Page 163 of 248 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 6190

Thread: The Bleach Club...2.

  1. #4051
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinchuuriki Hunter View Post
    I like youkai, but I'd like it better if they're not always the bad guys in literature. There are many friendly youkai in the world, just look at Kitaro.
    In fact, there are very few youkai that actively seek people out to cause them misfortune. Most of them only attack humans in self-defense (Kyuubi Kitsune), and most don't even have a means of attack (Karakasa).


        Spoiler:- Manga:
    Kitaro is a yokai? Surely you don't mean the guy who plays the piano? o.o

    Ah, Jin, your comments never fail to make me laugh. XD

    Also something I forget before

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    “How is that even possible?”Akira Mizuhashi, Arc, asked. “Even Seijuro wasn’t that good with manipulating reishi.” He winced as mention of the dead Captain caused him to be the recipient of several harsh glares, and hastily took a cookie out of a bag he’d brought and started munching on it.
    I wouldn't be that insensitive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    “You totally forgot to tell him, didn’t you?” he asked, smirking with hidden laughter.

    “…yep.”
    Abridged from the Omaeda-Soi Fon scene.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    A black-robed man stood over his body, his blond hair flapping listlessly in the almost nonexistent breeze.
    Dramatic wind effect! How did I miss this before? XD
    Last edited by arceus03; 11th July 2011 at 1:17 PM.


  2. #4052
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    yeah, but Kida is..... how do i put it.... she is like a shaman in a certain way. her religious qualities/beliefs are unique, but there.
    either way, I see your reasoning now.
    Oddly enough my beliefs actually have a lot more of a scientific basis with a bit of magic spiritualism thrown in =]
    I just love some of the Wiccan practices and ethics ^^ not to mention their deities are often based in ancient civilisations such as the Greeks and Egyptians.

    My List:
    King - Golde
    Queen - Arceus [genderbending]
    Rook - Zameric, Kusari
    Knight - Blue, Myself
    Bishop - Dauc, ILP [get along you two]

    I would have put myself as the Rook, which I see as a rather defensive piece, but the Knight is my favourite, and like Eon said, the movement is erratic and random like me =]

    Wow, Dauc and I are actually having a reasonable discussion. WHAT HAPPENED.
    I honestly don't know, but it was a very interesting read XD

    According to Kusari, Kida is multiplying! Run for the hills! Someone tie Dauc up and leave him in the open
    *cracks knuckles* this is gunno be good, MY ARMY IS GROWING, MWUHAHA, COME MY PRETTIES!!

    And erm...I don't think a Chess bishop actually has to be Christian. Was Chess invented in Asia or India or something? I'm too lazy to check
    China has the earliest version of this game if i'm not mistaken

    @Eon: How is it that you seem to capture everyones personalities so well in your writing?
    I hope you update soonish, but don't stress yourself over it, i'm really curious as to what the "hints" are for

    Probably a pawn? I'd like to have that Queen piece. But a Queen is female. XD It's not called Queen for a reason. lol.
    Too late =P

    I appear to have missed something, can someone tell me who "Tsukishima" is?
    Last edited by Northern Lights; 11th July 2011 at 2:35 PM.

  3. #4053
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    My mother's entire side of the family is full of native German speakers. And I have a lot of relatives who still live over there. My dad has fewer, but still several. Even my last name is old German.
    ah! do you watch german soap operas? they are so violent O.o


    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Some Italian and Spanish, Russian, rough Japanese, and German. And a little bit of Swahili, but not much.
    oooh, i speak some russian, i can understand and speak mandarin but i cant read, elementary japanese, i can understand spanish perfectly but i avoid speaking it, i can speak a few african languages, and i tink i am going to take hebrew classes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Politics are for people who argue too much. And impressive. Winter survival is actually tougher, though, because anything strenuous can kill you if you sweat too much.
    meh, politics is for people who have to deal with people who have a lot of power
    winter survival.... yeah..... all i know about it is from the discovery channel.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Yeah, but can you actually apply it in practice? If you put too much or too little force behind something, you could either seriously injure the person or leave yourself open to retaliation.
    nope, i can't at all. i am like the definition of physically lazy (well, except that i like hiking and rock climbing and tennis) but other than that, i like t avoid moving as much as possible


    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    No, just your actions. Everybody else I've more or less got a good grasp of. You're a beyond-extreme extrovert, which is pretty much my exact opposite; probably explains why we butt heads over everything.
    ah....
    meh, well i am complicated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    In my case, not much of that really applies. Certain genres of music (country) have instrumental or vocal types that mess with my sensitive hearing, so I can't even enjoy them. Surprisingly, Rock/metal doesn't really do that. And the only "emo" characteristics I exhibit are having black hair (natural) and being overly quiet. And I'm only quiet because I'd be getting weird looks from everyone if I was talkative while standing at 191cm tall and covered in scars. I don't set out to make myself look akward.
    ooooh, you are 191cm? i am 199cm!

    ahhh, so you sort of pick music the way i pick favourite colours?
    I am blue-green colourblind, but i also have a habitof confusing a lot of other colours, so my favourite colour is gold because its one of the few colours that i have never mistaken

    on a more random note: i only have one scar on my entire body i absolutely almost never fall down or hurt myself or let others hurt me well that and when I was in high school people knew i have a very powerful temper and i am not to be annoyed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    And in America, we're always afraid of stepping on people's toes, so we refrain from using certain types of insults in everyday conversation. Emo is somewhat included.
    haha, in Canada, we are even more sensitive to stepping on peoples toes to the point where the biggest insult u can give any canadian is calling them racist. anyway emo isnt an insult in Canada. if emo is an insult in the states, then i do apologise, but in Canada, emos are emotional people... no insult.

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post


    Oddly enough my beliefs actually have a lot more of a scientific basis with a bit of magic spiritualism thrown in =]
    I just love some of the Wiccan practices and ethics ^^ not to mention their deities are often based in ancient civilisations such as the Greeks and Egyptians.
    yupyup. why couldnt you just be like most people who wnat an alternate religion and gone into bhuddism

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post


    My List:
    King - Golde
    Queen - Arceus [genderbending]
    Rook - Zameric, Kusari
    Knight - Blue, Myself
    Bishop - Dauc, ILP [get along you two]

    I would have put myself as the Rook, which I see as a rather defensive piece, but the Knight is my favourite, and like Eon said, the movement is erratic and random like me =]

    I like this list too

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post

    *cracks knuckles* this is gunno be good, MY ARMY IS GROWING, MWUHAHA, COME MY PRETTIES!!
    it would be nice to have two of you for when we..... ahem.... you know

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post


    Ah haha, you're giving Mayuri and Byakuya too much credit for that, I'm afraid. His shikai is powerful enough to take on Shunsui and Ukitake, what makes you think he'll lose to Mayuri and Byakuya? Plus, we haven't seen his bankai. Yet.
    you give shunsui and ukitake waaay too much credit. we havent seen them do anything amazing. we only consider them strong because their strength is constantly talked about in the animé/manga. they clearly arent the best tacticians.
    Mayuri comes prepared for a fight. he studies his enemy and all his enemy's abilities, and then comes up with a plan, and no doubt he could do that for yamamoto. i mean look at what aizen did, he ddnt even try and fight yamamoto, he created a hollow just to deal with yamamoto and it worked. plus, it also helps that worst comes t worst, mayuri stabs himself and is unable to be harmed/to harm anyone, whereas worst comes to worst for shunsui and ukitake, they die.
    Byakuya has shown himself to be notonly incredibly powerful, but a very quick thinker in a battle, and so far, he hasnt lost yet, except to Ichigo, but everyone loses to ichigo.

    Shunsui and Ukitake.... meh..... maybe when we see their bankai's, we will see their true strength.

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post


    Probably a pawn? I'd like to have that Queen piece. But a Queen is female. XD It's not called Queen for a reason. lol.



    Well. I'm going to college in, what, late August. So expect to see a lot of me until then
    gosh, what is it with people and assigning of gender roles :| a queen can be a man!

    oooh, are you going to College in Malaysia?

    malaysia...... truly asia...... || Malaysie...... vraiment asie......
    (hehe, the slogan the government of malaysia uses in canada to promose tourism)

  4. #4054
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post


    Queen - Arceus [genderbending]

    Too late =P
    lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    ooooh, you are 191cm? i am 199cm!
    Woah, this club is filled with giants. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    you give shunsui and ukitake waaay too much credit. we havent seen them do anything amazing. we only consider them strong because their strength is constantly talked about in the animé/manga. they clearly arent the best tacticians.
    Only Shunsui, I didn't list Ukitake as one of the strongest. Shunsui is just too lazy to be a tactician, and even then,     Spoiler:


    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    i mean look at what aizen did, he ddnt even try and fight yamamoto, he created a hollow just to deal with yamamoto and it worked.
    Ah. That's where our definition of 'strength' began to differ. I considered Yamamoto to be above Aizen because he himself admitted that, while you put Aizen above Yamamoto because he knew that he couldn't beat Yamamoto and came up with a strategy instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    Byakuya has shown himself to be notonly incredibly powerful, but a very quick thinker in a battle, and so far, he hasnt lost yet, except to Ichigo, but everyone loses to ichigo.
        Spoiler:


    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    gosh, what is it with people and assigning of gender roles :| a queen can be a man!
    She can? I mean, he can?

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    oooh, are you going to College in Malaysia?
    Nope. In the States. I'm going this August.

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    malaysia...... truly asia...... || Malaysie...... vraiment asie......
    (hehe, the slogan the government of malaysia uses in canada to promose tourism)
    That's the official tourism promotion motto. XD


  5. #4055
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post


    Only Shunsui, I didn't list Ukitake as one of the strongest. Shunsui is just too lazy to be a tactician, and even then,     Spoiler:




    Ah. That's where our definition of 'strength' began to differ. I considered Yamamoto to be above Aizen because he himself admitted that, while you put Aizen above Yamamoto because he knew that he couldn't beat Yamamoto and came up with a strategy instead.
    i will admit, shunsui has an incredibly powerful zanpaktou. it forces everyone shunsui fights to play a game, i think thats pretty cool. however one cant be strong based on power alone, it also has to be based on how they use their abilities.
    i fully agree, if shunsui had the tactician ability of mayuri or byakuya, he would be IMMENSLY powerful, but he doesnt, so he isnt that strong.

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post


        Spoiler:
    do you watch the anime?
    in the anime, he has fought a lot more powerful people.
        Spoiler:- .:



    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post


    Nope. In the States. I'm going this August.
    oooh!!! which one?


    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post


    That's the official tourism promotion motto. XD
    haha! its so cute and it rhymes.

  6. #4056
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    do you watch the anime?
    in the anime, he has fought a lot more powerful people.
        Spoiler:- .:
    I forgot about the Bount arc already, it's so horrible. And I don't really count the filler, because they're thought up by the animators.

        Spoiler:


    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    oooh!!! which one?

    haha! its so cute and it rhymes.
    I'll VM you. XD

    Why thanks XD

    Did I just post 5 times today? XP
    Last edited by arceus03; 11th July 2011 at 5:29 PM.


  7. #4057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C
    THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!!! it would be like a family reunion of some sort
    actually, we will all be independant adults in what? 10 years? MEET UP IN 10 YEARSSSSSSS!!!!
    Some sort.
    It would definitely be interesting, to say the least, when we've have a meetup of more than, say, 4 people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Wiccan, in a sense. I know. I never said she wasn't spiritual/religious in some form, just that she's not Christian. Bishops are practically unique to Christian faiths, so she's out as far as that is concerned. I'm purely agnostic, so I don't follow any sort of religion
    The funny thing is that I learned about Chess Bishops before I understand that Bishops were a part of Christianity XD
    Butyeah, I don't think it matters a person's actual religion if they're going to be a bishop piece or not. I always consider bishops to be... longer, thinner, long-range, archer types (which is why I considered Isshin/Ishida as Bishops).
    Quote Originally Posted by rotrum View Post
    And erm...I don't think a Chess bishop actually has to be Christian. Was Chess invented in Asia or India or something? I'm too lazy to check
    Though, obviously, we should take the info with a grain of salt, but it appears that it started in India.


    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Seemingly though, his cut would have to take time to work, so if you can defeat him before it starts working, I guess he wouldn't be much of a problem.
    So far, we haven't really seen if that is because he wanted to wait before taking effect/affect, or because that's a limitation. It could just be like Aizen, where he waits for the right time to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Probably a pawn? I'd like to have that Queen piece. But a Queen is female. XD It's not called Queen for a reason. lol.
    One could argue that:
    The King is obviously male, and the Queen is obviously female.
    Because the Pawn can become a Queen, they must be female as well.
    Because the (female) Pawn can become ANYTHING (except the King), everything else must also be female.
    Leaving the King as the only male piece.

    Quote Originally Posted by kusari View Post
    An umbrella term for monsters, not just demons.


    Yokai are Japanese monsters (ie. Yuki-onna, Kappa, Tengu, etc.)

        Spoiler:- The Yokai Thing:


    I have officially begun work upon the chess thing. The first paragraph is finished. YEAH PROGRESS!!!!!
    I'm okay with this.
    AND WOO ONE PARAGRAPH YEAAAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    w00t. This makes me crave for chess again. >.> ILPy!
    :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinchuuriki Hunter View Post
        Spoiler:- Manga:
    ...You have a point there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post

    My List:
    King - Golde
    Queen - Arceus [genderbending]
    Rook - Zameric, Kusari
    Knight - Blue, Myself
    Bishop - Dauc, ILP [get along you two]

    I would have put myself as the Rook, which I see as a rather defensive piece, but the Knight is my favourite, and like Eon said, the movement is erratic and random like me =]
    The funny part is, is that the bishops can never meet (you can put them next to each other, though), since one bishop is always on the blacks, and the other is always on the whites.
    The good thing about the rook is that it's both an offensive and defensive piece. After castling, it helps to protect the King behind 3 pawns, but at the same time can be used to check the King if the file is open. Not to mention, you can checkmate with one rook and one King, but not one bishop/knight and one King (which is why it is worth 5 points, as opposed to 3). And the staircase mate is one of the few checkmates where you're pretty much screwed once it's started.
    [/rant]
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    I appear to have missed something, can someone tell me who "Tsukishima" is?
    Villain of the new manga arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    ooooh, you are 191cm? i am 199cm!
    I'm around 160, give or take.
    Hey, I'm called Ant for a reason :3

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Woah, this club is filled with giants. XD
    It is, it really is. I'm pretty sure we have at least a handful of 6'+
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
    Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
        Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:


  8. #4058
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    GURREN LAGANN
    Posts
    536

    Default

    @kusari: the yokai idea you have is, and I'm sorry to say, something I have heard before, not the warrior part but the villain rallying yokai, it's from an online game I used to play, but anyway, It's a very good idea, I suppose you are going to use an aizen-like character as the main villain?

    I'm very interested to see what you do with this, a lot of research is going to be done for the individual creatures themselves, though two that always caught me were the possessed objects, and the nine-tailed fox (yeah, It's not just in naruto/okami)

    then another one that is pretty awesome is this cat creature that can summon a skeletal monster called the odokuro, a giant human figure made entirely out of hundreds of smaller skeletons


    expect my next chapter out.... NOW

        Spoiler:- Assault on the soul society:

    He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

        Spoiler:- image thanks:

  9. #4059
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
        Spoiler:- response to ILP:
    Actually, I'm going to have to step in and disagree with you here. Philosophy and Theology are both things that are purely conceptual, and even if you base those concepts off of logical thinking, neither of those can be synonymous with logic. Keep in mind, the groundwork of Science (and even the name 'science' itself) is intended to equal logic. I'm pretty sure we all know here that science and philosophy or theology aren't very much alike.

    Actually, based off of observations of actions that determine efficiency of said actions and such, it's possible to get a general understanding of how logical a person is. Of course, it can't always be perfectly accurate, but still, just throwing it out there.

    That makes no sense. I'm better than well over half of my grade at Writing, and while I enjoy creating ideas for the writings, I dislike the actual action. Having a natural affinity for a certain field isn't the same as liking it. :|

        Spoiler:- response to ILP:
    Well, to be fair, there are things called Advanced Placement classes here in America, which are basically the high-school way of teaching college-level classes to students without having them pay. Basically, they give us the book, pay the teachers half of what professors would probably get, and have us take the college test at the end of the year. I dunno if other countries have things like that, but with these it's possible to take college-level classes very early on. I've already taken and aced one, and I'm taking three more this year. Considering I'm not the smartest in the bunch, I'd have to say it wouldn't be impossible for ILP to be equal or greater to you.

    diplomatic skills, i can easily say i am much better than everyone i know and a lot of adults/politicians, but thats because i grew up in a very political family.
    Well, honestly, diplomacy isn't very difficult. It's basically like debating at times, and more often so than not it ends up with people attempting to find compromises. I'll admit, it does take a natural affinity for debate and calm, but anybody with good lawyer-blood could probably do it if they took a class.

    as for wilderness survival, i am pretty good: if i were dumped in the middle of a desert, or in the middle of an African forest, i am 99% sure i would survive very well. if I were dumped in the middle of American wilderness, i am 60% sure i would survive. i dont know north american plant species and animal species well. i do know African animals, plants, desert survival tactics e.t.c. because I was trained when i was younger.
    LIES. None of us would survive in the ghetto. xD

    as for life skills, yeah, i dont think there are many people who can match up to me with the possible exception of other UN kids, military kids and diplomatic kids, but even then, its just unlikely.
    You cannot measure life skills as if it's some form of standardized scale. I can guarantee that, while you definitely have life skills that a lot of us probably don't have, that even I have life skills you can't empathize with.

    and diplomacy is rarely a waste of time. if more people knew how to be diplomatic, fewer wars would occur, and fewer people would feel offended by others - and most importanty: high school would be a lot more fun for a lot more people
    I can agree with you here. A lot of people seem to think that words are meaningless, but if you think about it, when people use swears they're attempting to show stronger emotion and meaning by using words that they give power. Basically, it's their attempt at trying to intimidate people by looking strong by using these "forbidden" or "frowned-upon" words on a regular basis. It's funny though, because the more they use those words on a daily basis when there isn't a high amount of tension, the less of an indicator they become in the moments that they were intended to be used for by those people themselves. x)

    So, that slideshow is easily crazy-awesome, but I wasn't able to keep up with some of the longer captions....There were a lot of funny ones in there, gotta give props for them.

    And I totally call being a pawn in this chess thing, because pawns are always cannon fodder and that concept has always made me laugh a little.

    It is, it really is. I'm pretty sure we have at least a handful of 6'+
    I'm 6' on the dot so far, does that count? I mean, it's not that tall, but I guess compared to some even that might seem sort of lengthy.

        Spoiler:- I dunno.:
    Last edited by Soroft; 11th July 2011 at 9:11 PM.
    Ich koche Spaghetti

  10. #4060
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    Actually, I'm going to have to step in and disagree with you here. Philosophy and Theology are both things that are purely conceptual, and even if you base those concepts off of logical thinking, neither of those can be synonymous with logic. Keep in mind, the groundwork of Science (and even the name 'science' itself) is intended to equal logic. I'm pretty sure we all know here that science and philosophy or theology aren't very much alike.
    you are incorrect. Philosophy and theology are two very different subjects, and philosophy has been referred to as the mother of all sciences. Every single science is said to branch from an aspect of philosophy. i can also give evidence that philosophy improves and tests ones logic. The LSATs are known to test a person's logic. if you google the majors that perform the best on the LSATs, it is philosophy majors, maths majors and physics majors. theology is not a science, and is simply one of the non-scientific branches of philosohy (theology = the philosophy of religion). you cannot compare philosophy and theology because they need very different thinking styles.

    but in simple summary
    philosophy = logic
    theology is not
    i dont understand why you put philosophy and thepology together. people put religion and theology together, but i have never seen anyone group philosophy and theology because they are so different. no one on this planet would ever say religion is logical, and hence, neither is theology
    philosophy classes improve one s capability to think and conceptualise logically.
    evidence: scores on the LSATs and MCATs in relation to peoples majors

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    That makes no sense. I'm better than well over half of my grade at Writing, and while I enjoy creating ideas for the writings, I dislike the actual action. Having a natural affinity for a certain field isn't the same as liking it. :|
    yes. i never said that the two were synonymous. and i do stand by what i say, the reason ILP trumps me in maths is because he likes it. there are a lot of people, myself included, who can understand and pick up maths easily, but they do not like it and do it because they have to. in my case, the second i am done with a maths exam, i forget everything i just learnt. ILP enjoys maths, and as such, he may study it for fun, and utilise it in more everyday situations, and he wil proably retain what he has learnt in classes and whatnot for the sake of it hence making him more adept at it. so i fail to see your point .


    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    Well, to be fair, there are things called Advanced Placement classes here in America, which are basically the high-school way of teaching college-level classes to students without having them pay. Basically, they give us the book, pay the teachers half of what professors would probably get, and have us take the college test at the end of the year. I dunno if other countries have things like that, but with these it's possible to take college-level classes very early on. I've already taken and aced one, and I'm taking three more this year. Considering I'm not the smartest in the bunch, I'd have to say it wouldn't be impossible for ILP to be equal or greater to you.
    AP classes are a world wide thing. just like IB.
    anyway, i dont see the point you are making here either.
    it is impossible for ILP to be equal to me academically because we are at different levels. he is not doing AP, nor IB, he is following the normal academic schooling system in the UK. if he were in a different situation, could he be equal to me academically? maybe. but he isnt, so he is not equal to me academically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    Well, honestly, diplomacy isn't very difficult. It's basically like debating at times, and more often so than not it ends up with people attempting to find compromises. I'll admit, it does take a natural affinity for debate and calm, but anybody with good lawyer-blood could probably do it if they took a class.
    you must hang around really mellow people. diplomacy is very hard, even for people who base their livelihood around it. the amount of times we see a politician in the news having insulted someone or done something to ruin international, or national relations, is too much for comfort. its hard not to argue something and et your emotions get involved, its also hard not to kill someone who cant seem to see your pointof view no matter how many different ways you explain it to them


    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    LIES. None of us would survive in the ghetto. xD
    urgh.... ghetto......


    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    You cannot measure life skills as if it's some form of standardized scale. I can guarantee that, while you definitely have life skills that a lot of us probably don't have, that even I have life skills you can't empathize with.
    now, i personally dont know waht you see as life skills, but here are what i consider life skills:
    1) ability to adapt to new environments/situations
    2) knowledge on how to get ahead in whatever society
    3) street smarts
    4) ability to survive in a crisis situation
    5) ability to manipulate a situation to make it towards your advantage

    the sentence "life skills you can't empathise with" doesnt make sense to me. how can one empathise with a skill? doesnt one empathise with another's emotions or experiences?


    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    I can agree with you here. A lot of people seem to think that words are meaningless, but if you think about it, when people use swears they're attempting to show stronger emotion and meaning by using words that they give power. Basically, it's their attempt at trying to intimidate people by looking strong by using these "forbidden" or "frowned-upon" words on a regular basis. It's funny though, because the more they use those words on a daily basis when there isn't a high amount of tension, the less of an indicator they become in the moments that they were intended to be used for by those people themselves. x)
    agree


    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    I'm 6' on the dot so far, does that count? I mean, it's not that tall, but I guess compared to some even that might seem sort of lengthy.
    awwwwwwwwww

    Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    Some sort.
    It would definitely be interesting, to say the least, when we've have a meetup of more than, say, 4 people.
    i am setting my hopes higher than 4
    i am hoping for 5


    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario0708 View Post
    @kusari: the yokai idea you have is, and I'm sorry to say, something I have heard before, not the warrior part but the villain rallying yokai, it's from an online game I used to play, but anyway, It's a very good idea, I suppose you are going to use an aizen-like character as the main villain?
    xD xD xD xD
    i love you lucario <3
    xD


    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post


    I forgot about the Bount arc already, it's so horrible. And I don't really count the filler, because they're thought up by the animators.

        Spoiler:
    hm.... i see your point, you could be very correct.... Yamamoto is a tough one to predict.
    Last edited by Da14u.C; 11th July 2011 at 11:33 PM.

  11. #4061
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where my Dragon Army is...
    Posts
    466

    Default

    ...so many posts.

    Yet sadly neither the anime or manga is the cause of it.

    :/

    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.

    I don't know what to post here... :/

    The chess fic will be a fun read.

  12. #4062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    I'm 6' on the dot so far, does that count? I mean, it's not that tall, but I guess compared to some even that might seem sort of lengthy.
    Considering you're around 8 inches taller than me *Cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
        Spoiler:- I dunno.:
        Spoiler:

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    i am setting my hopes higher than 4
    i am hoping for 5
    Hmm... I wonder...
    If anyone has a world map, we can pin the locations of some of the Bleach members. I remember where most people are from, and it'd be interesting to see who would be the easiest to meet up (atm that's NL and I, because of the anime conventions. I think RG and Zam have met, correct me if I'm mistaken, and Golde and Luke are in the same state at least).


    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.

    So, say, NL, Da.c, Arc and I, because I think us four are most obviously considered the scientists.

    MC, Zam, Arc and I are the "Dynamic Quad" (since we aren't a "Dynamic Duo" anymore).

    Though Min isn't a Captain, her, Blue, Kusari and Eon are the only Captains (Min is as active as the other 3 in the group) who aren't vets.

    NL, Flash and MC (and I can't remember for the life of me if it was Kusari or Eon) all control fire to some extent (or in the case of Kusari/Eon, they did at one point).

    If I'm not mistaken, there are 715 different groups of 4 you can have, only including the captains (not Da.c, otherwise that becomes 1001). This considers "NL, Da.c, Arc and ILP" as the same group as "Da.c, Arc, Ilp and NL".
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
    Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
        Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:


  13. #4063
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rising
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    ^Both of us technically did at one point. You're probably thinking of Kusari, since it was the primary ability of his first Zanpaktou, wheras mine was just a side ability my first Bankai was capable of using.

    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.

    ^ The grammar of that topic is atrocious, btw.

    Kida, MC, Me, and Dre/Cell are the Beast Squad, since we're the only Captains with animal spirits for our Zanpaktou.

    Me, ILP, Cell, and Kusari are the Tactical Squad. Out of everyone in the club, we're the best tacticians who all get along well yes Dauc, this disincludes you.

    Although not all of them are Captains, Kusari, Golde, Arenak, and Badmanjaro all control lightning to some extent, so they're the Live Wire Squad.

    Golde, ILP/Dauc, Rotrum, and Kida are the Veteran Squad. Idk if anyone else was before ILP, so MC, Zam, Dre, Arc, ect. could also take that spot, but I know for a fact that the other three have been here the longest.

    Me, Golde, Dauc, and Cell/Kusari are the Giant Squad, because iirc we're the tallest. Idk whether Cell or Kusari is taller, though.

    Me, Kida, Kusari, and Arc are the Blue Eyes Squad, because we all have blue eyes, iirc.

    Me, Kusari, Blue, and Cell are the New Captains Squad because we're the four newest Captains.

    ...and that's all I can think of atm that ILP didn't get.

    Quote Originally Posted by ILP
    If anyone has a world map, we can pin the locations of some of the Bleach members. I remember where most people are from, and it'd be interesting to see who would be the easiest to meet up (atm that's NL and I, because of the anime conventions. I think RG and Zam have met, correct me if I'm mistaken, and Golde and Luke are in the same state at least).
    Well, iirc Kusari lives in Pennsylvania, and I live in Ohio (which is only about a three hour drive or less). iirc, MC lives in the Washington DC area, which is only about four/five, and iirc Dre lives in New York, same story. Minchan lives somewhere on the eastern seaboard too, I think. So, if I was ever not doing excessive ammounts of stuff, we could possibly manage five right there. If you count Circ (who lives like, two streets over from me), we'd have six.


    On another note: Thanks to some inspiration for my fanfic, the next chapter is half-done.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."



  14. #4064
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    you are incorrect. Philosophy and theology are two very different subjects, and philosophy has been referred to as the mother of all sciences. Every single science is said to branch from an aspect of philosophy. i can also give evidence that philosophy improves and tests ones logic. The LSATs are known to test a person's logic. if you google the majors that perform the best on the LSATs, it is philosophy majors, maths majors and physics majors. theology is not a science, and is simply one of the non-scientific branches of philosohy (theology = the philosophy of religion). you cannot compare philosophy and theology because they need very different thinking styles.

    but in simple summary
    philosophy = logic
    theology is not
    i dont understand why you put philosophy and thepology together. people put religion and theology together, but i have never seen anyone group philosophy and theology because they are so different. no one on this planet would ever say religion is logical, and hence, neither is theology
    philosophy classes improve one s capability to think and conceptualise logically.
    evidence: scores on the LSATs and MCATs in relation to peoples majors
    Theology is basically the study of religion and trying to find religious truth, Philosophy is the study of trying to find the meaning of life. Hence, they are both conceptual in trying to find an ultimate answer. While both may glean information from science/logic in order to complete that answer, neither can be remotely considered synonymous to science or logic. So you're incorrect.

    And all forms of ancient science are said to stem from the quest of finding the meaning of the world around us. However, I doubt that scientists of late have been attempting to figure out what the meaning of life is by genetically altering species and creating nuclear technologies. It's no longer finding the meaning of life, it's more of finding out more about how the world works.

    In terms, you're correct about religion being illogical at times, but then again spending your life trying to find the meaning of life is also illogical.

    I never said they do.

    yes. i never said that the two were synonymous. and i do stand by what i say, the reason ILP trumps me in maths is because he likes it. there are a lot of people, myself included, who can understand and pick up maths easily, but they do not like it and do it because they have to. in my case, the second i am done with a maths exam, i forget everything i just learnt. ILP enjoys maths, and as such, he may study it for fun, and utilise it in more everyday situations, and he wil proably retain what he has learnt in classes and whatnot for the sake of it hence making him more adept at it. so i fail to see your point .
    My point is that you were saying that he knew more about it because he liked it, not because he has a natural knack for it. Basically, you said that he knew more because he liked it and you didn't, whereas that's not a real reason. Honestly, it almost sounds a little bit like an excuse. It may not be what you meant, but it sure is what it sounded like.

    AP classes are a world wide thing. just like IB.
    anyway, i dont see the point you are making here either.
    it is impossible for ILP to be equal to me academically because we are at different levels. he is not doing AP, nor IB, he is following the normal academic schooling system in the UK. if he were in a different situation, could he be equal to me academically? maybe. but he isnt, so he is not equal to me academically.
    I wasn't talking about an academic equivelant, I was talking about an intellectual equivelant. And I had brought up AP classes because that was basically what you were describing when you said that you were taking college work at 16-17. I was backing him up by saying that since it's obvious that he has a higher intellectual capacity than I do and I'm already filling over half of my schedule with college-work, he could easily be at an equal or greater intellectual level with you.

    you must hang around really mellow people. diplomacy is very hard, even for people who base their livelihood around it. the amount of times we see a politician in the news having insulted someone or done something to ruin international, or national relations, is too much for comfort. its hard not to argue something and et your emotions get involved, its also hard not to kill someone who cant seem to see your pointof view no matter how many different ways you explain it to them
    I do, actually, and I love it. Not exactly, if one would actually learn to control their emotions and do everything calmly, it would be simple for them. I have never had a single problem debating or compromising with any of my friends or acquaintances because I simply find it easy not to get angry. I dunno if it's a good or a bad thing that I have the stress level matching a teaspoon, but it works.

    If you attempt to kill someone that doesn't see your view, then that's a little bit scary. I can somewhat understand a bit if it's a high-stakes matter, but still.

    urgh.... ghetto......
    Yes, take in all of that delicious street smell. xD

    now, i personally dont know waht you see as life skills, but here are what i consider life skills:
    1) ability to adapt to new environments/situations
    2) knowledge on how to get ahead in whatever society
    3) street smarts
    4) ability to survive in a crisis situation
    5) ability to manipulate a situation to make it towards your advantage

    the sentence "life skills you can't empathise with" doesnt make sense to me. how can one empathise with a skill? doesnt one empathise with another's emotions or experiences?
    Those aren't really life skills, those are survival skills. I think you tried to mix life lessons and that together here. :S I define 'Life Skills' and such as more of experiences, things that prove to be standpoints in your life that teach lessons you'll be able to use in the future. To empathize is a very...complex thing. Basically, it's not like you sympathize with someone, but it's like you understand that person. It's practically a better sense of understanding through an experience shared by both people. For example, if I had to jog up a hill for 5 hours non-stop, and you had to do the same, we would be able to empathize with each other because we would have both gone through the same experience.

    agree
    I know, right? There are so many odd things about the way people act. I think "The pen is mightier than the sword" fits well with this sort of concept, but if you say that in public then I don't think it would work very well. x)

    If anyone has a world map, we can pin the locations of some of the Bleach members. I remember where most people are from, and it'd be interesting to see who would be the easiest to meet up (atm that's NL and I, because of the anime conventions. I think RG and Zam have met, correct me if I'm mistaken, and Golde and Luke are in the same state at least).
    Well I definitely don't think anybody lives near me, considering I live in Iowa. Go corn.

    Why is the week just kind of boring wihle the wait for the next chapter's going on?
    Ich koche Spaghetti

  15. #4065
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    Some sort.
    It would definitely be interesting, to say the least, when we've have a meetup of more than, say, 4 people.
    Thing is, I'm very awkward socially. XD So I'd be the one staring around and saying nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    So far, we haven't really seen if that is because he wanted to wait before taking effect/affect, or because that's a limitation. It could just be like Aizen, where he waits for the right time to use it.
        Spoiler:


    Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    One could argue that:
    The King is obviously male, and the Queen is obviously female.
    Because the Pawn can become a Queen, they must be female as well.
    Because the (female) Pawn can become ANYTHING (except the King), everything else must also be female.
    Leaving the King as the only male piece.
    ...Okay, you have a point there. XD
    Or we could say the pawn is actually a sperm, and it fertilizes the ovum when it reaches the other side of the board. Therefore, you can have the Pawn to be of any gender, since the sperm carries both X and Y chromosome, and turn out to be a male/female piece...

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
        Spoiler:- I dunno.:
    Ahhh.. I don't care anymore. XD I just want to see the other shinigami. Especially Unohana. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCharizard15 View Post
    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.

    The chess fic will be a fun read.
    Sounds like an interesting topic, I'll get back to this later hopefully

    EDIT: My weird thoughts:

    I'm comparing the Club Captains with the manga Captains, by Squad
    1. First group is gender-based, and it will be Cell, NL, me and Blue. (We have the opposite gender of our counterparts from the manga)

    2. Second group is traits-based, and it's composed of MC, Eon, Rotrum and ILP. (MC and Byakuya are silent, Eon and Komamura are giants, rotruma and Hitsugaya and cold, ILP and Mayuri... you get it. XD)

    3. Third group is zanpakto-based. Golde, Flash Step, Zameric and Kusari are included, because their release command is one syllable/word while their counterparts have more than one syllable, or vice versa. (Release - Reduce all creations to ash; Burn everything - Shatter; Strike from nothing - Cry; Devour - (cbb to write the whole poem ) ). Senny and Shunsui have both long commands.

    So yeah. The left one out is Senny. Though I can't group them according to one similar factor, which would be fairer. But eh. XP

    It will.

    Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.

    So, say, NL, Da.c, Arc and I, because I think us four are most obviously considered the scientists.

    Though Min isn't a Captain, her, Blue, Kusari and Eon are the only Captains (Min is as active as the other 3 in the group) who aren't vets.

    If I'm not mistaken, there are 715 different groups of 4 you can have, only including the captains (not Da.c, otherwise that becomes 1001). This considers "NL, Da.c, Arc and ILP" as the same group as "Da.c, Arc, Ilp and NL".
    I need to rant more nonsensical stuff to fall into the same group as you

    Vets?

    That is SO you. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.

    ^ The grammar of that topic is atrocious, btw.

    Golde, ILP/Dauc, Rotrum, and Kida are the Veteran Squad. Idk if anyone else was before ILP, so MC, Zam, Dre, Arc, ect. could also take that spot, but I know for a fact that the other three have been here the longest.
    ILP joined later than me. The veterans would be Golde, NL, rotrum, Flash Step, MC and Dac. If you count only the current captains, it would be Golde, NL, rotrum and Flash Step.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Me, Golde, Dauc, and Cell/Kusari are the Giant Squad, because iirc we're the tallest. Idk whether Cell or Kusari is taller, though.
    A giant ninja! *gasp*

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Me, Kida, Kusari, and Arc are the Blue Eyes Squad, because we all have blue eyes, iirc.
    Only in fanfics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    On another note: Thanks to some inspiration for my fanfic, the next chapter is half-done.
    Woo

    ...I just noticed I had 8 similar emoticons in this post.
    ^9 now. XD
    Last edited by arceus03; 12th July 2011 at 2:45 AM.


  16. #4066
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Great question. Next?
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Me, Golde, Dauc, and Cell/Kusari are the Giant Squad, because iirc we're the tallest. Idk whether Cell or Kusari is taller, though.
    6' 1". Idk how tall Cell is though.

    Me, Kida, Kusari, and Arc are the Blue Eyes Squad, because we all have blue eyes, iirc.
    Our mascot should be a white dragon lololololol

    Well, iirc Kusari lives in Pennsylvania
    That's where I'll be going to college. I live in Illinois until mid-August.

    On another note: Thanks to some inspiration for my fanfic, the next chapter is half-done.
    Kick ***.

    Chess-fic progress: We're on the board and about to start the game. About 20% of the way there.
    Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?

    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

    Come say hello in our Chat Thread and we'll help you Get Started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary Pokemon? The choice is yours!

    We're a friendly bunch. We don't bite. What more could you want!


    ASB: Trainer Level 4 -- All Around Terrible Battler

  17. #4067
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCharizard15 View Post
    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.
    hm..... (i am totally including non-captains)
    me, Dre, Kida and PKMN trainer rex: the sexy squad
    me, ILP, kida and PKMN trainer rex: the unbeatable family
    ILP, VizardBlue, Rotrum, Lucario: the young protégées (spelling?)
    ILP, VizardBlue, me, Kida: lovers group


    Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.

    So, say, NL, Da.c, Arc and I, because I think us four are most obviously considered the scientists.

    MC, Zam, Arc and I are the "Dynamic Quad" (since we aren't a "Dynamic Duo" anymore).

    Though Min isn't a Captain, her, Blue, Kusari and Eon are the only Captains (Min is as active as the other 3 in the group) who aren't vets.

    NL, Flash and MC (and I can't remember for the life of me if it was Kusari or Eon) all control fire to some extent (or in the case of Kusari/Eon, they did at one point).

    If I'm not mistaken, there are 715 different groups of 4 you can have, only including the captains (not Da.c, otherwise that
    becomes 1001). This considers "NL, Da.c, Arc and ILP" as the same group as "Da.c, Arc, Ilp and NL".
    i like your grouping.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Me, ILP, Cell, and Kusari are the Tactical Squad. Out of everyone in the club, we're the best tacticians who all get along well yes Dauc, this disincludes you.
    no comment

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    Theology is basically the study of religion and trying to find religious truth, Philosophy is the study of trying to find the meaning of life. Hence, they are both conceptual in trying to find an ultimate answer. While both may glean information from science/logic in order to complete that answer, neither can be remotely considered synonymous to science or logic. So you're incorrect.

    And all forms of ancient science are said to stem from the quest of finding the meaning of the world around us. However, I doubt that scientists of late have been attempting to figure out what the meaning of life is by genetically altering species and creating nuclear technologies. It's no longer finding the meaning of life, it's more of finding out more about how the world works.
    quote from wiki:
    Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. [1][2] It is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.
    if you do not trust wikipedia, i can also scan and post notes from my philosophy professor online explaining the study of philosophy. hence, you are incorrect. philosophy is to do with the seeking of knowledge. one of the questions they try and answer is what is the meaning of life, but that is not the ONLY question that they try and answer, and other questions that they try and answer form complete subejct branches of their own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    My point is that you were saying that he knew more about it because he liked it, not because he has a natural knack for it. Basically, you said that he knew more because he liked it and you didn't, whereas that's not a real reason. Honestly, it almost sounds a little bit like an excuse. It may not be what you meant, but it sure is what it sounded like.
    he does know more about it because he likes it.
    liking a subject + being naturally intelligent + a natural affinity for a subject + a strong sense of curiosity makes a person extremely knowledgeable in that subject
    i can guarantee that if ILP did not like maths, he would not trump me in maths. but he does, and because of that, he does have a higher than his age level grasp on mathematical ideas and theories. and hence: he trumps me in maths. i cant see how that sounded like an excuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post

    I wasn't talking about an academic equivelant, I was talking about an intellectual equivelant. And I had brought up AP classes because that was basically what you were describing when you said that you were taking college work at 16-17. I was backing him up by saying that since it's obvious that he has a higher intellectual capacity than I do and I'm already filling over half of my schedule with college-work, he could easily be at an equal or greater intellectual level with you.
    i wasnt taking college work, i was in college.
    anyway one cannot compare intellectual equivalence unless two people went to the same school, went to the same classes, and had the same teachers, so i cant comment on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post


    I do, actually, and I love it. Not exactly, if one would actually learn to control their emotions and do everything calmly, it would be simple for them. I have never had a single problem debating or compromising with any of my friends or acquaintances because I simply find it easy not to get angry. I dunno if it's a good or a bad thing that I have the stress level matching a teaspoon, but it works.
    haha! you are pretty lucky. my parents always told me "only ugly people let teir emotions get the better of them", so when i was younger, i refused to let myself be ugly, and always had a smile on my face, no matter how irked i wa son the inside. form then on, it just became natural

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post

    If you attempt to kill someone that doesn't see your view, then that's a little bit scary. I can somewhat understand a bit if it's a high-stakes matter, but still.
    haha, but that happens a lot though i mean just once glance at the news....

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    Those aren't really life skills, those are survival skills. I think you tried to mix life lessons and that together here. :S I define 'Life Skills' and such as more of experiences, things that prove to be standpoints in your life that teach lessons you'll be able to use in the future. To empathize is a very...complex thing. Basically, it's not like you sympathize with someone, but it's like you understand that person. It's practically a better sense of understanding through an experience shared by both people. For example, if I had to jog up a hill for 5 hours non-stop, and you had to do the same, we would be able to empathize with each other because we would have both gone through the same experience.
    this is why i hate the english language. wayyyy too many culturally based definitions, and way too many words have way too many multiple meanings :| sigh :|

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post

    I know, right? There are so many odd things about the way people act. I think "The pen is mightier than the sword" fits well with this sort of concept, but if you say that in public then I don't think it would work very well. x)
    its very true! i mean even in the olden days, wars would start with letters being sent and angry words being exchanged before an actual war.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post

    Well I definitely don't think anybody lives near me, considering I live in Iowa. Go corn.
    ya'll have excellent corn

  18. #4068
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    The number make you sound like me
    Maybe. I see myself more as a business man, good with numbers in a practical way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    I vote Arc and Zam as Bishops (tricky, dangerous, useful)
    You idiot, flattery will get you nowhere. ;p
    Apparently I'm more fitting as a Rook though, according to most others. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    as for wilderness survival, i am pretty good: if i were dumped in the middle of a desert, or in the middle of an African forest, i am 99% sure i would survive very well. if I were dumped in the middle of American wilderness, i am 60% sure i would survive. i dont know north american plant species and animal species well. i do know African animals, plants, desert survival tactics e.t.c. because I was trained when i was younger.

    and diplomacy is rarely a waste of time. if more people knew how to be diplomatic, fewer wars would occur, and fewer people would feel offended by others - and most importanty: high school would be a lot more fun for a lot more people
    I'd love to see you on Survivorman with Les Stroud! ;p

    There's one major enemy to diplomacy though...politics. xD
    Oh how I loathe political correctness!

    Quote Originally Posted by rotrum View Post
    When did this become the Dauc/Eon Debates? And when was the last time something bleach related came up

    You two argue a lot.

    Some Americans wear metaphorically Steel-toed boots just to step on other people's toes, though. Especially the "gay" steel spike
    Ikr?It's like there's a cold war between the two of them. xD

    And they left me out of the fun...

    Hahaha, seems like it. And those crazy atheists you see in the media all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinchuuriki Hunter View Post
        Spoiler:- Manga:
    Lmao, that needs to become an omake in the anime! XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    ah! do you watch german soap operas? they are so violent O.o

    haha, in Canada, we are even more sensitive to stepping on peoples toes to the point where the biggest insult u can give any canadian is calling them racist. anyway emo isnt an insult in Canada. if emo is an insult in the states, then i do apologise, but in Canada, emos are emotional people... no insult.

    gosh, what is it with people and assigning of gender roles :| a queen can be a man!
    I'm sure Spanish Soap Operas are better. ;p

    Actually, that sounds quite like the US. >.>
    The emo culture has just gotten a bad rap in America.
    Words only have as much power as you give them, but the context is the part that hurts...

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCharizard15 View Post
    ...so many posts.

    Yet sadly neither the anime or manga is the cause of it.
    Have to agree with you there... >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Me, Kida, Kusari, and Arc are the Blue Eyes Squad, because we all have blue eyes, iirc.

    Well, iirc Kusari lives in Pennsylvania, and I live in Ohio (which is only about a three hour drive or less). iirc, MC lives in the Washington DC area, which is only about four/five, and iirc Dre lives in New York, same story. Minchan lives somewhere on the eastern seaboard too, I think. So, if I was ever not doing excessive ammounts of stuff, we could possibly manage five right there. If you count Circ (who lives like, two streets over from me), we'd have six.
    What, do I have a red nose or something? :/
    Arc has blue eyes?!

    Golde lives in Ohio too, iirc...
    Last edited by Zameric; 12th July 2011 at 7:32 AM.



    Please check out my 4th & 5th gen trade thread posts.

  19. #4069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    ^Both of us technically did at one point. You're probably thinking of Kusari, since it was the primary ability of his first Zanpaktou, wheras mine was just a side ability my first Bankai was capable of using.
    Ah, I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Break the Captains here into teams of four! Explain each group with a reason and tell us why you think the left over captain, is out.

    ^ The grammar of that topic is atrocious, btw.
    Which just made me realise, I only read half of the sentence lol.

    Oh, another group, Kida, RG, Cell and I are all from Europe; leaving Da.c, Senny, Emperor Giratina, Arc and Jin to be the only ones not from USA or Europe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Golde, ILP/Dauc, Rotrum, and Kida are the Veteran Squad. Idk if anyone else was before ILP, so MC, Zam, Dre, Arc, ect. could also take that spot, but I know for a fact that the other three have been here the longest.
    In order (of the current members):
    Golde, NL, Rotrum, Sharingan (who only posted a few times in this club), Jin, Da.c, Flash, MC, Arc, Luppi (who also doesn't post much...), DK (likewise), Senny (seeing a pattern...), me (C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!), The Doctor (who is off the list), Zam, RG, Sapph, then Cell. Everyone up to Senny (not including him) joined in the first year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Well, iirc Kusari lives in Pennsylvania, and I live in Ohio (which is only about a three hour drive or less). iirc, MC lives in the Washington DC area, which is only about four/five, and iirc Dre lives in New York, same story. Minchan lives somewhere on the eastern seaboard too, I think. So, if I was ever not doing excessive ammounts of stuff, we could possibly manage five right there. If you count Circ (who lives like, two streets over from me), we'd have six.
    While I think some people are going to different states for college (my knowledge of American geography is terrible), from what I know, we can have a fair amount of meet ups in America. I'll try not to say the location of people, unless they've already said it (like Kusari):
    If Kusari remains in Illinois, then he, Golde, Luke, Soroft and Blue can probably meet up;
    If Kusari is in Pennsylvania, then he can also meet up with Eon, Circ, Flash, Min, Rotrum and MC (... almost exactly like Eon said XD), though I think Da.c can probably come South for a bit;
    Sapph and Zam are only a state away;
    Jin and Arc are in the same country (as are Kida and I, who have met up twice);
    And unless I'm missing some people, that might be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    Well I definitely don't think anybody lives near me, considering I live in Iowa. Go corn.
    I count 4 people who live in states adjacent to yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    Why is the week just kind of boring wihle the wait for the next chapter's going on?
    That tends to happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Thing is, I'm very awkward socially. XD So I'd be the one staring around and saying nothing.
    You can't be worse than me Geekiness and social ineptitude are directly proportional.
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    ...Okay, you have a point there. XD
    Or we could say the pawn is actually a sperm, and it fertilizes the ovum when it reaches the other side of the board. Therefore, you can have the Pawn to be of any gender, since the sperm carries both X and Y chromosome, and turn out to be a male/female piece...
    But, again, since any Pawn can become a Queen, they all have to be X chromosomes. Unless, of course, we go into Quantum Physics, where they are both X and Y until they reach the end of the board, where it is decided what they become, and the chromosome is revealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post

    1. First group is gender-based, and it will be Cell, NL, me and Blue. (We have the opposite gender of our counterparts from the manga)

    2. Second group is traits-based, and it's composed of MC, Eon, Rotrum and ILP. (MC and Byakuya are silent, Eon and Komamura are giants, rotruma and Hitsugaya and cold, ILP and Mayuri... you get it. XD)
    I like these ones XD
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    I need to rant more nonsensical stuff to fall into the same group as you
    XP You're my twin, so you can get thrown into that group a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Vets?
    Veterans, members from the old club.
    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    That is SO you. XD
    All this talk about maths...

    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    me, ILP, kida and PKMN trainer rex: the unbeatable family
    ILP, VizardBlue, Rotrum, Lucario: the young protégées (spelling?)
    ILP, VizardBlue, me, Kida: lovers group
    I like the first two, but the last one made me d'awwww.
    Protégé for boy, protégée for girl, and presumably, protégées for a group of girls, and protégés for a group of boys/mixed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Da14u.C View Post
    liking a subject + being naturally intelligent + a natural affinity for a subject + a strong sense of curiosity makes a person extremely knowledgeable in that subject
    I am so using that when a university asks me why I want to do a maths degree.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
    Maybe. I see myself more as a business man, good with numbers in a practical way.
    xD I find the more practical something becomes, the less fun it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
    I'm sure Spanish Soap Operas are better. ;p
    Believe me when I say Indian dramas are horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
    Golde lives in Ohio too, iirc...
    I know he lives in Missouri, but I don't know where he moved for college (if he did).
    Last edited by I like Pokemon (...); 12th July 2011 at 8:48 PM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
    Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
        Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:


  20. #4070
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    GURREN LAGANN
    Posts
    536

    Default

    why is everyone ignoring me? *sob*

    anyone heard the song I'm not ready to die by avenged sevenfold? excellent song, and seems to fit nice as a theme for our little club here

    here it is

    also, almost finished with my new zan, I'll give you a small preview I did not draw this, I found it to use as a little teaser

    He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

        Spoiler:- image thanks:

  21. #4071
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where my Dragon Army is...
    Posts
    466

    Default

    ^ The grammar of that topic is atrocious, btw.
    Wanted to test how many would catch it. XD

    Topic with bad grammar...

    Arc, Dac, Flash, and myself = The Noble Squad

    NL, Eon, Ilp, and Blue = Just guess what that team would be called. XD

    Zam, Kusari, Senny,, Flash = Captains with little screen time.

  22. #4072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario0708 View Post
    why is everyone ignoring me? *sob*
    Well, there was nothing about your explanation of yokai that I needed to comment on, and I don't read your fanfic because of that crossover, and now I'm way out of loop x.x

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario0708 View Post
    anyone heard the song I'm not ready to die by avenged sevenfold? excellent song, and seems to fit nice as a theme for our little club here

    here it is

    also, almost finished with my new zan, I'll give you a small preview I did not draw this, I found it to use as a little teaser
    A theme song for the club. Boy that would be... interesting. I listened to the one you linked to, but I don't think my attention span is long enough for 7 minutes XD Unless there was fanservice, which is my justification for bollywood song spamming
    And a wolf Zan spirit, I presume? It would be interesting to say the least, how Kida and Eon react.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCharizard15 View Post
    NL, Eon, Ilp, and Blue = Just guess what that team would be called. XD
    I don't get it
    Kida, MC and Eon (though being a trio, I might be missing someone. I might be able to get away with Luppi) all had a member in their squad that became a Captain afterwards (funnily enough, Blue was a part of Eon's squad, who was a part of MC's squad).

        Spoiler:- Manga:
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
    Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
        Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:


  23. #4073
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    497

    Default

        Spoiler:- Manga 456:


    Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    xD I find the more practical something becomes, the less fun it is.

    Believe me when I say Indian dramas are horrible.
    Unless you making money... ;p

    Do they have beautiful younger women like practically every Spanish language Soap Opera? xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario0708 View Post
    why is everyone ignoring me? *sob*

    anyone heard the song I'm not ready to die by avenged sevenfold? excellent song, and seems to fit nice as a theme for our little club here

    here it is

    also, almost finished with my new zan, I'll give you a small preview I did not draw this, I found it to use as a little teaser
    Eh, I don't think that'd make a good theme for the club; it's just too death metal.
    Last edited by Zameric; 13th July 2011 at 12:46 AM.



    Please check out my 4th & 5th gen trade thread posts.

  24. #4074
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere. At the Same Time
    Posts
    534

    Default

    While we're doing theme songs for the club, I like PARADE, which is a character song for Byakuran, a chracter in a different anime. The music is cheerful and party-ish and...kinda drunken-ish So It's perfect! It's Japanese, which works with Anime. All you have to do is ignore the fact that it was designed for a different anime and that it's about world domination.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOhoEGilO8A

    And I got bored after the first 20 seconds of the other song. Sorreh

    @ILP: That CANNOT be every single member who ever joined during BCI Roman Numbers ftw!

    Can we just agree that all chess pieces are hermaphroditic?

        Spoiler:- Manga:
    !

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    I have that effect on most men for some reason. no wonder i've been feeling lesbian lately >.>

  25. #4075
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    GURREN LAGANN
    Posts
    536

    Default

    well, I always thought the song as

    Hollow Ichigo: You can't break me

    Ichigo: Crushed the fears of yesterday

    brainwashed friend: you can't save me

    Ichigo: Barriers our trust will fade

    Hollow Ichigo: I've stood in the dark been waiting all this time

    Ichigo: While I damn the dead I'm trying to survive, I'm not ready to die

    Hollow Ichigo: I'll, control the world one person at a time

    Ichigo: While I damn the dead I'm trying to survive, I'm not ready to die!

    Hollow Ichigo: I'm not ready to die

    *argument repeats*

    @ILP: the zan spirit is a wolf, but the pic is of a humanoid wolf, which has to do with bankai


    Also, preview for next chapter

    "Sir, we had reports coming in of hollows, when we sent an advanced squad to investigate, they were found dead, no wounds, and their zanpakuto were gone."

    "I believe the thing for me to say now is, trolololol I told you so."


    "I have to use a timestop and teleportation kido to get us out."

    "But Ryaku, that is forbidden!"

    "Then I suggest you close your eyes and cover your ears."


    "Bakudo number 99..."


    "How far ahead have they planned, all our defenses have been destroyed and taken out, we are losing this battle."


    "Hey Carlos, you in there?"

    "Oh, Jaku, my man, hey listen, I just finished that secret project we started."

    "What secret project?"

    "Let's just say, it'll bring the rain."


    "Power online, all systems nominal."

    "Time for a test drive."


    throw around theories as you will

    He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

        Spoiler:- image thanks:

Page 163 of 248 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •