Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sticking with Who You Know (617)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup
    I was just waiting to see those 2 pop out their pokeballs but unfourtnately they didn't.....
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Because Ash didn't let it out of it's ball. I'd much rather have seen BuizelXPachirisu then PikachuXPiplup
    I agree.

You know the more I watch this episode, the more I'm beginning to like it. It's funny in a pathetic kind of way. The romantic music is funny.

-Look guys! A Generic Filler Town of Woe!
    -I'm impressed that Croagunk let Brock hit on Nurse Joy for that long. Meanwhile, Ash ignores Brock's suffering and goes out to train.
    -Piplup trips and falls on Pikachu, who apparently has a "send out a wave of electricity if something falls on you" reflex. Pipilup is understandably kinda pissed that Pikachu has no self-control.
    -Suddenly, the universe decides to follow shipper logic and have Piplup fall in love with the one it's arguing with! (and Pikachu responds in kind) the joke here is that shippers are inheritantly illogical, therefore "shipper logic" is an oxymoron
    -The humans seem mildly confused that Pikachu and Piplup are now madly in lust with each other.
    -You can tell that this is a science laboratory because of the random Erlenmeyer flasks, beakers, pipettes, test tubes some sort of loopy thing that probably has one specific use, and a terribly labeled jar that conveys no information about the chemical other than "it's probably bad. See? SKULL AND CROSSBONES.", all of which are full of random colorful liquids. I HAVE TWO LAB CLASSES EVERY WEEK, SO THIS SIMPLIFICATION OF WHAT SCIENCE LOOKS LIKE MAKES ME ANGRY.
    -Honestly people, where is your Personal Protective Equipment? Do I need to show you the cheesy video from the 70s I've had to watch in all three chemistry classes I've had since starting college?
    -I like how one of the generic machines in the background appears to be taken straight from one of the generic machine sprites in the games.
    -...what the hell is James wearing on his head, anyway?
    -Quagsire VS Magnemite staredown? AWESOME!
    -Meanwhile, Ash and Dawn continue to be strikingly unconcerned about Pikachu and Piplup's sudden love affair. I mean, only the absolute worst fanfiction would have love happen THAT QUICKLY, so surely they must suspect SOMETHING bad is happening?
    -I love how the animation completely fails to convey that Ash and Dawn are struggling to pull Pikachu and Piplup appart, so they have to add a lot of zany "we're trying but failing!" noises.
    -Please insert your own canned joke about how it's physically impossible for Piplup to be in a Pokeball here.
    -Brock makes what I can only assume is a cheesy magnetism pun.
    -Watching Ash and Dawn struggle to pull PikaPlup apart would be more entertaining if it looked like they were actually TRYING.
    -Good lord kids, just pick PikaPlup up as a unit and carry it to the Pokemon Center or something.
    -...oh hey! They decided to do that! Awesome, I can predict what will happen in a repetitive children's show!
    -Meowth has evil plans for Pikaplup. I'm sure he knows all about Pokemon acting strangely towards other species, since his daydreams are filled with (EDITOR'S NOTE:Foul ideas removed to protect the innocent)
    -Seriously, what the hell IS that on James' head? The worst bandana ever? A napkin? A bizarre hat? I MUST KNOW.
    -They just HAD to throw an Octillery among the electric-water Pokemon relations, didn't they? Also:JOHTOJOHTOJOHTO(Kanto Starter)JOHTO(Shinou Pokemon that never got much of an episode)
    -I think that thing on James' head is, in fact, the worst bandana ever.
    -Clearly the animators spent too much time making TR have interesting expressions instead of having Dawn/Ash/Brock react interestingly to PikaPlup's love affair.
    -As a Ground Type, Quagsire clearly had no reason to dodge Magnemite's Something-Or-Other-Electric-Attack other than pure spite for the people behind it.
    -Is there some reason why Professor Science's Love Machine has to broadcast a signal all over the damn place instead of an area that just affects, you know, his Quagsire and Magnemite?
    -Nurse Joy finally figures that it'd be a good idea to visit the reckless scientist whose lab is just uphill from the Pokemon center. I imagine that the other, more probable, suspects she had to eliminate first included the mailman, Officer Jenny, a blade of grass, and one of her Chansey assistants.
    -Come to think of it, all the Pokemon affected by the signal are PURE water type and PURE electric type...that's totally the one factor throwing off Prof. Science's machine, isn't it?
    -I like how Ash gets angry at Team Rocket when they, you know, haven't done anything wrong. (I suppose its technically "haven't done anything wrong yet", but going by this logic, Ash should have Pikachu blast off any person he comes across with red or purple hair.)
    -TR steals the love machine, because...uh...actually, seeing as this is Not Japan, there are probably a lot of Not Japanese who would really like a machine that makes electric types and water types fall madly in love. Finally, TR can break out of the cycle of poverty!
    -Oh god it's going to turn out that their trainer being in danger was all that was needed to bring Quagsire and Magnemite together, isn't it?
    -I was right. Goddammit.
    -Pikachu and Piplup are way too happy for still being on TR's balloon.
    -Then again, TR didn't even try to stop Staraptor(it's been existing a lot lately. Place your bets on it making an appearance in the Sunyshore gym battle NOW!) from getting Pikachu and Piplup back.
    -And now I'm sure that Professor Science learned an important lesson about something.

(plz rate & comment or else Ill stop riting nu chapters!)

Really, this episode seemed dangerously close to something a mediocre-bordering-on-bad fanfiction writer would churn out. The main difference being that the fanfic writer would have had Ash and Dawn kiss at the end.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

If you liked this episode, please forgive me if my critique seems too harsh, but...
    This has to have been the absolute most worthless episode in the history of the anime!!!
    It was a filler, so nothing changed with any main character's list of accomplishments or pokemon. It didn't even feature any new pokemon (new to the anime, that is), not even a small view of one in the background. And, let's not forget, they showed virtually no battling whatsoever.
    What was the point of that?!?
    -5/5
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Next time on Pokemon!

Brock rapes Dawn!
    More standing around!
    Random explosions!

Just my thoughts on the next episode x:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/348kmmt.png[/img]
    Signature made by Malesretmit12 of NintenKingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac Joe View Post
    Next time on Pokemon!

Brock rapes Dawn!
    More standing around!
    Random explosions!

Just my thoughts on the next episode x:
    No hardly. The next episode will be about Team Galactic's final plan.

Wasn't speaking about that episode in particular. More-so of the next half-assed shipper episode the writers decide to pull out of nowhere.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/348kmmt.png[/img]
    Signature made by Malesretmit12 of NintenKingdom.

I thought this episode was pretty boring on my first time watching it, but the more times I see it, the less boring it seems, kinda. Still, that doesn't hold the fact that this wasn't a good episode. Now THIS is a REAL filler. And a bad one at that. The only things I liked was the Luxio/Marill thing and a few parts of the Pika/Pip stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac Joe View Post
    Wasn't speaking about that episode in particular. More-so of the next half-assed shipper episode the writers decide to pull out of nowhere.
    Well I honestly think the next "fillers" won't be so bad.

These were bad just because the TG arc will begin soon.

You realize that both Pikachu and Piplup are male, right? There is definately something creepy floating around the writers' idea pool by this point.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I was expecting a battle from this but nooooooooooooo just TR blasting off again. Very very old. The only thing I liked was another 1 of Ash's pokemon being shown.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Wouldn't a more logical translation for this title be, "Keep Pikachu and Piplup Apart!"?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Wouldn't a more logical translation for this title be, "Keep Pikachu and Piplup Apart!"?
    I've also heard "Keep Away from Pikachu and Piplup", although that didn't make as much sense after watching the episode.

But yeah, "Pikachu & Piplup Kepe Away!" is about the least logical translation of the title possible.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    You realize that both Pikachu and Piplup are male, right? There is definately something creepy floating around the writers' idea pool by this point.
    Them showing male pokemon fall in love with each other = them having creepy minds?

Lol! Pikachu and Piplup getting some guy-love! This reminds be of the good old days when the writters would give us a funny-for-the-sake-of-funny episode once in a while.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Good episode, it was great to see more water type pokemon, especially Squirtle, i loved to see it.

Pika and Piplup were paralyzed most of the episode, so i can't talk about tham so much.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Seeing Pikachu and Piplup act that way is creepy.

Its quite weird that the anime would have two male characters attracted to each other as this has never been done before in the anime.

Aaannd back to widescreen again..after what several months being fullscreen? I hope Cartoonnetwork finally get the problems they were having fixed as i enjoy them in widescreen...buuutt now onto the episode.

I thought it was a pretty decent episode.

the professor's name..now I'm not sure if it was the same as the japanese version but it seems likely... if not I'm glad it was not one of those typical dub names.

I laughed at one scene Ash, Dawn and Brock had their eyes closed at the same time for a few seconds LOL

and last.. man that was a huge lookin Quagsire

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Boring. Really didn't like it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    the professor's name..now I'm not sure if it was the same as the japanese version but it seems likely... if not I'm glad it was not one of those typical dub names.
    So, what was the name?

Loved that the Prof's name was the same as in the Japanese version, at least PUSA keeps things consistent. Wow, it was better in the dubbed version, since the professor said that the machine's waves worked on Pokemon of the same gender lol. It was just silly, even the romantic music in the background. I thought that the reason Quagsire and Magnemite didn't like each other was because Quagsire was animalistic and Magnemite wasn't. But it turns out type had to do with it :S

At first I thought this episode was going to be really strange as I predict a lot of anti-gay people going against this episode for having Pikachu and Piplup, who are both confirmed to be male in the Togepi episode, loving each other. Turns out this is all a crazy experiment of a professor trying to make electric and water type Pokemon more friendly to each other. I suspected Quagsire and Magnemite's secondary types to be the reason why the machine had no effect on them, and it turns out I was right all along.

The episode was pretty good. I thought it was pretty silly seeing the Water/Electric Pokemon falling in love with eachother, and returning to normal, and going back to falling in love. xD

The Professor's name was pretty cool too imo. Didnt know it was the same as the Japanese version, so yeah, cool name Professor! xp

I was surprised to see the episode set to widescreen again, I hope it stays that way. However, I was alittle baffled on why the opening was going pretty fast.

Now I can't wait for next weekend, the epic Galactic arc begins

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode was just ok. Definitely not one of the better ones. I thought Brock jumping to the conclusion as to why the pokemon were behaving as they were happened too fast.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast