Page 266 of 300 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 7496

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

I was reading, apparently his contract has not been renewed yet. I think after Wrestlemania, they will let him go. This is just a maybe.
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    How is Alberto Del Rio still around in ANY capacity that isn't purely "Jobber to the Stars"? He's painfully mediocre.
    Eh, I think ADR is a classic case of misuse. He's a top-tier wrestler, who can speak English pretty fluently, and actually CAN cut a pretty decent promo.(Ironically his first few debut ones were probably his best)

But with his booking and/or writing, I'm not sure what wrestler regardless of race could be set-up that way and not fail. Only Sheamus was tied with him for staleness, until Sheamus' injury that at least semi revitalized him when he came back.
    ----------------------------------

I saw Raw today, wasn't that bad, I actually like it, especially Truth vs Wyatt and surprisingly Batista vs Orton....and OMG Cena's promo was so cool, I didn't expect HIM doing that XD

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Well I can't say I'm excited for any match at Wrestlemania... The only interesting prospect is if they have Bryan actually win the belt or not. Orton's "reign" has been one of the most forgettable in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Eh, I think ADR is a classic case of misuse. He's a top-tier wrestler, who can speak English pretty fluently, and actually CAN cut a pretty decent promo.(Ironically his first few debut ones were probably his best)

But with his booking and/or writing, I'm not sure what wrestler regardless of race could be set-up that way and not fail. Only Sheamus was tied with him for staleness, until Sheamus' injury that at least semi revitalized him when he came back.
    I'm concerned that you live in some kind of bizzaro universe where Ziggler is mediocre at best, Del Rio is "top-tier".

Del Rio is a charisma black hole. He's putrid at speaking, and has been exposed completely without the at least moderately amusing Ricardo. He's decent in the ring because he has good psychology, but he has no chairsma or excitement about him at all. Del Rio is honestly the guy in WWE who, if he just vanished tomorrow, it would take me the longest to even realize he was gone.
    Last edited by Sid87; 1st April 2014 at 12:56 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I agree about ADR. I actually like him and he's had some interesting feuds and matches, but like you said he's highly misused. I really liked that Mitb commercial with him in it with Ricardo. Oh well.

I guess we're on the final road to Wrestlemania 30. Is everyone buckled up? Are we all ready to go see the show? I have to say the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar build up has been really bad on Brock Lesnar's half. Undertaker has been great, but at no point did I actually see Lesnar as a threat to Taker. Because minus last night, Taker has bested Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. The CM Punk feud last year got better build then this. We all know Brock Lesnar's going to lose, but at least make him a threat that Undertaker has to overcome.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt. I really liked what they did with John Cena last night, with his sheep/goat mask and "infiltrating" the Wyatts. Looking forward to this. I hope Bray Wyatt does win. It would make him a big star, but let's see if he can beat Super John Cena.

The WWE Tag Team titles are going to be on the pre-show. Nuff said.

The Shield vs Kane and the New Age Out Laws. I have a feeling there is going to be a twist here. Something unexpected will happen. This is a match I will tune in just to see for a twist.

The battle royal over the top match. Basically a place for Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Big E. Langston, Miz, Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, and The three man jobbing band to get a Wrestlemania paycheck. But it should be fun, yes?

The Diva battle thing...meh.

And the big WWE Championship match. Daniel Bryan is the hero of WWE right now. It would be the biggest mistake if he does not enter the main event for the belt. He should have just won the Royal Rumble from the start. We just got Batista vs Randy Orton on TV for free, last night. However I can see Triple H forcing himself in the main event as well, making it a Fatal Four Way. And I love Triple H and Stephanie's promo last night. That buried Fandango and his Fandangoing, but hey, at least they acknowledged it and it was true. Fandangoing lasted for fifteen minutes and it was over. And the promo of Triple H destroying RVD, Booker T, Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, and Chris Jericho. It reminded me of the old days and reminded me of some of the guys Triple H beat that he should have put over at one point. Ah well.

It's Wrestlemania time.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I'm concerned that you live in some kind of bizzaro universe where Ziggler is mediocre at best, Del Rio is "top-tier".
    Name me a single memorable ziggler match and I'll acknowledge that comment.(no, the cookie cutter MITB cash in doesn't count) And I stress the top-tier applies only to in-ring work, not mic skills or otherwise.

Del Rio is a charisma black hole. He's putrid at speaking, and has been exposed completely without the at least moderately amusing Ricardo. He's decent in the ring because he has good psychology, but he has no chairsma or excitement about him at all. Del Rio is honestly the guy in WWE who, if he just vanished tomorrow, it would take me the longest to even realize he was gone.
    But how is that anything but booking/writing? If you were booked to say the same thing in every promo for 4 years could you get over? Even Cena can't do that, which is why most of his promos go off on random tangents. And I completely and utterly disagree about in-ring work. The second he got a face turn he was pulling out second turnbuckle moonsaults and all kinds of flips, its not his fault if WWE doesn't let him do half the stuff he could do. There's a reason he was the top face in Mexico ya know?

Name me a single memorable ziggler match and I'll acknowledge that comment.(no, the cookie cutter MITB cash in doesn't count) And I stress the top-tier applies only to in-ring work, not mic skills or otherwise.

But how is that anything but booking/writing? If you were booked to say the same thing in every promo for 4 years could you get over? Even Cena can't do that, which is why most of his promos go off on random tangents. And I completely and utterly disagree about in-ring work. The second he got a face turn he was pulling out second turnbuckle moonsaults and all kinds of flips, its not his fault if WWE doesn't let him do half the stuff he could do. There's a reason he was the top face in Mexico ya know?
    Honestly, there isn't many memorable Dolph matches, and that isn't down to it being his fault. He's had some great matches, one that sticks out is vs John Morrison for the US title, but like you mentioned about the booking with ADR, it's no different for Ziggler to be honest. He's seldom in an important match, with a good story that will stick in the memory. I mean he lost the WHC without one successful defense, what can he possibly do with that? The truth is very few superstars actually live up to their potential in WWE because they're so limited with their characters and how much they can do in ring (Look no further than D Bry who now basically has a Cena moveset) and badly hindered by poor booking.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

Go home RAW + week always a hype fest, so it was pretty ok for what it was. Didn't mind Lesnar/Taker starting the show off, but did anyone else think Brock was gonna go YOLO like he does and just go half-a**ed F5 and end up maiming Taker? I mean he's shown to overdo some spots since his return.

Kind of glad they are officially dropping some guys (Alberto Del Rio) to more of a midcard spot with the fight over the IC (possibly) that happened a week ago with the fatal 4 way. I mean Raiga basically said it about Del Rio, guy is talented as hell in the ring, just "overall" misuse and a lack of mic skills and being padded with the same "Promo" every week about destiny blah blah blah would get mega boring especially since they rushed him to the top like most guy they want to get over without actually being over. If he were in this spot for the IC/US title 4 years ago, maybe people would actually enjoy Del Rio a whole lot more.

Also...what the heck is up with Summer's new theme? I would have preferred they go with NXT one which iirc is So Cool by Kodeine. I don't like this new one at all to be honest. I get the feeling WWE are just getting a weird obsession for CFO$.

As well...they bumped the Fatal 4 way tag to the preshow. They could have used that as the "hot opener" everyone could see if it's going to mostly a spot match. Though it has the Real Americans and Usos who have been gaining reactions, add in the Colon cousins have aerial skills, it can be a fun bout...but they obviously have to have a "Pre-Show" match for the 2 HOUR PRE SHOW....I want them to do away with pre-show matches now, unless they use it for something that no one literally cares about. But, if they announce something for the PPV....put it on the damn ppv please.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Go home RAW + week always a hype fest, so it was pretty ok for what it was. Didn't mind Lesnar/Taker starting the show off, but did anyone else think Brock was gonna go YOLO like he does and just go half-a**ed F5 and end up maiming Taker? I mean he's shown to overdo some spots since his return.

Kind of glad they are officially dropping some guys (Alberto Del Rio) to more of a midcard spot with the fight over the IC (possibly) that happened a week ago with the fatal 4 way. I mean Raiga basically said it about Del Rio, guy is talented as hell in the ring, just "overall" misuse and a lack of mic skills and being padded with the same "Promo" every week about destiny blah blah blah would get mega boring especially since they rushed him to the top like most guy they want to get over without actually being over. If he were in this spot for the IC/US title 4 years ago, maybe people would actually enjoy Del Rio a whole lot more.

Also...what the heck is up with Summer's new theme? I would have preferred they go with NXT one which iirc is So Cool by Kodeine. I don't like this new one at all to be honest. I get the feeling WWE are just getting a weird obsession for CFO$.

As well...they bumped the Fatal 4 way tag to the preshow. They could have used that as the "hot opener" everyone could see if it's going to mostly a spot match. Though it has the Real Americans and Usos who have been gaining reactions, add in the Colon cousins have aerial skills, it can be a fun bout...but they obviously have to have a "Pre-Show" match for the 2 HOUR PRE SHOW....I want them to do away with pre-show matches now, unless they use it for something that no one literally cares about. But, if they announce something for the PPV....put it on the damn ppv please.
    Summer Rae is probably bigger then Fandango at this point. Reminds me of the Funkadactyls with Tons of Funk. Cameron and Naomi still appear, but Brodus Clay, Tensai, and even R-Truth and Xavier Wood stopped appearing. I do like the guys like ADR, and even Sheamus are in the IC Belt hunt. To me it rises the profile of the IC Belt to have former World Heavyweight and WWE Champions chasing it. I only wish the US Bet got the same treatment. Dean Ambrose is still the Champion, but his title reign has been long and forgettable.

So, just for fun and since there's been discussion on guys like Ziggler and Del Rio, I thought I'd post something I did on my blog here. It's my judging most of the current WWE based on the Bret Hart Categories. Fun subjectivity behind the Spoiler...

Spoiler:- Bret Hart Categories:
    Last edited by Sid87; 2nd April 2014 at 9:52 AM.

Interesting Sid, there's only really three ratings I'd strongly disagree with. Ambrose's in-ring skill, I think he's pretty poor in truth, but some how people glance past it and rate him because he's been on the indies. Orton's charisma, there's very few duller than him, especially nowadays. He has been capable of entertaining in the past, but he's so boring, monotone and predictable now it's a chore to listen to/watch him. Lastly, Swaggers charisma, he's not really Orton levels of boring, but he's never really done anything of note that has been entertaining enough to merit a 7 rating IMO. Good read on the whole though pal, just the changes I'd make for my personal one.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

WWE has really been screwing up lately. From Punk 'going home' to Batista booed by fans, WWE writers are scratching their heads. I wonder who the dingus is who decided it would be 'best for business' having a Cena vs Orton feud to end the year in 2013. Didn't we see like 70 of those? And then they wonder why no one really was pumped for either match (TLC and Royal Rumble).

What happened to those threats The Miz and Damian Sandow made? Didn't The Miz say eventually Randy Orton was going to get what he deserves after he assaulted him in front of his family back in October? And didn't Damian Sandow say he was going to end Cena after his failed MITB cash-in? Those would've been more interesting matches at TLC then another boring Cena-Orton feud.

But that's what caused things not to go as planned for the WWE starting from the Royal Rumble. If they didn't book another Cena-Orton feud, none of this would've happened. Maybe instead of a boring Batista-Orton feud planned for Wrestlemania before Batista came back, how about a heel Sheamus vs Batista match for the World Heavyweight Championship at W30? (A match *GASP* we've never seen before!!)

And Punk would've stayed if you gave him what he wanted. Fans would've loved a main event Orton vs Punk vs Bryan at W30. The Wrestlemania card would look more awesome that way.

Punk vs Bryan vs Orton
    Batista vs Sheamus
    Cena vs Wyatt
    Lesnar vs Taker
    Big Show vs Triple-H (If you asked anyone in October-November who they predicted Triple-H would face at Wrestlemania 30, they would've instantly said the Big Show. What happened to the Show-TripleH feud? We never got a result.)

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks everything screwed up when some dingus in the WWE decided it would be cool if they decided to have a Cena-Orton feud ending 2013. But WWE had left a lot of possible feuds left hanging when they decided to send their top two gooseheads in yet another feud.

- I used too big an image in my sig, so a mod replace it with a Magicarp -

Awesome list Sid! Now I disagree with 90% of it, but nonetheless its well-thought out and reasoned.(And you get bonus points for having the right opinion on Jack Swagger, that SOOO many people just don't see in him)

I do feel like Look is a negligible category though, and I feel you kind of prove that with ones like Rowan. What the person's face looks like only determines the kind of roles they should get. You could have an entire roster of Randy Orton clones, but if you need a guy who looks like a scumbag and maybe steals a title from someone, what do you do? Cast Orton in that role? Hell no! You get a guy like Ambrose, who has a permanent "I just took a dump in your gym bag" look on his face.

I mean, sadly I do think Look matters in the sense that those are the only people who WWE will push now, but when paired with a capable writing team, it's no big deal.(If Finlay in 2008ish can get over, anyone can lol)

I mean, sadly I do think Look matters in the sense that those are the only people who WWE will push now, but when paired with a capable writing team, it's no big deal.(If Finlay in 2008ish can get over, anyone can lol)
    ^ This. Pretty much anyone on the roster could be main eventing if they were actually given time and had something to work with that we haven't seen a million times before.

Just look at Husky Harris...

Oh and Lesnar should have a much higher score... There's a reason he was being groomed to be the top guy before he left. Go back and watch that awesome video package promoting extreme rules with Cena from a couple of years ago. He has plenty of charisma you just wouldn't know it from how little he talks nowadays.

hanks, guys. I had a lot of fun writing them up. My buddy on another site with a more fully dedicated wrestling forum does weekly reviews of wrestlers throughout history on those scales, so I thought I'd do a short break down of the modern era.

This was actually pretty funny:

Batista at WM Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post

I think I'm starting to get Batista now. He's an old guy who used to be incredibly entertaining/useful, but has now become a giant parody of himself/his bad habits. If Gary Busey had a six-pack and a sheet-load of tattoos, he'd be exactly like Batista.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post

To bad Boretista's not this entertaining on RAW or Smackdown. That's the kind of Batista I want to see. Not the Boretista who's come back to WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    I think I'm starting to get Batista now. He's an old guy who used to be incredibly entertaining/useful, but has now become a giant parody of himself/his bad habits. If Gary Busey had a six-pack and a sheet-load of tattoos, he'd be exactly like Batista.
    He gets tired so quickly! In most of the matches he has been in he gets his but kicked for the first 8 minutes then the last two he finally gains some energy. I'm glad they made the match a triple threat because if they didn't do that then the match would have been a real bore!
    PASBL

I was actually kinda hoping they kept it Boretista vs Snoreton. So I could see the crowd boo them out of the building and ruin the Wrestlemania 30 main event, and see how WWE tries to edit all the boos. But changing the main event was a smart move. Boretista and Snoreton couldn't have main evented mania. Snoreton's the least important guy in the feud and he's the champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I was actually kinda hoping they kept it Boretista vs Snoreton. So I could see the crowd boo them out of the building and ruin the Wrestlemania 30 main event, and see how WWE tries to edit all the boos. But changing the main event was a smart move. Boretista and Snoreton couldn't have main evented mania. Snoreton's the least important guy in the feud and he's the champion.
    Yeah that would have been interesting to see but if they did not add DB (Obviously HHH is gonna loose) then WWE would get many complaints and loose many viewers.
    They made many mistakes like this in the past:
    The computer GM
    The year before the "authority" decided to randomly show up.
    PASBL

Stone Cold Steve Austin is said to be at Wrestlemania 30. Hey, maybe he'll have that feud with Hulk Hogan that never happened. Well neither are in any shape to wrestle again so it would be a fair match. I'm kidding of course.

But I've been listening to a lot of guys speculating on CM Punk possibly returning at mania 30. Some even suggesting that he'll screw over Daniel Bryan. I don't think so. I think CM Punk is legit gone and will not be attending Wrestlemania 30.

I had smackdown on while I played my 3ds(brand new, woo!) and it did a pretty dang good job at what it was supposed to do.

Honestly, the individual Batista/Orton interviews with Booker did more to solidify their characters, and the match, than anything done in the last 6 weeks.

WWE has this golden chance in front of them to make John Cena heel. John Cena has always been a suck-up to authority and Vince McMahon has always been a suck-up to John Cena (Not story-wise). But use this to make John Cena's character change. His character is getting stale and there aren't many heels to feud with left on this business.

Have Cena interfere the main event and destroy Daniel Bryan resulting in Batista/Orton to win. Stephanie McMahon questions what Cena is doing and just as W30 is about to go off air, we see both Cena and Stephanie smile as people realize it was clearly set-up, resulting in a ton of boos to end W30.

And the Raw's after W30, have Cena do promo's that you have to respect the authority. And that they're the only reason why Bryan has a job. Have Cena go to his Thunganomics theme after that and his old gangster look.

Cena with Triple-H's book licker will work a lot more than Orton being Triple-H's book licker. Meaning Orton will have to turn on the authority and turn face because his current character is a boring SPAT!

- I used too big an image in my sig, so a mod replace it with a Magicarp -

Page 266 of 300 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast