows that you can't satisfy everyone so it's just easier to bore them into a coma, and Antonio Cesaro is this year's Dark Horse, getting a minor bump which'll help put him into an eventual feud with Kofi for the US title. Oh, and expect Brock to heavily interfere with this match to the point of him getting a shot at the undertaker's WM streak. That's one of the few ways I can see this logically satisfying all the storylines.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Did you guys hear about NXT? Apparently the fans were chanting CM Punk and got their CM Punk signs taken away. Triple H is said to have been disrespected by all this. Once again I can't wait for RAW this Monday. Also is it true AJ lee was dating Punk? If she is, I bet she loses her title and jobs daily.
    She's already jobbing daily outside title defenses so it's only a matter of time till she's doing both.

The winner of the Shield vs Wyatts match is painfully obvious. So is the entire Shield angle at this point. We all know Roman will be the babyface who wins at Wrestlemania and probably get's pushed too fast too soon because of WWE's inability to properly build up a superstar while the other 2 fall off the face of the Earth just because they don't care as much for them as they do Roman.

Yeah, 5mins into raw and we've seen orton go on another stupid show-opening rant with the authority confronting him. Luckily, the audience isn't braindead and is chanting nothing but "Yes", "CM Punk" and "boo".
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

RAW is coming live from my home state of Nebraska. Now normally, they just cheer or boo like any regular fan should or mostly are inaudible at times, because well they are bored. I will not lie, the state is full of obese residents, so stamina for 3 hours may be a problem, but if they can get into it like a UNL college football game, we might be able to see a few hi-jackings as we started off with the CM Punk chants. Honestly, I didn't know whether or not the crowd would be getting into that, but looks like the power of Punk gets people talking.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Yeah, within the first hour the crowd has done nothing but either boo, chant "cm punk" and "we want punk", or yawn endlessly. I'm actually starting to appreciate Shane McMahon right now. The guy came in/tried to be an integral part of the company, and left after it became too douchily corrupted. He's like Mini-Me if scott was the clone of Dr. Evil.

Heel Titus O'niel doe! :-D

And was it scripted that the Miz would come out and complain on live TV? Or was it a similar situation like CM Punk's?

Anyone else disgusted by the fact that they combined the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship? I was especially angry with the WWE when they got rid of the brand extension and now Smackdown superstars could appear on Raw. How the hell are talented superstars suppose to be competitors for a World Championship when there is only one World Championship? How can the WWE do proper storylines/feuds when the whole roster is a mess, there is no organization. It's ridiculous how this brand extension takes talented superstars away from feuds. Half the matches they have the superstars have no merit to any feuds. Smackdown has become a serious joke now. How many times will we end the show Friday Night with a 6 man tag team match? Smackdown = Raw, they can't just make one brand better than the other. WWE needs to realize that. My plan is to put guys like Cena/Punk/Orton/Shemaus on Raw and Bryan/BigShow/DelRio/BrayWyatt on Smackdown. I just can't imagine Cena and Bryan on the same show. The crowds love them and they cannot be in the same title picture. WWE needs to open it's eyes, call up more superstars from NXT, and bring back the brand extension. Smackdown has become an utter joke and fans are sick and tired of it!

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSucks View Post
    My plan is to put guys like Cena/Punk/Orton/Shemaus on Raw and Bryan/BigShow/DelRio/BrayWyatt on Smackdown.
    I'm sure Vince is on his feet waiting for your phone call lol.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but double posting is mod bait for Happy Happy Infraction Time.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Anyone who thinks Orton isn't a top-tier wrestler after a match like that should be locked in room and forced to watch Michael Mcguillicutty promos on an endless loop.(you might get rewarded with some curtis axel matches for good behavior)
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSucks View Post
    Anyone else disgusted by the fact that they combined the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship? I was especially angry with the WWE when they got rid of the brand extension and now Smackdown superstars could appear on Raw. How the hell are talented superstars suppose to be competitors for a World Championship when there is only one World Championship? How can the WWE do proper storylines/feuds when the whole roster is a mess, there is no organization. It's ridiculous how this brand extension takes talented superstars away from feuds. Half the matches they have the superstars have no merit to any feuds. Smackdown has become a serious joke now. How many times will we end the show Friday Night with a 6 man tag team match? Smackdown = Raw, they can't just make one brand better than the other. WWE needs to realize that. My plan is to put guys like Cena/Punk/Orton/Shemaus on Raw and Bryan/BigShow/DelRio/BrayWyatt on Smackdown. I just can't imagine Cena and Bryan on the same show. The crowds love them and they cannot be in the same title picture. WWE needs to open it's eyes, call up more superstars from NXT, and bring back the brand extension. Smackdown has become an utter joke and fans are sick and tired of it!
    To be honest, a lot of people came around to the idea of "One" world champion again. The WHC has been diluted to around the level of the IC title...er what the IC title has supposed to have been. When Edge, Taker, and Batista were on SD about 6 years ago, the WHC actually mattered. The one thing I honestly like the idea of if WWE pulls it out is not having the same damn title match for 2-3 months. When they actually had a brand split and roster depth, splitting the IC/US and WWE/WHC was easy. PPVs alternated and it was easy to have rematches to extend feuds at every other PPV. Now it happens so much, who honestly wants to see the same ones every month? The thing that made it work was character development, mixing rising and veteran stars in matches, and putting on performances that people don't get to see often. They just phone it in now, and have cruise control set and people will still eat it up for their "favorites". I mean you don't need titles for feuds, that's where testing your advances in character and stipulation matches make feuds more interesting. They don't even attempt that anymore. The whole reason SD is a mess is because they don't even try to advertise their big stars for it, so no one cares to watch it. Their roster just doesn't have the star power to really make it successful because they aren't trying to make stars and are coasting on old names now. Before they do anything they honestly need to decide how to build more stars. Vince reportedly is worried about the lack of star power...yet this is the guy who made guys like Hogan, HBK, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Bret, and the Rock big. They took Cena, Orton, Batista, Brock and made them big. He made Edge, Kurt Angle, Kane, and Jeff Hardy, established Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and Y2J when WCW didn't want to make them bigger. Has he honestly forgotten how to make their guys bigger to the audience?

It's not like a decade ago when they could just use wcw/ecw acquired guys that had some following use them as good midcard support and create storylines to make some of them bigger, or make others look good at their expense. But, when they have all these "guys" on the roster that are basically equal to enhancement talent, and only use TV time for the TOP guys and some upcoming guys, instead of developing more midcard guys, I guess it's easy for vince to forget. The top guys don't need to even have matches every week, just give them promo time (ala Punk, Cena, and others on that level) and people will be satisfied, with them throwing a bone every so often for a warm up match. Then develop the lower guys and get them to have a following in addition to at least some promo time.

Stuff like this would suffice, honestly I have no idea why though. Saw this some week or so ago posted on some site, but this has interested me more than anything he's done on TV in like 2 months (along side his twitter rants). I dunno if it's because the fact his theme makes me feel like he should be driving monster trucks, or just because I wanted the employee taking his order to be a stereotypical african woman with sass that says, "Excuse me, but what did you say?" and him starting an argument or something. Point, yeah not gonna try to understand their faulty organizational skills, but hope that ya'll know think every time you hear Ryback's music, he should be driving a monster truck.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    The WHC has been diluted to around the level of the IC title...er what the IC title has supposed to have been. When Edge, Taker, and Batista were on SD about 6 years ago, the WHC actually mattered. The one thing I honestly like the idea of if WWE pulls it out is not having the same damn title match for 2-3 months.
    I'd actually argue the WHC mattered until the very end of the awesome Henry/Show/Bryan triangle feud. Not to the degree of the WWE title, but at least at the time the announcers weren't openly calling the WWE title the most important, or having the WHC lose champion vs. champion matches against the WWE champ.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Stuff like this would suffice, honestly I have no idea why though. Saw this some week or so ago posted on some site, but this has interested me more than anything he's done on TV in like 2 months (along side his twitter rants).
    You've got to be kidding me... I've seen better, more interesting content posted in this thread.

To be frank it's sad how people love to jump on every stupid, horribly written post that gets put on twitter. I guess it's because there's so little being offered, but still... If stuff like this is the closest guys like Ryback can get to being interesting they might as well sign the Dos Equis guy and have him team up with Curtis "Cardboard Cutout" Axel.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 4th February 2014 at 11:46 AM.

I like that JBL brought up the fact that Dean Ambrose has not defended the US title in forever. That doesn't make you a good champion. RAW was pretty boring for me. I was hoping the CM Punk chants would take over the show and frustrate the authority, but the chants were ignored and not loud enough. Despite no John Cena on the show, I was very bored. Is Batista ever going to actually wrestle on RAW or Smackdown? I'm bored of him already. He's suppose to be the Royal Rumble winner and he's barely on TV. I was curious about the Miz's complaint. Was that real or a work? Probably a work, but I bet that's how he feels. Boring RAW.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

For anyone interested and possibly planning on getting it, WWE has a list of all the pay-per-views that'll be on the Network. Of special interest to me are are many of the 1996-98 In Your House shows. Also included is the 1999 Over the Edge PPV, the show Owen Hart had his tragic accident on. I don't imagine that'll air uncut, obviously, but I've never seen that one at all. There are also two of the UK only shows - One Night Only '97 (with the controversial Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog match) and Insurrection 2000. Anyway, for anyone still interesting in purchasing the Network, I would suggest giving it a look: http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-...twork-26179147
    Last edited by charizardfan; 5th February 2014 at 1:11 AM.

Really am looking forward to the ladder match between Adrian Neville and Bo Dallas on NXT mainly because some of the stuff Neville does amazes me. Just a shame I don't think he'll go far in the WWE with a voice like that unfortunately
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by King Lawliet View Post
    Really am looking forward to the ladder match between Adrian Neville and Bo Dallas on NXT mainly because some of the stuff Neville does amazes me. Just a shame I don't think he'll go far in the WWE with a voice like that unfortunately
    I've only seen him when he was Pac, but he's a pretty darn tall and decently muscular guy if my memory serves correctly, he should have little trouble rising the ranks if he stays healthy.

And worst case scenario they can always make it his gimmick, a la Swagger's lisp gimmick.

It's pretty sad that we will never see guys like Dolph Ziggler win the World Heavyweight Championship again due to the title Unification.
    Believe in Reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by SoHeartless View Post
    It's pretty sad that we will never see guys like Dolph Ziggler win the World Heavyweight Championship again due to the title Unification.
    I personally would have been fine if he never held any major title once. The guy brings nothing new to the table, and is overrated way beyond what he is capable of.

I mean, he's not bad, but there are a thousand guys employed or otherwise that can do the "athletic medium sized guy" act. Baretta, Hawkins, Ryder, etc.

Personally I just think it's disappointing that despite working hard and having a whole load of momentum behind him, they effectively screwed up his character and it's hard to take him seriously as a challenger.

He might not be that amazing but people who work hard should be given the opportunity to have a proper extended run as a champion otherwise what are they really working for
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

If everyone who worked hard got a title run the championship belt would end up in the hands of people who have no business holding it several times over. At the end of the day, hard work just isn’t enough. Ideally, you actually have to have talent as well. Sometimes (and none of this specially applies to Ziggler, it’s just in general) you can work as you want, and never be good enough for the company to want to run with you as a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    If everyone who worked hard got a title run the championship belt would end up in the hands of people who have no business holding it several times over. At the end of the day, hard work just isn’t enough. Ideally, you actually have to have talent as well. Sometimes (and none of this specially applies to Ziggler, it’s just in general) you can work as you want, and never be good enough for the company to want to run with you as a top player.
    Exactly. I think the ability to connect with the audience far surpasses all other neccessary skills in the business. Just in the past year we've seen it cover D-bry's promo ability, cover PT players wrestling ability, and even things like the shield being a complete rip-off of the nexus.

Sadly I think the most Ziggler's ever connected himself to an audience, was his debut "I'm Dolph Ziggler" gimmick.

And also I think that because WWE is a group of superhard working individuals, it makes the sparingly used moments of the hardest workers obtaining the big one, i.e. chris benoit or Eddie, that much better.

Is it true that fans were really kicked out for the Cm Punk chants on Raw last Monday? If so that's pretty lame.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

No those reports are false...

Word is Vince himself is desperately trying to get Punk back though.

To think we could have seen someone new or interesting win the Rumble and headline Wrestlemania. Instead we get a guy past his prime dressed in awful looking attire who gives Alberto Del Rio a run for his money in the boring department.

Not to mention Punk was their no. 2 guy, and yet for the second year in a row they would rather bring back an out of shape old star to main event 'Mania over him... That is just depressing. Slotting someone like Punk into a tired and forgettable program that would have been Triple H vs CM Punk part 2 is an absolute waste in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    No those reports are false...

Word is Vince himself is desperately trying to get Punk back though.

To think we could have seen someone new or interesting win the Rumble and headline Wrestlemania. Instead we get a guy past his prime dressed in awful looking attire who gives Alberto Del Rio a run for his money in the boring department.

Not to mention Punk was their no. 2 guy, and yet for the second year in a row they would rather bring back an out of shape old star to main event 'Mania over him... That is just depressing. Slotting someone like Punk into a tired and forgettable program that would have been Triple H vs CM Punk part 2 is an absolute waste in my opinion.
    Well, that and he was one of the few guys on the main roster who actually brought something "unique" to the table. Don't get me wrong, guys like orton/cena/bryan are talented. The difference between them and punk though is that Punk has arguably the greatest non-heyman mic skill in the business and can quite literally make any episode "top-tier" just by speaking his mind. With him gone, the already horrid wwe writing staff has been forced to use out-dated storylines (see: kane vs bryan, shield vs wyatts) just to patch up the void, leaving the next pay-per-view to be a rather predictable affair. Do I think he'll return to wwe? Possibly, but only if he's either bribed or the landscape changes to suit his liking. The better question is "will wwe be watchable with him gone?".

Also, I doubt punk will return for any measily bribe. Not unless it's...

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    The better question is "will wwe be watchable with him gone?".
    If the inclusion of a burned-out Punk was what was keeping you watching....I just don't even know what to say lol

Page 256 of 299 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast