Thread: OU Pokemon Team

Default OU Pokemon Team

This is my team for competitive battling in the OU tier. Please rate and suggest if you want to.
    Thank you.

The Team:

The LEAD:

Pokemon: Dragonite
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
    Item: Focus Sash
    Moveset:
    - EQ
    - Dragon Claw
    - Ice Punch
    - Dragon Dance

This is very simple. Dragonite goes in the first turn and Dragon Dances to rise its sweeping abilities. Earthquake eliminates Electivire, Infernape, Jolteon (and even Arcanine). Dragon Claw gets rid of other Dragonites (and sometimes Salamences holding Yache berries) while Ice Punch makes Togekiss, Gliscor, Yanmega, Aerodactyl and Roserade tremble with fear.

The REVENGE KILLER

Pokemon: Weavile
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Sp. Def
    Item: Focus Sash
    Moveset:
    - Ice Shard
    - Brick Break
    - Night Slash
    - Swords Dance

Just as Dragonite, Weavile Sword Dances to sweep, however I use less frequently this move than Dragon Dance with Dragonite. Ice Shard is quite weak, but gets STAB to eliminate mainly Boosting Ninjask/Yanmega and the famous Scarfed Latias. Brick Break hits hard on Heatran, Scizor, Tyranitar, Blissey, Umbreon and Snorlax, while Night Slash gets Alakazam, Dusknoir and Starmie.

The SPECIAL LEAD:

Pokemon: Gengar
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 252 Sp. Att/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
    Item: Choice Specs/Scarf
    Moveset:
    - Phychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunder Bolt
    - Dark Pulse

Gengar is my main special sweeper. Phychic keeps away Roserade and Heracross. Dark Pulse devastates Dusknoir and other Gengars. Shadow Ball does the same as Dark Pulse, but it has STAB. However, Shadow Ball doesn't hit Snorlax (mainly). Thunderbolt is to eliminate Gyarados, Empoleon, and Skarmory, as well as other bulky water.

The SPECIAL REVENGER:

Pokemon: Lucario
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 252 Sp. Attk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Def
    Item: Life Orb
    Moveset:
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Phychic

Lucario comes in when Gengar faints. His Aura Sphere KOes Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Mamoswine, Rhyperior, Weavile and Porygon-Z. Dragon Pulse covers Kingdra, Salamence, Dragonite and sometimes Latias. You know what Dark Pulse and Phychic cover.

The TANK

Pokemon: Umbreon
    Nature: Calm
    EV's: 252 Sp. Def/ 252 Def/ 6 HP
    Item: Leftovers
    Moveset:
    - Moonlight
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Toxic/Confuse Ray/Taunt

The tank has arriven. Umbreon has an great special defence and an acceptable defence. Since I won't easily get KO'ed, I will use Substitute to place a decoy. Moonlight makes recover from great damage or from substitute pain. I can't decide between Toxic, Confuse Ray or Taunt. Toxic will help me against other tanks as well as sweepers. Confuse Ray just for stalling, but Taunt would cause Dusknoir and Blissey a wreck. Taunt also would block Curse-lax.

The OFFENSIVE WALL:

Pokemon: Metagross
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Attack/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp. Def
    Item: Choice Band/Shuca Berry
    Moveset:
    - Bullet Punch
    - Meteor Mash
    - EQ
    - Explosion

Metagross is the last resort. Meteor Mash will mainly fend off Tyranitar and Abomasnow. Bullet Punch is used against quicker foes. Earthquake says it all. It eliminates Jolteon, Electivire, Typhlosion and even the UU Magmortar. Explosion is used as last choice to blow off the enemy and dragons.
    Last edited by Pearl Parukia; 28th October 2009 at 5:21 AM. Reason: Mispelling
    Name: Jonux
    Platinum FC: 4426-2005-7244

K I'll do a quickie

Your D-Nite is basically an inferior Salamence considering you are not running Extremespeed. I'm gonna recommend you put Trick Metagross at the lead position. It will give you a way to deal with setup sweepers and someone to lay down Stealth Rock.

Metagross@Choice Scarf
    Clear Body
    Jolly
    252Att/252Spe/4SpD

Trick
    Meteor Mash
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock

And DD Mence.

Salamence@Life Orb
    Intimidate
    Jolly
    252Att/252Spe/4Hp

Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw/Outrage
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake

Team is kinda SD Scizor weak but that can be played around. Overall it looks like it can hold it's own. Good Job.