Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 150

Thread: Mystery Dungeon Glitch Discussion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    8,566

    Default Mystery Dungeon Glitch Discussion

    Talk about glitches you've found in the MD games!
    My TSV is 1021

    If you have a matching egg, I will gladly hatch it for you. Please send me a PM with your FC, IGN, timezone/availability, and if you want a nickname.

    I am looking for people to hatch the following eggs for me:

    2895, 2653, 3711, 1622, 3548, 3208, 0848, 2682, 3404, 2844, 0801

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    956

    Default

    well i dunno if this counts but if you walk against the side of some objects, your pokes head will be above it while its suposed to be bigger than your poke
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    in red rescue team, i used a wondermail generator, and then on the only thing that appeared in tinywoods was dragonites...
    [IMG]http://i30.*******.com/2py7pfd.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/o5yu0p.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2w4bnyo.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    346

    Default

    This one I found is...weird, if you will. I'm not even sure if this counts as a glitch, but here's what I found.

    I was to retrieve a Calcium from a Stunky in the Sky Stairway for a Blissey. At the 47th floor, I encountered the Stunky. After my Charizard partner, Hanaela, defeated the Stunky, it exploded with its Aftermath. The Calcium was nowhere to be seen, and it wasn't said that I cleared the mission. So I went through the rest of the Sky Stairway and ended my day. After waking up at the Sharpedo Bluff, I thought I could take the job again, but the job disappeared from my job list, as if I cleared it! But I didn't...

    I actually found that job on the Outlaw Notice Board, I didn't use a Wondermail code to get it.

    EDIT: This was from my Explorers of Time game, by the way ^^;
    Last edited by LadyCharizard; 28th October 2009 at 1:22 PM.
    Sig pending.
        Spoiler:- Stuffs:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    159

    Default

    i can walk through walls! no action replay needed!
    FC:
    Platinum: 2750-8511-4310
    Diamond: 2878-6667-7683
    Black: 2795-0042-8085

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    grids
    Posts
    2,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toge5556 View Post
    i can walk through walls! no action replay needed!
    What pokemon are you using in the dungeon? Because some pokemon can walk through walls.

    ---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Sky
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCharizard View Post
    This one I found is...weird, if you will. I'm not even sure if this counts as a glitch, but here's what I found.

    I was to retrieve a Calcium from a Stunky in the Sky Stairway for a Blissey. At the 47th floor, I encountered the Stunky. After my Charizard partner, Hanaela, defeated the Stunky, it exploded with its Aftermath. The Calcium was nowhere to be seen, and it wasn't said that I cleared the mission. So I went through the rest of the Sky Stairway and ended my day. After waking up at the Sharpedo Bluff, I thought I could take the job again, but the job disappeared from my job list, as if I cleared it! But I didn't...

    I actually found that job on the Outlaw Notice Board, I didn't use a Wondermail code to get it.

    EDIT: This was from my Explorers of Time game, by the way ^^;
    Aftermath, along with Selfdestruct and Explosion (and their trap versions) destroy items caught in the blast. So the Calcium got blown up. The only way to beat that mission would be to not set Aftermath off.
    Life itself is that which is eternal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitaka View Post
    Aftermath, along with Selfdestruct and Explosion (and their trap versions) destroy items caught in the blast. So the Calcium got blown up. The only way to beat that mission would be to not set Aftermath off.
    And to do this, you need to bring a Pokemon with Damp as an ability, such as Quagsire.

    Anyways, this isn't really a glitch as much as it was poor placement. I stepped on a whirlwind trap thing, and got blown between two non-connected walls, and got stuck there, and had to turn off my DS to not lose the good items I had :[

    In an image..
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/2mi43nk.png[/IMG]
    sad

    [img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    13

    Default

    In Explorers of Sky, I can only evolve my player and partner for some reason. If I try anyone else, the game freezes...
    "It is delicious cake, you must eat it"

    "It is delicious trap, you mist hit it"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    philippines
    Posts
    37

    Default

    not a cheat but everyone knows that the partner and main pokemon will evolve IF YOU GET Palkia
    Wanna battle? PM me.
    White 2: 0261-8095-6956
    For Friend Safari Generation VI
    Type:Fairy, Dedenne, Jigglypuff and Clefairy
    Need: Togepi

    FC:0516-7384-3172

    PM with type, poke and FC. Semi-selective

    DWF List:
    ;

    Project: IV Breeding for MM ;Togekiss, Espeon.
    Let the (Hunger) Games begin! Got a perfect Shiny Salamence. Jelly?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaragorm View Post
    In Explorers of Sky, I can only evolve my player and partner for some reason. If I try anyone else, the game freezes...
    I also have a similar problem, except I already knew that i could not evolve my two main characters until later. The glitch that i am experiencing is that I cannot evolve a female Nidoran with out freezing the game. I tried evolving my Caterpie, and it worked, so I can evolve some pokemon. I'm going to do a little more research as to whether or not there are more types of Pokemon that trigger this glitch, and try to post additional information here to help others avoid this glitch if they should encounter it.
    signature courtesy of http://www.dragcave.net
    Click the image please, it's a link.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenluv View Post
    not a cheat but everyone knows that the partner and main pokemon will evolve IF YOU GET Palkia
    Actually, in Sky, this is untrue. I have evolved my partner, and could evolve my starter if I wanted to (stupid Moss Rock), and I still don't have Palkia recruited, nor Dialga.

    On the evolution glitch...I haven't encountered it myself, so I can't say if it works or not, but I do recall reading elsewhere where someone said that if they put the pokemon they were having issue evolving into their team before trying to evolve it, it fixed the glitch and they were able to evolve it. No idea on the veracity, but it can't hurt to try and such. Good luck.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Distortion World
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenluv View Post
    not a cheat but everyone knows that the partner and main pokemon will evolve IF YOU GET Palkia
    You doun't need to get Dialga or Palkia, you just need to beat Darkrai at Dark Crater.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, put this in your signature.
    By putting this text in my signature, I pledge to submit hundreds of thousands of votes for Ditto when the Global Link popularity poll comes to the U.S. If you intend to do this as well, please add this to your signature. In bold text. Started by Missingno. Master.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuam View Post

    Anyways, this isn't really a glitch as much as it was poor placement. I stepped on a whirlwind trap thing, and got blown between two non-connected walls, and got stuck there, and had to turn off my DS to not lose the good items I had :[

    In an image..
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/2mi43nk.png[/IMG]
    sad
    Yikes. That is sad. Dx Funny how there are so many situations where the only solution is to turn off the game without saving...
    Now, imagine you accidentally saved? :U


    I found this reeeaally wierd glitch in PMD Blue Rescue Team. I was in Lapis cave and I bumped into something quite..unusual. It was a purple Golbat mixed with an Ekans. I've never hacked (I don't like hacks >_>; ) or used any form of replay or whatever. The sprite kept switching between them both. O;O
    I decided to defeat the wierd thing, and then it said the "Ekans wants to join your team!" sorta line. I said no and it disappeared. I haven't seen one like that since... And now I regret saying no. XD

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    I don't know if this was a glitch or just a really rare occurrence, but... I got a dungeon shopkeeper Kecleon to stalk my Lanturn in EoT. A wild Weezing had used Explosion in the middle of the Kecleon shop, hurting the shopkeeper (the sprite flickered) and destroying all but two tiles and a stack of Gravelrocks. The Lanturn (under AI control) defeated the Weezing. Then the Kecleon followed the Lanturn around for the rest of that floor.

    I never ran into any more enemies, so I didn't see if it would attack with us. It was rather neat.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

    Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Distortion World
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Don't know if this was a glitch or not-
    I had a Challenge Letter from Mewtwo in Sky Stairway, then found the hidden stairs. I didn't realize next floor was when I was supposed to fight Mewtwo.

    I ended up fighting him inside the Secret Bazaar.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, put this in your signature.
    By putting this text in my signature, I pledge to submit hundreds of thousands of votes for Ditto when the Global Link popularity poll comes to the U.S. If you intend to do this as well, please add this to your signature. In bold text. Started by Missingno. Master.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between tulips and windmills.
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    I don't know if this was a glitch or just a really rare occurrence, but... I got a dungeon shopkeeper Kecleon to stalk my Lanturn in EoT. A wild Weezing had used Explosion in the middle of the Kecleon shop, hurting the shopkeeper (the sprite flickered) and destroying all but two tiles and a stack of Gravelrocks. The Lanturn (under AI control) defeated the Weezing. Then the Kecleon followed the Lanturn around for the rest of that floor.

    I never ran into any more enemies, so I didn't see if it would attack with us. It was rather neat.
    Kecleon wanted to kill you, because, for some reason, if anyone hurts him, he will attack YOU!
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

    My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

    That was one of my favorite guys

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Far away...
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    I don't know if this was a glitch or just a really rare occurrence, but... I got a dungeon shopkeeper Kecleon to stalk my Lanturn in EoT. A wild Weezing had used Explosion in the middle of the Kecleon shop, hurting the shopkeeper (the sprite flickered) and destroying all but two tiles and a stack of Gravelrocks. The Lanturn (under AI control) defeated the Weezing. Then the Kecleon followed the Lanturn around for the rest of that floor.

    I never ran into any more enemies, so I didn't see if it would attack with us. It was rather neat.
    This is actually natural.
    Things you need:
    1. An enemy pokemon
    2. A kecleon
    3. This is optional a pass scarf. (Makes it a bit easier.)
    4. If using a pass scarf don't bring partners.

    Now stand next to the Kecleon.
    When an enemy approaches equip the pass scarf.
    When the enemy attacks you, you spin around and pass the damage on.
    If it passes it to Kecleon, Kecleon will start following you, but first defeat the enemy.

    Note: DO NOT try to rob his/her store he will attack you.!


    If you think Dragonite is better than Salamence,
    then copy and paste this as your signature. (started by Serebiifreak)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a snowglobe.
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I think this happened to me once, my partner, Vulpix, was asleep, and I could switch places with it.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    On your head....
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armored Zangoose View Post
    Don't know if this was a glitch or not-
    I had a Challenge Letter from Mewtwo in Sky Stairway, then found the hidden stairs. I didn't realize next floor was when I was supposed to fight Mewtwo.

    I ended up fighting him inside the Secret Bazaar.
    Really? Cuz that is just awesome.
    << Thanks, Gladeshadow!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Greece, Athens
    Posts
    111

    Default

    It has happened to me several times, that if a Spheal is a client, when they pay me, after i have completed the job, it faces to its right! :P
    PMD Sky Team:

    Team Crystalia

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armored Zangoose View Post
    Don't know if this was a glitch or not-
    I had a Challenge Letter from Mewtwo in Sky Stairway, then found the hidden stairs. I didn't realize next floor was when I was supposed to fight Mewtwo.

    I ended up fighting him inside the Secret Bazaar.
    YES. That is epic. Did you use the spa every time you were at low health in that fight? because then you got REALLY good luck where the Secret Bazaar was that time.

    On topic, I beat a Victreebel outlaw in a monster house in Miracle Sea (?) and then continued exploring and lost, and it didn't show Magnezone giving me explorer rank points or anything! Don't know if I actually got them, or an item, but the mission got deleted from my job list. Probably not a glitch, but whatever.
    Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Progress: Missions 100%! trying for level 100 now.

    If you think that Swampert should get Slack Off, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by 5wamp3rt)

    Do not have shoddy as of right now, since my computer died and I have not redownloaded it yet. I still have my account, though, so still PM me if you want a battle, I am mudfish96.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Scizor Palace
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Not sure if it was a glitch, but I was in Temporal Spire the second time (going to recruit Dialga) and on 5F, I found a Deoxys Shadow (like the ones in MD1) in Attack Form. I beat it, and went to the next floor, 6F. I saw another, this one in Defense Form! And on 7F, the Deoxys Shadow was in Speed Form! Then I never saw any more.
    If it matters, I had the Secret Slab in my bag.
    EDIT: Oh and I was playing Darkness.
    Last edited by Scizor King; 30th November 2009 at 12:09 AM.
    I liked Scizor before Scizor was cool.
    -

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    43

    Default

    No they're supposed to appear there.

  25. #25

    Default

    I got 2 glitches, and I'm not sure why:

    I can't evolve my first Sneasel into Weaville, when I try to evolve it, the game 'freezes', I can't evolve, and I am at the level of evolution.

    I can't evolve my first Buizel, the game 'freezes.'

    And I didn't use a code cheat or anything to get those Pokemon, they just don't evolve when they should.

    however, the second sneasel I caught does evolve
    The Jigglypuff/Clefairy do evolve as I tried the moon stones
    Just upped the stats on my 2nd Buizel as I have to level that one up to evolve it.
    Has this happened to anybody, glitches like that?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •