Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sticking with Who You Know (617)

Default Sticking with Who You Know (617)

Keep Pikachu & Piplup Apart!

After leaving a Pokémon Centre, Pikachu & Piplup start to act strangely and begin showing uncontrollable affection for eachother, despite their same gender. After failing to seperate them, they return to the Pokémon Centre to find that it is happening to others. However, they soon find that Team Rocket is partially behind this situation. Will they be able to stop it from occuring?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Geodude; 12th December 2009 at 3:01 PM.

I LOLed when cheesy classical romatic music came out whenever Pikachu and Pochama were hugging. XD

If the writers have no problem gaying up Pikachu and Piplup for an episode, the future of Appealshipping looks bright.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

May I remind people you CANNOT POST IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE!

In any case, Arcanine, it was confirmed long ago for both of their genders, and I've reported you, Wolvesarefunny for random spam.

The episode was...boring. I didn't enjoy it that much. Interesting choice of plot, I suppose, but I think it could have been more...exciting. I suppose it's because I'm waiting for the next few episodes, so this became slightly lacklustre for me.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    The episode was...boring. I didn't enjoy it that much. Interesting choice of plot, I suppose, but I think it could have been more...exciting. I suppose it's because I'm waiting for the next few episodes, so this became slightly lacklustre for me.

Iota
    You are not the only one who felt that way.
    Episode was awfully "quiet" and nothing much was going on.

Almost half amount of the episode was spent on Pokemon Center...

Basically same piece of crap filler we got last week. 3/4 of the episode consisted of that shot Serebii used - Pikachu/Piplup +loving eyes. That got old after 30 seconds...

The 1/4 remaining was the usual TR stealing something, Pikachu/Piplup blasting them off.

DP148 and DP149 competes with that Chingling episode and "Cooking up a Sweet Story" of being the worst episode of the D/P saga. Just ridiculous.

Yep, this wasn't that much of a interesting episode at all. The whole majority of the episode being of Pikachu and Piplup's strange attraction over each other, hugging and hearts in eyes. It also happened to other Pokemon too, but it mostly consisted over Pikachu/Piplup and Ash and Hikari/Dawn trying to pull them away. Good thing the next episodes are going to be better than what this was.

This is episode was completely and utterly terrible if you ask me

I think they took it easy while making this episode to prep themselves up for the Galactic arc

They've already proved what gender piplup and pikachu were in the togepi episode so yes this is one of the very dp episodes that has nothing of the slightest relevance to it

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Yeah they've been airing horrible episodes just to piss people off.

I found this one to be worse than last weeks episode for many reasons. The first being that Pikachu was infatuated with Piplup and vice versa.

Need I say more?

I was excited for this episode, but it turned out to be a letdown. Barely anything happens...figures.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Oh well, there's always next week. And next week will be amazing !!!

Apparently the idea was to make two terrible episodes right before the Galactic finale.

I guess its their way of making the Galactic finale seem better? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Apparently the idea was to make two terrible episodes right before the Galactic finale.

I guess its their way of making the Galactic finale seem better? lol.
    Yeah I doubt there's any other sane explanation to THIS. Lol. The love machine was just, um... a mistake. :<
    I mean the episode was only saved from a rating of 1/10 when Ash used Staraptor and all. Also from the actions of Quagsire and Magnemite. Anyhow for me this episode was a mere 5/10.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I hope you guys know that they weren't really in love but were just attracted to each other like magnets.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

if the machine attracts water and electrics pokemon, why dont ash`s buizel fell in love too?

Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I hope you guys know that they weren't really in love but were just attracted to each other like magnets.
    Attraction, infatuation, whichever floats your boat.

It looked pretty serious, especially with the music and all.

Like many others have said already, this was fail.

It had the chance to be a hilarious episode, but somehow, the staff managed to botch this one so much that only the instant when Pikachu and Piplup threw themselves at each other for the first time was funny - and that instant lasted about ten seconds.

Firstly, Shimura's seriously starting to slack off again with most characters - especially the main trio - looking extremely sloppily-drawn.

What was far worse, though, was the terribly lame script.
    The group's reaction to the sudden attraction between Pikachu and Piplup wasn't even remotely amusing. Potential exaggerated, anime-style expressions of gobsmacked-ness had to clear the way for the ever-so-redundant, standard reactions of surprise, slight shock and worry. Wow, hilarious. Pikachu and Piplup could've collapsed with a fever and it wouldn't have made a difference.

It didn't get any better when Professor Kodama turned out to be a boring-as-cardboard researcher with little spark. I don't care how many people are annoyed with the crazy professor stereotype - it would've certainly fit in better than another personification of "I-had-good-intentions-but-it-didn't-work-out-the-way-it-was-supposed-to" that would ultimately be met with understanding from everyone.

Also, everything reeked of wasted opportunities to spice up the craziness even more. Buizel somehow getting involved and throwing itself at Pikachu as well, creating an awkward triangle; war ensues. Buneary appearing and being mortified at the indecent display of a not-so-endearing Pikachu.

The entire story had too much analytics and too little WTF. If they want to do a fun plot of this caliber, they can't just rely on a single core idea carrying the entire episode by itself and continually getting laughs. It needs chaos and chain reactions of funny occurrences - it almost seemed to me as if they were afraid of not making sense in the end, but isn't that a pretty trivial thing to worry about in a crackpot story?

Anyway, as a result, everything and everyone in this episode was way too matter-of-fact and insistent on giving explanations. Who on earth cares about the why? This is crack. Crack doesn't need justifications. Crack should plow its way through the plot with its buddies, screwball comedy and meaningless hurly-burly, without giving a damn about boring things like reason.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I realize an above post says I shouldn't comment on this episode if I haven't already seen it. But I'd like to take this brief moment to say this:

what

the

f***ing

hell

is this.

Everything. And I mean everything wrong with the Pokemon anime and anime in general is encapsulated in this f**king s**tstorm.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/348kmmt.png[/img]
    Signature made by Malesretmit12 of NintenKingdom.

Boring episode was boring. The fact that I was able to see the first and last parts and not miss a single important thing is depressing.

While I do agree with an above poster that things would have been more interesting had Buizel been thrown into the mix, resulting in a love pyramid or something, I disagree that what the episode needed was a bunch of tomfoolery. I think it would've gone very well to look into the individual characters of some Pokemon (how would Buizel act when he's in love, even when that love is caused by an outside force?) You can be entertaining and make sense at the same time.

Damn...when Sushi speaks...hahaha

This was another one of those episodes that you really don't need to see (dubbed) to get an idea of what's going on. Unfortunately just seeing the pics was more than enough for me to dislike this episode. I would love to have some of whatever the creators of this episode are on/smoking/injecting/sniffing because I don't think I'd ever get off that high.

So I guess I was partially right. Did the scientist make this machine just to make his Magnemite and Quagsire get along better? That why it only seemed to affect Electric types and Water types?

The only good thing about the episode, or should I say cute, was the pic of Marill and Luxio.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I admit I did find Pikachu/Piplup hugging with hearts in their eyes to be amusing, but you can't write a 22 minute episode about that and fail on making it funny, which they did.

Eh, its not like Pokemon hasn't had tons of throw-away fillers before. Just another one to add to the pile.

Haha Sushi summed up all the things they could do to make it amusing.

I got to say, it would be pretty scary if you saw so many people(or pokemon) with heart eyes, hugging each other like zombies. I would be terrified.

One brave soul should watch the show from the beginning and make a post to list all the definitive, unquestionable pokemon fillers that are just a waste of time since the first episode to this day, that would be good!
    Last edited by NES; 30th October 2009 at 8:17 AM.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

^_^; Hi again, everyone. I do apologise for posting before when I hadn't seen the episode. I neglected to read the specific rules for episode discussions, and I'm sorry.
    Moving right along, I have seen the episode now, and I rather enjoyed it. I'd certainly say that it's an episode worth watching at least once, if only for the lulz.
    I probably wouldn't want to watch it again though, except maybe when it's dubbed. I reckon it may be even more amusing when I understand fully what the characters are saying, not to mention the fact that I really want to know what Brock's umbrella show meant XD

Would I be right in thinking that the guy created the machine so that Quagsire & Magnemite would get along, but because they were dual types it didn't affect them?

I really loved the ridiculously romantic music that played when Pochama and Pikachu were snuggling. That was really adorable, and I hope the dubbers keep it in! =3

Well, I found it amusing and fun, and I hope the next few episodes are awesome like everyone says they should be! ^_^

xX
        Spoiler:- Shipping Claims::

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    This was another one of those episodes that you really don't need to see (dubbed) to get an idea of what's going on. Unfortunately just seeing the pics was more than enough for me to dislike this episode. I would love to have some of whatever the creators of this episode are on/smoking/injecting/sniffing because I don't think I'd ever get off that high.
    I'm still seeing it anyways. Hell, I'm watching it right now in Japanese because I found a source. Eh, it's alright. I don't entirely get what's going on, but it seems to only enhance the... comedy? Even I'm pulling "wft" every now and again here.

So I guess I was partially right. Did the scientist make this machine just to make his Magnemite and Quagsire get along better? That why it only seemed to affect Electric types and Water types?
    Heh, I didn't catch that. That explains quite a bit actually.

The only good thing about the episode, or should I say cute, was the pic of Marill and Luxio.
    Pretty much.

<C_L>

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast