Page 262 of 289 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 7220

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
        Spoiler:- Possible massive spoiler if you don't follow any wrestling news sites:
    Many fans on the net think he should be in the crowd watching. If he does comeback I will not at all thrilled to see him have a match with Triple H. Triple H feels so forced right now to have mania matches. It's not like he's Undertaker. I don't know who'd I want him to face if he does return.

Edit: I also wonder who will he job too?
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 3rd March 2014 at 2:31 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

WWE should book Bryan Vs. Punk just to screw with the crowd. Punk coming back and joining the authority maybe?
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    I'm just glad Triple H is on the card. I mean how else is Bryan going to become popular? Oh wait....
    Triple H and his Shovel vs. Daniel Bryan and Moppy w/Perry Saturn as their manager in a Buried Alive Match. Winner goes on to fame, fortune, and popularity.

Also everyone's been speculating for a few weeks now about this episode of RAW and the implications of CM Punk. Honestly, I kind of feel this one is a now or never on if he's coming back or not in time for mania, or if they really do have to do something on the fly to improve the main event.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Yeah, Paul Heyman opened up Raw by delivering a "pipe-bomb", under the guise that CM Punk hates the company all because of the undertaker and the audience. Also, the Usos are in a tag match with the Outlaws for the championships and Batista's facing Daniel Bryan for some reason. Kane should be pretty busy...

And the usos win the tag-team championships. So much for giving the tag team division a huge boost at wrestlemania. Usos become tag team division fodder in 6 months.

Wyatts and Shield had arguably the match of the year, and every match has been boo'd to oblivion. If anyone could understand what Stephanie Mcmahon was saying during the segment with Bryan, please tell me. I couldn't hear her over the sound of what is easily the funnest crowd not following a pay per view.
    Last edited by Mye; 4th March 2014 at 3:10 AM.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Wyatts and Shield had arguably the match of the year, and every match has been boo'd to oblivion. If anyone could understand what Stephanie Mcmahon was saying during the segment with Bryan, please tell me. I couldn't hear her over the sound of what is easily the funnest crowd not following a pay per view.
    In a nutshell, she said that without her family, Daniel Bryan wouldn't be where he is today. All this self righteous hoopla and we made you stuff. Boring. The Shield and Wyatt match was my favorite part, except it looked kinda awkward at the beginning.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I almost wanna say with 100% certainty, that Cm Punk is done with WWE for good.

I thought for sure Punk would return tonight, but he didn't.

Maybe he will show up on an upcoming Raw? I guess we will see.....
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 4th March 2014 at 7:49 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Gotta admit, the first hour or so was pretty damn awesome. From the start until the end of the Wyatt/Shield match, it was all great. Then everything just kind of slowly got boring. Though if the Bryan/H&Steph segment didn't go on for so long, it'd have been better though it was great mic work from all involved.

That segment though was a perfect position for setting up a Punk return and adding Bryan to the main event if it were to happen. Bryan could have gone on to make a challenge or deal per say, that obviously Trips and Steph think he's a B+ player. The man he's facing tonight is an A+ player in Boretista obviously. The stipulation being that if he can beat another so called A+ player he gets added to the title match at mania, as HHH isn't willing to fight him. They agree to "Humor" Lil' Daniel as they obviously would get involved and stop him again. Near the end of the match instead of Orton costing Batista the match via attacking Orton, Bryan would look to be winning the match so Orton goes to attack Batista so another man that can beat him isn't added, but Bryan stops it. However, Trips/Steph being at ring side decide to make the match NO DQ at that point so Kane can interfere yet again and weaken Bryan for Batista to win. After a Kane chokeslam, they have Batista set up for the Batista Bomb, when Cult of Personality plays, and who comes out but everyone's favorite CM Punk smirk and all with a steel chair. Batista shoves Bryan off to the side, Punk comes down and cleans ring side while distracting Dave, and then he turns around into the Kenta Knee kick and Bryan wins so via the stipulation is added to the main event of Mania. CM Punk and HHH gets set up the next week and we get storylines that actually get to come full circle for once. Really wished it could happen, really sad it didn't, really bored that it came down to Bryan getting beat down once again.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

You know things are sad when your guest "star" has more charisma than the guy who's supposed to be main eventing Wrestlemania lol.

Daniel Bryan and his audience pandering along with Triple H did little for me... However the crowd, Paul Heyman and the Shield/Wyatts were awesome.

RAW was half and half for me. When the show opened I knew that wasn't CM Punk. I knew they were just trolling the audience. I thought Triple H and Stephanie would come out, but instead it was Paul Heyman. I figured he was going to blame the audience for Punk's departure and he did. By the way, how many times is Brock Lesnar going to destroy Mark Henry? It's getting predictable now.

I was surprised that the Usos won the tag belts here and not at Wrestlemania or at any PPV. I'm happy for them, but couldn't they have saved this for mania?

The Real Americans are going to split up. It's coming and we all see it. Cesaro will probably make for a amusing face. I suspect he and Swagger will fight Big E for the IC belt.

The best thing of the night was Shield vs Wyatt Family. That was a explosive match. I loved it so much. Good job for both teams. I was shocked to see Seth Rollins be the one to turn his back on the Shield first. Nice twist. Overall a good match. Worthy of a PPV IMO.

John Cena's promo was...meh. And as far as Daniel Bryan and Triple H go. Did Daniel Bryan bring his own shovel? Or did Triple H provide him with one? I don't mind these two having a feud, but my goodness, it really feels like Bryan is getting buried during these segments with the Authority. If Daniel Bryan is a B+ then who's a A list? Certainly not Boretista. He doesn't have a single fan and gets winded too soon. They're trying to build Triple H up like this Undertaker level opponent where you have to be worthy to face him, and he's just not. Sorry.

I do wonder what will be Wrestlemania's main event. It can't be Randy Orton vs Boretista. I would not be surprised if they started to turn Randy Orton face. He has a better chance then Boretista. But these two cannot be the main event. Nobody cares about their feud. I just don't see it happening. And was it just me or was Stephanie the only one having fun during the end of RAW. Triple H and Kane looked like they didn't even want to be there.

And finally congrats to Paul Bearer going into the Hall of Fame. Undertaker or Kane should induct him.

For me, raw had its moments but was still a pretty sh'tty show.

The opening segment with heyman was, for me, the third greatest part of the night. Heyman managed to tame a bored/pissed off audience to the point in which Brock finally came out, half the audience was cheering for him. The fact he can do that with a guy nobody likes is just more proof that heyman is one of the greatest managers of all time.

The usos winning the tag belts, ugh, where to begin? WWE had a chance to elevate the currently lower-classed tag team division. With teams like rowan/harper and possibly the ascension waiting to gnaw at the gold, they needed an impactful way to make people realize how good that part of the wwe is. Instead, they crapped the bed with this and left us wondering if there'll be any sort of tag team match at wrestlemania, let alone one people will legitimately care about. Usos win the battle, but lose out in the longterm

The Wyatts vs Shield match was, for me, the second greatest part of this raw. We saw a 20min match that highlighted almost every member of both teams (aside from rowan), and up until the John Cena segment I was left both confused and excited about how they could top it. The wyatts may have won the match, but if these two teams keep producing stuff like this the audience will win over the next few years.

I can sum up the John Cena segment in one sentence: Cena will team with Reigns and Ambrose against the wyatt family, with either ambrose or rollins joining the wyatts.

My favourite part of the night took all of five minutes to present: Paul Bearer entering the hall of fame. When I first started watching WWE in 2001, I noticed that guys like Kane and the Undertaker were "revered" and feared among the audience. When Bearer returned in the latter half of the decade, I finally knew why. Whether being abused by Edge with dodgeballs and cars, or simply standing at ringside slowly petting the urn, Bearer added an unusual dynamic to the manager spot and in turn elevated the talent around him. If they really wanted to put on a show with this, they should have Paul Heyman induct him into the hall of fame. Then people would be able to celebrate the undervalued role in wwe, as these two are easily the greatest non-wrestlers to ever be on WWE television.

As for the rest of the show, I hated it entirely. Cesaro/Swagger/Big E in a match for a secondary title is a huge waste of talent, when two of the three could easily be competing for the main title and Swagger shouldn't be on TV period. The authority is getting heavily predictable/boring, with their whole "we only accept A+ talent yet we have Batista being carried through every damn match he's in and have Orton avoiding matches entirely right now". Speaking of Bah-tista, he was in yet another match versus a "hero of the company" and was carried through the entirety of it yet again. Bryan had one of the greatest performances of 2014, and Batista was so sluggish and fake that I had a hard time watching any of the match. All I know is that Bryan destroyed Batista, and when he was about to win the Authority pulled out all 31 flavors of stereotypes (get it? I just did a Baskin Robbins joke right there) and had everyone aside from the New Age Outlaws and Vince interfere/beat the hell out of Bryan. No better way to end a raw than having one of the most vocal audiences in the past year boo'ing three 40-yr olds acting like 8 yr olds.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D

I forgot to mention Sheamus vs Christian. How many times has Christian lost to Sheamus? Too many to count. If these two have a Wrestlemania match, I wonder if it will have the same results as all the others. And did anybody see the Scooby Doo commercial last night with the WWE? I wonder which WWE superstar would put over Scooby Doo? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    For me, raw had its moments but was still a pretty sh'tty show.
    Jeezus christ, does anything impress you? I couldn't finish reading your last paragraph after "swagger shoudn't be on TV".

It just gets really annoying seeing people write paragraphs every week on why something is so bad, yet they keep watching it.

In my eyes, it was an excellent show. Only thing I would have changed was Christian vs. Sheamus, they had to know that match would get shitted on by the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Jeezus christ, does anything impress you? I couldn't finish reading your last paragraph after "swagger shoudn't be on TV".

It just gets really annoying seeing people write paragraphs every week on why something is so bad, yet they keep watching it.

In my eyes, it was an excellent show. Only thing I would have changed was Christian vs. Sheamus, they had to know that match would get shitted on by the crowd.
    The reason I keep watching it is the reason many people keep watching it nowadays, to hopefully catch one of the good matches they actually churn out. Last night was no exception: Heyman was (pardon my reference) "Magic Mic", the wyatts and shield had an amazing match, and they inducted one of the two greatest managers of the common era into the hall of fame. All of this lasted roughly 30mins out of a 3 and a half hour long show. As for the rest, well, even you have to admit that many of the matches were horrid/predictable (hence why the audience was chanting for everything but the people competing), and the authority basically did a re-hash of the same stuff they've been doing for the past six months only this time they had everyone join on beating up Bryan rather than them doing it separately.

I agree about Christian vs Sheamus. These two have like the exact same match every time they face each other. Even if they shocked me and had Christian win once, I would be bored with it. But I would be happy to see Christian get a win. Poor Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I agree about Christian vs Sheamus. These two have like the exact same match every time they face each other. Even if they shocked me and had Christian win once, I would be bored with it. But I would be happy to see Christian get a win. Poor Christian.
    I'd personally love to see christian take his whole "one more shot" approach in a different direction. Perhaps he could go on a streak of costing people title matches (attacking them with chairs and beating the crap out of them), as a way to "get even" for all his shots being taken away. If he did that, I would definitely enjoy him more than I do now.

And as far as Daniel Bryan and Triple H go. Did Daniel Bryan bring his own shovel? Or did Triple H provide him with one? I don't mind these two having a feud, but my goodness, it really feels like Bryan is getting buried during these segments with the Authority. If Daniel Bryan is a B+ then who's a A list? Certainly not Boretista. He doesn't have a single fan and gets winded too soon. They're trying to build Triple H up like this Undertaker level opponent where you have to be worthy to face him, and he's just not. Sorry.
    They are just milking the underdog thing for all it's worth. The fact that Daniel Bryan usually ends up looking weak during these authority segments is mostly because he's no Cena or CM Punk on the mic... 90% of the time he's just pandering to the audience with a simple chant and nothing more. This and as much as I am sick and tired of Triple H, he excels at being a giant douche. (Though I still think he needs to stop inserting himself into big matches...) For once I wish they would go all in and have Bryan win the title and have his Wrestlemania moment simply because I'm tired of this angle, but at this point it's not too hard to see why they are keeping him down. It's a gamble having him beat the system because there's no telling how successful he would be without his whole underdog persona. Though at this point I think they can afford to take some risks. I mean for f**k's sake is Vince going to lose his job because someone under 6' tall who isn't a body builder is in the main event at Wrestlemania? It's hard to believe even the most casual viewer is too stupid to see past one's appearence...

Wonder when they'll decide to unify the Intercontinental and US championships. A while ago I read an interview and both Big E and Dean Ambrose seemed to be up for it. I just hope they don't give it to Dean Ambrose so we can watch it not get defended ever.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

They are just milking the underdog thing for all it's worth. The fact that Daniel Bryan usually ends up looking weak during these authority segments is mostly because he's no Cena or CM Punk on the mic... 90% of the time he's just pandering to the audience with a simple chant and nothing more.
    Agreed. Though to be honest, I think he's simply gotten worse on the mic as time goes on. During his heel stint with AJ, he played his character perfectly, same with many of his skits with Kane.

Nowadays, his reaction to EVERYTHING is- Laugh off the heels comment, Say "that's funny because...", finish with "because these people...YES! YES!".

And while I'm enjoying the yes movement as much as the next guy, I worry WWE's reliance on the simple YES chant has hurt other stars. For instance, when is the last time you heard the crowd chant, or hell even any other superstar, chant/say a catchphrase? Feed me more is honestly the only one that comes to mind, and that's well over 6 months ago. I think the Yes chant has just made crowds lazy to chant anything else.

Agreed. Though to be honest, I think he's simply gotten worse on the mic as time goes on. During his heel stint with AJ, he played his character perfectly, same with many of his skits with Kane.

Nowadays, his reaction to EVERYTHING is- Laugh off the heels comment, Say "that's funny because...", finish with "because these people...YES! YES!".

And while I'm enjoying the yes movement as much as the next guy, I worry WWE's reliance on the simple YES chant has hurt other stars. For instance, when is the last time you heard the crowd chant, or hell even any other superstar, chant/say a catchphrase? Feed me more is honestly the only one that comes to mind, and that's well over 6 months ago. I think the Yes chant has just made crowds lazy to chant anything else.
    Agreed honestly, it's just going on too long without anything fresh, or anything new added to it. They just take what they do from week to week, rehash it slightly differently, and begin/end it on the same scope. It's really starting to annoy me with this storyline. Heck, they really should have gotten more superstars on Bryan's side from the beginning, (ala Ziggler, AJ, RhodesDust joining for occasional team ups, a guy like Drew Mcintyre or Zack Ryder pretty sure they are still around) and just let them have moments weekly where they are helping Bryan in his cause or getting hurt for it to give them screen time. At least it'd be more entertaining and character driven then. Honestly, can't really think of anyone else at this point who can say they'd have anything against the authority in any other way beyond Punk except those guys I mentioned above.

They are by no means putting on bad shows it's just we've gotten so invested in Daniel Bryan and CM Punk because of how naturally they got over with the audience and crowds every night that they are something fresh and new and well when we get attached to something and it gets stale for milking it, then we honestly don't care and stop pouring our money into it. WWE really are burying themselves further into a hole by not giving new stars that actual run in the main event area even if it's for a glimpse to show people what they are made of in a legit light without throwing them back to the bottom of the card.

As for the chanting, well I would like you to stand with me, put your hand over your heart, and in a loud, clear voice say with me, "WE THE PEOPLE"!

We the people, what, Bootista, You can't wrestle, we want Ziggler, Cena's dueling chants, boring, walrus, AJ's crazy, The list goes on... There's not really a shortage it's just that the yes chants have become so prominent in comparison.

If you think the crowds have gotten lazy to chant much of anything anymore, just wait until the main event at Wrestlemania lol.

We the people, what, Bootista, You can't wrestle, we want Ziggler, Cena's dueling chants, boring, walrus, AJ's crazy, The list goes on... There's not really a shortage it's just that the yes chants have become so prominent in comparison.

If you think the crowds have gotten lazy to chant much of anything anymore, just wait until the main event at Wrestlemania lol.
    There was also Fandangoing. That wasn't really a chant, more like a thing and it lasted for fifteen minutes. I do miss the Daniel Bryan from Team Friendship, I mean Team Hell-No. That was probably my fave Daniel Bryan so far. I also agree about the Yes movement. It's nice and great to see the audience get behind it, but it at times it feels like that's the only chant we get.

I can't wait to hear the chants during Boretista's match at Wrestlemania. Is WWE really going to allow that match to be their main event?

There was also Fandangoing. That wasn't really a chant, more like a thing and it lasted for fifteen minutes. I do miss the Daniel Bryan from Team Friendship, I mean Team Hell-No. That was probably my fave Daniel Bryan so far. I also agree about the Yes movement. It's nice and great to see the audience get behind it, but it at times it feels like that's the only chant we get.

I can't wait to hear the chants during Boretista's match at Wrestlemania. Is WWE really going to allow that match to be their main event?
    If they still have that match come wrestlemania time, I would not be surprised if a guy becomes a millionaire selling tomatoes outside the building. Also, there's a huge difference between the crowd getting lazy and these yes chants. Right now, the wwe audience wants to see four things: Bryan, Punk, the shield vs wyatts, and Cesaro. Aside from those four things, little else nets a positive reaction outside of NXT (which, as we all know, has an audience that will basically cheer for anything). Look at what the audience has cheered for over the past month or so, and you'll see that most of the chants consist of "Yes, CM Punk, We want Wyatts, We want Shield, Roman Reigns, and We The People". If the audience was getting lazy, we would only be hearing yes chants during the segments they hate (notably every segment involving Triple H and his 8yr old bride in a 44yr old body). Instead, we've heard a mix of all of them.

Also, fangango'ing didn't last fifteen minutes, it lasted for an hour. The audience for the raw after WM was giddy and started doing it, the writers thought they could salvage something from the ballroom dancer turned nice haircut with hairy pants (who if he had nunchucks would totally look like Maxi from soul calibur), and boom: we have the confusing mess known as Rico V2.0.

...I think everybody failed to read me saying "catchphrase", not that the crowd doesn't chant anything. In that vein, I did forget about "we the people".

And I think people forget that fandgoing was a response from the crowd on how bad the product was, not the crowds attempt at starting a new chant.

Well regardless, I was just thinking how AJ hasn't been doing anything. (she wasn't even on Raw; that's just sad...)

They need to do SOMETHING with her, and the authority is as stale as ever, So why not have her align with the authority? She already has reason to rain on Bryan's parade given their history and his relationship with the bellas.

They could then have Stephanie over time start to act more and more like a condescending bi*** to AJ and berate her in a subtle way about how she was always a better diva and how AJ's long title reign has gone to he head or something like that. This could set up a feud between the two and lead to a face turn for AJ.

I think WWE's outlook on the Divas division, is that they are waiting....I don't know for what, or who, but it just seems to me they want to put more emphasis on it in one go and not screw anything up. If they could at LEAST do what they've done with the tag division(a few months ago, not the shitty division now), it would be a start.

I do hope WWE doesn't think it's because of lack of talented divas. I'm being completely honest when I say the divas division is already all that it needs to be to be good, because quite frankly, very few of the divas in the attitude era could wrestle worth a damn and yet they always found entertaining roles for people like Debra or Ivory.

Unfortunately that relies on inventive writing, something I don't expect to improve 10 fold anytime soon. So WWE should more than likely buy SHIMMER and be done with it lol

Page 262 of 289 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast