Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Try for the Family Stone! (616)

It amazes me at how many people keep thinking Ash's Pokédex is blue when it is clearly the girls.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

It was quite disappointing that Murkrow and Misdreavus didn't evolve.

It was even more disappointing that the Giratina wasn't real...

how random is it that a giratina flies past them????
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Well the 2 CODS were siblings apparently and I believe there names where michuru and richuru anyhow this episode
    was pretty bland.

-Ash and his friends start off the ep walking in a Forest of Woe...haven't seen that in a while!
    -Brock's using the Pokegear. Taking bets on how long the writers bother using him to advertise this feature from HGSS!
    -A Murkrow! And it LOOKED at time! OH NOOOOOOOO
    -I'll admit that I saw a translation of the ep's dialogue over on Bulbagarden, so if it seems like I actually know what the hell's going on in a random filler episode, well, that's why! Right now they're talking about how seeing a Murkrow at night is an omen of some sort.
    -STOMP.
    -STOMP.
    -STOMP.
    -Funky music cue, and...GIRATINA! Everyone freaks out, Ash goes for his Pokedex, Giratina prepares to stomp on them, and they run away before Ash can scan it.
    -They got away, but...FLOOOOOOOOOD!
    -They get swept away by that, fade to black, and...they're all having seizures!
    -Haha, oh that Confuse Ray! Pokemon always use it on random people for no good reason!
    -Brock? Do you not SEE what that COTD is wearing? I know you're desperate, but can you TRY hitting on someone who dresses like an actual human being?
    -I know what the upcoming Pikachu and Piplup R IN LUV!!! ep needs:Croagunk stabbing them to snap it out of it! Hey, it's funny enough when it does it to BROCK of all people...
    -Flashback. Yawn.
    -Wandering around the forest. Yawn.
    -Murkrow getting fried by Pikachu for some reason! Yay!
    -I love how people get angry when people try to catch/otherwise attack the Pokemon they let out of their sight without any clear indications(collars, ribbons, etc) that they're owned by someone already. A simple "hey that Murkrow's mine, I just let it get ahead of me for a minute" would do, but noooo, he has to get ANGRY.
    -In today's Meowth Psychotic Delusion, Giovanni seems to have had a bit too much to drink and has stumbled into the Blue Dot Room to recover. Luckily, Mismagius is there to sober him up! A quick green glow, and his blood alcohol level is .00 and he doesn't even have to deal with a hangover the next morning! Giovanni is obviously grateful to Meowth(and friends) for getting him this WONDERFUL Pokemon.
    -You threw rocks at Murkrow to train it, not stopping even after it was clearly having trouble doing whatever you were trying to get it to do, and you were surprised it flew off? Goddamn, you're an idiot.
    -A dusk stone! Gee golly jeepers, that must mean that one of these two Pokemon that evolves into a new Gen 4 Pokemlon using the dusk stone is going to evolve! Right? RIGHT?
    -PIDGEY. MECHA. HELL. YES.
    -Mecha Pidgey used Gust! Sudowoodo was stopped in its tracks! ...wait, Brock's DOING something?
    -Mecha Pidgey used Sweep!...er, I mean, Sand Attack! And then Wing Attack! Sudowoodo really sucks!
    -This Pidgey's giving me some serious "PS1 platforming game boss" vibes. "While the Mecha Pidgey's wing is flying towards you, quickly run behind the mecha to make the wing slam into it! You have to do this 5 times to defeat it!"
    -Brock is frustrated that he's completely useless. In battle, I mean. Although he's useless in other areas, so to speak.
    -Pikachu's first plan is to zap the bot while GirlCOTD is dangling from it. I approve of this plan, but Ash doesn't. Come on, who cares about things like "electricuting a human being?" She's an anime character, she'll be fine.
    -STARAPTOR LIVES.
    -Murkrow has to think about it for a minute, but decides to help save GirlCOTD so that BoyCOTD will stop talking to it.
    -That must be some weak metal if a couple of Murkrow pecks broke it.
    -What the hell, did that Murkrow invent Super Peck?
    -All the good guys are out of the mecha, so Pikachu is free to blast it with thousands of volts of electricity!
    -And nobody evolved. AWESOME. I mean, I know they're just COTD Pokemon we'll never see again, but come on here.
    -CROAGUNK END SCENE IN THE ENDING. HELL YES.

In some ways I love bad fillers(they're easy to make fun of!), but they're still BORING(so I end up skipping most of them because screw that noise). Oh well, I'm considering this a dump ep for all the bad writers/what have you before we get to the important episodes.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    how random is it that a giratina flies past them????
    Well, the Giratina was an illusion created by Murkrow to possibly scare Ash, Dawn and Brock away.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

This episode was just a pointless filler in my eyes!!!

A few good bits though -
    Brock gets a hug off the girl!! woo go brock
    Sudowwodo makes an appearance and battles always good to see him
    Tear Rocket were wuite cheery in this episode

I cannot believe they didn't even evolve one of them like wtf!!! is the point of the episode then!!

I could've wrote a better ending to the episode:
    When Staraptor and Murkrow were rescuing the girl character of the day Murkrow should have tried to then rescue misdreavous and realised it wasn't powerful enough then seeing this the girl cotd throws da dusk stone to murkrow where by it shall evolve into an awsome HONCHKROW free misdreavous and sen TR blasting off instead of another stupid PIKACHUI BLAST OFF!!! ;@

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    Yey! One of the best fillers in Sinnoh!
    Seriously, the only bad thing was the animation and some other stuff.
    But seriously, this was good.
    I liked it, I don't get why you didn't like it?

Murkrow is awesome and I'm sick of seeing Mismagius and Honchrow will be used more.
    So good job writers! Too bad for animation.
    You have got to be kidding me. Everything about that episode was just terrible. The animation, the plot, the lack of Giratina, the COTDs. Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Well, the Giratina was an illusion created by Murkrow to possibly scare Ash, Dawn and Brock away.
    I said I wasn't going to watch it, but seeing a pic that Brock got hugged made me want to watch it, but as soon as it played I just exited it out. This is a really bad filler episode I'm sorry.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Boring filler.

Murkrow was pretty weak, i was surprised...

4/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Not such a bad episode, but not one of my favorites however. Although, I did laugh quite a few times, mainly thanks to Brock. xD

But first off, the whole Murkrow causing bad luck, taken literaly, was epic. xD The first moment was ZOMG GIRATINA. O_O I was like, wow.... I'd run away. And then the river one made me laugh "Help! Im drowning!" xP And much more funny, Brock's words to Rhyanna "You must be an illusion of Murkrow", or something. xD Still, that was classic.

The whole thing between Rhyanna and Mitchell was interesting. Sad to see Mitchell have to train to hard with his Murkrow to get stronger. It was hurtful to see him throw those balls at Murkrow continuously. But it was nice to know that Rhyanna is looking for a Dusk Stone for her brother.

When Brock, Rhyanna and her Misdreavus found a Dusk Stone, and when Rhyanna hugged Brock, making his face Red, I could not stop laughing! XDD That was epic.

In the end, after all the Team Rocket business, and saving Misdreavus, it was a shame that we didnt see either Murkrow or Misdreavus evolve. Ah well, it wouldn't be nice if 1 or the other couldn't evolve, so meeting in between is cool.

But seriously, battles out of 10? Oh dear me. xp It's just a stone, they could look for another one.

Again, good episode. Super excited for the Love episode next week. x3

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode was a lot better than I thought it was going to be! I laughed for most of it! My favorite line is when Jessie says "A twerpette with a tude!"

Also, the pidgey mecha was freakin' sweet!

I didn't really like it that much. The animation was kinda crappy like alot of the eps. in the Diamond & Pearl series, wasn't much action and TR just gets on my nerves everytime I see them. They're way to annoying right now! Their voices are like that horrible noise when you claw on glass! Their dialogue makes me wanna plug my ears everytime they're on.

4/10 for me.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

I thought this episode was going to be all about Giratina, I was wrong. I really hate misunderstandings as they cause people to go over the wrong side. I never get how those things James was using to find dusk stones work.

I found this episode really boring and it's a shame too since Brock had more spotlight than usual in this episode. I liked Rhyanna's design but that was probably the most it exciting part of this episode for me.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 13th March 2010 at 4:42 PM.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It was a decent episode. It was funny when they were flopping around when it was really an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    I thought this episode was going to be all about Giratina, I was wrong. I really hate misunderstandings as they cause people to go over the wrong side. I never get how those things James was using to find dusk stones work.
    Not entirely sure but the minerals in the ground let of a stronger magnetic/electrical field (I forget which) and when you encounter one the minerals repel the two rods to show that the magnetic/electrical field is stronger here forcing the two rods outwards. Its a bit like a metal detector for minerals kinda.

Just for some extra information, people use these in ghost hunts as ghosts seem to disturb the magnetic/electrical field hindering with the two rods. However, it is deemed to be a load of rubbish or it is very unsuccessful.

However, the episode I found ok, not brilliant but not terrible either. I think it had a good story about sibling rivalry and the elder being supportive of the younger and yay it ended in a happy ending .
    Last edited by Orton155; 13th March 2010 at 5:46 PM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Nice Episode.

Love murkrow and misdreavus.

Kind of a boring filler. I thought Rhyanna's design was cool, but I'm tired of Misdrevious and Murkrow. The plot wasn't anything special either.

4/10
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

I liked this, but only because my name is Mitchell.

That's, like, three people with the name Mitchell.

Well, one of them was named Mitch, but still.

This episode was pretty good. Meowth's Boss Fantasy was classic as usual. I also like how red in the face Brock got when he got hugged.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Is this episode the one at noon today on YTV?
    Last edited by VincentMonferno; 13th March 2010 at 9:01 PM.

As a passionate fan, I'm really critical when it comes to Pokemon (and you all know that), but I'm not going to run this episode down as some people did.
    In fact it was pretty entertaining and even a little bit mysterious at the beginning with that creepy BGM and those illusions, especially the Giratina spell.
    Oh my god, Ash...instead of running away, why not try and catch that Giratina?...I mean after all you're the daredevil who always tries to be as courageous as possible and to catch special Pokemon.
    Ash running away doesn't match the idea of an "I'll save the day"- Ash that we're used to.

Another aspect struck me as odd: By saying that she's run out of ideas how to make her brother happy again, Rhianna more or less admitted that Mitchell had been out for quite some time. When we then saw him for the first time, it was clear that he was alone and obviously with no survival equipment of any kind.
    So my question is: How can an obviously pretty young boy who seemingly lacks of survival and Pokemon training experience survive without food, water, shelter and proper equipment??

All in all a decent episode!
    Brock wondering whether that could be Team Rocket's mecha when it was plain obvious that it was sure cracked me up!

6.5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

It was just as Filler-y and bland as the Japanese version, but at least I understood the setting and plot a little more. The episode was bland because it involved Pokemon we've seen before and a plot that seemed to have been copied from another episode. I liked that James got his chance to shine when it came to finding the Dusk Stone, but other than that, all the other characters even the COTD Mitchel and Rihanna (pop culture reference?) seemed a tad boring even for COTD.

Overall, it involved a sibling rivalry that was solved at the last minute when Mitchel's Murkrow saved Rihanna's Misdreavus. Too convenient for my tastes. A 5/10.

RARGH!! I've finally managed to pry myself off of my Xbox, so now I can come back here to do summaries.

Unfortunately, there's not much here to summarize about here. We have a Murkrow & Misdreavous, each being owned by siblings, which are pretty much their own rivals, the sister is looking for a Dusk Stone, & TR gets in the way, because they can't leave well enough alone.

So once everything is said & done, it's another day, another filler, like what most of the other people have said here.

I'm done wasting my time with this piece of #%$@.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast