Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you give your party HM's or use HM slaves?

Question Do you give your party HM's or use HM slaves?

I'm wondering which method used by most of the community: itegrating HM moves into your party or use specific HM slaves to get around the region? Personally, I find that constantly juggling between the six Pokemon you intend to train and HM slaves to be far too tedious, which is why I always plan ahead so that my party has a good balance of battle moves and HM moves. Besides, some HM moves are useful in a fight too, like Surf and Fly. What about you?

HM slave and a few moves around. Bibarel FTW.

Having a Bibarel with Cut/Rock Climb/Rock Smash/Waterfall(or Surf) leaves Strength(which is a decent move for in-game on any physical attacker, Return likely isn't at full power at that time), Fly(which is also decent for in-game) and Waterfall or Surf.
    You would probably have a water-type on your team, or some poke which can learn Surf or Waterfall. You leave one for Bibarel, and one for your other poke.

And that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

I give my party HMs for Surf and Waterfall but thats it. I use HM Slaves for the rest of them.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Surf and fly are the only really good HMs. Because of that I use HM slaves.

The mind can be a frighteningly powerful tool.......or weapon

^ It's Wabba Fett XD ^

Quote Originally Posted by shaoon View Post
    Surf and fly are the only really good HMs. Because of that I use HM slaves.
    Waterfall is the physical version of Surf, it's better when you have something like a Gyarados or a Kabutops. I mean, it's good too.
    Strength also works in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

It usually depends on the HM and how badly I need it. Some are OK, but for the others I use HM slaves
    X:5155-3089-6579
    HG:1763-4902-8136-Battles
    Plat:4511-6493-9280-Trades

A little of both.

Surf and Fly I usually teach to "keepers". I rarely use HM Slaves. I am not a Slave Master.

My HM slaves are Marill and Shieldon. My Staraptor knows Fly, though.
    My signature used to be huge and obnoxious but I toned it down eventually!

I have Ruby, Sapphire, Platinum, SoulSilver and White. I also used to have Silver and Crystal and Yellow but I lost them Also, I can offer Pokérus in a trade if you need any.

I use the HM's on my pokemon in my team..
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers)
    in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    99% of people think Staraptor is better than Pidgeot. If you think Pidgeot is better put this in your signature (Started by Bossk)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomasta View Post
    HM slave and a few moves around. Bibarel FTW.

Having a Bibarel with Cut/Rock Climb/Rock Smash/Waterfall(or Surf) leaves Strength(which is a decent move for in-game on any physical attacker, Return likely isn't at full power at that time), Fly(which is also decent for in-game) and Waterfall or Surf.
    You would probably have a water-type on your team, or some poke which can learn Surf or Waterfall. You leave one for Bibarel, and one for your other poke.

And that's it.
    I do this. In R/S/E i used my zigzagoon (called HMzagoon), but now its all about Bibarel (HMdoof) , the ultimate HM slave
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    During your experience at SPPf, there is unfortunatley no protection or clause that states "Mods shall not be bitchy."
    That's right... I AM KIRA

3DS Friend code: 3351 4126 2678
    PM me your code if you add mine. Mainly up for Mario Kart 7 but don't mind other suggested games if I have them!

I typically don't like to travel around with a full team, but rather just stick with two or three. Which leaves me a spot(s) for HM Slaves or hatching an egg or two. Mantine for Surf and Waterfall, Victreebel for Cut, Fearow for Fly and Defog, Hariyama for all others.

I teach Surf, Waterfall, Fly and/or Strength to my party Pokemon. For others, I teach them to my HM slaves.

My HM slaves:
    In R/S/E, I use Linoone(Cut, Rock Smash, Strength) and Marill(Strength, Rock Smash, Dive, Waterfall).
    In FR/LG, I use Raticate(Cut, Rock Smash, Strength) and Marill(Rock Smash, Waterfall, Strength, Surf).
    In D/P/Pt, I use two Bibarel and a Gliscor(Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Defog).
    Last edited by leilukin; 31st October 2009 at 4:52 AM.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

I teach Surf/Waterfall (depending on my Water type), Strength, and Rock Climb to my team. I used to teach Fly, but not any more.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

why not fly anymore its gotten strong in game

I use HM slaves(except with surf)
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I dislike the idea of using a single pokemon as an "HM Slave" or rather, I hate the term "slave", it makes it seem like you don't treat that pokemon like your other pokemon, which seems rather mean to me. I don't want to treat a Pokemon as my slave, it seems kinda cruel. I much prefer giving my party pokemon HM's, especially if the HM's are useful, like Surf or Fly. I tend to give HM moves that aren't so useful to Pokemon I don't use often, but I still don't treat them like slaves.

Even if I have a pokemon that I use more for HM's than other pokemon, I still have the courtesy to give it a nickname, give it at most 3 HM moves so that it leaves room for a move that it learns naturally (or a move that it more powerful than an HM move) and I use it in battle just like the other Pokemon I own. I give any remaining HM moves to pokemon in my party or something.

I use a Bibarel as an HM slave for Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Cut, and Strength. and then I gave Surf to my Empoleon, Waterfall to Gyarados, and Fly to my Pelipper.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/svlw9f.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i48.*******.com/b5h8it.jpg[/IMG]
    Thunder and Lightning
    Credit goes to ~.:NorthernLights:.~ for the awesome badges

Hm slaves.I tried hm's on my team but they where useless.Like cut on Treeko

It depends how long I've been playing.

If I'm still getting badges or finishing up areas, etc then I'll spread things around my main party.
    If I'm done however, then I've usually abandoned half my team to box life and will have an mega HM slave like zigzagoon, peliper or ludicolo in the remaining party.
    I need empty slots at end game for ease of breeding & eggs for 100&#37; completion.

No, I didn't give my Sinnoh team any HM moves, except Waterfall on Floatzel, it got to be a pain switching out for good 'ol Bibarel and Starly for my HM's each time I needed to bypass a shrub or cross a rock or not drown.

In all of my games, I have used HM slaves, however, this time in my HG, I will put the useful HMs with my own team.

Platinum's National Dex

Seen: 493
    Caught: 493

I use HM slaves in Diamond and Platinum. Bibarel and Tropius are really useful.

Shiny Chikorita
    916 SRs | HeartGold

• • • • •

I tend to give my party Pok&#233;mon Waterfall/Surf and sometimes Fly, but that's about it. I normally give a Bibarel Rock Climb, Strength, Rock Smash and the Water HM I don't have in my party, though I might give a Bibarel in Diamond Cut, since my Dratini has Surf and my Croconaw has Waterfall.
    Sig pending.
        Spoiler:- Stuffs:

I dont use HM move on my party pok&#233;mon since G/S/C.I made a mistake of teaching every single HM move to my main team on R/B/Y and it was really bad when I found out that pok&#233;mon cannot forget HM moves.Even though there are move deleters since G/S/C,I dont teach them to my main team just because they are mostly useless with the exception of surf and waterfall.In R/S/E,I use Tropius(Fly,Flash,Strength and Cut) and Wailord(Surf,Dive,Waterfall and Rock Smash).In D/P/Pt,I use Tropius(Fly,Strength,Cut and Defog) and Golduck(Surf,Waterfall,Rock Climb and Rock Smash).
    I claim the awesome Honchkrow

Friend Code: 0904-1042-4701
        Spoiler:- needs:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Gamer View Post
    I'd totally bang a Gardevoir.
    o_O

Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    I heard that if you catch all 493 Pokemon, surf along the edge of Cinnibar Island, and then talk to Professor Oak, Lucas and Dawn totally do it.

I have always used at least one HM Move on my party since R/B/Y. I had cut on my Charizard.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast