Page 260 of 298 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 7447

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Orton vs Batista in the main event....

I'm not excited about that match at all. This isn't 2005 anymore. I would say, cross your fingers and hope it becomes a Triple Threat match at least, but that's doubtful. Daniel Bryan will most likely face Triple H, or Kane at Wrestlemania. Brock Lesnar will probably face Undertaker. I wouldn't be surprised if Brock and Taker start their feud tomorrow night, or even on next weeks Raw. Cena vs the Wyatts is a lock.

Here's some of my predicted match card for Wrestlemania....

Orton vs Batista (This is a lock)

Cena vs Bray Wyatt (This is a lock)

Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker (Still waiting for this to be a lock)

Daniel Bryan vs Triple H or Kane (Pretty sure this is a lock)

Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins in a Triple Threat Match (Still waiting for this to be a lock)
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 24th February 2014 at 5:30 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

So I think Batista might outdo The Rock at Wrestlemania and get gassed out in three minutes. Del Rio caried him tonight, and all he did was a bad spear and Batista Bomb.

ugh WWE, just ugh.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

If the title match ends up being Orton vs Batista... that will be a worse main event than even Twice in a lifetime. There's no way the crowd is going to give a damn about either of these guys.

I streamed the pay per view just to see if the crowd was actually going to get behind one of the most forgettable characters in Alberto, and hilariously enough they did. Batista got booed at every turn and there were tons of Si chants and even a Bootista chant.

Also I agree with the above fellow in that Batista looked awful throughout and was pretty much being carried by Del Rio...
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 24th February 2014 at 10:20 AM.

Shall we start the guessing that to explain the amount of fans possibly walking out on the main event (if they were smart), they do a last minute "announcement" that the match will be an empty arena match? I honestly don't get how they let batista win the RR and go on to main event mania without any actual cardio or physical what so ever. At least Rocky trains regularly and took the courtesy to get into some ring shape to try and wrestle two full length matches against Cena.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

So, they're really committed to this Orton vs. Batista thing, huh? Well good luck on that. I wasn't planning on watching WrestleMania 30, anyway.

Right now, I'm just curious to see what Undertaker's WrestleMania program will be. His matches have been the highlight of the show for the last five years in a row now, so I guess there's that to look forward to.

you guys need to be more excited about bray vs cena and whoever the shield(reigns) wrestle. these guys were incredible last night and i'm looking forward to their matches at WM. batista is terrible his moveset is limited and his push was unwanted and not deserved. .
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Sounds like the 6 man was pretty legendary. For those who watched, how good was it? Like Team hell no/ryback vs. Shield at TLC good?
    ----------------------------------

I didn't watch Elimination Chamber. I'm saving my money for other things. But it sounds like we're entering a new era in WWE. The 'Fans Rebellion/Revolt' era. Bootista huh? I wish I could have seen Alberto Del Rio get cheered. Sounds like he was the hero of that match. I'm sure he didn't mind. If WWE did a better job of hyping Boretista up, I might feel bad for him and try to get behind him. But WWE has done a lousy job with him. He appears so briefly, it never feels like a big deal, and he doesn't even wrestle on TV. I Know Lesnar and Rock didn't wrestle on TV either, but at least they both felt like a big deal when they were on. WWE's got a problem on their hands, which I'm sure they'll just ignore. Of course with their new host for Wrestlemania 30, I'm sure they'll cover it up. Let the Fans Rebellion/Revolt era begin.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I will Devil's Advocate enough to say that last night was probably their best booked PPV in a long time. They didn't go the super obvious route and have the Shield break up, they gave the Rhodes Brothers at least a LITTLE momentum, and they gave Bryan an "in" to the main event at Wrestlemania.

Of course, it all comes down to what they do with the Bryan/Kane thing; they basically have two roads. The first road, which is the WRONG road and will lead to the fans eating Wrestlemania alive is to just have a Kane/Bryan match. The second road, which HAS to be the road they are taking, otherwise the whole company is hopelessly lost, is to have the Authority use Kane's interference as a reason to put Bryan in a triple threat match with Batista and Orton. HHH and Steph seem to be playing this stupid "'tweener" role where they are both heels AND faces, so the latter seems possible to me. If it is, they are finally playing Wrestlemania perfectly.

Unless they do all that and then have Batista win the belt (of, God forbid, Randy retain it) at Wrestlemania anyway. Then screw 'em.

As a matter of fact, I would tease the hell out of going for a Kane/Bryan match at Wrestlemania instead of the alternative. I would open Raw tonight with The Authority coming out to congratulate Orton on still being the Face Of The WWE (Why don't they just call the combined titles THAT? They clearly want to). Orton comes out to join them and talks about how amazing he is or whatever it is he usually rambles on about. Cena's music hits, and he comes out going on about injustice in the Chamber. The Authority assumes he is talking about the Wyatts attacking him, but Cena cuts them off and say something about how he'll handle his own business as long as the Authority handles theirs. He then tells them Kane went rogue and directly influenced a Wrestlemania main event, and he supposedly answers to them, so they need to make it right.

So the Authorith calls Kane down, and he comes to the ring, shooting hate at Cena with his eyes. They all blather on a bit with Orton looking increasingly desperate at the thought of what they might do with the OBVIOUS allusion being to a Triple Threat match. Then the Authority declares Kane/Bryan will have a match at Wrestlemania. Crowd erupts in "NO! NO! NO!" or something. And, hell I dunno--they don't pay me to book their stuff--it eventually sorts itself out over the next few days and they decided to put Bryan in the Wrestlemania title match instead.

Bryan wins at 'Mania. Everyone is happy.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Sounds like the 6 man was pretty legendary. For those who watched, how good was it? Like Team hell no/ryback vs. Shield at TLC good?
    Great atmosphere and set up to the match, and a great match itself. The fans were chanting "This is Awesome" before the match even started, and there were dual "Let's Go Wyatts, Let's go Shield" chants during most of the match. All men involved looked great, yes even Erick Rowan looked great. Also, if you wanna see Luke Harper pulling off a suicide dive, yeah you are reading that right, it was a pretty good match, easily 4 star caliber.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Remember when Cena won the Rumble and Rock was still champ after last year's elimination chamber and we were all hoping they wouldn't give us Twice in a lifetime? That kind of dread has come back to me...

The Wyatts vs The Shield was a amazing match! It was my favorite match of the night! The atmosphere of the match was great, and the fans were really into it. The match itself was excellent.

1693 1038 1902

I watched the pay-per-view (albeit begrudgingly), and I can honestly say that it had two good matches.

The rhodes vs rybaxel match was confusing, to say the very least. Curtis axel looked like a million bucks, goldust looked like crap, and for some odd reason there was a 70-yr old man at ringside. Rybaxel remained in complete obscurity, whereas the rhodes family continues its fall from grace proving that the titles were the only things keeping them interesting.

The actual tag team championship match in and of itself was one of my two favorite matches of the night. The usos looked like guys I would legitimately enjoy as tag-team champions, using a few new moves mixed in with their regular routine. As for the new age outlaws, they continue to amaze me. Road dogg has the greatest mic skills in the company right now (with punk gone), whereas Billy continues to build on what I am hoping is the swan song to a (hopefully) hall of fame career. If the usos had won this match, it would have hurt them immensely leading up to wrestlemania. Because they lost though, we can safely assume that WWE is waiting until wrestlemania for them to finally make an impact.

The other match I enjoyed from this pay-per-view was the wyatts vs the shield. Going into this match, I was terrified for two reasons: with it being a 6-man tag match there was a shot at having multiple people look horrible, and with so many interesting factors in this match it could easily outshine the main event. Not only did everyone stand out in their unique ways, but the actual match gave the pay-per-view so much momentum that it sorta made the main event watchable, if that makes sense. I would comment further on this match, but much like Cesaro vs Zayn I would rather let people watch what is arguably the greatest six-man tag team match of all time.

To keep this chat clean, I would rather not talk about Del Rio vs Batista. It is safe to say though that if they do not make orton a face going into the title match, they will have the worst main event of any wwe pay-per-view in history.

The chamber match, ugh. Going into this match, I had a few predictions (quote below). Sure enough, every single one of them managed to happen. Bray inserted himself into the match and took out cena, then Kane inserted himself into the match and basically murdered Bryan. Prior to orton physically entering the match, we had about 10mins of amazing wrestling. Then orton entered, and all of a sudden it seemed like the innovation died off completely. The fact they had yet another match end like this confuses the hell out of me going into wrestlemania. Orton is on a massive pay-per-view winning streak with all but one match (cena at the rumble) having outside interference, making him an unchangeable heel for the foreseeable future. At the same time, Batista is so bad at wrestling right now and was so obviously brought in for star power (much like the rock, only less popular and was technically a heel when he quit in 2010) that the audience finds him to be boring and thus hate the hell out of him, making him a heel painted as a face by the notoriously-horrible writing staff. Unless they add someone else to this match (lesnar, bryan, even reigns or cesaro) the match between orton and batista is guaranteed to be unwatchable. Thus, unless they have someone there who the audience can sorta get behind, the audience will probably flee the building before the pay per view is even finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post

Randy Orton, 50% chance of winning: I know everyone has him pegged to win by an obscene amount, but for me there are plenty of factors in play that could easily lead to him losing the title. For starters, the match itself isn't exactly set yet. Daniel Bryan got massacred by Kane again on raw, so we could easily see the corporation boot him out due to "injury" and replace him with either Brock or Kane. Secondly, while he has had "successful" feuds with Bryan and Cena recently he's also had one with Triple H on the back-burner which could easily be relied upon for a wrestlemania match. If history has taught us anything, it's that when there are multiple favorites the champion always retains. Randy Orton can win this match, and probably will should he get massive interference from the likes of Kane and company.
    Also, Captain Man-Sausage Hulk Hogan returns tonight. In order for me to actually have interest in him returning, he would need to bring a long a few buddies:

~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

The Shield VS Wyatts match was golden and people say that Roman and Bray are the only stars from their teams. Dean, Seth, Luke and Eric proved that they are just as much a reason to the success to their groups as Roman or Bray are. I'm curious to where Dean was after he brawled with Bray.
    Last edited by J Ken; 26th February 2014 at 1:51 AM.

Originally Posted by Mye

The rhodes vs rybaxel match was confusing, to say the very least. Curtis axel looked like a million bucks, goldust looked like crap, and for some odd reason there was a 70-yr old man at ringside. Rybaxel remained in complete obscurity, whereas the rhodes family continues its fall from grace proving that the titles were the only things keeping them interesting.
    Yes having a wrestling legend come out for his grandson's match in their home region is an odd reason indeed. Hopefully we get something tonight that gets people wanting to see Mania or something indicating it's not going to be Batista vs Orton in the main event. Still holding out for that Triple Threat with Bryan, or even better if they manage to convince Punk to come back and put him in for a fatal four way.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Yes having a wrestling legend come out for his grandson's match in their home region is an odd reason indeed. Hopefully we get something tonight that gets people wanting to see Mania or something indicating it's not going to be Batista vs Orton in the main event. Still holding out for that Triple Threat with Bryan, or even better if they manage to convince Punk to come back and put him in for a fatal four way.
    If they had some build-up between the rhodes family (and dusty) and curtis axel, it would've made sense for him to be out there. Instead, it just confused the crap out of me.

Also, the bulkster opened raw and did his same old shtick (without the NWO, sadly). Tonight, we see Kane vs Bryan and a rematch of the worst match on the pay per view last night. Should be fun, or wait, not fun. Horrible, that's the word!
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    The Shield VS Wyatts match was golden and people say that Roman and Bray are the only stars from their teams. Dean, Seth, Luke and Erin proved that they are just as much a reason to the success to their groups as Roman or Bray are. I'm curious to where Dean was after he brawled with Bray.
    I meant Eric. -.-

This RAW is okay I guess. I'm pumped for Bray VS Roman though. But I'm not sure whether to be happy that Triple H will be D-Bryan's opponent. It seems fitting for storyline purposes but winning the world title is more of a crowd pleasure more so then having Batista.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I meant Eric. -.-

This RAW is okay I guess. I'm pumped for Bray VS Roman though. But I'm not sure whether to be happy that Triple H will be D-Bryan's opponent. It seems fitting for storyline purposes but winning the world title is more of a crowd pleasure more so then having Batista.
    If they actually go through with it, it's an abortion of booking. Any Wrestlemania that DOESN'T end with Bryan winning the belt is crap and will rightfully get peed all over by the fans.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    If they actually go through with it, it's an abortion of booking. Any Wrestlemania that DOESN'T end with Bryan winning the belt is crap and will rightfully get peed all over by the fans.
    Yeah, the idea of Bryan winning the belt just got shat on like my living room rug (thank you Ziggles, you stupid -bleep- ing cat). Based on the way they're booking things, I fully expect wrestlemania to cap off what is arguably the worst string of pay per views of all time. It'll be the third major tragedy to happen to louisiana since 2004, the other two of course being Katrina and the 2012 Saints season.

Wow! I knew that Boretista would get booed, but man. I think we actually found a baby face who gets more heat then John Cena. Nothing Boretista could do, could get him over. Even Randy Orton got a bigger pop. And I love Boretista's face when he was looking at the crowd, with that teasing smile. This made my night. I'll give my full thoughts on RAW tomorrow when the shows over, but man, Boretista's going to have a tough time main eventing Wrestlemania. Especially since the WWE still don't treat him like the big attraction to mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Wow! I knew that Boretista would get booed, but man. I think we actually found a baby face who gets more heat then John Cena. Nothing Boretista could do, could get him over. Even Randy Orton got a bigger pop. And I love Boretista's face when he was looking at the crowd, with that teasing smile. This made my night. I'll give my full thoughts on RAW tomorrow when the shows over, but man, Boretista's going to have a tough time main eventing Wrestlemania. Especially since the WWE still don't treat him like the big attraction to mania.
    To be fair, Batista was just a generally horrible choice to begin with. Let's go over what happened:

-Batista loses to Cena in an I-quit match, in which he is humiliated by having his feet duct-taped together around the turnbuckle so he is unable to stand-up
    -Batista then goes on a giant rant the following raw, blaming the audience for his downfalls and quits
    ~3 year hiatus in which he stars in a crappy Mummy sequel and an even worse mma career~
    -Batista makes a return in the rumble, with Alberto Del Rio (a heel who was recently a face) hating him and the Authority (heels) supporting him
    -Batista wins the rumble by eliminating a rookie who not only set a new record, but was also on a massive tear with everyone expecting him to turn face
    -After the rumble, Batista gets into a feud with a fan and then proceeds to mock Daniel Bryan's "Yes" chants only with his middle fingers in the air instead of his index fingers
    -Batista feuds with ADR, has the worst match of his entire career at elimination chamber with fans cheering for everyone except him and giving him what is easily the biggest negative reaction we've seen in the post-NWO era

As you can see, Batista has done nothing to even merit the audience's cheers, let alone their respect. This guy has tried to become a hybrid of Brock and the Rock but with no star-power to speak of and in ring talent that is incredibly amateur, he's more of a mockery of the two. The authority thought they could turn Batista into a believable heel by having him win the rumble, but with DB not in the match and with Batista eliminating not only a face but arguably their best young talent, he took a completely avoidable heel turn which was only accelerated by his after-rumble antics. It truly is hard to get behind a guy who has made a mockery of the business for what is going on 4 years.

Man, I used to watch WWE religiously back in middle school and early high school. 2004-2006 were great years. I heard WWE started to go downhill since 2008-present. That true?
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    To be fair, Batista was just a generally horrible choice to begin with. Let's go over what happened:

-Batista loses to Cena in an I-quit match, in which he is humiliated by having his feet duct-taped together around the turnbuckle so he is unable to stand-up
    -Batista then goes on a giant rant the following raw, blaming the audience for his downfalls and quits
    ~3 year hiatus in which he stars in a crappy Mummy sequel and an even worse mma career~
    -Batista makes a return in the rumble, with Alberto Del Rio (a heel who was recently a face) hating him and the Authority (heels) supporting him
    -Batista wins the rumble by eliminating a rookie who not only set a new record, but was also on a massive tear with everyone expecting him to turn face
    -After the rumble, Batista gets into a feud with a fan and then proceeds to mock Daniel Bryan's "Yes" chants only with his middle fingers in the air instead of his index fingers
    -Batista feuds with ADR, has the worst match of his entire career at elimination chamber with fans cheering for everyone except him and giving him what is easily the biggest negative reaction we've seen in the post-NWO era

As you can see, Batista has done nothing to even merit the audience's cheers, let alone their respect. This guy has tried to become a hybrid of Brock and the Rock but with no star-power to speak of and in ring talent that is incredibly amateur, he's more of a mockery of the two. The authority thought they could turn Batista into a believable heel by having him win the rumble, but with DB not in the match and with Batista eliminating not only a face but arguably their best young talent, he took a completely avoidable heel turn which was only accelerated by his after-rumble antics. It truly is hard to get behind a guy who has made a mockery of the business for what is going on 4 years.
    That does all make sense. Still the boos had me laughing so hard. Boretista main eventing Wrestlemania. I can't wait to see the WWE fans tear that main event apart. What comedy it will be. I can't wait to see it. I can't wait to see the frustration on Boretista's face. This is the most fun I've had in WWE in years. I'm so evil.

To Maldread, WWE started to drop during the PG era. I think it began in 2008. But fans were already getting tired of John Cena by like what was it, 2006? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Man, I used to watch WWE religiously back in middle school and early high school. 2004-2006 were great years. I heard WWE started to go downhill since 2008-present. That true?
    To a degree. I myself didn't start watching dedicatedly till 2009. But many people say that the PG era partially ruined the product around that time. There were quite a few good storylines like Randy Orton VS McMahons, Edge VS Cena and Hardy VS Punk but many people began to grow tired of tedious storylines and I think that they started to get tired of Cena around 2008 or so as well.

I absolutely loved the ending of Raw! When Undertakers music hit I was ecstatic and happy. I thought this weeks episode of Raw was pretty good! I also really liked the Roman Reigns/Bray Wyatt match.

I really got bored once again with the Batista/Del Rio match...This years Wrestlemania Main Event is going to suck so much.

Last edited by NintendoFan82; 25th February 2014 at 8:17 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Page 260 of 298 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast