Page 271 of 300 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 7498

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

yeahhhh the last episode of WWE showed kane contemplating his mask.... I hope he gets back to wrestling with his mask on, his was seems kinda wierd and i hate him in this whole passive aggressive diplomatic situation for stephany
    Bug-Type Represent !

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Have you seen them over the past few months? They faced Kane (as heels), Kofi/Miz (as heels), Daniel Bryan (as heels), and Cena (who were treated the same way everyone is when they face him). Unless they somehow get involved in a feud with someone who is a face, they're heels who the audience applauds whether we like it or not, much like the shield. As of right now, Steph and Triple H are the only heels in the WWE that the audience actually reacts to.
    You're very off the mark if you assume because a person feuds with a face that makes them a heel. If that were the case then I guess Cena was a heel in his feud with Rock? Bryan a heel in his feud with Cena?

Indeed they are BOOKED as heels, but they are not written as heels, which is much more important.

Nobody cares/has cared about ryback for the past year. The guy is boring, and has no mic skills at all.
    Never said he was exciting or did it well, I merely stated he was one of the lone true heels.

In unrelated news: apparently Tamina is the new #1 contender to the divas championship suggesting that AJ is not getting a rematch clause/is done with WWE
    This would make for one hell of a powercouple return if her and punk returned simulatenously eh?
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    yeahhhh the last episode of WWE showed kane contemplating his mask.... I hope he gets back to wrestling with his mask on, his was seems kinda wierd and i hate him in this whole passive aggressive diplomatic situation for stephany
    To be honest, I'm kinda bored with Kane. I feel like the Kane character has run it's course. His only real purpose now is to occasionally squash a jobber or put over a new talent. That's kinda Big Show's agenda now too. Beat up a jobber, getting a pop from the fans and putting over a new talent. Storyline wise Kane doesn't do much of anything anymore. I'm almost sorta surprised he's still around wrestling.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Storyline wise Kane doesn't do much of anything anymore. I'm almost sorta surprised he's still around wrestling.
    I don't know why but I get this feeling with Undertakers streak over, they will use Kane as the "big wrestlemania guy". I'm not saying to have Kane start his own streak but have him do some very interesting matches to make up for the Undertake matches that we wont be seeing anymore. Get a few good cage matches, maybe a casket match (I would love to see one of those again!) Hence bringing back the mask. Its sorta dumb but its been stuck in my head and I feel like its gonna happen.
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    I don't know why but I get this feeling with Undertakers streak over, they will use Kane as the "big wrestlemania guy". I'm not saying to have Kane start his own streak but have him do some very interesting matches to make up for the Undertake matches that we wont be seeing anymore. Get a few good cage matches, maybe a casket match (I would love to see one of those again!) Hence bringing back the mask. Its sorta dumb but its been stuck in my head and I feel like its gonna happen.
    Nah. As the rumor goes, Kane is only sticking around for 1-2 more years because of the money. Besides wrestling he is making an insurance company with his wife(protection from hell,fire, and brimstone I'm sure), and he always seems to have some kind of political office he wants to run for.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up on that one. If anything it will be Brock Lesnar filling that void. Between being established, being the one to have ended the streak, and being a part timer, he is the perfect candidate for the role.

Yeah, I can only see Kane around for another year or two honestly, maybe not even the end of this year. I would like to see the big red monster in office though if his ideas are good and well he goes into character every so often (especially with things revolving around fire), that'd be awesome. Even if it's at ExRules, I do believe he and Daniel Bryan should have a proper send off match at least from the time they were in Team Hell No to all the things with the Authority on PPV. Kind of a last part of things for Kane to do especially seeing as we won't have another Kane/Taker match. Other than that he really does have little ties to superstars of today unless he starts something new for whatever reason.

As for Brock, if he is willing to stick around and be an attraction for the next 3-5 years, I actually don't mind him sticking around. I've accepted the fact that he's beaten the streak, is the most legitimate looking guy for the company, and is there for the money, but hey at least his matches haven't been so bad when you get the right investment into them (ala Punk/Lesnar summerslam). I wouldn't mind seeing Barrett/Sheamus/Cesaro/Reigns vs. Lesnar if he's sticking around. You can make any 4 of them be legitimate to fight Brock for some reason (Barrett's street fighting nature, Sheamus' irish BA-ness, Cesaro being the swiss superman, and Reigns well being Reigns). I don't really care to see anyone else try to use up his time, but if the first two were used to help build more credibility for Brock I don't mind, and if Brock puts over the latter two, then it's alright by me. I just don't want to see him done after this year (I think he's basically on a yearly contract now?) especially when he's only like 35/36 and can still be an attraction for at least 3 years still.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Even if it's at ExRules, I do believe he and Daniel Bryan should have a proper send off match at least from the time they were in Team Hell No to all the things with the Authority on PPV.
    Agreed, I don't understand why the writers dance around the Hell No business so much. There was nothing controversial about it to prevent them from acknowledging it, and while its hard to remember due to how much they ignore it, it was possibly the hottest thing of the year.

Speaking of which, I don't get why the haven't brought Dr.Shelby back to manage someone. He's a proven character that could be aligned with just about any person on the roster given the nature of his "profession".

As for Brock, if he is willing to stick around and be an attraction for the next 3-5 years, I actually don't mind him sticking around. I've accepted the fact that he's beaten the streak, is the most legitimate looking guy for the company, and is there for the money, but hey at least his matches haven't been so bad when you get the right investment into them (ala Punk/Lesnar summerslam). I wouldn't mind seeing Barrett/Sheamus/Cesaro/Reigns vs. Lesnar if he's sticking around. You can make any 4 of them be legitimate to fight Brock for some reason (Barrett's street fighting nature, Sheamus' irish BA-ness, Cesaro being the swiss superman, and Reigns well being Reigns). I don't really care to see anyone else try to use up his time, but if the first two were used to help build more credibility for Brock I don't mind, and if Brock puts over the latter two, then it's alright by me. I just don't want to see him done after this year (I think he's basically on a yearly contract now?) especially when he's only like 35/36 and can still be an attraction for at least 3 years still.
    Pretty much exactly what I was thinking too. Have lesnar win Mania matches two years in a row, and put over people in the following two, then retire.

Riddle me this, my fellow WWE fans! I heard the original plan was to have Brock vs Rock at Mania 30. If that is so then who would have faced Undertaker at Mania 30 and ended the streak if this was the time to end it? I've been thinking about that for awhile.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Riddle me this, my fellow WWE fans! I heard the original plan was to have Brock vs Rock at Mania 30. If that is so then who would have faced Undertaker at Mania 30 and ended the streak if this was the time to end it? I've been thinking about that for awhile.
    They probably wanted to have rock vs brock vs undertaker, with the rock bailing out due to contract disputes. That's the most logical way at least, assuming you believe that the undertaker was guaranteed to lose the streak this year.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Not sure if anyone is watching SD! right now, but Heyman just cut promo of the year lol

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Not sure if anyone is watching SD! right now, but Heyman just cut promo of the year lol
    Not watching SD, but do tell (Currently at my moms house= No TV.....AT ALL!)
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

It's pretty ironic how they went from the best thing in WWE right now to the most disappointing. If they were smart, they'd make one of the divas a "paul heyman guy" and have her go after the title. That'd be fascinating.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    Not watching SD, but do tell (Currently at my moms house= No TV.....AT ALL!)
    He literally just yelled "My client Brock lesnar has ended the streak!" about 30 times in a row lol

It's pretty ironic how they went from the best thing in WWE right now to the most disappointing. If they were smart, they'd make one of the divas a "paul heyman guy" and have her go after the title. That'd be fascinating.
    If only for the "what the hell?" factor and that she just broke off with Fandango, seeing Summer Rae in that role would be interesting.

If only for the "what the hell?" factor and that she just broke off with Fandango, seeing Summer Rae in that role would be interesting.
    Seeing any diva in that role would definitely bring a "wow factor". AJ could mesh well as she has ties to CM Punk, as could Summer Rae/the bellas due to heyman's willingness to manage blonde haired talent with fake moobs (cough, lesnar).

Seeing any diva in that role would definitely bring a "wow factor". AJ could mesh well as she has ties to CM Punk, as could Summer Rae/the bellas due to heyman's willingness to manage blonde haired talent with fake moobs (cough, lesnar).
    I heard a rumor that AJ was taking a "leave of absence" from WWE much like her fiancé is. This is def saddening.

Quote Originally Posted by spaulcam View Post
    I heard a rumor that AJ was taking a "leave of absence" from WWE much like her fiancé is. This is def saddening.
    Well, she's just taking time off. He's presumable gone for at least a year though.

They probably wanted to have rock vs brock vs undertaker, with the rock bailing out due to contract disputes. That's the most logical way at least, assuming you believe that the undertaker was guaranteed to lose the streak this year.
    If it was Brock/Rock in original plans with DB vs. Sheamus and Punk against HHH like all things were speculating, they could have either changed it so DB could have faced Taker (Succeed where multiple people in the authority HHH, Kane, Orton, had failed) or just given him the year off. No one else really would have the build or hype to successfully take on the streak. Not unless they threw Bray Wyatt out there doing it (but I think that would be too much pressure for the guy to take on this early in his Wyatt run). I mean the streak has been treated as stepping up to test yourself, the way they make it out. Having it be a triple threat just would dilute that hype and 23 year build if he were to lose it that way.

Also caught a replay of SD, Heyman is just gonna remind us near every week til Brock comes back of his client's accomplishments. That was some good work by Heyman though, but it was pretty regular stuff from the guy.

Rest of SD was meh. More building up of Paige and Rusev. Santino/Fandango for some reason is still going. Big E looking even weaker for having to win by DQ over ADR. Such a random match of Hornswoggle and El Torito. At least Sheamus and Batista was ok. The one thing I got from this SD was, why aren't they making R-Truth more credible? Dude is 40 now, and can still pull off some cool athletics like that side cartwheel backflip thing and is more entertaining than a fair amount of guys they are trying to push on the mic.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    The one thing I got from this SD was, why aren't they making R-Truth more credible? Dude is 40 now, and can still pull off some cool athletics like that side cartwheel backflip thing and is more entertaining than a fair amount of guys they are trying to push on the mic.
    I'm not sure how I feel about R-truth. On one end, I'm probably a bigger mark for this guy than anyone in the thread(I still truly believe his heel run against morrison was the best promo work of post Angle/Lesnar era), but I'd being lying if I didn't admit that he has problems connecting with the crowd.

But it's confusing, in the same exact way that its confusing with Christian, because they guys have proven over their careers to be experts at connecting with the crowd.

My best guess is its just because they don't give midcarders the week to week time they used to. And the younger guys probably just connect better for the sole purpose that these older guys are the ones they are squashing.

Yeah, for me R-Truth is the prime example of an overbuilt midcarder who would be useless in any other role. His best years are way behind him (Ron the truth Killings from TNA was the best role he ever performed in his life), and due to a lack of airtime and connectivity with the fanbase he is more or less fodder to guys they want to build for the mid/maincard now. Also, if anyone's wondering why he lost the connectivity with the crowd, just ask yourself "what's up!". That explains it all.

In other news: I finally watched the heyman bit. They say you can judge a man not by how many different words he has in his vocabulary but by how efficiently he uses them. In the case of Paul Heyman, he's still a diabolical genius. The guy used the same seven words over and over again to piss off the audience, but did so in such a way as to help them. Words tend to lose their meaning/seriousness once they're repeated over and over again. If Heyman continues this, hopefully the audience will finally stop crying over not seeing the undertaker at WM anymore.

At least WWE is getting less and less PG per week. Kane pulled out the greatest destroying of a superstar in the PG era while Steph cursed. But to have this reach max potential in Kane's final year in WWE, it should end with Kane turning on the authority in the winter and having a Kane vs Triple-H at W31. I still don't think Kane should lose at Extreme Rules tho. Bryan may not have to lose his championships, but have a scenario where all Kane does it destroy Bryan around the arena which forces the ref to call off the match.

I seriously think the WWE should respect it's greatest superstar in it's history by him going out strong by having a Kane vs Triple-H match in W31 due to him turning on the authority (Sending Orton, Batista, Vickie, Maddox, and Steph straight to hell). And at W31, Kane sets Triple-H on fire which results Vince McMahon firing Kane the next night (And he sends him off to hell in his final show).

- I used too big an image in my sig, so a mod replace it with a Magicarp -

If anyone hasn't heard Cesaro's new entrance music, ugh. It's sorta funny how they balance out entrance musics by bringing back evolution/getting rid of Batista's music and instead give us this new/crappy Cesaro one.

^ I agree. They either need to tone down the air raid siren at the beginning or give him something completely different.

Best part of Raw last night: Layla in that gold dress!

Lol at Cesaro's entrance music. They had how many months of knowing they were going to push him hard and that's the best they could come up with?

I agree his previous theme doesn't fit a main eventer, but come on. Save us Jim Johnston.

It's a shame too, as the one he had prior to joining the real americans was usable. Hopefully they'll change it to something more deserving of the "king of swing" (perhaps they could give him Mae Young's entrance music for "lols" ).

Yeah, tbh Cesaro's theme song is subpar at best, it doesn't fits him at all, and it's sad because he is recieving a lot of the fan's love.
    Also......just saw Barret's Bad News for the week......damn he burn Big E. a little XD

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Page 271 of 300 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281 ... LastLast