Page 272 of 299 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 7474

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Shame that it's looking like a Barrett vs Big E feud at Extreme Rules because while I've really enjoyed Bad News Barrett I wouldn't want to see him win the title if yet again they'll do what they did last time he was champion and effectively just make it meaningless with repeated non title losses amongst other things. What they've done with Big E while he's champion does not give me much hope that it'll change any time soon.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I never gave my mini review on last RAW. Well the show was alright. I was the most surprised about the IC tournament. I expected it to come down too Cesaro vs Sheamus with Cesaro winning. I was very pleased to see Bad News Barret beat Sheamus, as I didn't think he would. Rob Van Dam winning over Cesaro...meh. I will say that I love Paul Heyman's repeated "My client, Brock Lesnar ended the streak!" thing. They need to play that as much as Jericho plays on he beat Rock and Austin in the same night.

The Kane opening with Daniel Bryan was old school masked Kane. The Kane that doesn't sell being attacked and is a legit monster. Nicely done. Not sure if I still want to see this feud. I'd be shocked if Kane actually won the belt though. Triple H and Evolution cut a promo, and old Triple H sounded a bit horsey, LOL. The Shield come out but Evolution have all the backstage heels come out as their insurance. Well played Triple H. Hornswaggle joined the three man jobbing band to feud with Los Matadores and their bull, El Torito. It's a interesting concept to say the least, but you can save that sort of thing for Smackdown. No offense.

Santino and Emma battle Fandango and Layla for the 100th time. You guys think they have had enough tag team matches together? Personally I think they could use one more, LOL. Anyway other then that, I really don't have much to say about RAW. Bray Wyatt is still amazing with his Wyatt promos, but truthfully I'm getting tired of this feud with John Cena. It's just lost it's appeal for me and Bray didn't get the big win at Wrestlemania like he should have. Oh well I guess.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Bray Wyatt is still amazing with his Wyatt promos, but truthfully I'm getting tired of this feud with John Cena. It's just lost it's appeal for me and Bray didn't get the big win at Wrestlemania like he should have. Oh well I guess.
    It's bad enough Bray didn't get a clean finish on Cena at mania. But the fact that WWE won't even allow THREE(count em, THREE!) people to get a clean finish on Cena on Raw is just plain insanity.

What WWE doesn't seem to understand is Cena's matches would be a helluva lot more intriguing if he lost more, because there'd be more doubt on who'd win.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    It's bad enough Bray didn't get a clean finish on Cena at mania. But the fact that WWE won't even allow THREE(count em, THREE!) people to get a clean finish on Cena on Raw is just plain insanity.

What WWE doesn't seem to understand is Cena's matches would be a helluva lot more intriguing if he lost more, because there'd be more doubt on who'd win.
    It's sorta an iffy topic though too, as Cena's hated by half the community right now thus making his wins/losses a bit more polarizing than say if a DB/Orton lost. For Cena's matches to be more interesting, he has to lose to a guy that noone would expect him to lose to (someone like Bo Dallas/Corey Graves). Then if he does happen to lose to someone like wyatt, the audience can then say that it isn't the worst thing that's happened to him/not go into panic mode.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post

At this stage though that is easier said than done. It would take a great effort from wwe to actually get ride of "super cena" gimmick and replace it with a more realistic one for John Cena to use.

My problem with a few things is: Why go to commercial during Heyman's promo? He is easily one of the most interesting people on their TV shows each week and that's just a thought on, "Da heck? Great now I'm missing something interesting." at least for me it would be. The second is so it's a handicap match and as soon as Harper/Rowan break up a pin, it's a DQ???? I mean hello, they break up counts all the time, and now it's just a DQ? That's just bulls***. He clearly could have lost that clean, but nope DQ win b/c they broke up a count. That's when the ref threw for the bell is upon breaking up a count...so they didn't lose. As far as Cesaro's new theme, I think it'll grow on me, the other one didn't do a whole for me anyway. Again it seems to be a CFO$ song, really what is their fascination with having several people with CFO/Downstrait songs? I know Jim Johnston does his best to work with these guys and make the song for the superstars, but this stuff kind of gets ridiculous after a bit on some themes. Though there have been worse things for themes. I remember reading a thing on WWE.com that he when he creates these themes that he tries to make the song akin to the character they are playing and their movesets. I think this one fits that bill more than Miracle did, though I do enjoy the Patriot theme a lot I know he was going to have to part with it. Oh well, I'll take what I can take as long as they don't go theme hopping him like they did with Barrett.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    My problem with a few things is: Why go to commercial during Heyman's promo? He is easily one of the most interesting people on their TV shows each week and that's just a thought on, "Da heck? Great now I'm missing something interesting." at least for me it would be. The second is so it's a handicap match and as soon as Harper/Rowan break up a pin, it's a DQ???? I mean hello, they break up counts all the time, and now it's just a DQ? That's just bulls***. He clearly could have lost that clean, but nope DQ win b/c they broke up a count. That's when the ref threw for the bell is upon breaking up a count...so they didn't lose. As far as Cesaro's new theme, I think it'll grow on me, the other one didn't do a whole for me anyway. Again it seems to be a CFO$ song, really what is their fascination with having several people with CFO/Downstrait songs? I know Jim Johnston does his best to work with these guys and make the song for the superstars, but this stuff kind of gets ridiculous after a bit on some themes. Though there have been worse things for themes. I remember reading a thing on WWE.com that he when he creates these themes that he tries to make the song akin to the character they are playing and their movesets. I think this one fits that bill more than Miracle did, though I do enjoy the Patriot theme a lot I know he was going to have to part with it. Oh well, I'll take what I can take as long as they don't go theme hopping him like they did with Barrett.
    See, I was always under the assumption that when multiple people break up a count in a handicap match, it's a DQ no matter what. While I agree that cena shouldn't have won that match (as it ruins rowan/harpers' momentum), I still have a pretty good feeling that Cena will get annihilated at the chamber and/or turn heel against what'll be a very terrified Bryan.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    See, I was always under the assumption that when multiple people break up a count in a handicap match, it's a DQ no matter what. While I agree that cena shouldn't have won that match (as it ruins rowan/harpers' momentum), I still have a pretty good feeling that Cena will get annihilated at the chamber and/or turn heel against what'll be a very terrified Bryan.
    Honestly, I don't even know anymore. They change the rules ever so slightly to fit their booking, it's never really definitive. I would assume you are allowed to break up a count (disregarding that two guys make the attempt to save it) that way they don't lose the match. That's the point of a handicap match, the two or three or more guys on one side have all the advantages of having more men. Now with repeated double teams/attacks past that I can understand a DQ in the tag variety of a handicap match. But, nope ref calls for the bell as they saved the match for themselves, and then they proceed the beat up. I mean it's not really noticeable if you aren't paying attention, but it seems I always see this stuff and it really bugs me. I can get the logic on it, but if you actually go back and look (they replay this stuff a hundred times a week) people are bound to notice too if they cared or knew the rules of a handicap match...whatever they may be. I mean I'd assume breaking up counts are fine, as they always are in handicap matches, tag matches, and some others by non "legal" participants of a match.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

It's sorta an iffy topic though too, as Cena's hated by half the community right now thus making his wins/losses a bit more polarizing than say if a DB/Orton lost. For Cena's matches to be more interesting, he has to lose to a guy that noone would expect him to lose to (someone like Bo Dallas/Corey Graves).
    I'm not saying have him lose to people left and right. Just that people who are supposed to be his arch rivals like Punk or Orton can't get a single clean victory over him is really a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    At this stage though that is easier said than done. It would take a great effort from wwe to actually get ride of "super cena" gimmick and replace it with a more realistic one for John Cena to use.
    But that's my point, this isn't the same stage we've been at, it's getting worse. 2 people is one thing, but I don't think we've ever seen 3 people not be able to even get a cheap pin on cena, much less a clean one. Last time something this ridiculous happened it was Orton and Cena against the roster, but I don't think they won that.

I mean, I really don't mind if Cena beat a group of 12 wrestlers clean, so long as he some kind of match to promote. But in this case it does nothing for cena and hampers the Wyatt family who they are supposedly building up.

You forgot about one-armed Cena beating Sandow clean. Which was almost as ridiculous as the idea that a match like that would elevate Sandow in some way other than up on the list of most awful Super Cena performances.

Cena is not turning heel anytime soon. WWE is essentially giving us the middle finger in their treatment of him knowing full well most people are tired of the character simply because of the cash he brings in. I believe there's a term for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    You forgot about one-armed Cena beating Sandow clean. Which was almost as ridiculous as the idea that a match like that would elevate Sandow in some way other than up on the list of most awful Super Cena performances.

Cena is not turning heel anytime soon. WWE is essentially giving us the middle finger in their treatment of him knowing full well most people are tired of the character simply because of the cash he brings in. I believe there's a term for this...
    This was the end of Damien Sandow. I never believed him being beat but one-armed Cena would help him. I ranted about it when it happened. I'm glad Cesaro getting beat by John Cena didn't hurt him. I was worried when Cesaro beat Randy Orton and then lost clean to John Cena. I thought Cesaro was going down Sandow territory. Thankfully that's not what happened and he's actually getting a push. But that comes more from his Wrestlemania victory then Cena defeat.

With the Intercontinental Championship getting it's push, it's time the Tag Team division gets it's push. I mean, tag team is one of the most epic matches ever (Ex Shield vs Wyatt Family). And when you already have great teams like the Wyatt's, Shield, Evolution, and Usos, it's time to make the title mean something. Which is why it should go from 2 man titles to 3 man titles (Because 2-2 is boring as hell now, 3-3 is where the PPV gravy happens).

After Extreme Rules or Payback, Batista is taking a break so Evolution needs another man. The perfect Evolution type guy for his replacement is Cody Rhodes. He's much better as a heel anyway, and an extremely talented tag teamer.

And when Reigns leaves the Shield for his babyface push, the Shield will probably turn back heel and will need another heel guy. (According to sources, WWE is not getting rid of the Shield, only Roman Reigns FROM the Shield). And Reigns replacement has to be Adam Rose. The muscle man of the group.

Randy Orton - Cody Rhodes - The Miz (Yes, you heard it. The Miz part of Evolution) - TripleH

Bray Wyatt - Luke Harper - Erick Rowan

Dean Ambrose - Adam Rose - Seth Rollins

Jimmy Uso - Jey Uso - Kofi Kingston

Ryback - Curtis Axel - Damian Sandow

What do you guys think? Is the WWE more exciting when the tag team division is actually relevant?!

- I used too big an image in my sig, so a mod replace it with a Magicarp -

Eh, I don't really think Sandow is that great, so I actually enjoyed that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime 44 View Post
    With the Intercontinental Championship getting it's push, it's time the Tag Team division gets it's push. I mean, tag team is one of the most epic matches ever (Ex Shield vs Wyatt Family). And when you already have great teams like the Wyatt's, Shield, Evolution, and Usos, it's time to make the title mean something. Which is why it should go from 2 man titles to 3 man titles (Because 2-2 is boring as hell now, 3-3 is where the PPV gravy happens).

After Extreme Rules or Payback, Batista is taking a break so Evolution needs another man. The perfect Evolution type guy for his replacement is Cody Rhodes. He's much better as a heel anyway, and an extremely talented tag teamer.

And when Reigns leaves the Shield for his babyface push, the Shield will probably turn back heel and will need another heel guy. (According to sources, WWE is not getting rid of the Shield, only Roman Reigns FROM the Shield). And Reigns replacement has to be Adam Rose. The muscle man of the group.

Randy Orton - Cody Rhodes - The Miz (Yes, you heard it. The Miz part of Evolution) - TripleH

What do you guys think? Is the WWE more exciting when the tag team division is actually relevant?!
    You lost me at three man tag championship haha. The shield and Wyatts have good matches/characters because they usually have half of a show dedicated to them. If the roster was proliferated with 3 man groups you'd be left with six 3MB's instead of 1-2 good 3 man groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime 44 View Post

Yeah, no. Cody Rhodes and the Miz were treated like crap by triple H/Orton (the former being fired BY triple h after he had a match WITH orton, and the latter being decimated in front of his parents in his hometown), so there's no way in hell that'd happen. Adam Rose joining the shield makes absolutely no sense, as he is by no means a "muscle man" and has a style that mirrors that of ambrose rather than reigns. Kofi Kingston joining up with the Usos sounds like more of a racial sitcom than anything (what do you get when you pair up two samoans who've had crappy booking with an underrated ghanan whose had crappy booking since 2009?). Oh, and speaking of crappy booking: Damien Sandow joining forces with Ryback and Axel would probably be the most unwatchable thing on the face of the earth barring another Cena vs Rock match at Wrestlemania.

If anything, what the WWE needs right now is more focus on the talent they have right now and less additions of new gold. Perhaps they could combine the IC/US titles with the tag team title push (have the current holders of the two mid-card titles face the tag champs for their gold). If that happened, we could then see a reemergence of the buried talent they currently have, and we could see all three titles elevated simultaneously through things other than cheesy gimmicks and/or 6v6 tag team matches. That, and who wouldn't want to see more unique tag teams develop (imagine Barrett/Sandow, or Harper/Kingston, or even Ziggler/Ambrose).

I wonder when we'll get to see another United States title match. Just curious, but does Dean Ambrose even carry that belt into the ring anymore? I haven't seen it. Or maybe he does and I just see it as part of his everyday Shield outfit. Honestly the U.S. Belt either needs to be unified with the IC belt or become a belt for maybe the NXT guys to aim for before trying to get the IC and WWE belts? Maybe? I don't know. But I wish the belt would get used and defended.

I wonder when we'll get to see another United States title match. Just curious, but does Dean Ambrose even carry that belt into the ring anymore? I haven't seen it. Or maybe he does and I just see it as part of his everyday Shield outfit. Honestly the U.S. Belt either needs to be unified with the IC belt or become a belt for maybe the NXT guys to aim for before trying to get the IC and WWE belts? Maybe? I don't know. But I wish the belt would get used and defended.
    The problem is that Ambrose has been dragged into what is going on three feuds in which he hasn't had a chance to defend against anyone (mind you, they "could" have had him defend against kane). Perhaps they'll continue on the evolution/shield feud with the US title after extreme rules (have Triple H strip Ambrose of the title due to his lack of defenses, then give the title to either Orton/Batista to build it up). If they did that, we could easily see the three shield members each go their seperate ways without that messy breakup everyone is expecting to happen.

I doubt Orton or Batista would get the US belt. They are only aiming for the main event belt and maybe the Tag belts if it benefits their teamwork thing. Another reason I don't see them getting the US belt is because there is no mid card guy who would go over Orton or Batista, especially right now in Evolution. Orton and Batista don't really flipflop between top mid card and main event status like Kane, Big Show, Miz, Barret, Y2J, Alberto Del Rio, and Sheamus do. So seeing either of them hold a mid card belt for a long time would be strange.

I doubt Orton or Batista would get the US belt. They are only aiming for the main event belt and maybe the Tag belts if it benefits their teamwork thing. Another reason I don't see them getting the US belt is because there is no mid card guy who would go over Orton or Batista, especially right now in Evolution. Orton and Batista don't really flipflop between top mid card and main event status like Kane, Big Show, Miz, Barret, Y2J, Alberto Del Rio, and Sheamus do. So seeing either of them hold a mid card belt for a long time would be strange.
    I'm doubtful as well, but at the same time they need a fresh face to elevate the title now that it's basically been forgotten about for a year. If orton or batista won the championship, it could fit so well into my whole "us/ic champions vs tag team champions" idea in that we'd see all the champions elevated to the point of the main title being "equal". Orton/Batista need to do something like this in order to remain relevant, as you can only have so many people in the main card picture without ruining the championship in general, and there are already 4 (at least from my count) people ahead of them in line (Triple H, Kane, Lesnar, possibly reigns if they wanted to do the whole "have face a vs face b with the winner being annihilated by heel a" thing again).

Also, 5mins into NXT and they've already stripped Paige of the NXT divas title. I was so excited to see her defend both titles simultaneously, such a shame ><

Watch them pull a WCW and say Ambrose threw the title away as it's not as important to him right now, and some random person find it and start defending it. As long as that doesn't happen though, I can see Ambrose losing it on a random episode of RAW b/c Evolution costs him the match. Let someone like I dunno Swagger win it, and if Cesaro finds his way to winning the IC title at some point they can fight down the line in a unification match. Build up the tension between them still as trying to prove who the better champion is while they have respective feuds with other people and this can all culminate at like SummerSlam. It'd be pretty cool to see something like that happen.

As for the three team thing, most of those don't even make sense. Adam Rose is supposed to be a flamboyant party guy. Even as Kruger he wouldn't really be a "muscle" kind of guy. Throwing Kofi in with the Usos would be something creative would do because outside the WGTT and Morrison/Truth there really aren't many interracial tag teams that come to mind. Sandow with Rybaxel sounds like a lame thing too, as he's supposed to be an "intellectual", so why would he even be hanging around with those two neanderthals. Not unless he goes supervillain and needs two lackey's to set up his trap and beat defeated by the Hurricane (AND ROSEY).

It doesn't take much, just put in a real ranking type of system, hold tournaments for #1 contender spots, make rivalries about beefs guys have with each other. Barrett + Sheamus is something I actually might enjoy watching if they branch out into a feud since they work well together and is logical (England and Ireland have long been at odds, see Regal/Finlay for an example of making it work for good reason). Cesaro + Swagger makes sense because of their partnership. Cesaro + RVD in a feud can work if RVD wins the whole thing to win the IC title even because current Heyman guy against former Heyman guy. Tbh, I can't really think of anything else looking at their roster that makes logical sense for matches or feuds, because they don't care enough to give us a reason besides saying, "Hey go out there and do whatever".

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Watch them pull a WCW and say Ambrose threw the title away as it's not as important to him right now, and some random person find it and start defending it. As long as that doesn't happen though, I can see Ambrose losing it on a random episode of RAW b/c Evolution costs him the match. Let someone like I dunno Swagger win it, and if Cesaro finds his way to winning the IC title at some point they can fight down the line in a unification match. Build up the tension between them still as trying to prove who the better champion is while they have respective feuds with other people and this can all culminate at like SummerSlam. It'd be pretty cool to see something like that happen.

As for the three team thing, most of those don't even make sense. Adam Rose is supposed to be a flamboyant party guy. Even as Kruger he wouldn't really be a "muscle" kind of guy. Throwing Kofi in with the Usos would be something creative would do because outside the WGTT and Morrison/Truth there really aren't many interracial tag teams that come to mind. Sandow with Rybaxel sounds like a lame thing too, as he's supposed to be an "intellectual", so why would he even be hanging around with those two neanderthals. Not unless he goes supervillain and needs two lackey's to set up his trap and beat defeated by the Hurricane (AND ROSEY).

It doesn't take much, just put in a real ranking type of system, hold tournaments for #1 contender spots, make rivalries about beefs guys have with each other. Barrett + Sheamus is something I actually might enjoy watching if they branch out into a feud since they work well together and is logical (England and Ireland have long been at odds, see Regal/Finlay for an example of making it work for good reason). Cesaro + Swagger makes sense because of their partnership. Cesaro + RVD in a feud can work if RVD wins the whole thing to win the IC title even because current Heyman guy against former Heyman guy. Tbh, I can't really think of anything else looking at their roster that makes logical sense for matches or feuds, because they don't care enough to give us a reason besides saying, "Hey go out there and do whatever".
    Perhaps they could pull the whole "cesaro costs RVD his #1 contender's match, then takes his aggression out on ambrose" thing.

Also, 20mins into NXT and Paige (the former NXT divas champion and current WWE divas champion) got pinned cleanly by Triple H's daughter. I get that they're trying to build the heel divas there right now, but it's a tad annoying that they have to drag an NXT alumni through the mud to do so. Oh, and Tyson Kidd vs Mason Ryan will probably be the worst match of the year, assuming the rock/cena don't have a lumberjack ironman match for the divas championship which could totally happen at summerslam.

I'm doubtful as well, but at the same time they need a fresh face to elevate the title now that it's basically been forgotten about for a year. If orton or batista won the championship, it could fit so well into my whole "us/ic champions vs tag team champions" idea in that we'd see all the champions elevated to the point of the main title being "equal". Orton/Batista need to do something like this in order to remain relevant, as you can only have so many people in the main card picture without ruining the championship in general, and there are already 4 (at least from my count) people ahead of them in line (Triple H, Kane, Lesnar, possibly reigns if they wanted to do the whole "have face a vs face b with the winner being annihilated by heel a" thing again).

Also, 5mins into NXT and they've already stripped Paige of the NXT divas title. I was so excited to see her defend both titles simultaneously, such a shame ><
    I really don't see Orton and Batista going from the main event of Wrestlemania trying to get the WWE belt to trying to get the forgotten US belt. They have Sheamus, Kane, and Big Show for that. Batista and Orton are main event guys. Lesnar and Triple H only wrestle at PPV or big events in Lesnar's case. Do not expect Batista or Orton to win the United States Championship. That would be like John Cena or the Rock trying to get the IC belt.

Perhaps they could pull the whole "cesaro costs RVD his #1 contender's match, then takes his aggression out on ambrose" thing.

Also, 20mins into NXT and Paige (the former NXT divas champion and current WWE divas champion) got pinned cleanly by Triple H's daughter. I get that they're trying to build the heel divas there right now, but it's a tad annoying that they have to drag an NXT alumni through the mud to do so. Oh, and Tyson Kidd vs Mason Ryan will probably be the worst match of the year, assuming the rock/cena don't have a lumberjack ironman match for the divas championship which could totally happen at summerslam.
    Paige was pinned by Triple H's infant daughter? Damn, they are starting immensely early on her taking over the family business. $5 says by age 5 she'll be 15 time world champ like her old man.

I miss Punk... The show still feels hollow without him.

Also: How long do you guys think it will be before Rusev gets saddled with a comedic/dancing gimmick? I give it about 3 months time. Place your bets now gentlemen.

Also: How long do you guys think it will be before Rusev gets saddled with a comedic/dancing gimmick? I give it about 3 months time. Place your bets now gentlemen.
    I'll give him until after the next ppv (not extreme rules, but the one after that). Whether wwe likes it or not, rusev is incredibly boring both in and outside the ring. His whole "stand around posing for half his airtime" crap is setting himself up exactly like pre-steroid chris masters and mason ryan, and the combination of lana/his recent matches is just baffling (if they wanted a russian to take over wwe, wouldn't a string of matches vs "real americans" make more sense?).

I also miss CM Punk. I still don't agree with how he left WWE exactly, but if he's not happy and not getting the push he wanted then I can't blame him for leaving. With Punk gone a void was put in the main event slot. Daniel Bryan fills it but still.

About Rusev, he gives me that monster heel character vibe that WWE always pushes then drop halfway through and then becomes a jobber or comedy person. The only thing I like about Rusev right now is Lana. Lana is awesome. But beyond the awesome Lana, Rusev feels like a Ryback character.

Page 272 of 299 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast