Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon (All Seasons) Shippings

Default Digimon (All Seasons) Shippings

Since all of the other threads sadly seem to die, I decided to just make a collaboration of all of the seasons so it hopefully will stay alive. I know there's lots of Digimon fans and shippers here, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyways, this thread was made for discussing shippings found in Digimon. Follow all Serebii rules, and be respectful of each other. Don't bash a ship just because you don't like it. Of course, everything is up for debate. I'm completely okay with debates as long as they're respectable and they use evidence.

Have fun!

Which shipping was your first Digimon shipping?

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Probably Tai and Sora for sure. Seriously, who was the asshole who thought Matt and Sora would get together in the end? We never once saw them date (that I can remember), so there was no build up to it at all. I don't remember seeing the finale as a kid, so when I caught wind of it through the interwebs, I was upset. But I got over it eventually. Somewhat... I have no disrespect toward Sorato shippers, but that still kinda bothers me as to how it just came out of left field for no apparent reason. Then again, T.K. and Kari most likely didn't get together, either...

But when it comes to my favorite Digimon shipping, it's Wizardmon/Gatomon hands-down. I actually was so obsessed with it at one point that I almost got into a shipping war with a Patamon/Gatomon fan. Yeah... it was a close call ^_^;. I did come to warm up to Patamon/Gatomon (or Angemon/Angewomon anyway) over time, though I still can't get how Veemon/Gatomon would've worked.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post

Probably Tai and Sora for sure. Seriously, who was the asshole who thought Matt and Sora would get together in the end? We never once saw them date (that I can remember), so there was no build up to it at all. I don't remember seeing the finale as a kid, so when I caught wind of it through the interwebs, I was upset. But I got over it eventually. Somewhat... I have no disrespect toward Sorato shippers, but that still kinda bothers me as to how it just came out of left field for no apparent reason. Then again, T.K. and Kari most likely didn't get together, either...

But when it comes to my favorite Digimon shipping, it's Wizardmon/Gatomon hands-down. I actually was so obsessed with it at one point that I almost got into a shipping war with a Patamon/Gatomon fan. Yeah... it was a close call ^_^;. I did come to warm up to Patamon/Gatomon (or Angemon/Angewomon anyway) over time, though I still can't get how Veemon/Gatomon would've worked.
    I was super heartbroken when Matt and Sora ended up together, but I saw a lot of pages that were showing that the Japanese version was totally pushing for Matt and Sora.. I was able to accept it, I guess; with it being in the original script and all. I really love Ryo/Rika. Ryo gets a lot of hate, but a lot of people don't really know his backstory. I really enjoy their dynamic.

Tai and Sora (I will never forgive the person who made it Matt and Sora) Tai and Sora just seemed to get along so well (almost too well I used to think) and I was sure they would go out until the horror happened, Matt... Why Matt? we'll never know but most us fans were disappointed, I know that we had no say in it but, c'mon, seriously Matt?

But the shipping that I see in Digimon is: T.K/Kari. I do not see how this can be incorrect (Davis was hopeless) T.K and Kari just got along like lovers.

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

Indeed, Gatomon X Wizardmon. In my opinion, it is the best Digimon Shipping of all time. I think Wizardmon's death make it even more significant. And when he came back as a ghost in Adventure 02... I wished they could actually hold hands... but they could not... ;^; Credit to their involvement in what I think were the two of the most heartbreaking moments in the series.

I once hoped that there was Gatomon X Myotismon... somehow. I hoped, for some reason, that Myotismon would actually come back as a good Digimon. Perhaps because I found him to be the best villain in the Adventure Series. XD

And maybe Patamon X Gatomon, as my signature suggests. Perhaps because I think the shipping of their human partners was the most likely in the Adventure Series.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

We had two thread on this LOL Oh well. I really loved the Karai x T.K pairing ever since the first series, funny how there kids looked a like but yah know could mean any thing.

Mimi I assumed ended up with that kid from New York, what was his name? Mimi's kid looks a lot like him, wonde why he didn't how up since he can enter the Digital World and is friends with the others. Shame too, I used to ship Mimix Joe back in the first series, why give so many hints and not have them end together? Curse you writers!!!

The two pairings I didn't like had to become canon, oh I also shipped Tai x Sora back in the first series
    It was like the writers saw what I didn't want and did it just to troll me

Funny enough I liked Rukia x Takato ( Did I spell his name right? )

After that, can't really remember the other characters names in the other series but I did have a few that I liked.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Everybody from everywhere except for Japan wanted Tai and Sora. Matt and Sora...f- that.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    We had two thread on this LOL Oh well. I really loved the Karai x T.K pairing ever since the first series, funny how there kids looked a like but yah know could mean any thing.

Mimi I assumed ended up with that kid from New York, what was his name? Mimi's kid looks a lot like him, wonde why he didn't how up since he can enter the Digital World and is friends with the others. Shame too, I used to ship Mimix Joe back in the first series, why give so many hints and not have them end together? Curse you writers!!!

The two pairings I didn't like had to become canon, oh I also shipped Tai x Sora back in the first series
    It was like the writers saw what I didn't want and did it just to troll me

Funny enough I liked Rukia x Takato ( Did I spell his name right? )

After that, can't really remember the other characters names in the other series but I did have a few that I liked.
    The opening post says that all other threads seem to die out, so this one is a collaboration thread for all the series in the franchise.

His name was Michael. As for Mimi and Joe's hints, see what happened to Tai X Sora...

It is like a Downer Ending for several people, I guess...

Rika or Ruki. Takato's spelling is fine.

~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

I really, REALLY enjoyed Mimi/Izzy. Nerd/super popular girl stereotypical match up? Yes please.
    I never really shipped Ruki/Takato, even in the beginning. I mean, it works at all... but as soon as Jeri showed up I was like "oh, there's his love interest..", but I didn't think that she would get such a huge role in the end. The whole Jeri/Takato relationship is probably one of the cutest ships I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I really, REALLY enjoyed Mimi/Izzy. Nerd/super popular girl stereotypical match up? Yes please.
    I never really shipped Ruki/Takato, even in the beginning. I mean, it works at all... but as soon as Jeri showed up I was like "oh, there's his love interest..", but I didn't think that she would get such a huge role in the end. The whole Jeri/Takato relationship is probably one of the cutest ships I've ever seen.
    It was actually saddening to see Jeri suddenly turn into the D-Reaper, Jeri Agent in front of Takato's eyes just when he was going to confess his love to her. I guess that was a good plot device, but that does not ease the fact that it is saddening. The look on Takato's face matched very well.

Takato was usually so quiet, unlike most other Goggleheads. When he became angry enough to get WarGrowlmon to Digivolve into Megidramon due to Jeri's sadness due to Leomon's death... it was truly very epic.
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 16th October 2013 at 9:10 PM.

I'm not much of a shipper (I have preferred couples, but don't go crazy, nor do I get mad at those who ship other characters. They are fictional and it doesn't affect me at all), but Mums and Aru (Mummymon and Arukenimon). Those two are among my all time favorite digimon, and I always liked to imagine that Aru felt the same way about Mums, but she just wasn't the type to show her feelings.

Tailmon and Wizarmon feels so cannon--makes me really sad that Wizarmon dies (though the guy who made digimon (can't remember his name right now) says that Wizarmon eventually comes back. Hooray!).

I also get a touch of one-sided LadyDevimon and Piemon.

I always felt like Miyako/Ken came out of nowhere. Sure, she seemed to have a crush on him (especially before she found out that he was the Kaiser), but he never seemed to reciprocate. At all. In fact, Ken didn't really interact with the others beyond Daisuke (and an episode of he and Iori trying to get along). I always liked to imagine that Hikari and Takeru grow up and get married. At least it doesn't say that they didn't.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    I'm not much of a shipper (I have preferred couples, but don't go crazy, nor do I get mad at those who ship other characters. They are fictional and it doesn't affect me at all), but Mums and Aru (Mummymon and Arukenimon). Those two are among my all time favorite digimon, and I always liked to imagine that Aru felt the same way about Mums, but she just wasn't the type to show her feelings.

Tailmon and Wizarmon feels so cannon--makes me really sad that Wizarmon dies (though the guy who made digimon (can't remember his name right now) says that Wizarmon eventually comes back. Hooray!).

I also get a touch of one-sided LadyDevimon and Piemon.

I always felt like Miyako/Ken came out of nowhere. Sure, she seemed to have a crush on him (especially before she found out that he was the Kaiser), but he never seemed to reciprocate. At all. In fact, Ken didn't really interact with the others beyond Daisuke (and an episode of he and Iori trying to get along). I always liked to imagine that Hikari and Takeru grow up and get married. At least it doesn't say that they didn't.
    Oh, yes, that is a point... either it was one sided or Arukenimon did not want to show her feelings, but Mummymon's line when MaloMyotismon killed her was epic. In both the sub and the dub.

In the Xros Wars manga, a Gatomon and Wizardmon show up. Gatomon says that she had traveled with a human girl in the past. (Possibly Kari!) What if the two are the same ones from the Adventure universe? That would mean he did come back! Hurrah! Although it is too bad Wizardmon got stuck between space-time due to ZeedMilleniumon's Time Destroyer...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    But... they said that Digimon who enter the real world are of flesh and blood, not data. When Wizardmon died, he only came back as a ghost as he was never reborn (which would mean Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon could never be reborn either). They never expected Wizzie to come back again, ever. Myotismon is a manipulative dick who wouldn't up-and-die just so Zero Two could have a true villain, but they eventually killed him off for reals as well, right?

Dammit, Digimon, stop contradicting yourself! You're making me sad.

I really-really-really wish that there was something that involved Wizardmon's return, or at least more nods to him. I keep hoping there will be even though more likely than not we're never going to get it. I dunno, I'm still wanting to read the manga to see him and Gatomon interact with each other. I read somewhere that their backstory was touched upon more than in the anime (thus giving me hope they really as close to canon as possible), and that Wizardmon was much more cooler in the manga (by setting Myotismon's cape on fire, what I would give to see that).

Guess I'm stuck with fan fics forever...

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    In the Xros Wars manga, a Gatomon and Wizardmon show up. Gatomon says that she had traveled with a human girl in the past. (Possibly Kari!) What if the two are the same ones from the Adventure universe? That would mean he did come back! Hurrah! Although it is too bad Wizardmon got stuck between space-time due to ZeedMilleniumon's Time Destroyer...
    God, they really had it out for Wizardmon in general, didn't they 8(?

Though in Frontier, in one episode where the characters are at a village, in the background in a few scenes you can see (multiple?) Wizardmon and Gatomon hanging out with each other, almost like a nod or bone to the friendship in Adventure.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

But... they said that Digimon who enter the real world are of flesh and blood, not data. When Wizardmon died, he only came back as a ghost as he was never reborn (which would mean Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon could never be reborn either). They never expected Wizzie to come back again, ever. Myotismon is a manipulative dick who wouldn't up-and-die just so Zero Two could have a true villain, but they eventually killed him off for reals as well, right?

Dammit, Digimon, stop contradicting yourself! You're making me sad.

I really-really-really wish that there was something that involved Wizardmon's return, or at least more nods to him. I keep hoping there will be even though more likely than not we're never going to get it. I dunno, I'm still wanting to read the manga to see him and Gatomon interact with each other. I read somewhere that their backstory was touched upon more than in the anime (thus giving me hope they really as close to canon as possible), and that Wizardmon was much more cooler in the manga (by setting Myotismon's cape on fire, what I would give to see that).

Guess I'm stuck with fan fics forever...

God, they really had it out for Wizardmon in general, didn't they 8(?

Though in Frontier, in one episode where the characters are at a village, in the background in a few scenes you can see (multiple?) Wizardmon and Gatomon hanging out with each other, almost like a nod or bone to the friendship in Adventure.
    I like to imagine that the Digimon who die in the human world, even after Bio-Emerging, still have a way to be reborn. If Myotismon can, why not Wizardmon, Gotsumon and Pumpkimon? I know it is not canon, yet, but Wizardmon's body still remained after he died, unlike when Pumpkimon and Gotsumon died were "condemned". And Matt was crying about it and saying, "You condemned them for no reason!" I found that... funny.

In short, they never said they can never come back. Which human girl would a Gatomon with a friendship with a Wizardmon travel with, otherwise?

Ah, yes I remember that in Frontier. They have so many nods to the relationship between Gatomon and Wirzardmon all over the series...

I'm into Dakari shipping because I didn't like Tk that much for Kari. Tk was too perfect.

Does anyine mind if I join in? I have quite a few.

Definitely Tai and Sora. I was so upset when Matt and Sora ended up together. Matt and Sora never really showed any hints of them having feelings for each other while both Tai and Sora did in that one movie and then boom, they end together. It was so random. Tai was perfect for Sora no disrespect to Matt and Sora shippers this is just a girl giving her opinion.

I also really shipped Davis and Kari. I love TK and I can see why everyone shipped him and Kari but seriously, Davis' crush on her and trying everything to win her heart was just hilarious even if it was totally hopeless bc they were never going to end up together haha

On Davis/Kari, I thought it was hilarious Davis was trying to be all impressive for her and all, but then you get Veemon. It was apparently stated somewhere that Digimon tend to reflect their Digidestined's behavior or personality (whichever it is), but I can't remember for the life of me when this was mentioned, or even if it's true. But if this is the case, that would make Veemon/Gatomon very, very one-sided and even short-lived. It was brought up about once as an imagine spot because Davis wanted to ask Kari out for a dance or something, and yet ever since then, you got a wave of Veemon/Gatomon shippers.

Patamon/Gatomon I can kinda understand, but that one always confused me. It also doesn't help that the Digivolution stages are actually this: Baby I, Baby II, Child, Adult, Perfect, Ultimate. So... if it's a "child" crushing on an "adult", that's fine, but to make them romantically involved... um... I have to question that. That's probably why I'm more lenient towards Angemon/Angewomon than I am with Patamon/Gatomon, and even less-so toward Veemon/Gatomon. (I don't see ExVeemon[Flamedramon]/Gatomon, strangely enough.)

(Randomly just found out Steve Blum played Veemon's Armor Digivolutions. I... I don't know what to say to that. The guy drips of awesome.)
    I survived Pupa.

On Davis/Kari, I thought it was hilarious Davis was trying to be all impressive for her and all, but then you get Veemon. It was apparently stated somewhere that Digimon tend to reflect their Digidestined's behavior or personality (whichever it is), but I can't remember for the life of me when this was mentioned, or even if it's true. But if this is the case, that would make Veemon/Gatomon very, very one-sided and even short-lived. It was brought up about once as an imagine spot because Davis wanted to ask Kari out for a dance or something, and yet ever since then, you got a wave of Veemon/Gatomon shippers.

Patamon/Gatomon I can kinda understand, but that one always confused me. It also doesn't help that the Digivolution stages are actually this: Baby I, Baby II, Child, Adult, Perfect, Ultimate. So... if it's a "child" crushing on an "adult", that's fine, but to make them romantically involved... um... I have to question that. That's probably why I'm more lenient towards Angemon/Angewomon than I am with Patamon/Gatomon, and even less-so toward Veemon/Gatomon. (I don't see ExVeemon[Flamedramon]/Gatomon, strangely enough.)

(Randomly just found out Steve Blum played Veemon's Armor Digivolutions. I... I don't know what to say to that. The guy drips of awesome.)
    (Un)fortunately, Davis seems to get over it near the end, when things really get tense. Otherwise, for some reason, I think his crush on Kari would be more important to him than defeating MaloMyotismon. So, I think the crush at least grew milder...

Remember that the other translations are also important. It does not help that Patamon's "Adult" form's voice seems to be that of a child's...

Remember that the other translations are also important. It does not help that Patamon's "Adult" form's voice seems to be that of a child's...
    That's because Patamon's Japanese voice actress, Miwa Matsumoto, also plays his evolutions, so that includes Angemon and MagnaAngemon. So if it weren't for the fact Patamon has been addressed as a boy, he could easily be mistaken as a she, even as Angemon. Doesn't help Angemon kinda looks like a lady...

(Meanwhile, that reminds me of the stupid rumors that Gatomon was played by a man in the English dub >_>. Unless it was a black woman... or both. Neither of which are true, of course, but still. Lulz, Gatomon's voice actress played the spider woman in the Wicked City dub--Gatomon confirmed to be femme fatale with vagina man-eater.)

I don't remember, did Yolei's crushing on Ken stop getting mentioned over the course of Zero Two, especially after he joined the group?
    I survived Pupa.

That's because Patamon's Japanese voice actress, Miwa Matsumoto, also plays his evolutions, so that includes Angemon and MagnaAngemon. So if it weren't for the fact Patamon has been addressed as a boy, he could easily be mistaken as a she, even as Angemon. Doesn't help Angemon kinda looks like a lady...

(Meanwhile, that reminds me of the stupid rumors that Gatomon was played by a man in the English dub >_>. Unless it was a black woman... or both. Neither of which are true, of course, but still. Lulz, Gatomon's voice actress played the spider woman in the Wicked City dub--Gatomon confirmed to be femme fatale with vagina man-eater.)

I don't remember, did Yolei's crushing on Ken stop getting mentioned over the course of Zero Two, especially after he joined the group?
    ...although now I cannot even imagine that Angemon is female. 0_0

Yolei's crush pretty much was not mentioned, but in the Summer 2003 CD Drama, Ken was the one who seemed to have a crush on Yolei...

Yolei's crush pretty much was not mentioned, but in the Summer 2003 CD Drama, Ken was the one who seemed to have a crush on Yolei...
    I remember her fangirling over him when he was first revealed as Ken--some episodes before they learned he was the Digimon Emperor. Somehow, even after they learned he was their enemy, she continued to like him, and then that factoid basically disappears until the grand finale when we learn the two married.

Still, that's weirdly interesting.
    I survived Pupa.

Ehh, I'd have to go with TakatoXRika. They seem to have feelings for each other that neither of them really seem willing to realize. And the fact that Takato had a dream about Rika in one episode...... Heh, face it buddy- you like her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Ehh, I'd have to go with TakatoXRika. They seem to have feelings for each other that neither of them really seem willing to realize. And the fact that Takato had a dream about Rika in one episode...... Heh, face it buddy- you like her.
    The first episode, you mean? I do not think Takato had even met Rika before that... although he probably knew about her dueling prowess... was that enough to make him like her? I do not really think so... he does not seem to be one to favour power too much...

The first episode, you mean? I do not think Takato had even met Rika before that... although he probably knew about her dueling prowess... was that enough to make him like her? I do not really think so... he does not seem to be one to favour power too much...
    Well, considering Rika teases Takato about him having feelings for her at one point... she knows he likes her, but she's not exactly wanting to realize her feelings for him.

And besides, it's not like I'm pairing Renamon x Guilmon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Well, considering Rika teases Takato about him having feelings for her at one point... she knows he likes her, but she's not exactly wanting to realize her feelings for him.

And besides, it's not like I'm pairing Renamon x Guilmon.
    I see. Although I personally think Takato fits better with Jeri. It pretty much is an official Ship. (Takato even admitted it.) Although that is just my opinion.

Terriermon has that covered for you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast