Page 261 of 300 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 7494

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Pretty good Raw even if it was completely predictable. Oh and Bray Wyatt's promo on Cena was absolute gold.

That being said Daniel Bryan vs Triple H is just stupid. Why does it seem like Triple H has to be in every big match? Is he actually drawing anyone into the product? He is overexposed, past his prime and beyond stale. Not to mention if H couldn't put Lesnar over at Mania then what chance does Bryan have? It's no wonder Punk left...

As for Snoretista, I'm actually shocked at how slow and out of shape he is now. I think even Hogan was in better shape. You could tell after only a few minutes of cringe inducing offense that the guy was already badly winded.

Boo-tista vs. Blandy Boreton.

Daniel Bryan vs HHH, who notoriously has epically bad 'Mania matches and is just doing what he's done for 15 years... find the hottest thing in the company and making it all about him.

Undertaker vs Brock. Who cares? There is absolutely NO drama here because there's NO WAY Brock ends the streak.

I was thinking about getting WWE Network so I could watch 'Mania, but now I'm strongly reconsidering. What an awful event.
    Last edited by Sid87; 25th February 2014 at 12:11 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Time to give my mini review of RAW. I enjoyed it. Especially Boretista getting booed the way he did. The way I see it we're either going to have two heels in the main event, because Boretista's more hated then John Cena right now, or maybe they crazy and flip Orton face. I think Orton will get more cheers at mania then Boretista right now. Also Boretista is so out of shape. If he's going to main event Wrestlemania, he better get into shape and fast. I love all the booing for Boretista. It amuses and entertains me.

Hulk Hogan returned to WWE and is back home. I enjoyed hearing his entrance music, but I for some reason I thought he'd get a much bigger reaction. I remember one time where he returned and they had to wait like almost 5 minutes for the crowd to settle down. Good to see good ole Hulk Hogan back and glad he's going to be at Wrestlemania 30. He's earned the right to be there.

The Wyatt Family continue to impress me. I loved Bray Wyatts promo on John Cena. It was good. This is a guy I can see being a major player in WWE. I'm glad with the push they have given him. And when they confronted the Shield in the back as if it was nothing at all, wow! Love these guys. Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns also had a good match.

Emma vs Summer Rae. Emma's a strange chick, but that's her gimmick. I did like her Emma Lock move. Looked really cool.

Daniel Bryan vs Triple H. I guess this is really happening. The question is will Triple H put Bryan over? I'm just wondering that.

Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker. I would have preferred this years earlier, when Taker could wrestle daily. I love the Undertaker, but the poor guy looks so old now. Still I can't wait to see Undertaker destroy Brock Lesnar. The Streak will never die and Taker is a legend among legends!

Those are my main thoughts on RAW. Also was RAW in widescreen last night?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Is WWE even trying anymore, I mean really?

My problem with their booking of this Wrestlemania is not with the fact that it's bad/incredibly boring, its the fact that despite the crud they've put on for the last few months, this Mania still had the potential to be a solid show, even without resorting to trump cards like Cena vs. Taker.

What I just don't get, is just like last year, they are throwing away year/half year long feuds for something out of the blue. Last year they had Punk reign for what, 10 months of the wrestlemania calender year as champ, just to NOT main event mania? This year, they had numerous feuds, namely Bryan/Orton, to use.

So without resorting to trump cards, or what I'd personally want to see, I think this is a LOGICAL card that WWE would actually book.

The Undertaker Vs. Roman Reigns
    Randy Orton Vs. Daniel Bryan for WWE World's Heavyweight championship
    Cena Vs. Bray Wyatt
    Brie Bella(w/total divas) vs. AJ lee(with heel divas)
    Usos vs. New Age Outlaws for WWE World's Tag team championship
    Ambrose and Rollins(with Reigns) vs. Rowan and Harper(with Bray)

Dark match- Batista(w/spotlight) Vs. WWE Universe(w/Floating Wrestlmania Logo) in an I Quit match

Again, not what I would book personally, but I think its something that WWE would book, that would actually make sense.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Is WWE even trying anymore, I mean really?

My problem with their booking of this Wrestlemania is not with the fact that it's bad/incredibly boring, its the fact that despite the crud they've put on for the last few months, this Mania still had the potential to be a solid show, even without resorting to trump cards like Cena vs. Taker.

What I just don't get, is just like last year, they are throwing away year/half year long feuds for something out of the blue. Last year they had Punk reign for what, 10 months of the wrestlemania calender year as champ, just to NOT main event mania? This year, they had numerous feuds, namely Bryan/Orton, to use.

So without resorting to trump cards, or what I'd personally want to see, I think this is a LOGICAL card that WWE would actually book.

The Undertaker Vs. Roman Reigns
    Randy Orton Vs. Daniel Bryan for WWE World's Heavyweight championship
    Cena Vs. Bray Wyatt
    Brie Bella(w/total divas) vs. AJ lee(with heel divas)
    Usos vs. New Age Outlaws for WWE World's Tag team championship
    Ambrose and Rollins(with Reigns) vs. Rowan and Harper(with Bray)

Dark match- Batista(w/spotlight) Vs. WWE Universe(w/Floating Wrestlmania Logo) in an I Quit match

Again, not what I would book personally, but I think its something that WWE would book, that would actually make sense.
    LOL! Batista vs the WWE Universe! That would be a legendary Wrestlemania match. I want to see it now. I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten Cena vs Taker yet. WWE hasnt had to resort to it yet.

I give this booking a 10/10 lol.

The Wyatts continue to amaze me. Anytime they're in a match I have to sit up. Not only the Wyatts, but Cesaro as well. I haven't been this into WWE since before the PG era. Not really looking forward to Wrestlemania, but I'll see what the rest of the card looks like. I'm gonna wait until then to use my free week trial of the WWE Network. If it disappoints, hey it was free.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten Cena vs Taker yet. WWE hasnt had to resort to it yet.
    It would have been nice to see 3-4 years ago, back when there was that slight chance WWE would turn Cena heel just because of the crowds starting to boo him for being stale.(of course WWE took it as a sign to make that his gimmick, but thats not the point here)

Unfortunately we'll get the opposite of the spectrum, more than likely it will happen in a 2-3 years, between two staler than stale charcters, who will then be an old guy, and a really old guy.

Taker still puts on better matches than anyone in last 2 years bar the odd NXT/Superstars match. How can he even be stale when he only wrestles like 2 months out of the year?

Simply him being there makes the match interesting imo

id go to mania just for this

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Taker still puts on better matches than anyone in last 2 years bar the odd NXT/Superstars match.
    He puts on better matches because he gets 40 minutes for a match he choreographs, while everyone else gets 10 minutes more than likely designed by bill demott or someone to that effect.

I think its safe to say you could pick any random person on the roster, say Heath Slater, and with that much free will and match length, that they'd put on just as legendary of a match.

How can he even be stale when he only wrestles like 2 months out of the year?
    ...The same reason Triple H is stale when he wrestles 2 months out of the year? A dead man who does a chokeslam, last ride, and old school one year, is the same dead man who does a chokeslam, last ride, and old school the next year. The difference is now storylines/feuds have so little substance that Taker gets no evolution to his character, or even reason to be at the event other than to add +1 to his streak.(and money in WWE's pocket of course)

Simply him being there makes the match interesting imo
    If you're in to seeing the same "Vs. HBK" formula repeated for the 4th time, i.e. 7000 near falls and kicking out finishers, than by all means. I myself and not interested in a match we already know the result to, and has zero ramifications to either participant.

I think its safe to say you could pick any random person on the roster, say Heath Slater, and with that much free will and match length, that they'd put on just as legendary of a match.
    Probably, but I doubt it would have the same sort of drama/special feel to it...

...The same reason Triple H is stale when he wrestles 2 months out of the year? A dead man who does a chokeslam, last ride, and old school one year, is the same dead man who does a chokeslam, last ride, and old school the next year. The difference is now storylines/feuds have so little substance that Taker gets no evolution to his character, or even reason to be at the event other than to add +1 to his streak.(and money in WWE's pocket of course)
    Except Triple H has been all over the show lately. And his character is MUCH more stale.

I don't mind them having Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar, but I would much rather have this match. Maybe we will see this match next year? I doubt Cena would put his career on the line, but that would really put a interesting swing on things. The thing is, I just really don't see Cena wanting to retire just yet. I can see Undertaker retiring for sure real soon though.

Last edited by NintendoFan82; 26th February 2014 at 7:07 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    The Wyatts continue to amaze me. Anytime they're in a match I have to sit up. Not only the Wyatts, but Cesaro as well. I haven't been this into WWE since before the PG era. Not really looking forward to Wrestlemania, but I'll see what the rest of the card looks like. I'm gonna wait until then to use my free week trial of the WWE Network. If it disappoints, hey it was free.
    As I understand it, you can't choose when to have your free week. The network is simply free for the first week it's live, which is now, after which you would have to pay. WWE aren't going to give away their biggest show for free to anyone who has an internet connection.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Going back to the card Raiga put together, Reigns vs Taker would actually make a lot of sense since I believe The Shield were responsible for Undertaker's most recent absence. Reigns could cut a promo on how he's going to finish what he and Ambrose/Rollins started or something like that. Why they don't even try and give their younger guys time on the mic for stuff like this is beyond me... I would much rather at the very least watch an attempt to make something like this work over Brock vs Taker. Now we will probably have to make do with two guys feuding for no reason who show up once every two weeks at best.

Not to mention, if someone EVER goes over The Undertaker at Wrestlemania it will probably be to some rising star instead of guys like Cena who don't need the win whatsoever.

I mean come on, Cena vs Taker? Really? Why on earth would they book a stupid match like that? There's absolutely no way Undertaker is going to lose and there's absolutely no way Cena is going to retire in that kind of fashion, period.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 27th February 2014 at 1:26 PM.

I wonder if Boretista's going to be on Smackdown this Friday? He's main eventing Wrestlemania, so he should be everywhere and WWE should be making sure he gets enough exposure. Plus I want to see he get the deafening boos again. I love this Fan Rebellion era!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Going back to the card Raiga put together, Reigns vs Taker would actually make a lot of sense since I believe The Shield were responsible for Undertaker's most recent absence.
    Well yeah, that was my reasoning for it. Like I said, Wrestlemania used to the be culmination point for all the major feuds throughout the year, so I was attempting to a make a card, that WWE would actually make considering their latest booking, that used many of those feuds.

Towards the beginning of the year I was actually hoping they would somehow be able to keep the shield as strong as they were the whole way through until they'd do a three on one against Taker at Mania. Which, to my knowledge would be the only possible way of instilling the same uncertainty of whether Taker could win or not, that we seen in both the Michaels matches.

Still, Reigns just seems like a no brainer. He's been on a roll at multiple PPV's, and is the hot new rookie. It doesn't take much brain power to book him looking like a young, strong kid, who could take out the old man. I mean, the worst they get out of it is a guy who went toe to toe with the phenom. I don't know, just writes itself to me.

Well yeah, that was my reasoning for it. Like I said, Wrestlemania used to the be culmination point for all the major feuds throughout the year, so I was attempting to a make a card, that WWE would actually make considering their latest booking, that used many of those feuds.

Towards the beginning of the year I was actually hoping they would somehow be able to keep the shield as strong as they were the whole way through until they'd do a three on one against Taker at Mania. Which, to my knowledge would be the only possible way of instilling the same uncertainty of whether Taker could win or not, that we seen in both the Michaels matches.

Still, Reigns just seems like a no brainer. He's been on a roll at multiple PPV's, and is the hot new rookie. It doesn't take much brain power to book him looking like a young, strong kid, who could take out the old man. I mean, the worst they get out of it is a guy who went toe to toe with the phenom. I don't know, just writes itself to me.
    Now I want to see Reigns vs Taker. Too bad it's not happening. And while I'm glad Lesnar and Taker is finally happening at a mania, I still think this match is like really late.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Now I want to see Reigns vs Taker. Too bad it's not happening. And while I'm glad Lesnar and Taker is finally happening at a mania, I still think this match is like really late.
    Indeed, if it happened right after Shawn's last stab at the streak, it would have been great. First off, we wouldn't have the throwaway three matches afterwards, that pretty much put the final nail in the coffin that taker wasn't losing(trips 1, trips 2, and punk). But in addition, Brock returning to WWE even sooner, would be even more impactful given how recent his UFC run would have been.

Plus, and this is really hard to write, but the writing/booking was much more entertaining then than it is now. So at the very least Lesnar wouldn't have losses to people than couldn't possibly have needed them, in the form of Triple H and Cena of course. I really just can't overstate how much those losses hurt Lesnars badass appeal.

NXT Arrival was amazing. Adrian Neville pulls out the win and became the new NXT Champion. Paige pulled off an amazing Scorpion Lock Submission hold to retain the title. There were reports of the stream dying during a Xavier Woods/Tyler Breeze match but mine didn't die at all and the match was canceled by Alexander Rusev. Here's hoping they do more NXT PPV's in the future.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Well, batista opened up smackdown. For a guy who does his best to act like a sober/honest douchebag, he sure does bring quite a lot of booze wherever he goes. Oh wait, I meant "Boos".

Yeah, he came out and basically said that he's better than anyone except god (or wait, he said he was better than the rock, nevermind), then for some odd reason took his shirt off/kept his sunglasses and 80-yr old man hat on and said he's real and going to destroy everyone's heroes. Also, Dolph Ziggler challenged batista to a match with batista in return offering some bad acting.
    Last edited by Mye; 1st March 2014 at 2:47 AM.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Boretista just turned heel on the Smackdown opening. He's mouthing off about the fans heroes and said he will beat them all on his way to main event Wrestlemania. Dolph Ziggler came out and punked him out. Which was great. I guess Boretista vs Orton will be heel vs heel, unless Randy Orton turns face.

Well, that was a pretty horrible episode of smackdown. Batista continues to remain the worst part of WWE right now, and the way they're "building him up" confuses the hell out of me. They've had him face ADR (a top-carder who has fallen miserably from grace since last year's wrestlemania), and now ziggler (a mid-carder who has fallen into obscurity since last year's wrestlemania). Not only that, but his matches have been borderline unwatchable due to Batista's failures as a wrestler (for god sakes, Ziggler carried him through the entire match and then basically sat face-first on the canvas for 5mins while batista taunted the crowd and took a nap). If he was pursuing the intercontinental championship, I could partially forgive this. Sadly, they're having him in the most important spot of the biggest -bleep- ing pay per view of the year.

As for the rest of the show: christian vs sheamus rivalry is probably going to escalate into a kick-off WM match, am thoroughly uninterested in watching these two compete. The real americans are also looking to be in some form of match vs eachother at WM, which could lead to one of the best technical bouts we've seen in a while. Cameron clearly lacks the in-ring skills of Naomi (which is sad, as AJ desperately needs some competition), and I can say for certain that I'm looking forward to a match with either Bray or rowan/harper vs cena or the shield assuming Cena shuts up entirely and one of the members of the shield join the wyatts at the conclusion of the match.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D

Spoiler:- Possible massive spoiler if you don't follow any wrestling news sites:
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
        Spoiler:- Possible massive spoiler if you don't follow any wrestling news sites:
    Yeah, if that happens I doubt many more people will be happy at WWE. Ever since the rumble, we've had to deal with ludicrous amounts of Old Man-tista/Undertaker speculation/Bulk Bloat-gen. To suggest that they purposely exposed us to that kind of crap in order to put over one guy at wrestlemania is pretty horrible of them, especially since with Cena out and AJ having horrible competition we're only going to see 1-2 quality matches (usos vs outlaws, and "maybe" shield vs wyatts). In either case, here's an updated look at what should be on the WM card:

Christian vs Sheamus (kickoff/pre-show match)
    Bray Wyatt (with harper and rowan) vs Roman Reigns (with rollins and ambrose*) OR John Cena
    AJ Lee vs Naomi/Cameron
    Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker
    Big E Langston vs Antonio Cesaro vs Jack Swagger (triple threat IC title match)
    New Age Outlaws vs Usos (tag team title match)
    Triple H (with Kane/Stephanie McMahon) vs Daniel Bryan OR him (career vs #1 contendor to the Main title match)
    Randy Orton vs Batista AND POSSIBLY Daniel Bryan (Main title match)

I'm just glad Triple H is on the card. I mean how else is Bryan going to become popular? Oh wait....

Page 261 of 300 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast