Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Try for the Family Stone! (616)

Default Try for the Family Stone! (616)

Misdreavus, Murkrow & the Dusk Stone!

Continuing onto the next town, Ash & Co. meet a pair of trainers. One is searching for a Dusk Stone for her Misdreavus while the other is looking for their Murkrow who flew off after a tough training session. However, Team Rocket soon capture the trainer's Misdreavus. It's up to everyone to get the Misdreavus back. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Hands down one of D/P's worst episodes and a complete waste of time as it followed the recipe of a Johto filler:

Cotd got a problem.
    Team Rocket interferes.
    Team Rocket is blasted away.
    Cotd problem solved.

Horrible animation too.

I hate the use of the word "capture" in the summary above. other than that, i agree with rampardo but sometimes episodes like this one might be better when its dubbed.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampardo View Post
    Hands down one of D/P's worst episodes and a complete waste of time as it followed the recipe of a Johto filler:

Cotd got a problem.
    Team Rocket interferes.
    Team Rocket is blasted away.
    Cotd problem solved.

Horrible animation too.
    Agreed. It's a shame it could have been so much better. Next weeks episode seems to have Johto syndrome too. Let's hope HGSS hasn't made the writers return to their Johto saga days. I think they're just taking a tiny personal break before the shitstorm ahead though. Team Galactic, Sunnyshore, and Dawn's final ribbon all on top of each other. Not to mention a possible Gible capture and the Grand Festival and Sinnoh League no doubt following closely behind.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Deja Vu.

This all seems like it's happened before.

I dislike the animation but that isn't something that surprised me.

On the other hand, I enjoyed seeing Murkrow and Misdreavus together in the same episode.

LOL, was this episode really that bad? I'll have to check it later.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LOL, was this episode really that bad? I'll have to check it later.
    Hmm, it is probably a matter of perspective. It just seemed so familiar to me. Like I've seen this exact same plot many times before.

I didn't enjoy it, but others might, you know?

At the end of the ep, the Mukrrow and Misdreavous didn't evolve into their DP forms.

What was the point, then? I thought they wanted to show how old Johto Pokemon evolve into Sinnoh Pokemon.

My guess is that we've already seen Mismaggy and Mafiakrow, so the writers never saw any point in making either evolve.

The fact they're Johto pokemon and HGSS are just out, however, is the perfect excuse to throw trash like this episode at us, as a brain melter before the whole Galactic events.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Such a waste of complete time...Not even Giratina at the start was real. And those COTDs were really boring.

Ok after what Rampardo said I'm not even going to bother watching it. I won't even look at the pics on this site.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

It was so-so episode.
    I wasn't that disappointed because I knew the episode was going to be bland filler. XD

I don't know about the story, but I sure liked COTD Ruchiru.

Yay for Takeshi =P

This episode actually looked ok until the end. No Honchkrow or Mismagius! Well, at least a real one. Anyway, can someone explain the middle of the episode to me. The whole part about the boy confused me. One minute he's holding Murkrow, then throwing stuff at it. I'm guessing flashback...but still.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Is anyone else confused about Giratina randomly appearing out of thin air and then a wave of water comes crashing at Dawn, Ash, and Brock? Or weren't they just illusions? Nice to see Brock using the PokeGear; wonder what he used it for and aw at Brock blushing from being hugged at the CotD (the first one) and is that the first time ever happened to him? At first, I thought the boy was abusing Murkrow with those rolls, but I got that wrong I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    It was so-so episode.
    I wasn't that disappointed because I knew the episode was going to be bland filler. XD

I don't know about the story, but I sure liked COTD Ruchiru.

Yay for Takeshi =P

Brock got hugged?! now i have to watch it!
    Ash's team right now

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

So girl hugs Brock, Misdreavus and Murkrow do a dance, random dude comes in and throws rolls at Murkrow, because he thinks Murkrow's hungry, they all take drugs and have hallucinations about Giratina, Mismagius and Pimpkrow, TR appears, do their motto, then gets blasted off, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Nice to see Brock using the PokeGear; wonder what he used it for
    Probably the map.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Could someone show me a picture from DP148 showing Giratina? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

so dang boring it was unwatchable with out being able to understand japanese i don'tt think it'll be any better in english but hey i changed my mind about the psyduck episodes so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    Yay for Takeshi =P

Maybe there's still hope for him yet (I think).
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Such a waste of complete time...Not even Giratina at the start was real. And those COTDs were really boring.

Yeah I'm surprised they even mentioned Giratina in the summary it only had like 5 seconds of screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    This episode actually looked ok until the end. No Honchkrow or Mismagius! Well, at least a real one. Anyway, can someone explain the middle of the episode to me. The whole part about the boy confused me. One minute he's holding Murkrow, then throwing stuff at it. I'm guessing flashback...but still.
    Caution: This might be complete BS but this is what I gathered from that kid:

He was like a wimpy version of Paul. He lost a battle to that girl and her Misdreavus so he was training Murkrow by toss stones at it and having it try to smack them away with it's wing. Murkrow failed at life, had a fit, and flew away.

I never noticed how weak most character of the days were. No wonder gym leaders are held on such a high pedestal in the anime. It makes Ash and Dawn look like elite trainers in comparison. Pikachu one hit KOed that Murkrow, I know it had a type advantage but that doesn't usually lead to a one hit KO in the anime. Misdreavus fainted after a little shock from TR's machine

Pics are up on the site

I just saw the pics, and I gotta say, WTF?! Why is Ash's Pokedex blue?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

I think that was the COTD's pokedex

Its almost as if the writers purposely made a crappy episode right before the big Galactic stuff.

Most of the other eps between the Snowpoint Gym eps till now have been good, even if some were average like in the Twinleaf Town arc, but this was the first "bad" filler in a while.

I guess this goes to show you that no matter how much the show improves, the writers will still make crappy episodes every so often.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast