Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Dungeon Glitch Discussion

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but when you attack/take damage/defeat a pokemon and you press R right after that, the pokemon will keep flashing, like it does before it joins you. (i'm not sure if this happens with L)

Default Glitches

I don't think this is a glitch but when you try to recruit a high level recruitment rate pokemon (EX: Swinub, Piplup, MUDKIP) when you have a o.5 chance of recruiting kekleon (AKA. You are lv.100, guildmaster rank, have golden mask and fast friend IQ) the recruitment rate seems to go negative? Because when I try to recruit a roaming legend (I WILL CATCH U DARKRAI) all pokemon never say I wanna join u! except pokemon with a negative recruitment rate *cough* kekleon *cough* Glitch?
    3DS Friend Code: 4167-4508-9378

ive had 2 glithes both with wild machoke. the first time i defeated it it flashed like 5 seconds before dissapearing. the second time he was defeated with heat wave. it showed the damage but it took like 3 seconds for him to start flashing then dissapearing even though they were both OHKO
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

i was playing red rescue team recruited every legend but mew regis celebi and jarachi i want to go to wish cave and purity forest i followed the instructions and i still didnt see ekans and medicham talking near wishcash pond my ranking is gold btw
    Aww who doesn't like James's Giant AIDS filled needle?

That is horrible yet hilairious at the same time.

[B]can i defeat the other legendaries that obtained the seven treasures in explorers of time[/I][/I][/B]

In Blue Rescue Team, I encountered a myriad of (mostly minor) glitches, these are the ones I found most interesting:

After finishing a dungeon because I fainted from trying to steal from a Kelceon shop; in the town I had a yellow shadow as if I was still in a dungeon, instead of the normal black shadow.

I was able to recruit Raquasa the first time I encountered him (during the story) and then again after the story; so I have two Raquasa's in my party, and they have the exact same walking pattern in their habitat so they always overlap and the only way to see two at a time is to make one the party leader and go back to the habitat.

Several times I have used different orbs when nothing happens at all.

I was playing Darkness and randomly walked into beach cave. The very first two pokemon that I see is a pink Phanphy and a red kabuto. I was not sure what happened to my game, but they kept flashing back & forth between the abnormal colors and regular. Until I killed the phanphy.

Another time, I was in The final maze. I met Jirachi, killed it, the went towards the stairs. Just as I reached the stairs another jirachi WALKED INTO THE ROOM. Isn't there supposed to be only one jirachi per visit?
        Spoiler:- My Sig:

my R and L button work fine for all my games...except explorers of sky.probably just a minor button glitch..

In RRT, I did a fun Easter egg. I finnished the Mt. Freeze part and gave the Mankeys 3 Chestnuts in one day. After that, in the job bulliten, I could get Smergle from Howling Forest. It was so easy! And that Easter egg was true, but that is not a bad glitch, so I call good glitches "Easter eggs".

I sometimes have a long lasting graphical problem wich makes the clouds that passaes by when your in town has big grey boxes attached to them

Btw, how do you change the pokemons under "beginning trainer"? =P

nothing like this ever happend to me lol XD

Founder Of TOTW
    War record 9/0/0
    Smogon rank 1345 (peak)
    8/8 OSL Basges
    Unbeaten on wifi
    But does it really matter.......

Whenever I use My L-Move to defeat a pokemon On time, If I hold the button, the pokemon always wants to join me O_o
    I'LL RIDE THE AIR!
    ..Even If I'm a shark.

in explorers red, i was a the shrine place with the regis, and i saw a purple hypno! when i killed it, it turned into a blue ditto and i recruited it, but a the habitat, it was just a regular ditto, not blue. WATS GOING ONNNNNNNN?
    I is teh JH
    fc is:1463 7665 3313
    oh btw if u wanna battle pm me

woot! all MY r belong to this!

badge #1

ITS SO PRETTY!

[img]http://i52.*******.com/686003.gif[/img]
    [img]http://i52.*******.com/8zitjs.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCharizard View Post
    This one I found is...weird, if you will. I'm not even sure if this counts as a glitch, but here's what I found.

I was to retrieve a Calcium from a Stunky in the Sky Stairway for a Blissey. At the 47th floor, I encountered the Stunky. After my Charizard partner, Hanaela, defeated the Stunky, it exploded with its Aftermath. The Calcium was nowhere to be seen, and it wasn't said that I cleared the mission. So I went through the rest of the Sky Stairway and ended my day. After waking up at the Sharpedo Bluff, I thought I could take the job again, but the job disappeared from my job list, as if I cleared it! But I didn't...

I actually found that job on the Outlaw Notice Board, I didn't use a Wondermail code to get it.

EDIT: This was from my Explorers of Time game, by the way ^^;
    that isn't a glitch, stunky's aftermath destroyed the calcium because it was in the blast zone. you could have tried using thief or covet when you're not holding an item

Spoiler:- Credits & FC:

And to do this, you need to bring a Pokemon with Damp as an ability, such as Quagsire.

Anyways, this isn't really a glitch as much as it was poor placement. I stepped on a whirlwind trap thing, and got blown between two non-connected walls, and got stuck there, and had to turn off my DS to not lose the good items I had :[

In an image..
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/2mi43nk.png[/IMG]
    sad
    I had the same glitch but then when i was stuck i could walk through walls but not go back in the dungeon

once somehow, i found a dungeon called for the dojo, and one called marvelous sea with only shuppets.
    as you battle, it doesnt matter what the attack is. or any stat. it matter on the friendship with your pokemon.

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

Smile My glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    I don't know if this was a glitch or just a really rare occurrence, but... I got a dungeon shopkeeper Kecleon to stalk my Lanturn in EoT. A wild Weezing had used Explosion in the middle of the Kecleon shop, hurting the shopkeeper (the sprite flickered) and destroying all but two tiles and a stack of Gravelrocks. The Lanturn (under AI control) defeated the Weezing. Then the Kecleon followed the Lanturn around for the rest of that floor.

I never ran into any more enemies, so I didn't see if it would attack with us. It was rather neat.

Well it isnt actually some kind of glitch. Kecleon "Acts" like a team member at the current floor but disappears in the next floor.

I dont actually call this a glitch but everytime I defeat a pokemon with a move with the button combination L+A, and the pokemon is defeated and i still have L pressed, it keeps repeating the blinking death animation but when i released the L button, its back to normal.
    My best pokemon at Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team : Lv 45 Lv. 76 im planning to make maximum level and take on Buried relic!
    Lv. 40 and Im Planning to make into !

I had a weird glitch on blue rescue team where a trapinch and an electrike were standing next to each other. Every second, the trapinch would turn into a brown electrike and the electrike into a green trapinch. It was awesome, but I had to kill them.

Flames

Check out my flipnotes:
    flipnote.hatena.com

Lmao! Guys! I found a glitch you can actually perform! When you KO an enemy, hold R and Down + Left during the move animation. Everything will sort of "freeze" (If the foe faints, the foe keeps flashing or if the foe took damage, the game won't play the hurt animation) until you let go. But:

1) Happened in Sky. Not sure if works with other versions
    2) Does not work all the time. Works more often when you are facing left or down left

EDIT:
    I think the buttons you hold depend on where you are facing. If you are facing left, hold R and Left. If you are facing northwest, you have to hold R and Up + Left. Again, does not work all the time.
    Last edited by PikaPika677; 18th September 2011 at 9:33 PM.

One time a dugtro keep using sucker punch on my team. The weird part, it was standing in water.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Once, I had a glitch that I accidentally used the music box and my Level went up to 1 hundred for 1 floor..... Weird.......

I think I ran into one in explorers of darkness, where I had recruited neither Dialga or Palkia and somehow evolved my starters. (a Piplup and Chimchar)

It didn't let me do anything after that however. I was stuck as a Prinplup until I defeated Darkrai.

Quote Originally Posted by Black The Zekrom View Post
    In RRT, I did a fun Easter egg. I finnished the Mt. Freeze part and gave the Mankeys 3 Chestnuts in one day. After that, in the job bulliten, I could get Smergle from Howling Forest. It was so easy! And that Easter egg was true, but that is not a bad glitch, so I call good glitches "Easter eggs".
    An Easter egg is not a glitch.

As for me, no glitches ever happened to me that I can recall.
    GAMES ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    1st Prize in Caption Contest 7/15/11
    Won a Cool Vuvuzela in Pokémon Assembler!

Currently, I have an obsession with the Litwick line's tendency for sucking souls out.
    Fan Fics Stuff!
    i love pokémon is not only on Serebii, it's now on FanFiction.net!
    Author's Profile

I can't evolve certain pokemon, my game freezes, so I have to recruit another. O.o
    +An Eevee's Tale, the Smallest of Eevees+

| Successful Trades on Serebii: 23 | 2DS Friend Code (shared DS): 4442-0034-0864 | National Pokédex Status: Complete |

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast