Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 77

Thread: Sticking with Who You Know (617)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,939

    Default Sticking with Who You Know (617)

    Keep Pikachu & Piplup Apart!

    After leaving a Pokémon Centre, Pikachu & Piplup start to act strangely and begin showing uncontrollable affection for eachother, despite their same gender. After failing to seperate them, they return to the Pokémon Centre to find that it is happening to others. However, they soon find that Team Rocket is partially behind this situation. Will they be able to stop it from occuring?

    Visit The Episode Guide

    Discuss
    Last edited by Geodude; 12th December 2009 at 3:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,370

    Default

    If the writers have no problem gaying up Pikachu and Piplup for an episode, the future of Appealshipping looks bright.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

    Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

    As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    May I remind people you CANNOT POST IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE!

    In any case, Arcanine, it was confirmed long ago for both of their genders, and I've reported you, Wolvesarefunny for random spam.

    The episode was...boring. I didn't enjoy it that much. Interesting choice of plot, I suppose, but I think it could have been more...exciting. I suppose it's because I'm waiting for the next few episodes, so this became slightly lacklustre for me.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ayase, Japan
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    The episode was...boring. I didn't enjoy it that much. Interesting choice of plot, I suppose, but I think it could have been more...exciting. I suppose it's because I'm waiting for the next few episodes, so this became slightly lacklustre for me.

    Iota
    You are not the only one who felt that way.
    Episode was awfully "quiet" and nothing much was going on.

    Almost half amount of the episode was spent on Pokemon Center...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Basically same piece of crap filler we got last week. 3/4 of the episode consisted of that shot Serebii used - Pikachu/Piplup +loving eyes. That got old after 30 seconds...

    The 1/4 remaining was the usual TR stealing something, Pikachu/Piplup blasting them off.

    DP148 and DP149 competes with that Chingling episode and "Cooking up a Sweet Story" of being the worst episode of the D/P saga. Just ridiculous.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Yep, this wasn't that much of a interesting episode at all. The whole majority of the episode being of Pikachu and Piplup's strange attraction over each other, hugging and hearts in eyes. It also happened to other Pokemon too, but it mostly consisted over Pikachu/Piplup and Ash and Hikari/Dawn trying to pull them away. Good thing the next episodes are going to be better than what this was.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    This is episode was completely and utterly terrible if you ask me

    I think they took it easy while making this episode to prep themselves up for the Galactic arc

    They've already proved what gender piplup and pikachu were in the togepi episode so yes this is one of the very dp episodes that has nothing of the slightest relevance to it


    Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!


    I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,510

    Default

    Yeah they've been airing horrible episodes just to piss people off.

    I found this one to be worse than last weeks episode for many reasons. The first being that Pikachu was infatuated with Piplup and vice versa.

    Need I say more?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,759

    Default

    I was excited for this episode, but it turned out to be a letdown. Barely anything happens...figures.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,281

    Default

    Oh well, there's always next week. And next week will be amazing !!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,874

    Default

    Apparently the idea was to make two terrible episodes right before the Galactic finale.

    I guess its their way of making the Galactic finale seem better? lol.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shamouti Shrine
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Apparently the idea was to make two terrible episodes right before the Galactic finale.

    I guess its their way of making the Galactic finale seem better? lol.
    Yeah I doubt there's any other sane explanation to THIS. Lol. The love machine was just, um... a mistake. :<
    I mean the episode was only saved from a rating of 1/10 when Ash used Staraptor and all. Also from the actions of Quagsire and Magnemite. Anyhow for me this episode was a mere 5/10.

    Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

    PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

    [14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish


    *** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    I hope you guys know that they weren't really in love but were just attracted to each other like magnets.
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Apparently the idea was to make two terrible episodes right before the Galactic finale.
    Amen.

    Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I hope you guys know that they weren't really in love but were just attracted to each other like magnets.
    Attraction, infatuation, whichever floats your boat.

    It looked pretty serious, especially with the music and all.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    brazil
    Posts
    14

    Default

    if the machine attracts water and electrics pokemon, why dont ash`s buizel fell in love too?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,234

    Default

    Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup
    I was just waiting to see those 2 pop out their pokeballs but unfourtnately they didn't.....
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup
    I agree.

    You know the more I watch this episode, the more I'm beginning to like it. It's funny in a pathetic kind of way. The romantic music is funny.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,933

    Default

    -Look guys! A Generic Filler Town of Woe!
    -I'm impressed that Croagunk let Brock hit on Nurse Joy for that long. Meanwhile, Ash ignores Brock's suffering and goes out to train.
    -Piplup trips and falls on Pikachu, who apparently has a "send out a wave of electricity if something falls on you" reflex. Pipilup is understandably kinda pissed that Pikachu has no self-control.
    -Suddenly, the universe decides to follow shipper logic and have Piplup fall in love with the one it's arguing with! (and Pikachu responds in kind) the joke here is that shippers are inheritantly illogical, therefore "shipper logic" is an oxymoron
    -The humans seem mildly confused that Pikachu and Piplup are now madly in lust with each other.
    -You can tell that this is a science laboratory because of the random Erlenmeyer flasks, beakers, pipettes, test tubes some sort of loopy thing that probably has one specific use, and a terribly labeled jar that conveys no information about the chemical other than "it's probably bad. See? SKULL AND CROSSBONES.", all of which are full of random colorful liquids. I HAVE TWO LAB CLASSES EVERY WEEK, SO THIS SIMPLIFICATION OF WHAT SCIENCE LOOKS LIKE MAKES ME ANGRY.
    -Honestly people, where is your Personal Protective Equipment? Do I need to show you the cheesy video from the 70s I've had to watch in all three chemistry classes I've had since starting college?
    -I like how one of the generic machines in the background appears to be taken straight from one of the generic machine sprites in the games.
    -...what the hell is James wearing on his head, anyway?
    -Quagsire VS Magnemite staredown? AWESOME!
    -Meanwhile, Ash and Dawn continue to be strikingly unconcerned about Pikachu and Piplup's sudden love affair. I mean, only the absolute worst fanfiction would have love happen THAT QUICKLY, so surely they must suspect SOMETHING bad is happening?
    -I love how the animation completely fails to convey that Ash and Dawn are struggling to pull Pikachu and Piplup appart, so they have to add a lot of zany "we're trying but failing!" noises.
    -Please insert your own canned joke about how it's physically impossible for Piplup to be in a Pokeball here.
    -Brock makes what I can only assume is a cheesy magnetism pun.
    -Watching Ash and Dawn struggle to pull PikaPlup apart would be more entertaining if it looked like they were actually TRYING.
    -Good lord kids, just pick PikaPlup up as a unit and carry it to the Pokemon Center or something.
    -...oh hey! They decided to do that! Awesome, I can predict what will happen in a repetitive children's show!
    -Meowth has evil plans for Pikaplup. I'm sure he knows all about Pokemon acting strangely towards other species, since his daydreams are filled with (EDITOR'S NOTE:Foul ideas removed to protect the innocent)
    -Seriously, what the hell IS that on James' head? The worst bandana ever? A napkin? A bizarre hat? I MUST KNOW.
    -They just HAD to throw an Octillery among the electric-water Pokemon relations, didn't they? Also:JOHTOJOHTOJOHTO(Kanto Starter)JOHTO(Shinou Pokemon that never got much of an episode)
    -I think that thing on James' head is, in fact, the worst bandana ever.
    -Clearly the animators spent too much time making TR have interesting expressions instead of having Dawn/Ash/Brock react interestingly to PikaPlup's love affair.
    -As a Ground Type, Quagsire clearly had no reason to dodge Magnemite's Something-Or-Other-Electric-Attack other than pure spite for the people behind it.
    -Is there some reason why Professor Science's Love Machine has to broadcast a signal all over the damn place instead of an area that just affects, you know, his Quagsire and Magnemite?
    -Nurse Joy finally figures that it'd be a good idea to visit the reckless scientist whose lab is just uphill from the Pokemon center. I imagine that the other, more probable, suspects she had to eliminate first included the mailman, Officer Jenny, a blade of grass, and one of her Chansey assistants.
    -Come to think of it, all the Pokemon affected by the signal are PURE water type and PURE electric type...that's totally the one factor throwing off Prof. Science's machine, isn't it?
    -I like how Ash gets angry at Team Rocket when they, you know, haven't done anything wrong. (I suppose its technically "haven't done anything wrong yet", but going by this logic, Ash should have Pikachu blast off any person he comes across with red or purple hair.)
    -TR steals the love machine, because...uh...actually, seeing as this is Not Japan, there are probably a lot of Not Japanese who would really like a machine that makes electric types and water types fall madly in love. Finally, TR can break out of the cycle of poverty!
    -Oh god it's going to turn out that their trainer being in danger was all that was needed to bring Quagsire and Magnemite together, isn't it?
    -I was right. Goddammit.
    -Pikachu and Piplup are way too happy for still being on TR's balloon.
    -Then again, TR didn't even try to stop Staraptor(it's been existing a lot lately. Place your bets on it making an appearance in the Sunyshore gym battle NOW!) from getting Pikachu and Piplup back.
    -And now I'm sure that Professor Science learned an important lesson about something.

    (plz rate & comment or else Ill stop riting nu chapters!)


    Really, this episode seemed dangerously close to something a mediocre-bordering-on-bad fanfiction writer would churn out. The main difference being that the fanfic writer would have had Ash and Dawn kiss at the end.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Under A Serpent Sun
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup
    I would've loved to have seen this along with PikachuXPiplup.

    Think about it:

    Ash and Dawn are doing double-battle training with Pikachu/Buizel, Piplup/Pachirisu and then... well, you know what would happen next.

    That probably would've made me like Buizel and this episode a lot more!

    But, yeah, kind of a boring episode when you get right down to it.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)


    Claimed by me!

    Mega Wishlist:

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Like many others have said already, this was fail.

    It had the chance to be a hilarious episode, but somehow, the staff managed to botch this one so much that only the instant when Pikachu and Piplup threw themselves at each other for the first time was funny - and that instant lasted about ten seconds.

    Firstly, Shimura's seriously starting to slack off again with most characters - especially the main trio - looking extremely sloppily-drawn.

    What was far worse, though, was the terribly lame script.
    The group's reaction to the sudden attraction between Pikachu and Piplup wasn't even remotely amusing. Potential exaggerated, anime-style expressions of gobsmacked-ness had to clear the way for the ever-so-redundant, standard reactions of surprise, slight shock and worry. Wow, hilarious. Pikachu and Piplup could've collapsed with a fever and it wouldn't have made a difference.

    It didn't get any better when Professor Kodama turned out to be a boring-as-cardboard researcher with little spark. I don't care how many people are annoyed with the crazy professor stereotype - it would've certainly fit in better than another personification of "I-had-good-intentions-but-it-didn't-work-out-the-way-it-was-supposed-to" that would ultimately be met with understanding from everyone.

    Also, everything reeked of wasted opportunities to spice up the craziness even more. Buizel somehow getting involved and throwing itself at Pikachu as well, creating an awkward triangle; war ensues. Buneary appearing and being mortified at the indecent display of a not-so-endearing Pikachu.

    The entire story had too much analytics and too little WTF. If they want to do a fun plot of this caliber, they can't just rely on a single core idea carrying the entire episode by itself and continually getting laughs. It needs chaos and chain reactions of funny occurrences - it almost seemed to me as if they were afraid of not making sense in the end, but isn't that a pretty trivial thing to worry about in a crackpot story?

    Anyway, as a result, everything and everyone in this episode was way too matter-of-fact and insistent on giving explanations. Who on earth cares about the why? This is crack. Crack doesn't need justifications. Crack should plow its way through the plot with its buddies, screwball comedy and meaningless hurly-burly, without giving a damn about boring things like reason.

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

  22. #22

    Default

    I realize an above post says I shouldn't comment on this episode if I haven't already seen it. But I'd like to take this brief moment to say this:

    what

    the

    f***ing

    hell

    is this.

    Everything. And I mean everything wrong with the Pokemon anime and anime in general is encapsulated in this f**king s**tstorm.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/348kmmt.png[/img]
    Signature made by Malesretmit12 of NintenKingdom.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Boring episode was boring. The fact that I was able to see the first and last parts and not miss a single important thing is depressing.

    While I do agree with an above poster that things would have been more interesting had Buizel been thrown into the mix, resulting in a love pyramid or something, I disagree that what the episode needed was a bunch of tomfoolery. I think it would've gone very well to look into the individual characters of some Pokemon (how would Buizel act when he's in love, even when that love is caused by an outside force?) You can be entertaining and make sense at the same time.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Easterly Town
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Pikachu and Piplup hugging the first time was funny, but it got old after that.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Damn...when Sushi speaks...hahaha

    This was another one of those episodes that you really don't need to see (dubbed) to get an idea of what's going on. Unfortunately just seeing the pics was more than enough for me to dislike this episode. I would love to have some of whatever the creators of this episode are on/smoking/injecting/sniffing because I don't think I'd ever get off that high.

    So I guess I was partially right. Did the scientist make this machine just to make his Magnemite and Quagsire get along better? That why it only seemed to affect Electric types and Water types?

    The only good thing about the episode, or should I say cute, was the pic of Marill and Luxio.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •