Page 258 of 300 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 7496

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by King Lawliet View Post
    There's probably more examples and I feel the main reason why people won't care about a feud where nothing is on the line is because the writers or whatever just don't make it interesting enough for us to care
    I know that...you realize we are arguing the same point right?
    ----------------------------------

Haha, must have misread what you typed
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

There's a very strong chance I won't even be able to watch Wrestlemania because I have classes all day on Monday. The question is, am I **** out of luck or did I just dodge the most boring bullet ever?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    There's a very strong chance I won't even be able to watch Wrestlemania because I have classes all day on Monday. The question is, am I **** out of luck or did I just dodge the most boring bullet ever?
    Well, unless they squeeze Daniel Bryan in the there, you might miss a possible legendary fanjacking chant during Randy Orton vs Batista at mania. I'm sure they will chant random crap and Daniel Bryan the entire time. And I hope they do, just to see Orton and Batista lose their cool at the fans. Really the fanjacking is the most entertaining aspect of WWE right now.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Yeah, not even an hour into the show and we've seen the most boring canadian wrestler turn heel on the biggest face of the company, Daniel Bryan get obliterated by Kane again (because apparently Triple H is too self-indulged to do things by himself nowadays), and seen Emma earn the Dave Batista award for breaking character continuously during a match involving two jobbers. 10 years ago, popular sayings for wrestling were "raw is war" and "raw is jer-i-chooooooo!". It's funny how quick war and jer-i-choooo turn to meh when left in the hands of incompetent writers.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Lol, the shields entrance today was all kinds of f'd up. First Seth takes one sip of his water bottle and clearly litters it right in the stands, and then WWE had no problems filming the guy with the "boo this guy" batista sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    most boring canadian wrestler turn heel
    You HAVE to be kidding me. I just don't even know what to say.

yeah, although it won't be happening anumore, I mean Dean Ambrose did seem piss that Roman Reigns won...so it's safe to say that they will break at EC and the Wyatt family will win......and btw....I love Wyatt's scenes XD

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post

You HAVE to be kidding me. I just don't even know what to say.
    Edge, Lance Storm, Jericho. Hell, even Tyson Kidd is more entertaining than the canuckish marty janetty.

Edit: after seeing the wyatts/shield confrontation, I am legitimately wanting to see this match now. We have yet to see any physical confrontation with any of them, thus because of it we can easily assume that both teams stand a chance of winning.
    Last edited by Mye; 18th February 2014 at 3:09 AM.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D

Yeah, not even an hour into the show and we've seen the most boring canadian wrestler turn heel on the biggest face of the company, Daniel Bryan get obliterated by Kane again (because apparently Triple H is too self-indulged to do things by himself nowadays), and seen Emma earn the Dave Batista award for breaking character continuously during a match involving two jobbers. 10 years ago, popular sayings for wrestling were "raw is war" and "raw is jer-i-chooooooo!". It's funny how quick war and jer-i-choooo turn to meh when left in the hands of incompetent writers.
    I actually wanted #BadNewsBarett to be in this match like in The Miz vs Brodus Clay

Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    I actually wanted #BadNewsBarett to be in this match like in The Miz vs Brodus Clay
    If it helps, he destroyed the lego set of the rhodes brothers. Because as we all know, two grown dudes playing with children's toys is totally not creepy. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go finish my Pokemon X version while sipping on Blue Kool-Aid.

Lol XD
    Well....the match between Kingston and Swagger wasn't boring....yet it wasn't a highlight, I love how Barrett did that, I mean come on, you can't hate on his sense of humor and he enjoys Bad News Barett....infact...I think if he play his cards right, he can be BadNewsBarett AND fight as well

This isn't my mini RAW review, but a rant! John Cena belittles Cesaro's win against Orton on Smackdown by not only ignoring to mention it when he mentions that he and Daniel Bryan beat Orton, but he says that Cesaro is not on a winning streak. He says Orton was on a losing streak. I wanted Cesaro to slap the taste out of Cena for saying that. They just had a match. Superman Cena won. I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am angry about it. I booed so loudly! Cesaro has a huge victory against Randy Orton and John Cena just screws it. Arrrrrrrrgh DX

Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    Lol XD
    Well....the match between Kingston and Swagger wasn't boring....yet it wasn't a highlight, I love how Barrett did that, I mean come on, you can't hate on his sense of humor and he enjoys Bad News Barett....infact...I think if he play his cards right, he can be BadNewsBarett AND fight as well
    For me, the match between Kingston and Swagger did more to hurt kofi than it did to help swagger. They could've put rey mysterio in that match, and have him lose to swagger. Instead, Kofi continues along his massive fall from grace since the rumble and Jack Swagger becomes Big E fodder.

Also, am I the only one confused by the amount of minor changes occurring as of late? Antonio cesaro is now known as just "cesaro", big e langston is now known as just "big e", and we've seen people change ring attire like it's going out of style. More focus on good storylines, less focus on re-arranging the names of the guys competing.

Oh, and Cena/"Cesaro" had a pretty decent match. If Cena didn't do his stereotypical "STF out of nowhere, 1 2 3" crap I probably would've enjoyed it more. With all this momentum behind cesaro, we could easily see him outlasting quite a few guys in the chamber. Whether he'll win it or not depends entirely on whether they want to push Batista as a face or not (which after seeing his stupid antics involving del rio and the rumble, I sincerely hope they don't).

For me, the match between Kingston and Swagger did more to hurt kofi than it did to help swagger. They could've put rey mysterio in that match, and have him lose to swagger. Instead, Kofi continues along his massive fall from grace since the rumble and Jack Swagger becomes Big E fodder.

Also, am I the only one confused by the amount of minor changes occurring as of late? Antonio cesaro is now known as just "cesaro", big e langston is now known as just "big e", and we've seen people change ring attire like it's going out of style. More focus on good storylines, less focus on re-arranging the names of the guys competing.

Oh, and Cena/"Cesaro" had a pretty decent match. If Cena didn't do his stereotypical "STF out of nowhere, 1 2 3" crap I probably would've enjoyed it more. With all this momentum behind cesaro, we could easily see him outlasting quite a few guys in the chamber. Whether he'll win it or not depends entirely on whether they want to push Batista as a face or not (which after seeing his stupid antics involving del rio and the rumble, I sincerely hope they don't).
    Batista was on? I think I missed that part. Must have been a short appearance. I'll have to look for it. I forgot he was on the show tonight. Our Royal Rumble winner, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Batista was on? I think I missed that part. Must have been a short appearance. I'll have to look for it. I forgot he was on the show tonight. Our Royal Rumble winner, ladies and gentlemen.
    It was a minor backstage cameo. Orton made comments about how he carried batista's *** through evolution, batista scared him off. Then del rio came in with a neckbrace and said he'd break batista's arms off and batista pushed him into a shelf. Nothing says "Main Event of Wrestlemania"-worthy like having a deranged fan-bullying psychopath beating up mid-carders.

It was a minor backstage cameo. Orton made comments about how he carried batista's *** through evolution, batista scared him off. Then del rio came in with a neckbrace and said he'd break batista's arms off and batista pushed him into a shelf. Nothing says "Main Event of Wrestlemania"-worthy like having a deranged fan-bullying psychopath beating up mid-carders.
    I've been so anti-Batista lately. And I'm not stopping now! WWE is doing a lousy job of making me care about Boretista. Not only does he not wrestle on TV, he barely appears. Cena and Byran both get bigger reactions. I find it funny they aren't trying to build Batista up. I'm so bored with the character. I suppose they can start after Elimination Chamber. But in the past WWE has managed to build up for Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania at the same time. I guess it's not all Boretista's fault. It's not like he's the Rock.

I still can't believe Botchtista is gonna main event WM.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I've been so anti-Batista lately. And I'm not stopping now! WWE is doing a lousy job of making me care about Boretista. Not only does he not wrestle on TV, he barely appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I still can't believe Botchtista is gonna main event WM.
    I'm in the exact same boat.

As good as that Cena/Cesaro match was, once again they've bulldozed another rising star's momentum for NO REASON whatsoever. Did Cena have to win clean? really? He's already bulletproof and yet they insist on this kind of BS booking.

Oh and come on now... Legos aren't just for kids...

What percent chance would you give each guy in the Chamber to win the title and go on to main event Wrestlemania vs. Batista? I've got...

1) Randy Orton - 65% I view Orton as better than even money to retain and face Batista. They clearly seem to want Batista to be a face for at least a little bit longer, so it makes sense that a heel would win. And WWE frigging LOVES Orton, so I doubt we'll be free of him yet. All his recent losses just scream run-of-the-mill red herring stuff.

2) Daniel Bryan - 15% If Orton DOESN'T win, Bryan is the only other realistic option I see them going with, but it seems weird to have Bryan headlining 'Mania as the champ. It would be more fitting for him to ascend to the championship by winning it AT Mania. I figure it's most likely that Kane costs Bryan the EC match, so then they can waste Bryan on a match with Kane at WrestleMania.

3) John Cena - 10% With Cena, there's ALWAYS a chance he'll be headlining Wrestlemania, but I think they're going to go in another direction and have Cena wrestle Bray Wyatt at 'Mania.

4) Cesaro - 6% He's a heel, so it would fit in line with keeping Batista the face of the match. It would certainly be a noticeable shock to have Cesaro suddenly be THE GUY, but he's just not ready yet.

5) Sheamus - 4% Anything is POSSIBLE, but it seems insanely unlikely. But then, Batista got put RIGHT into Wrestlemania, so why not throw in the other recently-returned guy, too?

6) Christian - 0% He has no chance whatsoever, and is just a warm body in the match to be the first elimination and take sick bumps, most likely.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Seeing as WWE always seems to phone it in for Commercialmania, I'm gonna go with a 90% chance Randy wins.

9.99999% chance Cena walks out as champ simply because he's technically above everyone else.

and finally a .00001% chance Daniel Bryan wins

0% on everyone else. They are glorified red shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat.

As good as that Cena/Cesaro match was, once again they've bulldozed another rising star's momentum for NO REASON whatsoever. Did Cena have to win clean? really? He's already bulletproof and yet they insist on this kind of BS booking.

Oh and come on now... Legos aren't just for kids...
    What really made me mad was how Cena tried to belittle Cesaro's Smackdown victory against Randy Orton. He mentions himself and Daniel Bryan as guys who beat Randy Orton. Then he tells Cesaro that he's not on a winning streak and but that Randy Orton is on a losing streak. Then they have a match and of course Superman Cena wins. It's Damien Sandow all over again. Wow! Just wow! Ugh, I dislike John Cena so much right now!

99% Randy Orton
    1% Daniel Bryan

I really enjoyed the Cesaro vs Cena match and I especially liked the spot where Cena reversed the Giant Swing into a DDT.

While I was hoping that Cesaro won I guess I can understand a bit why Cena won, hopefully this loss and his inevitable loss in the Chamber doesn't set him back too much.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Honestly, pretty good raw overall. We got DB/Christian, Reigns/Henry, and Cesaro/Cena, three singles matches I'm pretty sure have never happened before. And, all three were pretty good too. When WWE doesn't give us the same matches every 2 weeks, and give us new guys facing each other, it leads to better viewing in my opinion.

Cena/Cesaro in itself was PPV quality alone for great it was as a TV match. Cena got a guy to make him look like the ring general he is, and Cesaro got a top guy who even in the loss made him look like a top star. The pop for the swing, and the deflect of the AA by flipping and landing on his feet, Cesaro is a true beast. Hopefully he keeps his momentum from this, because he honestly deserves it. As for the loss, it does make sense in keeping with Cena's not ready to pass the torch promo he gave a week or two ago.

Also can't wait for the Wyatt/Shield match, man if only it were inside the EC too, it'd have potential to be really great. But, still gotta love those Wyatt promos they basically sold me on the match, and the avoiding physical confrontation for the last 2 weeks. I really wanna see this although under better circumstances would have been nice too.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Seeing as everyone is posting their elimination chamber match odds, I should probably post mine:

Randy Orton, 50% chance of winning: I know everyone has him pegged to win by an obscene amount, but for me there are plenty of factors in play that could easily lead to him losing the title. For starters, the match itself isn't exactly set yet. Daniel Bryan got massacred by Kane again on raw, so we could easily see the corporation boot him out due to "injury" and replace him with either Brock or Kane. Secondly, while he has had "successful" feuds with Bryan and Cena recently he's also had one with Triple H on the back-burner which could easily be relied upon for a wrestlemania match. If history has taught us anything, it's that when there are multiple favorites the champion always retains. Randy Orton can win this match, and probably will should he get massive interference from the likes of Kane and company.

John Cena, 20% chance of winning: I don't know why, but as of late I've had a giant feeling in my gut that Cena will do a massive heel turn. It started prior to the rumble, when all hell broke loose during the championship ascension ceremony and had cena remain unscathed along with the corporation, and has continued along with his recent string of wins and his Richard Sherman-esque mic-bashing of Cesaro on raw. As of late, Cena has been the third most important face in the company (behind Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns). If he does do a heel turn at the chamber, we could easily see a massive revamp in the company to the point of shows being legitimately watchable (with orton, batista, and cena being heel, and guys like Roman Reigns, Bryan, and Cesaro leading the charge as the top faces).

Antonio Cesaro, 20% chance of winning: Prior to Cena stealing a win off him on raw, I actually had Cesaro as a favorite to win the chamber by a significant margin. One look at his recent activity, and it's not hard to see why: amazing match vs Orton on SD, a bunch of good matches on NXT, Zeb taking full control of his talking duties, and an upcoming match with Zayn. Cesaro easily had the most momentum of anyone entering the chamber, until this past monday. Then Cena came in, and for no explicable reason murdered Cesaro on the microphone before ripping out his heart and forcing him to eat it in what would've been a pretty decent match. Cesaro still has a chance of winning, and out of all the people in the chamber I actually hope he does. If he doesn't, then at least he has a rivalry with either Zayn or Cena to fall back on.

Daniel Bryan/Kane/Brock: 10% chance of winning: Since I'm still heavily skeptical of their inclusion of bryan into this match (after leaving him out of the -bleep-ing rumble), I decided to include his two logical replacements into this category as well under the assumption that these odds cover one "place" in the chamber and not one person in and of itself. Daniel Bryan is the journeyman face of the wwe right now: for what is going on 2+ years now the higher-ups have refused to hand him a title, thus he's essentially been the 2009 face randy orton of today in that he's leaps and bounds "over" the champion and everyone around him. Whether he'll actually win at the elimination chamber depends entirely on two core questions though: is the WWE ready to have Batista turn heel, and is Bryan going to be snubbed out of another damn pay-per-view? If they are ready to accept Batista as a heel, and have Bryan actually participate in a main event, then he should have a decent shot at winning. If not, then we could easily see him either be obliterated by Kane again or have a Brock vs Batista bore-fest at WM.

Sheamus/Christian: 0% chance of winning: I'll sum it up in a haiku: two odd guys, they are so boring, they're out first!

Randy Orton, 100%.

Not saying there won't be bumps along the way, such as in-match shenanigans that later add Bryan to the main event match, but any thought of any one of those competitors other than Randy winning is just illogical.

Cesaro? Main Eventing Wrestlemania? Lol

Page 258 of 300 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast