Page 268 of 299 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 7456

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

It felt like a part of me died inside reading that Brock beat the undefeated streak. I like Brock but I will never consider him or anyone else in the business greater then the streak.

wwe......YOU JUST FREAKING DODGE A BULLET!!!!!!!
    I mean....wow, just barely I rioted against them

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

No idea how the rest of the night went....
    After the undertaker match I just got up and left. I am not looking forward to tomorrow because we are never going to hear the end of it!

Its obvious though that DB won. :/
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by bailey.ga View Post
    I watch WWE more than Brock Lesnar and he' the one to break the streak. Damn, there's a long list of better options than Lesnar
    I wish they would have just extended the streak one more year.
    In my opinion Kane should ave been the one to end it.
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

I have been a wrestling fan for 15 years now, and honestly I have no idea what to feel now. I'm gonna be 20 soon lol, and I've stuck with all the BS wwe's done. I have enjoyed this night, and I was fine with the predictable matches on everything besides Cesaro winning and Taker losing being excepts to the predictability. Honestly I'm not sure what to feel especially after how this ended. Cesaro seems to be looking strong, the shield looked dominant, Bray looked amazing still despite losing, and AJ won (as I hear apparently vickie's contract is up soon after Mania). I've seen reports about it being up in the air for guys like Christian, Rey, Kane, the NAO, talk about ADR retiring on his own terms soon, CM Punk not coming back. Triple H being a part time guy really, HBK being gone for a few years now.

But, the one thing for 22 years (most of my 15 I've been apart of) not ever believing to happen was Taker's streak ending. A symbol for the hope of wrestlers, for performers aspiring to be, was something everyone in the wrestling universe was apart of was a legendary accomplishment despite the fact we know it's scripted. Cesaro possible push, AJ keeping her title as a way of things to come, the shield's win, the USOs getting some recognition if they keep up the tag division, the possible hints that we might finally get a Cena heel turn (it would be one of the biggest things in the coming months that would revitalize wwe possibly) and Daniel Bryan finally overcoming the authority. It really feels like a changing of the guard or something tonight or some recognition that WWE has to start doing something differently. Can't rely on Taker being a thing anymore, careers are starting to end, the attitude era guys we've loved so much are gone. I really hope this is a reset, and not just some one night bs to let us be happy and have enjoyed almost 80% of the night. It's gonna feel weird to still be a wrestling fan tomorrow with what happened this night.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Wrestlemania 30 has been one of the most memorable Wrestlemanias I've watched. I feel like people are gonna call this a bad WM just because the Undertaker's streak has ended by Brock Lesnar of all people, but it's not a bad WM. If anything, this has been the best Wrestlemania from beginning to end in recent memory. Seeing Hogan/Austin/Rock all in the middle of the ring drinking a beer, Cesaro win the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, the excellent storytelling of Bray Wyatt/John Cena, and Daniel Bryan beating HHH to go on to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship to end this 8 month journey of suffering all outweigh the end of The Streak (and what I feel is truly the end of an Era unlike after HHH/Taker 3 @ WM 28). Yes I was in shock and feeling pretty down after Taker lost, but something in the back of my head was telling me that The Streak might be broken soon, even though my heart was saying the Streak will forever remain undefeated. It's a shame we never got to See Undertaker/John Cena at a Wretlemania because I feel like Taker/Lesnar will be Taker's last match ever.

I wonder how RAW will go down tomorrow after all the events of WM 30?

3DS FC: 0001-3758-4431
    *Credit goes to Garnet Til Alexandros XVII for the Userbar*

Daniel Bryan went through hell and managed to pull off one heck of a miracle, I honestly thought he was done after the RKO/Batista Bomb combo through a table and they were wheeling him out on a stretcher, but dang he don't quit.

Then again neither does Triple H apparently, at least both him and Stephanie got thiers when they tried to interfere in the triple threat match.

Raw tommarrow is going to be interesting to say the least.

Other positives this year
    John Cena not being in the main event for a change
    The Sheild showing how dominant they are ( I love the masks they wore to the ring)
    Cesaro winning the Andre Trophy and not the big show

Yeah the only negative was taker losing, but not so much the loss to me, but more so how the match went down, since other than when they hit thier sig moves it didn't seem like they were trying to much.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 7th April 2014 at 5:53 AM.

I'm happy for Daniel Bryan. I guess WWE's going all the way with him after all. At least for now. I'm kinda shaken up right now. I never expected Undertaker to lose at Wrestlemania. I'm not angry, just surprised. WWE shocked me. Never thought Taker's streak would end. I kinda wish it wasn't Brock Lesnar who ended it but a new major player for WWE for the future, but it is what it is. I don't hate Brock Lesnar for it or anything. He's got his legacy now. But I'm guessing this is the final year for Undertaker. With the streak gone, Taker can retire and be in his rightful place in the Hall of Fame as a true legend. One of WWE's all time greatest for sure.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

From what I had time to watch, Wrestlemania was actually pretty solid.

I really and truly felt that the announce team just dragged the show down so much though. Cole honestly did about 80% of the work, and when the other two did chime in, it wasn't anything interesting.

And kudos to WWE for pulling the trigger on Taker's loss, the look on the crowd's face was priceless.
    ----------------------------------

Better Lesnar than some newcomer who would be doomed to failure trying to live up to being the 1 out of 22.

I'm actually glad they ended it, just look at the reactions from everyone... Another Taker victory would have just been more of the same for an event that's supposed to be special.

It's sad but Taker just can't deliver like he used to anymore. A loss isn't going to devalue the streak and I'd rather we get some sort of memorable and emotional finale rather than the Undertaker riding off into the sunset after predictably winning again.

If it was completely Undertakers call to lose to Brock Lesnar, than I guess I will respect his decision.

It would have been so much better for Taker to "pass the torch" to a young guy that's on the rise, to help push them over. Maybe someone like Roman Reigns?

Having Brock Lesnar break the streak does nothing. Not only is Brock Lesnar already established, he is only a part-timer, who has no love for this business other than the fat paychecks it gives him.

At least Daniel Bryan beat Triple H, and won the championship!

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Brock Lesnar shouldn't have won because he's a part timer? Lol. Undertaker isn't exactly full-time himself...

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    It would have been so much better for Taker to "pass the torch" to a young guy that's on the rise, to help push them over. Maybe someone like Roman Reigns?
    Yes because we all know that Reigns is good enough and has proven himself to be able to carry said torch.

If anything going over the Undertaker would probably hurt any of their rising stars in the long run. There's very few who are established and good enough to actually be able to carry an accomplishment like that, and Brock's one of those names. Not to mention if any outcome for a streak match does nothing for noone, it's having the Undertaker win for the millionth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Brock Lesnar shouldn't have won because he's a part timer? Lol. Undertaker isn't exactly full-time himself...

Yes because we all know that Reigns is good enough and has proven himself to be able to carry said torch.

If anything going over the Undertaker would probably hurt any of their rising stars in the long run. There's very few who are established and good enough to actually be able to carry an accomplishment like that, and Brock's one of those names. Not to mention if any outcome for a streak match does nothing for noone, it's having the Undertaker win for the millionth time.
    Yes Taker is a part timer. He's 49 years old. He has been in the business longer than Brock. You can definitely tell Taker has aged, he can't wrestle at a high ability anymore, but he can do enough to put on a match. I think Undertaker has at least two more Wrestlemania matches left in him, maybe three more. Brock is what, 36 years old? He can still wrestle at a high ability. Brock could wrestle more often honestly, but he doesn't. I imagine he will go back to his part time schedule after breaking the legendary streak. Brock is a gifted athlete don't get me wrong. He has accomplished a lot in WWE. I definitely don't hate the guy. I just don't think he should of ended the streak. It's my opinion.

Sure, you're right. Reigns hasn't established himself, you got me there.

I guess I should of put in my previous post that I wish Takers streak would of been saved to put over the likes of Reigns at Wrestlemania 31 or 32.

By then Reigns could really establish himself as a superstar in the company, once he's out of the Shield. He doesn't need a full 10 years to establish himself. He could do a lot in the next year or two if he's used properly.

That's just what I think though. Go ahead and shoot down my opinion lol.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 7th April 2014 at 9:55 AM.

1693 1038 1902

In a perfect world assuming the creative/writing team wasn't a joke we could see something like that, but under the circumstances I think Lesnar was a good choice. Not to mention he could use the win after losing to both Cena and Triple H.

And again we don't know if Reigns is even a main event level guy... It would have been much, much worse if they gave that kind of rub to someone who would later be doomed to float around the midcard forever. Sure there's nothing wrong with having Taker win over and over but at a certain point it takes away from the whole drama/story aspect when every angle has the same predictable outcome.

BUUUUULLLLLLSSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT

Lesnar DOES NOT DESERVE to end Taker's streak...he doesn't even wrestle full-time! I'd rather have Cena beat him OR new and upcoming starts like Bray Wyatt...Michales or Triple H would have been a fitting end to his streak too but nope....The match wasn't even that great!

On the bright side, Cesaro and Bryan were the true shining stars of this event! Well deserved!
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    In a perfect world assuming the creative/writing team wasn't a joke we could see something like that, but under the circumstances I think Lesnar was a good choice. Not to mention he could use the win after losing to both Cena and Triple H.
    For some reason I wasn't thinking about the losses to Cena and Triple H. Lesnar could indeed use the win after losing both of those key matches to Cena and Triple H, I wont argue about that. I especially thought the loss to Cena was a pretty rotten loss. Lesnar was unfortunately a hurdle for Cena during Cenas "redeeming himself" storyline.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 7th April 2014 at 11:01 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Why Brock Lesnar? Why not some young full-timer? Bray Wyatt should've ended it. Oh well...

Because of this, Lesnar better become a full timer and go for the gold (Ya know the main reason he's even in the WWE stated by Heyman in December) and destroy Daniel Bryan. Ugh.... Daniel Bryan strapped in gold. Yuck...

- I used too big an image in my sig, so a mod replace it with a Magicarp -

No matter how you look at it, it's hard to call it the wrong decision when Taker turned something that has become completely stale, and turned it into the talk of the town.

Now Taker can explore new avenues of his character, and Brock lesnar has added credibility.

And I think the most important thing that people are forgetting here is Paul Heyman. This is the guy that "coaches" Brock Lesnar, if he led Lesnar to do that, than he now has infinite credibility when managing other new superstars(who's names aren't axel and ryback)

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    No matter how you look at it, it's hard to call it the wrong decision when Taker turned something that has become completely stale, and turned it into the talk of the town.

Now Taker can explore new avenues of his character, and Brock lesnar has added credibility.

And I think the most important thing that people are forgetting here is Paul Heyman. This is the guy that "coaches" Brock Lesnar, if he led Lesnar to do that, than he now has infinite credibility when managing other new superstars(who's names aren't axel and ryback)
    Hey, you forgot Heindenrich. Or maybe he's so forgettable you forgot him. But I agree that it will certainly put Heyman in a place of power whenever he manages a young superstar. Because now he can say a Paul Heyman guy ended the Undertaker's streak.

I'm starting to get the idea that WWE never wanted a young guy to end Taker's streak because that's way too much pressure and expectations to throw on an up-and-comer. Building a guy up to THAT degree could possibly, depending on what the guy's made of and how the crowd accepts it, break him.

So why NOT just give it to the part-timer who can't possibly damaged by it because he won't be around enough to get anything out of it.

A young guy beating Taker was high risk, high reward. It could have MADE a guy, but if he flopped or wasn't ready, it would be disastrous. Brock beating Taker is basically no risk, no reward. It doesn't help anybody, it doesn't build anything, but there's no pressure or downside, either.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

It's kinda funny. We were all mostly writing off the Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar match as another win for Taker, and were all freaking out over if Danile Bryan was going to make it to the main event and be champion. Now Daniel Bryan's the champion at long last and it's second to Undertaker losing. I kinda feel like Daniel Bryan's big moment was overshadowed by the shocking results in the Undertaker match. Even having Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and the Rock all in the same ring together isn't being talked about much. I'm actually fully okay with AJ Lee keeping her belt. She was the underdog in that match just to keep the belt. And Antonio Cesaro winning the over the top challenge was good. I hope this means a push for Cesaro, I was worried after he lost to Cena he was going to join Damien Sandow, but I guess maybe he won't? Bray Wyatt losing to John Cena...not at all surprised.

This Wrestlemania did not suck or wasn't bad. I'm sure fans over on Youtube or the internet in general are crying over the streak and I'll watch some rants if there are any. Some fans might even be happy. I will agree with some of you guys that while I would have preferred to have seen Taker lose to a young guy, it was risky. With Brock Lesnar there is little to no risk and Lesnar is a legit beast. So I'm not angry, just shocked. I still respect Undertaker. Thanks for the 21 great victories at mania. And I don't hate Brock Lesnar. He's really talented and again he's a beast. I will say I love the fans reactions. Even Paul Heyman didn't believe it, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I'm starting to get the idea that WWE never wanted a young guy to end Taker's streak because that's way too much pressure and expectations to throw on an up-and-comer. Building a guy up to THAT degree could possibly, depending on what the guy's made of and how the crowd accepts it, break him.

So why NOT just give it to the part-timer who can't possibly damaged by it because he won't be around enough to get anything out of it.

A young guy beating Taker was high risk, high reward. It could have MADE a guy, but if he flopped or wasn't ready, it would be disastrous. Brock beating Taker is basically no risk, no reward. It doesn't help anybody, it doesn't build anything, but there's no pressure or downside, either.
    I don't see how it doesn't help all involved. For the first time in years, Taker went from "the streak guy" to actually feeling like a character and wrestler again(in a good way I feel).

And I see Lesnar sticking around on his current schedule for quite a bit. I mean, if he had that surgery and can't do much else but wrestle, why wouldn't he?

On a completely random note, was anyone else surprised at one of Batista's kick outs during the main event? I can't remember when exactly it was, I'm pretty sure it was around when trips got involved, but basically Randy RKO'd him, and batista kicked out at like a 2.99 count. Just caught me off guard is all.

My issue isn't that a young guy didn't end the Streak, or even that it ended in the first place. I would have been fine if Michaels ended it at WM25 or 26, I could have accepted Triple H ending it at WM28, I could have accepted CM Punk ending it last year. I would have preferred anyone else - and I literally mean anyone - ending it this year. Just not Brock Lesnar.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    My issue isn't that a young guy didn't end the Streak, or even that it ended in the first place. I would have been fine if Michaels ended it at WM25 or 26, I could have accepted Triple H ending it at WM28, I could have accepted CM Punk ending it last year. I would have preferred anyone else - and I literally mean anyone - ending it this year. Just not Brock Lesnar.
    Why? Just look at Brock! He looks 8 times more capable of getting the job done than any of those candidates.

And I guess I don't understand why people can't understand that when they ask "why Brock?", they are answering their own question. Just look at the collective gasp across the board, that's something only Undertaker could achieve with only the right situation, and this was it. What was otherwise booked to be "another taker match" was the perfect opportunity to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Why? Just look at Brock! He looks 8 times more capable of getting the job done than any of those candidates.

And I guess I don't understand why people can't understand that when they ask "why Brock?", they are answering their own question. Just look at the collective gasp across the board, that's something only Undertaker could achieve with only the right situation, and this was it. What was otherwise booked to be "another taker match" was the perfect opportunity to do it.

It basically gave "credibility" back to Brock in doing so ever since his return. The problem I personally have with it is this, Brock Lesnar since he has come back has lost to Triple H and Cena. Albeit he won against Triple H twice (the one loss was at Mania), and he beat CM Punk. The fact that he won against Taker and it was clean with nothing added from Heyman is just....it's like saying Cena could have and would have beat Taker clean, and the fact that he's lost as well to Trips who Taker beat 3 times at Mania yet it was the one PPV where Brock lost to him, it's just it doesn't feel like it makes any real sense for it to have happened. HBK was a legitimate contender to do it, because they rarely ever faced off when they were both in WWE, and when they did, you know who won those encounters when the full match played out? HBK. It was also one of the things that HBK has never accomplished in his long accolades. Triple H I never felt would, or had the legitimacy to do so and was just in it for the D measuring contest he was trying to show. Punk was a forgone conclusion to lose though he did great with the build up to get people to want to watch him lose to Taker, now that's what it was about. I still feel that it would have been one of the biggest things for Taker to have lost to a rising star to give a guy an accolade and something to amount to, to start building to a bigger future with championships.

I mean I'm mad about it ending, I'm shocked, I hate it, but it's in the books, so my childhood is now officially over for WWE. I guess the only reasons I watch now will probs be because of Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, Bray and a few select other guys.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Page 268 of 299 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast