Page 257 of 289 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 7212

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Hey, Jerry Lawler was right! No Bad News Barret this week. That was still weird last Monday and I guess Miz's little rant is indeed just a gimmick since he did it again. RAW was boring. Batista is going to main event Wrestlemania and he already feels less important then Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Randy Orton, the Shield, the Wyatts, even Kane feels more important then Batista. I'm really looking forward to Batista in the main event. They are building him up so wonderfully on RAW.

RAW was boring for me. I was not very interested. The only thing that caught my attention was Lita going into the Hall of Fame. That's pretty cool. I bet Trish inducts her in.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I watched Raw on the DVR last night, and I was honestly pretty bored throughout the whole show. When the Wyatts and Shield confronted each other that got me out of my chair, but I really didn't care for Cena vs Orton again. I skipped all the way until the end just to see how the match ended. Cena won just like I expected lol. I'm not mad or anything but the outcome was too obvious to me. Then again that's just how it works nowadays in WWE. Most of the matches have obvious outcomes.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I'm really just trying to wrap my head around why Cena won the way he won. It would be fine if Orton loses to every one of his opponents, but he won against christian, and now that makes Christian look like a chump.

The very least they could have added some kind of distraction....just some reason for the unified world champion to lose to a guy he's beat two times.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    even Kane feels more important then Batista.
    I'd rather watch Citizen Kane any day of the week over Batista. honestly CM Punk vs Kane was at least interesting while it lasted, but of course WWE knows we would rather watch Punk feud with an aging stale part timer who never wrestles in Triple H for the second time instead.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I'm really just trying to wrap my head around why Cena won the way he won. It would be fine if Orton loses to every one of his opponents, but he won against christian, and now that makes Christian look like a chump.

The very least they could have added some kind of distraction....just some reason for the unified world champion to lose to a guy he's beat two times.
    He beat Cena twice in typical dirty fashion and then lost to him clean on Raw... Hilarious how he's supposed to be "champion" but I guess it's ok because the guy has BOTH belts! That must make all the difference versus just holding the WWE title.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    I'd rather watch Citizen Kane any day of the week over Batista. honestly CM Punk vs Kane was at least interesting while it lasted, but of course WWE knows we would rather watch Punk feud with an aging stale part timer who never wrestles in Triple H for the second time instead.

He beat Cena twice in typical dirty fashion and then lost to him clean on Raw... Hilarious how he's supposed to be "champion" but I guess it's ok because the guy has BOTH belts! That must make all the difference versus just holding the WWE title.
    I meant no disrespect to Kane of course. I like Kane. It's just Batista is suppose to main event Wrestlemania and he doesn't feel like a big deal at all. When Rock was going to main event Wrestlemanias 28 and 29, he was a big deal. Even though he didn't wrestle on TV, he delivered promos and got into scuffles with other superstars and it moments you remember. Even when Brock Lesnar comes back for Wrestlemanias and Summerslams, he feels like a pretty big deal and he's not in the main event. If it wasn't for the fact that I know he's going to be in the main event of Wrestlemania, I'd forget Batista was back. Everyone's overshadowing him. I'm not looking forward to his match with Del Rio or his mania match vs Randy Orton. I'm sure Orton will still be in the match.

Another thing that saddened me about RAW was how fast Dolph Ziggler lost to Del Rio. So much for Ziggler getting a push. Some internet fans thought Ziggler would get a push after his Smackdown promo. Poor Ziggler.

The confrontation and buildup between The Shield and The Wyatt Family are the only interesting thing going on in the World Wrestling Entertainment in my opinion.

Yup, I'm really looking forward to it. The danger is that with all this hype it might just turn out to be a complete let down but I'll take that over any other program going on in the WWE right now.

It does appear that the Wyatts are more likely to win this due to the Shield's apparent split and Bray Wyatt's rumoured match at Wrestlemania which is why I'd love it if this wasn't just a one time thing and this saga continues for a while even past Wrestlemania but that likely won't happen
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

The Wyatt Family are more likely to win. For the reasons stated by the user above me. The Shield's breakup is already in motion and I bet at Wrestlemania, Roman Reigns wins the US belt. Hopefully he makes it meaningful again. I am looking forward to the Shield vs the Wyatt Family. I wanted this since the Wyatts debuted. Certainly looking more forward to this then the WWE World title match.

Well, after ignoring raw in its entirety I decided to watch smackdown. I'm confused as to what the hell happened, but rest assured I am unsatisfied:

Shield vs Bryan/Sheamus/Christian: after seeing this match, I am a bit confused as to what the WWE writing staff has planned for the chamber. The shield looked like an actual team despite everyone saying they're "breaking up", whereas all of bryan/sheamus/christian looked weak. Don't get me wrong, I know that there's no chance in hell that christian or sheamus are going to win the chamber, but do they really have to make it that obvious? If everyone minus Bryan/Cena had gained wins going into the chamber, then it'd make it seem like everyone has a fair shot at winning. Instead, we've seen sheamus and christian suffer multiple losses and Daniel Bryan get annihilated in every match including the one vs orton. I'll take Orton retains via some sort of sinister way for 500, alex.

Swagger vs Kofi vs Mysterio vs Henry: "give it up for Paul Schaffer and the jobber to the stars band!". In all seriousness, did this really have to happen? I get that mysterio, henry, and swagger are no longer going to be top-tier champions anytime soon, but did they really have to kill Kofi's momentum this quickly? He looked like a main-carder going into the rumble, then he did something amazing in the rumble, and now he's basically become fodder to the Ringo of the wwe. Swagger vs Big E is something I am not interested in, we all know Big E is just going to beat the crap out of him.

Usos/rhodes family vs New Age Outlaws/"Rybaxel": hottest tag team in wwe right now mixed in with four jobbers and arguably the second-most entertaining tag team of all time that's gone stale? Pass.

Darren Young vs Damien Sandow: if this match had happened six months ago, I would have been thoroughly excited due to Young being a fresh face in the tag-team title picture and sandow having a ton of momentum. Oh, how the times change things.

Fahn-Dahn-Goh vs the Miz: arguably the biggest shock of this episode for me. Santino will always remain a step above low-card jobbers due to his kid-friendly humor. Why the hell did they have to pair their second-greatest rookie diva with him? Santino has killed off the careers of plenty of potential mid-carders over the years (see: beth pheonix, Vladimir Kozlov), the fact they'd pair someone who could easily be a #1 contender to the divas title right now is a bad omen on the divas division.

Cesaro vs Orton: and with that, orton is 1-3. While it may have been overshadowed due to orton becoming more of an underdog, there actually was a pretty amazing match here. Cesaro churned out amazing moves that seemingly defy the laws of physics, orton actually looked like a champion for a change, and we saw no interference for a change. Factoring in the chamber and the match vs zayn on NXT in a few weeks, we could easily see Cesaro go down the same path as Bryan and easily become a main-eventer when they inevitably split up the championships at wrestlemania.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

I marked out when Cesaro beat Randy even if I saw the spoilers days in advance. xD Him winning wasn't too much of a shock but him winning clean was the real surprise. Hopefully all these loses doesn't hint at Randy retaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Well, after ignoring raw in its entirety I decided to watch smackdown. I'm confused as to what the hell happened, but rest assured I am unsatisfied
    Only you could complain about that smackdown lol

That smackdown blew away anything WWE has put on for the past 2 months at least. 3! Count them, 3, amazing matches, surrounded by logical backstage promos and the such. I have absolutely nothing to complain about for this episode, and actually recommend people who didn't catch it, to at least see the 6 man, four way, or main event.

when they inevitably split up the championships at wrestlemania.
    Why is this inevitable? They just combined the damn things, not even "once in a lifetime" WWE would retcon themselves on something they did but a few months before.

No they just combined the title names. For some idiotic reason there's still two belts.

Why is this inevitable? They just combined the damn things, not even "once in a lifetime" WWE would retcon themselves on something they did but a few months before.
    Even you have to admit that something is missing without a 4th championship in the WWE. The intercontinental title picture has gone almost non-existent as of late, the divas title picture has been a giant waste of time for quite a while now, and the tag-team title picture is essentially in a holding pattern until WM when the usos finally capture them. Aside from the shield vs wyatt rivalry and the main-title picture, there isn't really anything that "watchable" going on right now. Splitting up the championships would solve this, as it'd enable Orton to do is own thing for a while (hopefully a feud with cesaro), while enabling them to go in an entirely different direction and possibly have a Bryan vs Lesnar or Bryan vs Batista feud. That, and do you really think Orton would be carrying two 15-pound titles around with him week after week if they didn't at least have doubts about this working long-term?
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Even you have to admit that something is missing without a 4th championship in the WWE. The intercontinental title picture has gone almost non-existent as of late, the divas title picture has been a giant waste of time for quite a while now, and the tag-team title picture is essentially in a holding pattern until WM when the usos finally capture them. Aside from the shield vs wyatt rivalry and the main-title picture, there isn't really anything that "watchable" going on right now. Splitting up the championships would solve this, as it'd enable Orton to do is own thing for a while (hopefully a feud with cesaro), while enabling them to go in an entirely different direction and possibly have a Bryan vs Lesnar or Bryan vs Batista feud. That, and do you really think Orton would be carrying two 15-pound titles around with him week after week if they didn't at least have doubts about this working long-term?
    All I'm saying is that considering just how "monumental" Trips and company were calling the situation, doing it at Mania is ridiculous. Summerslam is around when I'd see it happening.

Also, no I haven't noticed a gap without a fourth title. Honestly, the product has gotten better with one less title to have someone "having a record breaking reign" because they simply aren't defending it.

All WWE needs to do is make feuds, period.

I loved that Smackdown. Cesaro defeating Orton clean is all I need to make the show good. I hope Cesaro has a good showing from now on. I was so happy for him.

This whole post has nothing to do with how many titles there are and everything to do with how horribly written the show is.

It doesn't really matter if there are 93 titles or just a handful when the writing is this pathetic.

Splitting the WWE WHC wouldn't solve anything. It would just give us another meaningless prop that delusional WWE thinks is going to "elevate" someone simply because they are holding it.

All WWE needs to do is make feuds, period.
    If they are anything like Alberto Del Rio vs Batista then forget it. I'd rather sit through a montage of all the Allstate Mayhem commercials.

Originally Posted by Mye

Shield vs Bryan/Sheamus/Christian: after seeing this match, I am a bit confused as to what the WWE writing staff has planned for the chamber. The shield looked like an actual team despite everyone saying they're "breaking up", whereas all of bryan/sheamus/christian looked weak. Don't get me wrong, I know that there's no chance in hell that christian or sheamus are going to win the chamber, but do they really have to make it that obvious? If everyone minus Bryan/Cena had gained wins going into the chamber, then it'd make it seem like everyone has a fair shot at winning. Instead, we've seen sheamus and christian suffer multiple losses and Daniel Bryan get annihilated in every match including the one vs orton. I'll take Orton retains via some sort of sinister way for 500, alex.
    I'd like to point out that The Shield may have shown signs of "breaking up", but they still have to put up with the Wyatts "encroaching" on their yard. They are still supposed to be a unit to show they can stand up to the Wyatts, though they can show signs of weakening. As for the opposite side, Christian is just there for filler, Sheamus for whatever, and Bryan to get people to watch the show. The chamber is every man for himself, so logically losing the match can lead to some hate in the chamber or over the next week or so's shows and create more tension for selling the chamber match.

Swagger vs Kofi vs Mysterio vs Henry: "give it up for Paul Schaffer and the jobber to the stars band!". In all seriousness, did this really have to happen? I get that mysterio, henry, and swagger are no longer going to be top-tier champions anytime soon, but did they really have to kill Kofi's momentum this quickly? He looked like a main-carder going into the rumble, then he did something amazing in the rumble, and now he's basically become fodder to the Ringo of the wwe. Swagger vs Big E is something I am not interested in, we all know Big E is just going to beat the crap out of him.
    Heck, at least it's not a Swagger wins non-title match, he gets a title shot sort of deal right? Will it be forgettable for Big E's reign? Probably, but Swagger is just there for fodder to put Big E over anyway and show his dominance. Simple formula, not like there's anyone else to really toss around with any bit of credibility. At least Swags has Zeb to do promo work for him...and SIGNS, ZEB HAS SIGNS to make it hopefully watchable.

As for the 8 man and main event of SD, they were two good TV matches honestly. To the average viewer, they were fun and enjoyable. Cesaro going over clean was honestly a good reason to watch. I can see Orton beating Sheamus on Monday because of this, but heck I hope Cesaro workhorse's this Chamber and starts off vs. Bryan if possible.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    This whole post has nothing to do with how many titles there are and everything to do with how horribly written the show is.

It doesn't really matter if there are 93 titles or just a handful when the writing is this pathetic.

Splitting the WWE WHC wouldn't solve anything. It would just give us another meaningless prop that delusional WWE thinks is going to "elevate" someone simply because they are holding it.
    Essentially what I said, but I agree completely lol

If they are anything like Alberto Del Rio vs Batista then forget it. I'd rather sit through a montage of all the Allstate Mayhem commercials.
    Funny, I feel that way about their top "feud" right now, the wyatts vs. Shield. Remember when feuds actually had something on the line? Why am I supposed to care about this feud when absolutely NOTHING happens to either team if they win/lose? (other than that they have a "loss" in their win/lose column, but in WWE the more losses you have the bigger the chance you'll get a title shot anyways)

I don't see Orton losing the WWE title imo
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Me neither, I think the Wyatt Family, The Shield, HHH or Kane will enter the chamber and screw all of them up, sadly....also
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Hey, Jerry Lawler was right! No Bad News Barret this week.
    /sees smackdown
    I'm afraid I got some bad news

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    Me neither, I think the Wyatt Family, The Shield, HHH or Kane will enter the chamber and screw all of them up, sadly....also

/sees smackdown
    I'm afraid I got some bad news
    Dang you got me

I know what the next Bad New Barret segment should be. "I'm afraid I got some bad news! Dave Batista is main eventing Wrestlemania, and he is getting little to no camera time. He's not being acknowledged on Smackdown at all and he's in a feud with Alberto Del Rio that nobody cares about and feels like a midcard feud compared to the other main event matches with Cena and Bryan. So WWE universe enjoy your Wrestlemania 30 Payperview!" If Barret did that, that would be a true bad news statement.

OR a CM PUNK bad news barret...IN CHICAGO XD
    That would bring him some BIG heat XD

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Funny, I feel that way about their top "feud" right now, the wyatts vs. Shield. Remember when feuds actually had something on the line? Why am I supposed to care about this feud when absolutely NOTHING happens to either team if they win/lose? (other than that they have a "loss" in their win/lose column, but in WWE the more losses you have the bigger the chance you'll get a title shot anyways)
    I think a happy medium is needed here. Personally I want the belts and title shots to mean something to every wrestler on the roster (if it fits their character) and for me a title shot is more interesting if there's an actual feud and an interesting story behind the competitors.

When no title is involved then it's really down to the creative department to give an interesting reason for us to care about the match-up so when Dolph Ziggler was having his mini feud with Damien Sandow, I didn't care because despite liking both of them there wasn't really much of a story between them.

The Shield and The Wyatts is interesting because since the Shield made their debuted they've pretty much faced makeshift teams of 3 but now there's another stable with an actual gimmick it's exciting to see what could happen if they collided especially as they've not faced each other before on WWE. It would be made even better if there was something on the line but sometimes you don't need something to be on the line to be excited for it to happen for example CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by King Lawliet View Post
    but sometimes you don't need something to be on the line to be excited for it to happen for example CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
    Uhh, wasn't "If I beat Brock, I'll get my hands on Heyman" like, notoriously what was on the line in all of their matches lol?

(see, feuds aren't even interesting enough to remember lol)

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn’t that first match just about it being 'The Best vs The Beast' and then the whole 'If I win I get some "alone" time with Heyman' stipulation wasn't really until he started with Curtis Axel and Ryback.

Either way the stipulation was still pretty meaningless after all why is a match or whatever stopping CM Punk getting his hands on Paul Heyman when he is right next to the ring.

You've also got the Undertaker's streak where yes I suppose it has ascended in prestige but ultimately it's just a win/loss for the performers involved. There was also The Rock vs John Cena (part one) that didn't have anything on the line but it was still exciting to see it happening.

There's probably more examples and I feel the main reason why people won't care about a feud where nothing is on the line is because the writers or whatever just don't make it interesting enough for us to care

Page 257 of 289 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast