Page 264 of 292 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 7300

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

I hope they make the WWEWHC title match a fatal four way, better that way.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I thought about this too, at first I thought this would make more sense the week of Mania. HOWEVER, the way I see it now, this week helped solidify HHH as a contender in his match against Bryan. So hopefully the next two weeks will put focus on Orton in one week, and Batista in the other, to make them actually seem like viable threats.
    Batista and viable shouldn't ever be used in the same sentence... Unless we are talking about a cure for insomnia or the best possible candidate for a wasted title shot.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 19th March 2014 at 12:49 PM.

I still want to see Boretista vs the WWE Universe. Now that could main event Wrestlemania. Just the thought tickles me.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I thought about this too, at first I thought this would make more sense the week of Mania. HOWEVER, the way I see it now, this week helped solidify HHH as a contender in his match against Bryan. So hopefully the next two weeks will put focus on Orton in one week, and Batista in the other, to make them actually seem like viable threats.
    How? Much like every other week, we saw Bryan get beat to a bloody pulp and seem like a massive underdog versus an overbearing boss. The DIFFERENCE this week though is that Triple H relied on handcuffs and mall cops rather than actual wrestlers and had his wife man-slap him. As for your whole "focus on the other two guys" theory, I think they already did that sorta. Prior to the embarassment at the end of raw we saw Orton vs Bryan with Batista costing Orton a win to underdog Bryan. Unless they have Batista/Bryan next raw followed by Batista/Orton the week after, I can't exactly see how they can build off of this let alone make either of those guys viable.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    How? Much like every other week, we saw Bryan get beat to a bloody pulp and seem like a massive underdog versus an overbearing boss. The DIFFERENCE this week though is that Triple H relied on handcuffs and mall cops rather than actual wrestlers and had his wife man-slap him.
    You pretty much answered your own statement there. As opposed to having others take care of Bryan, Triple H personally delivered a 20 minute beatdown showing that he's not going to let Bryan slide right into the Main event triple threat match.

As for your whole "focus on the other two guys" theory, I think they already did that sorta. Prior to the embarassment at the end of raw we saw Orton vs Bryan with Batista costing Orton a win to underdog Bryan. Unless they have Batista/Bryan next raw followed by Batista/Orton the week after, I can't exactly see how they can build off of this let alone make either of those guys viable.
    Neither of those 1 minute stints holds a candle to what the final segment(which was apparently an embarassment) did for HHH.

All they have to do is showcase Orton's desire to do ANYTHING to retain his titles one week, and showcase Batista as a monster by decimating HHH, Bryan, and Orton in the ring the next week. Not to difficult to book now is it?
    ----------------------------------

They need to split the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championships. There should never be one main guy in the WWE. If that's the case, guys like Antonio Cesaro will never be WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Number of belts means nothing in terms of WWE pushing the newer guys.

I really enjoyed RAW from start to finish almost. From Trips going old school and pointing out both his A+ players flaws, to making it seem more ambiguous if Bryan will be added to the Title match at mania, and the ending, he did what he needed. Add in some awesome work by Bray Wyatt, an awesome video package for Taker, random fun with a tag team match, Titus and Sheamus, as well as Goldust and Fandango's fun in the ring before the botches, and 3 hours wasn't so bad for the most part. As well DB and Orton really lit it up with the No DQ match, especially because Orton finally showed he had some personality! It feels a bit more like Wrestlemania season than it did a week or two ago.

Originally Posted by DaBostonStrangler

They need to split the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championships. There should never be one main guy in the WWE. If that's the case, guys like Antonio Cesaro will never be WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
    Let's be real here, no matter how much you try to make the two seem even the WWE champ will be looked at as the star, the guy, the real face and reason people watch. The WHC looks better, but it's just another prop really. Actually getting a chance to face the top guy, probably adds more to the legacy of a guy too rather than having a false feel of "World Champion" when there's another guy truly above you, and the system treats it that way. There are a lot of guys who should have had a WWE title run back in the day, but didn't. Guys like Ted Dibiase, Curt Hennig, British Bulldog, Junkyard Dog, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson could have had a run, heck if they saw more into keeping them around Vader or Rick Rude could have had top runs with it as well. I'd rather be able to see Cesaro challenge for the main belt and have the feel of his story as he tries to conquer the mountain, and if he fails or succeeds. Same for almost any other guy on the roster, and the story they create around them.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

You know, I feel like if the storyline the Cena/Wyatt video recap(with the enimem song) shows, was actually happening, it would be pretty cool. A feud where Cena is actually defending his legacy against a crazed Cult leader hell bent on destroying.

Unfortunately it's not. Like I said before, I don't even get how this is a feud. NOTHING will happen to either man, win or lose. If Bray does win, how on god's blue earth does that destroy Cena's legacy?

At the very least, I'm hoping they tack on extreme rules, or something.

I hope WWE makes Roman Reigns the top baby-face of the company by next year. And I know the perfect way to make it happen.

-Have the Shield defeat the New Age Outlaws and Kane at Wrestlemania.
    -Make Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins turn on Roman Reigns and have a handicap match at Payback.
    -Have Rollins and Ambrose cost Reigns from winning the Money in the Bank by interfering in the match
    -Have Reigns beating Triple-H at Summerslam
    -Have Reigns beating Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series
    -Have Roman Reigns win the 2015 Royal Rumble to main event Wrestlemania

What do you guys think? Should Roman Reigns be one of the top guys in WWE?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBostonStrangler View Post
    What do you guys think? Should Roman Reigns be one of the top guys in WWE?
    Absolutely not. In a few years, maybe. But next year is not the time for someone who has only shown very basic ring skills, and doesn't bring a whole lot else to the "big man" table than any other big man could given the push Reigns has recieved(and that's not taking into account reigns isn't really all that large).

If WWE had an ounce of sanity, they'd push Ambrose or Rollins first into WWE title contention, as they can both be counted on to wrestle top quality matches. THEN, have reigns feud with that person.

You know, I feel like if the storyline the Cena/Wyatt video recap(with the enimem song) shows, was actually happening, it would be pretty cool. A feud where Cena is actually defending his legacy against a crazed Cult leader hell bent on destroying.

Unfortunately it's not. Like I said before, I don't even get how this is a feud. NOTHING will happen to either man, win or lose. If Bray does win, how on god's blue earth does that destroy Cena's legacy?

At the very least, I'm hoping they tack on extreme rules, or something.
    I agree, sorta. The feud itself was actually pretty good and had a lot going for it prior to a few weeks ago, with Bray saying he had something "big" planned for cena and cena showing legitimate fear on his face. The whole rationale for Bray going after cena in the first place was a mystery, which I thoroughly enjoyed as it gave Bray numerous options (notably going after either of the bella twins, or simply teaching a guy a lesson for being so vain). Then they started mentioning cena's legacy, and I immediately lost all interest in this feud/all faith in the WWE writing staff. Rather than having a unique cena feud in which he has to overcome a massive enigma in the WWE, it's essentially manifested into the same old crap that cena did at last year's wrestlemania, the wrestlemania before that, and even at the royal rumble against orton. Cena, the "underdog", will have to prove himself yet again versus a big guy with a unique edge. Don't get me wrong, I still think Bray will utterly destroy cena (Cena hasn't won back to back WM matches since 25/26). Still, the fact they had to go using the "l-word" with cena again is just more proof that the writing staff clearly doesn't know when they have something brilliant on their hands.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D

Nobody will ever be the top guy as long as Cena is still around. Punk's rise to the top pretty much proved that without a shadow of a doubt.

I have to say though, It's gonna be a sad day when the Shield does disband, because their theme and tactical gear are just too awesome to see go.

I have never been a fan of the Shield's theme. It just sounds so boring and generic to me. Not like David Otunga's awesome theme. I do so miss it. But I do like their tactical gear. They stand out with it. The Shield are going to be big stars in WWE. I hope WWE goes all the way with these guys, because they are talented and know how to put on a great match. I loved their feud with the Wyatt Family. If they aren't going to break up the Shield right now, I would have let them feud with the Wyatt's at Wrestlemania 30. I'd be twitching with excitement. But it looks like Kane and the New Age Outlaws are going to feud with them at mania now. The Shield better win!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Nobody will ever be the top guy as long as Cena is still around. Punk's rise to the top pretty much proved that without a shadow of a doubt.

I have to say though, It's gonna be a sad day when the Shield does disband, because their theme and tactical gear are just too awesome to see go.
    Nah, I think the members in the Shield will be even more popular when independent. Roman Reigns should be one of the top baby-faces, Dean Ambrose should be one of the top heels, and Seth Rollins should join a team since his high flying skills would be great for the tag team division (And since they need more superstars to bind together for the tag team division where there are three superstars on a team).

I really don't think any of the shield members will be successful in the long run to be honest.

Rollins and Ambrose, at least in my mind, are doomed to the fate so many other performers like Ziggler, Kofi, Benjamin, Morrison suffered. And that's that WWE will constantly think of them as "they'll be a breakout star in the future", but they'll tell themselves that every year until they realize they've ended up with a burned out wrestler out of their prime. Sure they'll get a random gaggle of mid-card titles, and maybe be in the hall of fame when WWE runs out of other people to put in it(which happened like 5 years ago), but they'll never be the stars they could be.

Reigns I'm fairly certain will get a big push very soon, and it will be seen that he doesn't offer a whole lot of anything beyond what his push gave him. The Ryback story, part 2.

I really doubt they'll do it any time soon. They just unified the titles three months ago.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

I really don't think any of the shield members will be successful in the long run to be honest.

Rollins and Ambrose, at least in my mind, are doomed to the fate so many other performers like Ziggler, Kofi, Benjamin, Morrison suffered. And that's that WWE will constantly think of them as "they'll be a breakout star in the future", but they'll tell themselves that every year until they realize they've ended up with a burned out wrestler out of their prime. Sure they'll get a random gaggle of mid-card titles, and maybe be in the hall of fame when WWE runs out of other people to put in it(which happened like 5 years ago), but they'll never be the stars they could be.

Reigns I'm fairly certain will get a big push very soon, and it will be seen that he doesn't offer a whole lot of anything beyond what his push gave him. The Ryback story, part 2.
    WWE has screwed up a lot of guys. Ziggler should be a main eventer by now. So should Wade Barret. After Kofi was buried by Randy Orton, that was the end of his push. I still miss John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin. I thought those two were going to be main event guys for sure. Damien Sandow joined the list of de-pushed guys. Miz hasn't done anything big in years. And of course Ryback. Ryback's a nobody now. When did WWE screw up on their talent so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    WWE has screwed up a lot of guys. Ziggler should be a main eventer by now. So should Wade Barret. After Kofi was buried by Randy Orton, that was the end of his push. I still miss John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin. I thought those two were going to be main event guys for sure. Damien Sandow joined the list of de-pushed guys. Miz hasn't done anything big in years. And of course Ryback. Ryback's a nobody now. When did WWE screw up on their talent so bad?
    Its not even so much that WWE fails to make new stars, it's like you said, they screw them up. Miz, as hard as it is to say, was probably the most white-hot thing the WWE had in years, and the only one excluding punk to an extent, who garned more main stream attention than Cena. Yet instead of having what could have been one of the most legendary feuds of all time, in The rock vs. Miz, they had miz play second fiddle to Cena until he was drained of any momentum.

Ryback is the same exact scenario(though he was bound to lose SOME momentum when his undefeated streak got broke, but still)

And remember that win Kofi got over Orton a few weeks ago? Me neither.

I think that maybe WWE just lets backstage politics dictate too much of their decisions. If one writer likes a wrestler they push him one week, then that wrestler does something to piss off another writer and gets kicked to the curb. It's just an endless cycle of roads leading nowhere.

Hey, there's a rumor that Sting is going to appear on RAW after Wrestlemania 30. Maybe set up a match between himself and Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31. To me, that feud would have been good if like it was during the days where WCW was still around. Sting and Undertaker are both pretty old now. I don't really have a desire to see that match, all that much. Back in the day? Sure. Now? Not really. It's just a rumor though.

New Topic. Since a lot of people here are upset that guys who should be pushed aren't getting pushed into any storylines, the best way to make mid-cards that shouldn't be mid-cards is make the WWE Tag Team Title a 3 man championship. The Wyatt Family/Shield feud proves it's times to make 6 man tag teams a regular thing and a regular PPV feud like the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. WWE already has thought of the idea via WWE.com

So here are my ideas of some pairings :
    Face Pairings -
    The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder
    The Usos and Kofi Kingston
    Los Matadores and Mysterio/Sin Cara
    Big-E Langston, Darren Young, Xavier Woods
    Big Show, Mark Henry, Great Khali

Heel Pairings -
    Wyatt Family
    Seth Rollins, Justin Gabriel, R Truth
    Jack Swagger, Curtis Axel, Damian Sandow
    Kane and the New Age Outlaws (The guys who work for the authority like the Shield were in September/October.)
    3MB (Of course the ultimate jobbers. Although Drew Mctyintire is the chosen one and Jindar Mahal does have mic skills. They could be pushed if they weren't every superstars punching bag.)

Note that I didn't include some of the current day WWE tag teams because I fully expect a lot of them to disband in late 2014.

I'd may as well get caught up with this giant discussion/share my view:

Which member of the shield, if any, will have the biggest future impact on the wwe: the more and more this continues on, the more the shield reminds me of the original nexus (Barrett, otunga, slater, tarver, "bryan", sheffield, Young, gabriel). Both had a group of extremely talented NXT guys who each had their own specific niche, but when they disbanded their momentum kinda got "lost in the transition". I know for a fact the shield will disband this year, with the current mid-card being the way it is it'd make no sense to keep them as a trio. The problem, from what I've seen though, is that they made so big of an impact as a group that ANYTHING they do now will almost certainly be overshadowed by it.

The WWE screwing over their talent before they've had a chance to "bloom": seriously, this is news? Ever since the late 90s, the WWE has been in the hands of three people: Triple H, Vince McMahon, and to the lesser extent the Undertaker. It's why guys like X-Pac and Goldust (two very talented yet heavily underutilized guys) were forced into the mid-card their entire careers with us forced to watch the same old "austin vs rock vs triple H" every week. 12 years later and it remains virtually unchanged: Triple H is giving us crap that only he finds entertaining, and anyone who disagrees (Kaitlyn, Bryan, Punk) either has to make do with what they get or leave for greener pastures.

6-man tag team championships: crappy idea, period.

Three Things from Tonight's Raw

1. Dolph Ziggler with another big pop from the WWE Universe. So why isn't this guy in a storyline like guys like Cena, Bryan, Orton, Wyatt, etc are in?? He has the mic skills and the looks. I wish they'd stop wasting him away. I'd find Triple-H vs Ziggler a lot more entertaining then Bryan vs Triple-H (Cue the haters)

2. The Wyatt Family need a face turn. It seems like whenever the Wyatt Family come out all you hear is cheers. I'd love nothing more then Wyatt Family's next target to be Bootista.

3. AJ Lee is right. The divas division is a bunch of nobody divas just given a job because they look good. They can't wrestle. What happened to the high-flying division with Melina? Beth Phoenix? Lita? Jeez, the Divas Title lives up to it's name... that title looks like it was picked up at Toy's R' Us, or made by some 8 year old girl. I guess the downfall began when that worthless title was made and the Womens title was trashed. It's not all bad. Tamina Sunka is the best diva on that division because she's a hardcore fighter. I hope she wins that title at Wrestlemania by destroying AJ Lee. That Paige chick in NXT looks legit too. Fire Cameron, Nnaomi, Eva Marie, Aksana, Layla, and the Bells Twins. Even a good wrestler like Kaitlyn got fed up with the useless divas division and left like Punk did.

1. Dolph Ziggler with another big pop from the WWE Universe. So why isn't this guy in a storyline like guys like Cena, Bryan, Orton, Wyatt, etc are in?? He has the mic skills and the looks. I wish they'd stop wasting him away. I'd find Triple-H vs Ziggler a lot more entertaining then Bryan vs Triple-H (Cue the haters)
    Dolph Ziggler and Mic skills shouldn't ever be used in the same sentence together. Unless yelling everything does indeed mean it's a great promo.

2. The Wyatt Family need a face turn. It seems like whenever the Wyatt Family come out all you hear is cheers. I'd love nothing more then Wyatt Family's next target to be Bootista.
    The wyatt family are not heels. They are tweeners if not faces. And when WWE needs all the heels they can get, turning them full force heel would accomplish absolutely nothing the shield couldn't.

3. AJ Lee is right. The divas division is a bunch of nobody divas just given a job because they look good. They can't wrestle. What happened to the high-flying division with Melina? Beth Phoenix? Lita? Jeez, the Divas Title lives up to it's name... that title looks like it was picked up at Toy's R' Us, or made by some 8 year old girl. I guess the downfall began when that worthless title was made and the Womens title was trashed. It's not all bad. Tamina Sunka is the best diva on that division because she's a hardcore fighter. I hope she wins that title at Wrestlemania by destroying AJ Lee. That Paige chick in NXT looks legit too. Fire Cameron, Nnaomi, Eva Marie, Aksana, Layla, and the Bells Twins. Even a good wrestler like Kaitlyn got fed up with the useless divas division and left like Punk did.
    The divas are NOT untalented, they're good as they ever were. Blaming someone signed and thrown on the main roster 5 months later for bad wrestling is just plain idiocracy. If you've worked at a job, were you as good as the most talented person in the whole company after 5 months?

Not to mention they are in terrible wrestling condition due to WWE asking them to be cardboard cutouts

Three Things from Tonight's Raw

Dolph Ziggler has mic skills? I had no idea underneath that cheese-head personae and almost ryback-ian way of answering questions. Even when he was WHC with Big E and AJ he still seemed completely out of place. To suggest him versus Triple H would be more entertaining than Bryan versus Triple H is pretty funny actually, considering the fact that Ziggler's had all of eight years to make an impact with the WWE audience (compared to Bryan's three) and only ever seemed "in place" when he was getting a massive push from Jericho.

Yeah, no they don't. Even in NXT, the wyatts were one of those factions that the audience could always get behind even if they did something horrible (hence why I nicknamed Bray the "magic mirror" ). Being neutral isn't actually that bad, as it allows them to cover so much more ground over other superstars by being able to pick off basically anyone without fear of the audience's reactions.

The divas division is horrible right now because total divas made it horrible, not because of the actual mic skills/wrestling talent. That one TV show polarized the entire division, forcing them to either become stereotypical plastic-heads or see little to no airtime/quit (see: Kaitlyn). The rest of your logic is, well, ugh. Melina and Beth saw this early, and left. Lita knew her good years were way behind her, and left gracefully. I see Tamina as the fourth-"best" diva right now but the second-most relevant (behind AJ, Summer Rae, and Paige in the former, AJ in the latter), I personally hope AJ retains and they put her in a feud with the newest Wyatt family member Nikki Bella. To suggest firing the entire division is a brilliantly stupid idea, as everyone on that list aside from maybe Eva Marie has a ton of in-ring talent and as we saw a few years ago with Lay-Cool a few even have pretty amazing mic skills.

Page 264 of 292 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast