View Poll Results: Which of these paranormal/mythical creatures/phenomenon do you believe in?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ghosts, Spirits, and/or Demons

8 72.73%
  • Unicorns, Pegasus, and/or Nightmares

4 36.36%
  • Bigfoot, Sasquatch, & Yeti

2 18.18%
  • Aliens and UFOs

6 54.55%
  • La Chupacabra

1 9.09%
  • Vampires and/or Werewolves

4 36.36%
  • Zombies and Ghouls

3 27.27%
  • Lake, River, and Sea Monsters

5 45.45%
  • Dragons and/or Chimera

4 36.36%
  • Merpeople or other Fish-people

4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Serebii Paranormal and Crypto-zoological Society v2 - Read First Post

Default Serebii Paranormal and Crypto-zoological Society v2 - Read First Post

Welcome to the second incarnation of the Serebii Paranormal and Crypto-zoological Society. The first one had a good run, but eventually died out, so I've made some changes that will hopefully keep activity more consistent.

This club is a place for discussion, debate, Q & A, contests, and other activity concerning Paranormal and Metaphysical Phenomenon, as well as Mythological and Magical beasts. Here's some examples of things we might discuss:
    Do you have any experience with Ghost Hunting or other Paranormal Investigation?
    What's your opinion on Bigfoot, Vampires, and Other Creature?
    Have you ever encountered Fairies/Faeries, Werewolves, or Gnomes?
    Have you ever seen a UFO, visited Crop Circle, or encountered an Extraterrestrial?
    Are you worried that Slender Man might be coming to get you?

If any of these subjects appeal, this might be the club for you. So read the Rules & Membership Guidelines, and join in the fun!

Our Society Mascot:

Rotom

Early February 2012, Rotom was chosen as our society mascot. This ghostly orange pokemon with the power to posses electronics can be associated with Poltergeists and Gremlins.

Poltergeist, a word of German origin, means noisy ghost, and is usually used to refer to an unseen spirit which moves objects and makes knocking noises. Though some theories suggest that they aren’t ghosts at all, but the physical manifestations of unknowing psychic people’s frustrations.

Gremlin, a derivative of Goblin or gremian (to vex), refers to tiny and/or spirit creatures which damage electronics. Gremlins seem to have a particular interest in aircraft, and were first reported by British WW II pilots.

Some notable pop culture sources of Poltergeist and ghost Gremlin lore include;
    Poltergeist (movies)
    Ghost Master (video game)
    Ghostbusters (movies, books, cartoons, & video games)
    The Exorcist (movie)
    Paranormal Activity (movies)
    The Grudge (movie)
    Danny Phantom (cartoon)

Club News, Events, & Contests:

2014 Oct 27:
    New club thread; time to evaluate some of the club's various aspects. First order of business, does anyone want to challenge Rotom's status as mascot?

Paranormal/Mythological World News:
    - World News will be available for 1 month, then I'll delete it to keep the section from getting too big.
    - You can also check out my Twitter, as I'm going to try and be better about posting news there.

2014 Dec 18"
    Vampire Burials, result of Cholera?

The Evolution of Zombies!

Pope Francis in Support of Exorcisms

2014 Dec 8:
    Was Comet a UFO in disguise?

2014 Nov 25:
    New Evidence in the Roswell Alien Autopsy Case

Was Life on Mars Eradicated by Nuclear Attacks?

Rules:

1) All SPPF rules are to be followed.

2) To join please follow the instructions in the Membership Guidelines, and do not make additional posts until your membership is approved.

3) Please stay on topic, the occasional relevant joke is fine, but don’t SPAM us with a hundred jokes. This is a serious thread, so please save your RPGing for another thread.

4) Discussion of Religion or Politics in any manner that is meant to harm, harass, or discredit anyone is prohibited. Mentioning that such-and-such religion/government supports the theory/belief of -blank- is fine, so long as you don’t try to use it as ammo.
    For example:
    Allowed, “Many -blanks- believe in Angels.”
    Not allowed, “Only idiots, like -blanks-, would believe in Angels.”

5) Please put large images (over 500 x 500 pixels) and excessive text into spoiler tags out of consideration for others. It is also preferable that videos be posted as properly labeled links rather than embedded.

6) Rule breakers will be given 1 to 3 warnings (depending on the severity of their misbehavior) after which they will receive a temporary ban, or in more serious cases a permanent ban.

(NEW) Membership Guidelines:
    You may become a member of this club under the following circumstances:

1) Read the rules.

2) You need to have 25 or more Serebii forum posts, to prove you’ll actually stick around.

3) Fill out and post this form in the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Request to Join
    Username:

Favorite Paranormal/Mythical Creature:

What experience, education, or expertise do you have to contribute to the club (if any)?

What Paranormal/Mythical subjects are you're interested in learning about?
    4) Wait until your membership is approved before post anything else.

5) Post at least once a month, to avoid being from the membership list, and having the embarrassment of having to sign-up again.

*Members*

Staff:
    Owner: VampirateMace

Members:
    Void Ventus
    Zorocario
    Celestial Moth
    Kiruria
    MileniaKitsune
    Vern

Banned:
    No one at the moment, so, let's keep it that way!

Club Signature Banners and Official Club Art:
    These images are intended for club member use only, and please give credit when possible (or required).

Sig Banners:
    By VampirateMace (credit not required):

Sig Badges (Inspired by Treeco’s Awesomeness’ Skeptic Badge):
    By VampirateMace (credit not required):

Sprites used (C) Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company

Last edited by VampirateMace; 19th December 2014 at 8:43 AM.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Username: celestial moth

Favorite Paranormal/Mythical Creature: I dont really pay as much attention to these particular things these days, but the theories and storys associated with " Thoth the Atlantean " are by fare to me at least are the pinnacle of all speculated things. If not only because of its implications...
    Soo in short Atlantis.

What experience, education, or expertise do you have to contribute to the club (if any)?
    I find this question kinda strange vampirate. I dont know how to answer this question without offending the beings and and landscapes that operate beyond me.. I feel as if i know a lot through my experiences with a wide range of things, some would call me a heretic, ludicrous and maybe even a cosmic criminal. I also feel as if i know nuthing at all... But iv found that being able to contribute information towards the evolution of everything is never frowned upon no matter the method of accumulation.

What Paranormal/Mythical subjects are you're interested in learning about? MY favorite at this moment would be the concepts of inter-dimensional pirates... Knowledge hounds whom have evolved beyond this reality and whom seek the deliverance of knowledge of all forms, the accumulators of the arcane.. the feared hands of divinity in which construct temples of scripts to be offered to the first from the blood and corpses of the forrever evolving few..

I just seek the highest mountain...

ps your new avatar is funny vamp hehee ^.^

PPS i wasnt sure so i sent this re-request form
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 4th November 2014 at 10:12 AM.
    Bug-Type Represent !

Because you were still on the list, you didn't need to resign-up. Though, I got to say, I'm glad you did, because your answers were illuminating. The second question was just kind of to get a general feel of your experience level; you may have taken it a bit deeper then I intended. For example, I would say I've done a lot of book/media research, have encountered spirits, been sent in to investigate claims of spirits. Inter-dimensional pirates sounds interesting, and kind of Lovecraftian if you think about it.

Thanks, I thought it was cute.

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Username: AlphaOmega7777 (soon too be Vern.)

Favorite Paranormal/Mythical Creature:

I would have to say the chinese Kirin, or Qilin.

I've done my share of research on these things, but I am not the most informed person. I prefer to do these things in my free time, which I don't exactly have a lot of.

What Paranormal/Mythical subjects are you're interested in learning about?

Mainly the mythical creatures like Dragons and Wyverns and the Pheonix (and their lore) interest me, I am not too interested in ghosts and aliens (and the like), despite believing in them.
    I have claimed Eevee.
    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the beautiful banner!

Welcome to the club! Remind me when your name change is official, okay?

Dragons and Pheonix are couple of creatures that have several variations from all over the world, so they make a pretty cool research subject.

Username: Peridomic

Favorite Paranormal/Mythical Creature: La Chupacabra

What experience, education, or expertise do you have to contribute to the club (if any)? I believe I had a run in with La Chupacabra when I was a child

What Paranormal/Mythical subjects are you're interested in learning about? All of them! The world has so many mysteries I would love to figure out how the fit into the earth's history

Sorry Peridomic, you only have 19 posts, and this club requires 25 to prove you're going to stick around the forums. Feel free to come back once you've got them.

Hi everyone! Been a while but now that I'm back I'm trying to catch up on articles as much as I can. I've been reading that one about the ufo near the sun. I've heard/read about that before and I do think that its possible for ufo to pass near the sun or even, who knows, land on it! I mean if they are much more advanced than us then I'm sure there's the possibility that they can have such technology. Of course I don't think every video/pictures of ufos near the sun are true, some could be hoaxes like how they've done for ghosts.

Also, I remember ppl talking about the ice bucket challenge on the old thread. I have heard things about it but I'll have to read the article before I comment here but before I do I just have to say I find how the whole thing seems like it came out of nowhere and ppl just do it without question kind of creepy. ._.; Tho I admit it would be no "challenge" for me with the heat here most of the time xD
    Last edited by MileniaKitsune; 15th November 2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: grammar
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Top favs:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ogical-Society

Yay, this thread is back! Although I've had problems staying active on these forums lately, I know I'd be all to glad to share my thoughts on all manner of things paranormal, and to hear about what you guys think on the subject as well.

Anyway, one thing I've been wondering about lately is the concept of summoning. This can include everything from contacting lost relatives to invoking ancient spirits or deities. All experiences I've had with it so far have been positive, and I haven't faced any feelings of hostility or experienced any nightmares because of it (though I have had a couple of instances where whoever I contacted seemed a bit uncomfortable with me). The one time recently tried to contact a couple of family members (both human and feline) who had passed away, they felt honored and welcomed and even wanted to stay with me a while. I'm not sure if I've just been lucky, or if it has something to do with being open, respectful, and well-intentioned. I say this because I've heard people say that they were hesitant about using various divination methods (the ouija board seems to be a common victim of this even though I've never used one) out of fear of inviting unwanted spirits, and heard others warn that once you interact with a spirit, it stays with you forever.

So I'm wondering if any of you had any stories or thoughts about summoning spirits or contacting the dead, especially any positives or negatives you've seen.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Contacting the dead... yeah, I tried that once. I didn't use any devices or anything, just tried to reach out with my thoughts to talk to my grandfather's brother, who is dead. Needless to say, I didn't get any response, but I felt a presence watching me for a while after that.

I believe that the dead should stay dead, that they should be allowed peace for once in their lives. Some souls may be restless, but all the yearn for is a quite rest. I haven't read a ghost story yet where the ghost was happy about his condition.
    I have claimed Eevee.
    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the beautiful banner!

Milenia - I think landing on our sun would be... very bad. I have heard theories that life could exist on the surface of a cooler star however (say a neutrino star), so I suppose with the right tech it could be possible, but the heat, gravity, and radiation would all need to be dealt with.

Summoning the dead. True, generally in our culture it's advised against; since a malevolent spirit could pose as a friendly one, or one you know. The Ouija Board is probably most commonly mentioned because it's one of the best known ways to speak to with spirits, other than medium séances, and the method involved in the Real case The Exorcist was based on. Curious, what method(s) do you use? - I don't know if lucky or respectful and good intentioned will affect odds in summoning (personally I don't do it, but have no qualms about speaking aloud to spirits that happen to be present). But I don't think a spirit necessarily stays with you forever. Generally from my research; it seems human spirits are more likely to be bound to places and things, and the spirits that bind themselves to people tend to be inhuman ones and demons.

The only human family member I can think of that I'd want to summon, probably wouldn't appreciate it.

I suppose Alpha, that's where the idea that ghost are only people who were unhappy, didn't finish something important, died suddenly, or violently, comes from. If everything was good when you died, you'd probably feel free to rest or pass on to the next form of existence.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 18th November 2014 at 8:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Milenia - I think landing on our sun would be... very bad. I have heard theories that life could exist on the surface of a cooler star however (say a neutrino star), so I suppose with the right tech it could be possible, but the heat, gravity, and radiation would all need to be dealt with.

Summoning the dead. True, generally in our culture it's advised against; since a malevolent spirit could pose as a friendly one, or one you know. The Ouija Board is probably most commonly mentioned because it's one of the best known ways to speak to with spirits, other than medium séances, and the method involved in the Real case The Exorcist was based on. Curious, what method(s) do you use? - I don't know if lucky or respectful and good intentioned will affect odds in summoning (personally I don't do it, but have no qualms about speaking aloud to spirits that happen to be present). But I don't think a spirit necessarily stays with you forever. Generally from my research; it seems human spirits are more likely to be bound to places and things, and the spirits that bind themselves to people tend to be inhuman ones and demons.

The only human family member I can think of that I'd want to summon, probably wouldn't appreciate it.

I suppose Alpha, that's where the idea that ghost are only people who were unhappy, didn't finish something important, died suddenly, or violently, comes from. If everything was good when you died, you'd probably feel free to rest or pass on to the next form of existence.
    Is it possible for the dead to contact you in a dream? I mean both my brother and mother have claimed to have had a conversation with my deceased grandfather in their sleep. Furthermore my mother has had dreams of people who were going to pass away or who passed away, For example she had a dream where she saw my grandmother and later on the day a butterfly landed on her hand, this at her job where she received a phone call notifying her of my grandmothers passing. I know that in certain pre Columbian cultures well mainly the Aztec culture they believed that ones would become a butterfly after death so perhaps that was my grandmother visiting my mom one last time. She also had a dream where she saw one of my cousins before she passed, idk my mom has always had these sort of premonitions.

As far as I know, if the dead do live on, yeah, they can visit you in dreams. There's lots of reports of people talking with dead loved one in dreams, whether it's their sprits or just a dream is hard to say, but when they receive information they shouldn't have, I'd lean towards spirits visiting. Some people think we're more receptive to spirits in our sleeping state.

Speaking of bugs possibly being vehicles for the dead, they say if a spider visits you on Halloween, it's a passed loved one checking up on you.

Edit:
    Added new News! And removed the old. It's all about the Aliens.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 26th November 2014 at 6:38 AM.

Sorry I i haven't posted here in a LONG time. I don't have a sixth sense, don't go anywhere that might seem creepy or dangerous, nor do I try to invoke good or bad spirits in any way. Now that I've said that, with this spider and butterfly talk, my mom thinks moths are probably the dead flying around. Could spirits also take on forms as moths? I ask this because a long time ago (I don't remember if it was last year or earlier this year), a moth just popped out of nowhere in my living room. It's a small house and even smaller living room, so I chased it and I think I smacked it with a broom. An hour or two later, I get ready for bed, I see it again, and it starts attacking me! I have no weapons, so I just smack it with my hand, it falls, dies, and I grab a paper towel and pick it up and throw it away in the trash. Are moths just violent A-holes, or could it possibly be like an evil spirit trying to attack me? If the latter, what consequences will I face later in life for killing a spirit that's turned into an animal?

I'm not kidding here. Was really bizarre. If it was a fly or mosquito attacking me, I wouldn't think of anything. But my mom thinks of moths as spiritual things, so I instantly went into thinking it's an evil spirit.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

@ Void Ventus: Did you have a recent name change, or were you dropped from the member list (and I should ask you to re-sign-up)?

Unless it's a Malaysian Vampire Moth, I can't see how a moth attack warrants killing the moth, rather then putting it outside. If butterflies and spiders can be spirits, I don't see why a moth can't, though it doesn't sound like it did anything particularly evil, so I wouldn't automatically conclude that it's an evil spirit... though some moths and beetles are supposed to be a sign of impending death. Usually because they have skull like patterns.

Consequences? No idea. Guilt maybe. Maybe a good chewing out from a late relative when you reach the beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    @ Void Ventus: Did you have a recent name change, or were you dropped from the member list (and I should ask you to re-sign-up)?

Unless it's a Malaysian Vampire Moth, I can't see how a moth attack warrants killing the moth, rather then putting it outside. If butterflies and spiders can be spirits, I don't see why a moth can't, though it doesn't sound like it did anything particularly evil, so I wouldn't automatically conclude that it's an evil spirit... though some moths and beetles are supposed to be a sign of impending death. Usually because they have skull like patterns.

Consequences? No idea. Guilt maybe. Maybe a good chewing out from a late relative when you reach the beyond.
    Yeah, it seems my name change request finally got through like an hour ago. It's me, SazandoraIsAwesome.

Are they called Malaysian because they are native to Malaysia, or because they look like moths from Malaysia? I'm from Hawaii, so if the former, than nah. Yeah, that was my bad. I remember having a headache that night, and the moth attacking made me even more angry, so I... Killed it. I'm sorry. I don't remember the pattern, but it was a quite a while ago, and I'm still safe.

I don't know any relatives that have died here yet. All the ones I know of are from another country. I guess I'll just write it off as a normal moth that got inside my home that attacked me. The idea of a long departed relative, whom whose face I can't even remember anymore, following me is scary.
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 29th November 2014 at 8:10 AM.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Ah, I though that might be who you were, as the avatar is the same, but I didn't want to assume.

They range from Malaysia through Asia to Southern Europe. But I think it's that the heaviest concentration is in Malaysia. Maybe, Vampire Moths is actually a range of species...

I didn't mean to imply it was death moth. Sorry, sometimes I just spew extra information because it's there in my head.

If it was a family member, I would assume they just wanted to get to know you or were watching over their family line. I suppose it could be scary if there were some notorious or violent people in your family's past though.

Edit:
    Updated the news section. Not a major update, but there it is. Also, it's now time for the monthly membership purge.

Edit II:
    Updated the news section, zombies, vampires, and exorcisms.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 19th December 2014 at 8:45 AM.

Yes, it is rather interesting how some animals often appear as spirits, or as messengers of spirits. In a similar fashion, ladybugs are believed to be messengers and even pets of the faeries.

Speaking of faeries, I recently had a situation where I saw a faery sitting inside a candle flame. It looked nondescript, like other faeries I've seen. Interestingly enough, it appeared to be using the wick, which was spread out in a jagged cup-like shape, as a chair. I even noticed that when the candle ran out of wax, the wick not only retained its shape, but the flame disappeared and reappeared several times... before I "preserved" it by transferring the flame to an incense stick. I've even been keeping the ashes of the latter and calling it "faery dust". But the incident did quite surprise me, as I didn't know faeries even liked fire...

Regarding the summoning, I was referring not only to the spirits of the dead, but also to spirits that are more mythological in nature, or even things like deities. I've been wondering this, since I've occasionally called upon such spirits before, and the second time I do so to the same spirit, they've seemed to kind of regard me as a friend, like they know I've talked to them before. I guess they're much like living people, in that sense.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Well, possibly it was an elemental. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of a fairy possibly being an elemental, though air and water are more commonly described for fairies. Then again, it might not have been strictly a fairy, but some sort of flame/flame-resistant spirit.

You seem surprised that spirits can remember. Personally, I find it kind of strange that you wouldn't expect that. Despite not having brain cells, most stories of ghosts and many about deities involve memories. I would expect that existing on another plane from us, they must have some other means of memory.
    - Transplant patients also sometimes describe new habits after receiving a transplant, which end up matching the donor's. After a heart transplant a woman woke up craving beer and chicken nuggets, though she never drank/ate either of them, but she later learned that was the donor's favorite meal. Some recipients have even described the death/murder of the donor, something they had no way of knowing (keep in mind, no brain cells were transferred), well enough to put the killer behind bars. Now, there's scientists claiming that it could be 'Cellular Memory' and maybe any cell can remember, but what if memories are more then that? What if, as some people claim, the majority of what a spirit is, is memory?