Page 270 of 300 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 7477

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Ultimate Warrior dying was a big what the **** since the streak ended...I mean we just saw him on Raw X amount of days ago and he's dead...Just what the hell?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I remember watching Warrior a little bit when I was a young kid. I'm happy we were able to see him on Raw Monday. It's awesome that he was inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame as well. Very well deserved! He will always be missed. Rest in peace Warrior.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I mean at least he was inducted into the ha;; pf fame before he died.......
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

It entirely sucks that he died this soon after being inducted, but I bet it was the happiest he's been in his life. His two daughters walking with him on stage at the HOF. Getting to see their dad back in a WWE Ring for one of his no nonsense promos that also gave back to his fans. Though this promo wasn't one of those random, nonsense ones, they were so eeriely foreshadowing, but seriously right about the future. We are the ones that make the guys legends as we watch them, hope anyone that was watching that realizes to enjoy their favorites now and make them the legends they will be in the future so as not to regret it.

Onto other things, anyone think we'll get more call ups besides Rose, Paige, Rusev, and Bo Dallas? I can see them possibly bringing up new divas in the coming months, but really I can see Zayn, Amore/Big Cas, or just long shot with the Ascension since they aren't doing something down in NXT and the gimmick can work as something to build on a work to bringing up the tag division more.

I can see creative throwing Harper/Rowan into a feud with the Usos. Add in we got Ryback/Curtis Axel, 3MB, and Los Matadores for jobber like teams, the Shield can occasionally tag, and put the Rhodes Brothers on more as well, they could use some more Heel teams. Hell if they want to feel gutsy a bit bring Aiden English up as Sandow's protege they were having him look for like a year ago. I really wish we had a team that was like the WGTT, MNM, or even Cryme Tyme again just for a team that works really well together and we get great double team moves in matches again.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

I wonder how long it will be before WWE figures out my network subscription was paid with a pre-paid credit card with $4.56 left on it lol
    ----------------------------------

I think the WWE hype machine has some of you guys fooled... Rose and Dallas at best will probably end up in midcard purgatory or part of some tag team nobody gives a f*** about. (Rybaxel, anyone?) and Paige will be lucky to receive more than 5 minutes each week just like the rest of the divas. (aside from AJ, who's been booked horribly as of late...)

I like Bryan, but he's become way overrated. he's nowhere near Punk or Cena on the mic and tends to just completely ride on the coattails of his "catchphrase". Plus it remains to be seen what he can do outside of his whole underdog persona. as for Bray I've personally gotten tired of the guy aside from his cool entrance. Again, I think he's been way over hyped. Half the time I find his promos to be teetering on the edge of overacting and/or completely nonsensical. (granted, he's supposed to be deranged, but still....)

In my opinion the only exciting prospect right now is Cesaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Plus it remains to be seen what he can do outside of his whole underdog persona.
    Uhhhh, no it doesn't lol. He's had like 3-4 characters in WWE already haha.

If his passive agressive personlity he displayed with AJ is any indication, Bryan can do a pretty damn good character.

I feel that Bryan can be good on the mic, but I don't think he's the type to stray far from the script. So when the script tells him to say yes 800 times I don't think he'll fight it.

He's shown to be a guy that's been a "No gimmick" guy since he seriously did lack any form of a character from NXT, to "No gimmick needed" kind of guy in his US title run (he just put on pretty damn good matches), to a weasel heel from his WHC run, to a crazy and self indulgent heel after the 18 second match and well his pairing with Kane. Which has brought us to his entire underdog thing they've been doing for the last year. He's like Benoit with more personality and character upside to him. He'll get through promos especially when he's got better people to play off of, though he won't be like Cena or any of the top promo guys, he's good but everyone at this level (WWE/Global) should at least be good at it in some way or another.

Also I know Bo Dallas is gonna fail, but I don't mind watching the failure and enjoying it. As for Adam Rose, yeah it's obvious he's going to be a lower mid to midcard kind of character, but once that's lived out it's usefulness maybe he can go back to being his "Kruger the Hunter". I enjoy the guy (so far as Rose and the previous hunter gimmick) and won't probably see him past lower status, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Yeah, phantom, I'm a bit confused as to how they can bring up more divas from NXT when they only have three left down there right now (Charlotte, Sasha, and eugene/bayley). In my eyes, the divas just need to get better/be given more airtime before anyone will take them seriously. Luckily, none of the total divas have held the belt yet, so it's not like their situation is entirely -bleep- ed.

Also, I'm sorta hoping that Adam Rose does a split-personality sort of thing like what Kane did a while back with his masked/unmasked version. If they threw him into a feud with Bray Wyatt alongside this, I definitely wouldn't be complaining.

After seeing NXT this week, I'm a bit confused as to what sort of character Bo will bring. Will he stick to this whole anti-Bryan thing, or bring on his own take on this crap. In either case, I see bo-ring crap in the near future. As for the rest of NXT, ugh. Mojo Rawley beat Sylvester Laforte by using the same two-move combo that creeps the hell out of me (the man version of "rear view", which I've nicknamed "truck-nuts", followed by running and sitting on a dude's chest). They also made no mention of the whole divas championship scenario, as Paige is technically a "dual-champion" right now leaving me a bit confused as to whether they'll combine the championships or merely have her defend both titles simultaneously. Oh, and it looks like Brodus Clay is going to be the new #1 contender for the NXT championship. Unless they have Oliver Grey turn heel off of this, I will find it as entertaining as Tons of Funk breakdancing.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    I think the WWE hype machine has some of you guys fooled... Rose and Dallas at best will probably end up in midcard purgatory or part of some tag team nobody gives a f*** about. (Rybaxel, anyone?) and Paige will be lucky to receive more than 5 minutes each week just like the rest of the divas. (aside from AJ, who's been booked horribly as of late...)

I like Bryan, but he's become way overrated. he's nowhere near Punk or Cena on the mic and tends to just completely ride on the coattails of his "catchphrase". Plus it remains to be seen what he can do outside of his whole underdog persona. as for Bray I've personally gotten tired of the guy aside from his cool entrance. Again, I think he's been way over hyped. Half the time I find his promos to be teetering on the edge of overacting and/or completely nonsensical. (granted, he's supposed to be deranged, but still....)

In my opinion the only exciting prospect right now is Cesaro.
    I agree. I'm sick of Daniel Bryan. He should not be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Maybe WWE champion or World Heavyweight champion, but not the main guy in the business. Someone like Punk drops "Pipe Bombs". Someone like Cesaro can actually wrestle. Not saying Bryan isn't fun to watch, but the only thing that carries him is that stupid "yes" catchphrase I'm getting sick of. They glued together the titles at the worst time. I hear the WWE is trying to make Roman Reigns a top baby-face and have him headline Wrestlemania, but what's the point when all the fans will be just booing him when he wins the Rumble because they wanted to see Bryan win it. With top guys like Bryan, Cena, Cesaro, Wyatt, Orton, Batista, the Shield, Rusev, Lesnar, and Sheamus, it's kind of disappointing to see only 2-3 of those guys will be put in the title picture every PPV while the rest of them are thrown into some random storyline.

- I used too big an image in my sig, so a mod replace it with a Magicarp -

Lol, leave it to the IWC to clamor for Bryan to win the big one for an entire year an turn on him literally the week after he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime 44 View Post
    I agree. I'm sick of Daniel Bryan. He should not be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Maybe WWE champion or World Heavyweight champion, but not the main guy in the business. Someone like Punk drops "Pipe Bombs". Someone like Cesaro can actually wrestle.
    I'm not sure if you're trying to insinuate that Bryan F'ing Danielson can't wrestle or not. Because if so that's the biggest joke I've ever heard in this topic. Bryan can run circles around any one performer in WWE, Punk and Cesaro included.

I feel that you're mistaking him adapting a 5 moves of doom moveset as inability in the ring, but not only has Punk done that years ago(basically 3rd rope dropkick, GTS, anaconda vice, and knee the head in the corner(I forget the name lol)), and Cesaro is practically there already. I give the swing a lifespan of about 2 months.

Not to mention Bryan has probably wrestled more matches than any other performer in all of 2013, often 2-3 times a night. There's not a lot of opportunity to test new moves in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime 44 View Post
    I agree. I'm sick of Daniel Bryan. He should not be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Maybe WWE champion or World Heavyweight champion, but not the main guy in the business. Someone like Punk drops "Pipe Bombs". Someone like Cesaro can actually wrestle. Not saying Bryan isn't fun to watch, but the only thing that carries him is that stupid "yes" catchphrase I'm getting sick of. They glued together the titles at the worst time. I hear the WWE is trying to make Roman Reigns a top baby-face and have him headline Wrestlemania, but what's the point when all the fans will be just booing him when he wins the Rumble because they wanted to see Bryan win it. With top guys like Bryan, Cena, Cesaro, Wyatt, Orton, Batista, the Shield, Rusev, Lesnar, and Sheamus, it's kind of disappointing to see only 2-3 of those guys will be put in the title picture every PPV while the rest of them are thrown into some random storyline.
    Yeah, out of those "top guys" you mentioned, only two and a half of them are even remotely good (those being Wyatt, Cesaro, and Cena/Bryan when they aren't pandering to the audience). As for the rest of them, ugh. Orton had his best moments in 2010/2011 and has looked boring since, Batista has been discussed heavily here already (read previous posts, you'll see why everyone hates him), Rusev was boring on NXT and aside from the spinning heel kick is basically a 300LB version of fandango who oddly enough also has a hot blonde manager, Sheamus is basically tag team filler right now and will probably never get another Main title match barring a massive change in character, and Lesnar is only ever seen twice a year making him more of a side-show than an actual "top talent". I will agree that Daniel Bryan has gotten boring, but can you really blame him? Over the past six months all he did was play the underdog role and abuse his catchphrase whilst participating in more matches than all of Cena and Orton combined. Now that he's champion, he's lost his main niche and has to focus on something else in order to avoid pissing off the audience entirely. I'll give him until Summerslam before he loses the championship, would love to see the old "switcheroo" happen from last year where Cena cashes in on Bryan after he either loses to Orton or just barely wins.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    I'll give him until Summerslam before he loses the championship, would love to see the old "switcheroo" happen from last year where Cena cashes in on Bryan after he either loses to Orton or just barely wins.
    Wait, isn't summerslam like 5-6 months away? No way in hell Bryan makes it that far. I give him 3 months tops before he loses it. Not that he won't win it back, but I just don't see him lasting that long.

Masked Kane is back. He'll send Daniel Bryan straight to hell while making kids and women cry. And after that, he'll light Stephanie on fire for how he talked to him......

Yeah you're right not PG........ but rumors were that Daniel Bryan would face Triple-H for the title at Extreme Rules. I would much rather see a man who could get really extreme..... *cough* *cough* Masked Kane *cough *cough* fire.

- I used too big an image in my sig, so a mod replace it with a Magicarp -

I'm still waiting for Bryan to go stale. But so far that hasn't happened and it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

It would be nice to see Masked Kane go up against Bryan instead of Triple-H.
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

Yeah, I'm starting to partially like this episode of Raw. Paige added a submission to her repertoire (something she desperately needed), I sorta have a feeling we'll see a 6-man inferno match involving the shield and kane + the ascension (with Kane threatening to set ambrose/rollins on fire should reigns not join the authority), and they have Barrett vs Ziggler which if they gave these guys legitimate airtime could easily be match of the year. All this, yet I'm still considering it only an average episode due to their current treatment of now-fandango with layla and future-fandango also known as Rusev.

and they have Barrett vs Ziggler which if they gave these guys legitimate airtime could easily be match of the year.
    100% agreed. This has been the one biggest problem I've had with PG WWE over these past few years, they pass up doing feuds between semi-established stars. All they seem to think to book is "established star against rookie/established against established"(i.e. authority/shield or Brock/Taker).

While in reality using built up stars together/in a feud allows them to finally flesh out their character. Case and point Team Hell No. Take two successful guys with nothing else to do, and they both gain two new characters and become the hottest thing in the company.

It's exactly what the Usos/Brotherhood and Cesaro/Swagger should be doing right now. Instead we get the Usos, who have been around for a few YEARS now, as champions despite the fact I know absolutely nothing about them.

[note: I know this wasn't your point, but I just thought it was tangential to what you brought up]

I like how this RAW made the IC belt feel important again. This is why I am glad we only have one WWE Championship again. The IC belt got a tournament dedicated to it and truly feels like the second most important belt again. Wish the US belt had that level of importance. I would be surprised if Cesaro doesn't win the tournament and face Big E Langston for the belt. His win over Mark Henry was impressive. RVD beat ADR, Sheamus beat Jack Swagger, and Wade Barret beat Dolph Ziggler. I really liked Barret vs Ziggler. Anyway this episode of RAW started off with paying respect to Ultimate Warrior and showing some of his great moments as a WWE legendary superstar.

John Cena cracks some jokes at Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family, but Bray Wyatt once again was gold on his promo. Snoreton and Boretista took on the Uso's and the match wasn't finished as the Shield attacked them. Fandango and Layla defeated Santino and Emma. How many times are we going to see Fandango fight Santino?

Stephanie was great in her segment with Kane. She felt like a true heel worthy of the name Mcmahon. Are we going to see the return of masked Kane...again? Big Show knocks out Damien Sandow, in not a match. Just a segment.

Finally the Shield were forced to face every single Heel in a 10 on 3 match. And when the beat down was over, they came out. Evolution 2.0 with their old Evolution theme music playing. Triple H, Snoreton, and Boretista destroyed what was left of the Shield after the beat down. And oddly enough, as they were going to the ring, they passed Ryback who was just lying on the floor. What happened to him? Anyway Evolution 2.0 finish off the Shield after they were beat up by every other heel in the back. Good way to bring a dominant heel faction back to life. Evolution 2.0 is here. It's 2003/2004 all over again XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I like how this RAW made the IC belt feel important again. This is why I am glad we only have one WWE Championship again. The IC belt got a tournament dedicated to it and truly feels like the second most important belt again. Wish the US belt had that level of importance. I would be surprised if Cesaro doesn't win the tournament and face Big E Langston for the belt. His win over Mark Henry was impressive. RVD beat ADR, Sheamus beat Jack Swagger, and Wade Barret beat Dolph Ziggler. I really liked Barret vs Ziggler. Anyway this episode of RAW started off with paying respect to Ultimate Warrior and showing some of his great moments as a WWE legendary superstar.

John Cena cracks some jokes at Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family, but Bray Wyatt once again was gold on his promo. Snoreton and Boretista took on the Uso's and the match wasn't finished as the Shield attacked them. Fandango and Layla defeated Santino and Emma. How many times are we going to see Fandango fight Santino?

Stephanie was great in her segment with Kane. She felt like a true heel worthy of the name Mcmahon. Are we going to see the return of masked Kane...again? Big Show knocks out Damien Sandow, in not a match. Just a segment.

Finally the Shield were forced to face every single Heel in a 10 on 3 match. And when the beat down was over, they came out. Evolution 2.0 with their old Evolution theme music playing. Triple H, Snoreton, and Boretista destroyed what was left of the Shield after the beat down. And oddly enough, as they were going to the ring, they passed Ryback who was just lying on the floor. What happened to him? Anyway Evolution 2.0 finish off the Shield after they were beat up by every other heel in the back. Good way to bring a dominant heel faction back to life. Evolution 2.0 is here. It's 2003/2004 all over again XD
    I was reading his lips after that massive 10-person suicide dive thing, his exact words being "I think I tore something". In either case, I only liked about 25% of the entire show.

I said this before and I'll say it again: John Cena is killing Bray Wyatt's career. Bray went from being the patriarch of a family of three monsters to a guy who not only has to introduce crappy kid-comedy segments but star in them with cena. This entire feud has Rowan/Harper sitting on their hands with Cena basically *****-slapping the greatest young heel wwe has right now. If it continues past the next PPV, I doubt anybody will take these guys seriously.

For me, the IC title tournament is both a good omen and a horrid disaster in the waiting. On one hand, it shows that the creative team is willing to give guys more than 5 mins of time who aren't competing in the main-card. On the other hand, I can guarantee you that when this whole tournament is over the belt itself will make the US title seem useless by comparison, leaving the WWE with a championship for every tier (main-card, mid-card, low-card, tag-team, and divas). If they can perhaps throw ambrose into the mix I'll be happy, as otherwise WWE is setting themselves up for a giant mess come summerslam.

I was reading his lips after that massive 10-person suicide dive thing, his exact words being "I think I tore something". In either case, I only liked about 25% of the entire show.

I said this before and I'll say it again: John Cena is killing Bray Wyatt's career. Bray went from being the patriarch of a family of three monsters to a guy who not only has to introduce crappy kid-comedy segments but star in them with cena. This entire feud has Rowan/Harper sitting on their hands with Cena basically *****-slapping the greatest young heel wwe has right now. If it continues past the next PPV, I doubt anybody will take these guys seriously.

For me, the IC title tournament is both a good omen and a horrid disaster in the waiting. On one hand, it shows that the creative team is willing to give guys more than 5 mins of time who aren't competing in the main-card. On the other hand, I can guarantee you that when this whole tournament is over the belt itself will make the US title seem useless by comparison, leaving the WWE with a championship for every tier (main-card, mid-card, low-card, tag-team, and divas). If they can perhaps throw ambrose into the mix I'll be happy, as otherwise WWE is setting themselves up for a giant mess come summerslam.
    They could be trying to restore prestige to the IC Title. With the unification of the WHC and the WWE title they could make the IC Title the #2 title in the company, giving it to the main event talent. The US title could be kept for the mid-card talent.

More of a viewable raw especially with a tournament for the IC title happening. That's honestly a good way to step up the meaning of the belt (though they'll still job out/mess with the champ) though having guys that are "lower main event" like ADR and Sheamus with RVD, Cesaro, Swagger and throwing in Mark with Barrett and Ziggler in there with some time to each match. That just builds everyone's credibility. I wouldn't go far as saying Dolph/Wade would be MOTY if given any real time to a match, but they'll be guys people actually want to see on a card for once and have a good match. It'll be like MOTN caliber mostly, but heck it's something of a change, especially from two guys snubbed by a bad creative team. If they do more tournament stuff like this, I'm glad they re-unified the titles, it's something people can enjoy watching and gives us matches we wouldn't remotely get if we wanted. Swagger/Sheamus, Barrett/Ziggler, and something like Cesaro/RVD could be something interesting to watch over a course feud wise because of the guys involved. Honestly predictable night, except I figured that Swagger might have found a way to win somehow, and ADR would have won.

As for Paige's submission, I think she showed that one off a few weeks or even a month ago. Scorpion crosslock I believe. I think I remember seeing a match with Alundra Blaze and Bull Nakano not too long ago (was watching a random summerslam) with Bull using it. Pretty cool to see her adopt it since I think a submission fits her more than that "page turner" move.

My guess is Cesaro will win the belt at Extreme Rules and then they'll have him feud with Swagger until Summerslam.

Best part about Raw though was the re-awakening of Kane.

Oh and where was AJ? Talk about awful booking there.

Ugh, I said it before but I'll say it again, Bray Wyatt(+wyatts) are NOT HEELS. They do nothing antagonizing, hell, they even go for a cheap pop by announcing the name of the town they're in.

Ryback and HHH are the ONLY two true heels they have right now. Batista and Axel could count too if only for the fact no-one actually wants to see them.

Well, the IC tourney is a great idea, giving guys that stay to much on margin of the top tier of Cena and Bryan a change to rise up, and give more believability to the title, I personaly hope Bad News Barret wins this tourney, he and Cesaro are my favorites but I like Barret more, and what a way to end my birthday last night, with Evolution coming back XD

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Ugh, I said it before but I'll say it again, Bray Wyatt(+wyatts) are NOT HEELS. They do nothing antagonizing, hell, they even go for a cheap pop by announcing the name of the town they're in.

Ryback and HHH are the ONLY two true heels they have right now. Batista and Axel could count too if only for the fact no-one actually wants to see them.
    Have you seen them over the past few months? They faced Kane (as heels), Kofi/Miz (as heels), Daniel Bryan (as heels), and Cena (who were treated the same way everyone is when they face him). Unless they somehow get involved in a feud with someone who is a face, they're heels who the audience applauds whether we like it or not, much like the shield. As of right now, Steph and Triple H are the only heels in the WWE that the audience actually reacts to. Nobody cares/has cared about ryback for the past year. The guy is boring, and has no mic skills at all.

In unrelated news: apparently Tamina is the new #1 contender to the divas championship suggesting that AJ is not getting a rematch clause/is done with WWE, and apparently hornswoggle is teaming with 3MB right now in an attempt to have a 2 + little person dressed as a bull vs 2 + ginger + little person dressed as a 90s rocker feud.

Page 270 of 300 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280 ... LastLast