Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pairings you used to like but not anymore or as much.

Default Pairings you used to like but not anymore or as much.

A thread to talk about the pairings you used to admire but not anymore.

RULES
    1. Follow Sppf rules.
    2. You can have it the other way around.
    3. Can be from any fandom you want, which is why I put it in Alternative Shipping.
    4. Avoid bashing.

I think that's about it, here's mine.

I used to like Ikarishipping, but I don't know. I think it was cause it felt cliche to me and didn't understand it anymore. I used to hate pokeshipping for some weird reason. I don't remember why though, but I like it a lot more than I used it. I didn't like contestshipping because I used to dislike Drew and joined in bashing him, but I decided that he wasn't so bad and I ended up liking contestshipping same time around pokeshipping.

I was obsessed with advanceshipping for a while, it's still one of my favorite pokemon ships but my personal fav obscure ships kinda top it.

I always tried to shun out Sasuke x Naruto because I used to strongly support SasuSaku and NaruHina but I'm open to them now.

And Edward and Bella on twilight, I used to admire that pair but I kinda think it's lame now. It seemed pretty exciting the way people went on about it. I thought it was going to be an OTP of mine. By the time I've read the books and seen the movie, I detested Edward.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 4th November 2009 at 1:12 AM.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Lemme see... For Yu Yu Hakusho I used to ship Hiei/Shizuru, but my heart wasn't really in it. It was mostly a propoganda tool. I was new to shipping and was trying my darnedest to squelch the Kurama/Hiei craze that so dominated the fandom (which is like trying to put out a fire with a squirt-gun thankyouverymuch). I thought I could give them an alternative. The rationale was there... Shizuru has the attitude to not take any of Hiei's... well, attitude and what with their sibs hooking up it sorta made sense. Except for the fact that they barely interacted and had no chemistry. I dropped that one as soon as it was clear that my efforts were going to waste. That was during Dark Tournament and, ironically, when a girl came around in Makai who you could plausibly ship Hiei with (Mukuro) I took a loooong time to sound my support.

I also briefly shipped Yusuke/Koto when I was trying to be more adventurous and step outside my general favorites, canon pairings. I went back to my old ways quickly.

I also shipped Kurama and Botan very briefly, but more as a flag-waving attempt to prove that I could be a Kurama fangirl and be mature about it. That blew up in my face XD.

Back in my Yugioh days I had a prolonged period of shipping Bakura and Serenity even though I had barely seen Serenity in any episodes at that time. I think my rationale was that they were both quiet? Genius.

And in .Hack I shipped Tsukasa/Mimiru early in the series before Tsukasa/Subaru took the stage and my affections switched.

I think that's about it for my abandoned ships :P

Well, I moved on from Pokeshipping. Kind of surprising, eh? Well, pretty much everyone knows by now, but I was really, really into it. Still like it, but I got a new ship to obsess over.

Oh, and I used to really like Inu/Kag from Inu-Yasha a whole lot, almost to obsession level. It's one of those that just really got to me. But then the relationship stalled and I got bored with it. Plus, Kagome was never the best character. She was ok, but nothing too special, nothing I could really work with. Actually... if the series had started out with Inu/Kikyo, I'd probably have cared a lot more about that. That was actually a much more interesting relationship, I think. Kikyou was a good character.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Uhm, I used to like Miyako x Koshiro in Digimon 02, but I changed when I saw Ken xD
    In Super Junior fandom, I'd say HeeMi, as in Heechul x Zhou Mi. Well, Heechul is definetely up for Chinese guys alright, but Zhou Mi belonged to his dear Kui Xian (aka Mr.DeadlyGorgeous Cho Kyuhyun) and Heechul could go fine with HanGeng or Siwon (the SiHanChul trio)
    Last edited by junpearl63; 5th March 2010 at 6:59 AM.

I gotta agree with the Edward/Bella thing. Except I saw it as being gross and creepy and used to like it BECAUSE of that, but now it's just like that in the bad way. Ugh. *likes any non-canon pair in there, if anything*

While I'm still a Pokeshipper, I'm a little more mild towards it now. With Misty, Ash would only show concern for her when she is in danger. Whereas with May and Dawn he shows concern when they are feeling down to the point that he tries to cheer them up.

If by having it the other way around, you mean we can provide a shipping that we were into at first, I go with Ichigo and Masaya from Tokyo Mew Mew.

Generally it has the vibes of liking the guy simply because he's perfect in the earlier portion of the story. I certainly didn't view Kishu as a suitable boyfriend due to his habit of forcing himself on her. But seeing Masaya and Ichigo's chemistry during their dates or time they spent together just felt right (Cause I do like my romance mush), so I tend to enjoy that ship now.

Pretty much any ship about Dawn, at least in the anime.

I remember when DP first started people were very excited about all the possible Dawn ships in the show, but now as we're at the tail-end of DP, its noticeable how Dawn has had no real strong shipping plot in the show whatsoever.

Honestly, its gotten hard to care about all those Dawn ships I onced liked, mainly because of the lack of shipping in DP in general.

For a character that people supposedly pair up with everyone, all the hype about Dawn ships is pretty much gone at this point. Kind of disappointing, but ah well.

Well, I used to be a REALLY big Pokeshipper and Contestshipper (hard to believe, right?) until The Battle Frontier season premiered and I began to support Advanceshipping.

I also used to love Ikarishipping. Well, I do kind of still love it, but not as much as I used to. Like C.Gholy said, it became kind of cliche to me and I don't really understand it much. I guess you can say that I like the Bad boy/Good Girl thing XD.

I guess I just really stopped supporting Pokeshipping because I felt it was so overrated (no offense Pokeshippers) and I just took more of a liking to Advance.

I used to support Pokeshipping and Contestshipping. i was huge in supporting the two but both slowly died as i watched Advance and Kanto BF, i still like both ships but just a little.

I used to support Pokeshipping like when Pokemon first came out but so much anymore. When AG came out, I really began to like Advanceshipping and I turned my back on Pokeshipping.

I really used to hate Contestshipping when Drew first came on the show but eventually, I started to really like Drew and Contestshipping become one of my favorite shippings and I went back to Pokeshipping.

Once DP premiered, I fell in love with Pearlshipping the first time I saw Ash and Dawn high five and Pearlshipping became my other OTP, aside from Contestshipping of course.

So yeah, I used to be a really LOVE Pokeshipping but now, not as much as I used to.

Pokemon- I used to really like Egoshipping. Don't ask why, because I don't even remember. It was just this phase I went through, but eventually got over. Now, if I find an Ego story that appears to be really good, I'll still read it, but not as enthusiastically as I might have back in the day.

Tokyo Mew Mew- I used to like Kish/Ichigo, but now I'm just tolerant of it. Instead, I favor Ryou/Ichigo (which I liked all along), and Kish/Mint (which I didn't like at first but love now).

CLANNAD- I've only seen the anime, and while at first I thought Tomoya/Nagisa was the most adorable and heart-wrenching pairing ever, now, while I still like it, I prefer him with Kyou and, to an extent, Kotomi.

Bleach- I used to support Hitsugaya/Hinamori, but now I like him more with Karin (yes, that one filler episode converted me). I still think the former is cute, but a bit dull in comparison to him and Karin. Also, I used to like Ichigo/Tatsuki, but that's just kind of faded for me for no apparent reason.

Kingdom Hearts- Erm... pretty much all well known shounen-ai pairings in the opposite way. I used to just ignore it, but now AkuRoku and Zemyx are some of my favorite pairings (Riku/Sora is okay, but not nearly as good in my book).

And... that is all. For now, anyway.
    "Maybe waiting isn't good enough..."
    "My thoughts exactly."

I used to like InfraRed a lot, and Betelgeuse not a lot (read: I hated it). Then I fell out of interest with yuri ships and into interest with my roni.
    I wouldn't say I dislike InfraRed but I don't actively ship it or support it and wouldn't really consider myself a shipper of it anymore.

Also I contemplated Athena (ariana balls) x Giovanni then decided he's too chump and went with CLONEGEUSE the true champion.

I have never ever kept the same OTP I've entered a fandom with. The only exception is Bleach's GrimmUlqui, but it's only been three weeks since I got into it and LuppixToshiro is already on par with it. Give it time. It's simply inevitable, as much as it saddens me.

That said I very rarely actually start to dislike or hate ships I've once liked, though there are a few exceptions. I liked Rocketshipping for all of a week before I realized no, no I don't like it at all actually. And SasuNaru in Naruto? I used to like it well enough since I didn't see any other options, until more characters appeared and dynamics totally changed. I honestly cannot stand the ship now and want nothing to do with it.

Everything else I still like just not as much or become neutral to. Well, that I can think of at the moment at least.
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

I used to love Pokeshipping but now it got old (sorry Pokeshippers) and NaruSaku it was cute at first but Naruto finally got Sakura to like him and he turned her down same with Poke.Ash tell Misty they were meant to best friends nothing more.I gave up after that.And I used to like IchiRuki it was so interesting now for me It Pearlshipping,NaruHina and IchiHime they all my OTP.And I love Contestshipping.I'll move from Advance to Contest.

Uh, I used to love Beaconshipping and then I totally ditched it and hopped onto the Alexandrianshipping boat. xD
    As for Kingdom Hearts: I was a total Roxas/Namine fan but I now detest it (sorry fans, xD) and I am on the Roxas/Xion boat. Yay. Boats.
    ...pretty much. xD

I recently gave up on Penguinshipping (Kenny / Dawn). Latest episodes made me dislike the guy - winning a Pokemon battle against Ash? Hah! I've read fanfics more believable than that! - and it's clear that Dawn only considers him a friend.

Contestshipping and Pokeshipping on the other hand... it'll be a cold day on Venus before I give up on them! ^_^

I was really into Contestshipping for a brief period - and I mean really into it. I still like it, and I still collect fanart of Drew & May whenever I find it, but it's lost most of its appeal. :/
    I also shipped BrockxJames pretty hard for a while, haha. I guess I just lost interest, seeing as it was one fanart site that sparked my interest in the first place... Now I'm not really sure who I ship Brock with... Hmm.

Moving on to other fandoms: I used to ship ZukoxKatara and SokkaxToph in the Avatar fandom, but an embarrassing old fanfic (and a genuinely embarrassing fanbase) turned me off of Zutara, while the addition of Suki to the main cast made me lose hope for Tokka. What else...? When I was in the Death Note fandom I loved L/Light, and now I hate that pairing with a passion (why did i ever like it, whyyy). Hmm, I used to love AkuRoku in the KH fandom, but after a while it just got dull and overdone and I began to really dislike it. I'm happier as a Namixas shipper anyhow <3
    There are others, I'm sure, but they're not coming to mind... /ponders

I used to love Pokeshipping back when I was young and foolish, actually I used to love all het shipping with Ash but now no more, I'm now a 100&#37; pearlshipper.

I used to be a Pokeshipper ever since the first couple of episodes, and then it persisted somewhat into AG, then dropped Pokeshipping (because the directors did little to endorse it, and a couple of other reasons) somewhere around the middle of AG, around the same time I stopped watching the show. (At that time, I found Haruka to be annoying and at the same time, I was complaining about the show, I was young back then) Then I went into a long hiatus until I started to play Pokemon again and started to watch AG and later DP subbed or RAW, then I started to become interested in both Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping. (Then suddenly Haruka and Hikari became my favorites out of everyone. :3)

Hope anyone doesn't take any offense to my comments.

And I'm back with more.

Kingdom Hearts - Well, I used to like the "canon" pairs (I use the word loosely, as they're implied, but not actually together), Sora/Kairi and Roxas/Namine. The former more than the latter, even though I like both the individual characters of the latter pair better. But I guess I just got sick of the whole childhood romance in general. I'm not a fan of friends -> lovers in pairings, personally. But what really sunk both ships was me falling in love with Sora/Namine. I think it's romantic, and while I usually detest "rescue" romances, for some reason I liked this one. Somewhere along the line, I began to ship Roxas/Kairi as a crack pair that complemented Namora, and now I actively ship it just as much, if not more (and I can genuinely see it happening; it's no longer crack to me). Also, I hated Axel/Kairi and thought the fans were insane (I mean, he kidnapped her and she clearly disliked him; WTH people?), but now I too am one of the "insane" fans.

Final Fantasy 7 - I used to like Cloud/Tifa, but not anymore. *shot* Frankly, I think she'd be better off moving on in her life (perhaps with Vincent; he needs to move on, too!). Again, I'll mention that I don't like childhood romances anymore. Maybe in that same vein that's why I never picked up Zack/Aerith? *stabbed repeatedly* But since dumping CloTi, I've picked up Cloud/Aerith (I like to think that, while at first he was Zack's replacement, she grew to love him for him and is waiting for him in the Lifestream), Cloud/Yuffie (he needs someone fun loving to pick him up, she needs someone down to earth to keep her from going too up), and Reno/Yuffie for no apparent reason (I guess they're both so crazy awesome that they'd make a crazy awesome pair?).

Final Fantasy 10 (and the sequel) - Well... I go through phases with Tidus/Yuna. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. But Tidus/Rikku will always top it. *prepares to be nuked* AND, I used to like Baralai/Paine, but now I don't. I just sort of stopped liking it for no apparent reason. Now, I like Gippal/Paine (and Gippal/Yuna). *epically nuked*

Final Fantasy 12 - I used to be neutral towards Balthier/Fran, Larsa/Penelo, and Vossler/Ashe, but now I'm beginning to turn towards favorable. FF12 is like the one FF game in which my pairing preferences haven't changed too awful much since the beginning (I still love Vaan/Ashe and Balthier/Penelo above all else).

Naruto... *notices numerous weapons already pointing her way* I won't even go there. I've dug my grave deep enough with my weird preferences. That's it (for now).
    "Maybe waiting isn't good enough..."
    "My thoughts exactly."

I used to like Cynthia x Dawn, but after reading too many horrid fics of it on FF.net, it scares me now. *cries* Same with almost all the other Cynthia pairings I remotely liked (except Cynthia x Aaron, that one's still cool :I).

*shallow*

(Lyrics from "Bumaye" by KMFDM)
    Come by and visit my friend's site, Mystic Wish!
    (we accept fanfiction of all ratings and any fandom....yes, even yours)

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

^ Yay Aceshipping~

I really, really, REALLY used to adore Advanceshipping.
    I read fanfics, looked at fanart, etc. etc.
    But then I really started to drift out of it, after I became a fan of Pallet and Comashipping.

As for other animes, I go through weird phases with IchiRuki. I can go from loving it, to meh, to hating it within a day. :/
    Last edited by GalladeX; 9th July 2010 at 4:57 AM.

Matt/Sora. Oddly enough the ship becoming canon is what made me turn against it. The show didn't take the time to show how or why they hooked & it only seemed to get brought up to make the audience feel bad for Tai.

Tails/Amy-Don't really ship either of them with anyone now.

I used to like thinking Jessie and James were a couple, and I almost believed it when I watched the S.S. Anne episode when they had to go across Bulba's Vine Whip. Muh. After a while I considered them as broken up, haha, and now they're just besties that like to pillage for Pikachu <3

BA~

Idk.
    I only really ship in degrassi, and I remember way back when I used to obsess over Spaige, but now it's meh because I'm into Palex and Spane. I still like it some I guess... But not as much as the other two <3 But now that I saw Degrassi: The Heat is On, I've kinda got into Spemma a little...
    I used to be a big Parcy fan too, but Piley is just as cute too (with an added two points for sexiness ;])

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast