Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pairings you used to like but not anymore or as much.

I used to like PokeShipping a lot, since that was the first Pokemon shipping I've ever noticed. My friend was all like "Misty likes Ash!", and then she gave me a whole talk about Misty's Song and all the hints and whatever.
    So, I began to like it.

but then I began to drift away from it, when I started to watch Pokemon less and less.

But then...when PearlShipping came;
    I immediately fell in love with it. There was something special about it, to me, that Pokeshipping didn't have.

And, I used to be a huge fan of Raven/Robin from Teen Titans.
    But now that the series is over and that I rarely watch it now...Raven/Robin has moved down lower on my "Top Shippings List"
    YouTube Channel | FanFiction Profile

Proud Supporter of Pearlshipping!! (: and
    Contestshipping | Wishfulshipping | Egoshipping | Oldrivalshipping | Specialshipping

here's my list(will add to it later)

pokemon
    pikachu/squirtle(i didn't know their genders at the time. now i prefer pikachu/mew)

disney
    hercules/meg(until i deiscovered what crossovers were. then i thought about it and i decided i liked hercules better with ariel, and later decided that eric or speedy would both suit meg better than hercules)

teen titans
    robin/starfire-i don't like them as much now because a couple months ago, some weirdo posted a hnetai drawing of them on fanpop and it scarred me for life. now i prefer starfire/genie, and robin/arista, but i still like robstar but not as much now

robin/raven-i use to like this shippings until i saw more robstar and cyrae hints. then later i thought about it and realized that robin & raven would be an odd couple. no offence robrae fans, i don't have a problem with you guys supporting them

bumblebee/cyborg- i liked their bickering but once i saw the titans east episode for the first time, i changed my mind and wanted bumblebee with either aqualad or speedy. no i don't even support this ship, but i respect ppl who do. yes i'm a multshipper.
    Last edited by ponyboycurtis; 2nd November 2010 at 6:25 PM.

Oh, boy, I don't know what I don't support much any more. Once I like a ship, I usually stick with it. It'll go down every now and then, but then it'd come back up for a little while. So currently, except for a few, I'm still in love with the ships I support.

But darn, I had one, I just can't think of it now >_<. I think it was Domino/Giovanni, then I thought about it and went "eew". But that might not have been it.

Oh yeah, now I remember! There was a time where I thought Rabbit (from Winnie the Pooh) was actually a cranky girl (despite Tigger going "Hey bunny-boy!"), so I had actually supported my first pairing without knowing it: Tigger/Rabbit. After a while, and when I grew up, I stopped liking it, and then sometime afterwards found out Rabbit was a boy all along xD.

I used to support Harry/Hermione, and then once it was apparent Ginny was Harry's permanent love-interest, I switched.

I don't think I'm liking Tai/Sora much now anymore. As ticked I am still about the Sorato becoming canon, I'm getting used to that fact now. Then there's WizGato. Granted, I'm still a fan, but it's not as strong now as it used to be. So I guess that counts.

Oh, and I used to like Tiff/Kirby, but then I switched over to Meta Knight/Tiff :3. Tiff/Kirby is more of a friendship now than anything else.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

In the Pokemon fandom, Ikarishipping. I supported it to the point where, if I started talking about it IRL, you would've lasted maybe a few minutes before going, "SHUT UP ALREADY!" Yeah, it was kind of bad. I was addicted to that one "When every life meets another life, something will be born" line, thinking, "ZOMG IKARI 4EVER PAUL LOVES DAWN!!!!" Gosh, I'm annoying myself right now xD

And I really loved Revolutionshipping for Yu-Gi-Oh, and JonouchixMai (too lazy to look up the shipping name, which I forgot), but now I support Arrogantshipping and kind of don't care who Yuugi and Anzu end up with.
    I'm at a loss for what to put here, so...have a nice day?

Pokemon: Firebirdshipping, Contestshipping

Glee: Tartie, I just don't care about them together. Fuinn just got old, she's more human with Sam.
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Well there's one I can point out. That's the main couple of Love Hina, Keitaro and Naru. I've always been a fan of that couple despite the fact that most people prefer to pair Keitaro up with Motoko or one of the other girls, and the fact that many people absolutely HATE Naru. While I can understand their reasons why, I just think people don't pay attention to the manga as much as they do with the anime. Compared to the anime, the manga actually features decent character development on her part.

Regardless, I don't like it as much as I used to because of all the overwhelming fan pairings with the other girls and the Naru-haters dominating Love Hina.
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Planned team for Black&White (for now):

My friend code for HeartGold: 2193 0071 6980

My friend code for Platinum: 0776 0346 2328

My White version Friend Code: 2280 4861 4183

there's a lot of things changing when supporting anime couples,I used to like Akira and Tadashi (Special A) before,now I came to be annoyed at their pairing.Also,With Maka and Soul (Soul Eater) I also been a huge supporter for both of them,but suddenly I realize that I love shipping Maka with Death the Kid (because I think they are better to ship with each other) and I started to be annoyed seeing maka and soul together..it does change my views and opinions for them.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Ok, so I was watching Linkara's history of the Power Rangers, and seeing Tommy and Kimberly interact... I kind of got the warm fuzzies. And when I finally found out what happened to them, I was seriously bummed out. I'd always hoped that they'd somehow worked things out, and I guess it's still possible, but... man! I was surprised that I still care so much. I mean... I barely even remember shipping them. It's strange...
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 1 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

I used to support Lucas/Kumatora from the awesome GBA game Mother 3, but after actually playing it I think Kumatora really wanted Duster. I went through a very brief Ness/Lucas phase as well but gave up when every other piece of art was pure OOC lust and nothing else.

I also used to ship Aang/Toph from Avatar:TLA, but moved on when it was obvious they would never have romantic interaction.

Pokemon: I used to like palletshipping a lot in the beginning. i thought it was interesting that two characters who supposedly hated each other a lot could also like each other. but then Gary became kind of lame and acted like any other nice COTD, so i didnt care about it anymore.Other ships were AshXDelia and NormanxMay, but they barely interacted much and May didnt seem to be that close with her father, or maybe my memory is fuzzy for AG. And pokeshipping, the hardcore supporters just totally turned me off to it.

Others: Tea/YamiYugi, I thought they were a nice couple and could have some hijinks with the conversion from Yugi to Yami but it ended up being dull.

i used to love sakuraXsasuke. the days came that i lost interest in watching naruto my interest in starts to fade away in this pairing. same thing happen to pokeshipping its been a long long long time ever since misty showed up in the anime.

I LOVE KAICHO WA MAID-SAMA!

In the Pokémon fandom, Pokéshipping. I thought it was cute at first, and now I don't like it much. I prefer Ash with Gary or Iris.

In Naruto, so, so many. Sasuke/Sakura was one, but I detest that pairing now. I moved on to SasuNaru, and I prefer Sakura with Sai or Kankurou. NaruHina was another, and though I still like it, I prefer other pairings over it.

I supported Roland/Althea in Luminous Arc 2 for a while, but it was short-lived.
    God is awesome.

NamelessShippingHunterShipping
    グリシル

You can view my full list of ships here.

In Kingdom Hearts, I used to love Roxas/Namine, but now it's behind Roxas/Xion and Roxas/Axel. I guess it's because of the lack of interaction between Roxas and Namine, which I never really noticed until one of my more recent playthroughs.

In The World Ends With You, I used to absolutely hate Joshua because he replaced Shiki. However, I started loving him because of his quirky personality as well as his...interesting dialogue with Neku. Especially in Another Day, where Neku/Joshua is practically canon. Even Shiki ships it!

Kimi ni Todoke...oh gosh, Kazehaya and Sawako. I used to adore these kids. ADORE. Until much recently when I started getting bored of them. I still love these two, but I prefer Kazehaya/Kurumi and Sawako/Kurumi now. Yay Kurumi.

Ciel/Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji used to be my favorite ship for a while until...now. I don't know what happened, but it just doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. Now I ship Ciel with Elizabeth.

Oh, and with Pokemon, I ship pretty much anyone with everyone, but there was this one time in my life when I was obsessed with Coldcoffee (Barry&Paul). Thanks to Comashipping and Tiramisushipping...and lack of decent fics, my love for Coldcoffee has dwindled considerably. I'm trying to get back into it, but I just don't feel that same spark anymore. Probably because their first meeting was so lacklustre. :c

I used to love pokeshippinang and naruhina but they became to overused for my tastes

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

IkariShipping. I shipped it mostly because I didn't know exactly who to ship Dawn with, and I figured IkariShipping was kinda cute. But then I realized that I was pairing the spares and not actually shipping them. Thus, I developed my philosophy on shipping that not everybody has to be shipped.

... plus for an AdvanceShipper, I kinda like PearlShipping, too. >.>

Ash/Red likes brunettes. In ALL universes. Supporter of Luckyshipping and Advanceshipping.

Spoiler:- Claims:

Ichihime~ when I first started watching/reading bleach I fell in love with Ichihime. I liked Orihime and I disliked Rukia...now..Rukia is one of my favorite anime characters and Ichiruki is my second favorite shipping.

NaruHina~ I started off a big fan, I still like the shipping but...not as much as a really big fan. Just a fan:P

Advanceshipping~ At first, I was in an advanceshipper (I started off in advance generation) I don't ship Ash x May anymore however. Contestshipping really got me..and once I saw the Original Series episodes I become a pokeshipper

I used to like Pokeshipping back when I was a kid, now I hate it and Misty.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Pokeshipping and advanceshipping. I still kinda like pokeshipping but I like Pearlshipping way better. Contestshipping also seems to work way better than advanceshipping imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

LOL I'm almost frightened to say this, but Pokeshipping! I used to adore it; definitely my OTP. I hated Pearl/Advance; knew better than to bash, but still hated it and enjoyed but did not take part in ~debates~ on why Poke had more hints and stuff.

Then I saw a shipping war.

"Poke is best cause the fans are cooler!!!'
    "Poke is best cause it's the ORIGINAL" (this bothered me more then any other, because the games are first, and in the games, Misty has no significance; just another gym leader)
    "Poke is best cause this, that, etc"
    It made me...so upset, somehow. People weren't talking about hints, just...ugh, I started to dislike the shipping.
    I LOVED Dawn, just not Pearl; then I saw some pictures.
    Of Misty.
    And Dawn.
    Because Pearl was growing in fame, Pokeshippers HAD to bring it down by drawing things like Misty punching Dawn or even killing her, etc.
    I started to hate the shipping from that day on.
    As time went on, I started liking it again, but never as much as I did before. Dunno if I ever will...
    Starting to support peculiar Ash shippings now. Negai grew on me, as did Imagination and Advance c:

For Pokemon, it was PokeShipping. When I was a kid, it made me squeal at the cuteness. But when I watched the episodes again when I was older, I felt...nothing. Mainly because I realized that Misty (like a 10-year old girl) never says a thing to Ash about her feelings (canon to the series or not), so we never get to see his reaction to that. So to me, it was less shipping and more of an elementary school crush that'll probably never happen when both are old enough (if they're made old enough) to talk about romance and whatnot.

For Naruto, it's NaruSaku. At one point, I rooted for Naruto to get together with Sakura, but when the opportunity arose in Part II of the series, I saw them less as boyfriend/girlfriend and more brother/sister, even with all the odd hints at Sakura showing feelings for him. Plus, Hinata stupidly risking her life to defend Naruto from Pain and the lengths Sakura was willing to go to stop Sasuke from becoming any worse of a villain made me start rooting more for NaruHina and SasuSaku to be at least among the canon pairings by the end of Naruto.

Kingdom Hearts, RokuNami. I just shipped them because I played Kingdom Hearts 2 and I liked how much Namine wanted to help Roxas. The only thing I didn't like was how they seemed to be put together because they were the Nobodies of Sora and Kairi (who may as well be THE main pairing in KH). Then I played Chain of Memories and fell for RikuNami (the real Riku, not the Replica), and when I played 385/2 Days, RokuXion grew on me even after I learned the truth about Xion's existence. Those seemed better than the pairing that seemed like a clone of SoKai.
    I am PROUD to support crack and nevermet shippings through fan fiction!

Pokemon Gray (Pokemon BW Story.)

Speech is Golden & Over Time (UroborusShipping)

We Met on The Subway & I Think You're The One (OthelloShipping Fics)

Find more of my PKMN fan fiction HERE!

Heh, the last batch of posts in this thread have all said Pokeshipping. I sort of had an interest in it very early on but I never really got into it.

I guess with Misty being gone for a decade and her cameo's stopping, people have given up on it. Not surprising, we all knew when Johto ended she wasn't going to play a role in the series again.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Heh, the last batch of posts in this thread have all said Pokeshipping. I sort of had an interest in it very early on but I never really got into it.

I guess with Misty being gone for a decade and her cameo's stopping, people have given up on it. Not surprising, we all knew when Johto ended she wasn't going to play a role in the series again.
    Yes, CyberCubed. Now do you plan on actually contributing to this discussion, or have you come just to troll these good people with your usual "LOL, Misty's gone forever" bullcrap? Because if you have, I will report you for spam.

Now then, I don't know how many of you follow Fairy Tail, but I used to ship Lucy and Lisanna for a little while. Crazy, I know, but with all the Lucy vs Lisanna fanfics out there, I figured it made sense in a kind of "make love, not war" way. Now if I want to make Lucy a lesbian, I pair her with Cana.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

In all honesty I did have a small interest in pokeshipping early on, but lost interest in it during Johto. I don't really care much for any Ash ships anymore to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    In all honesty I did have a small interest in pokeshipping early on, but lost interest in it during Johto. I don't really care much for any Ash ships anymore to be honest.
    You know what? That's fair.

Also, all this talk of Pokeshipping is making me want to write a story about it.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Pairings that I use to like but no longer do:

Wouse (House x Wilson) from House M.D.: For the first three seasons of House M.D., I was a supporter of House and Wilson as a couple. I thought the two had a sweet, close relationship that made them a cute pair, not to mention they had a handful of comedic moments and the chemistry between Hugh Laurie and Robert Sean Leonard was great. However, my feelings towards it grew cold in season 4. This has nothing to do with the fact that it was all but destroyed by the show's writers through Wilber (Amber x Wilson), but because I came to the realization that House is the wrong type of partner for Wilson, which he also came to understand (he even says so in the season 5 premiere). All of Wilson's relationships were train wrecks because of his need to act as a knight in shining armor for someone emotionally vulnerable and dependent, which stems from him feeling guilty over not helping his schizophrenic brother years ago. However, once he found such a partner, he desired to help even more people similar to this, which led him to sleep around behind the back of whoever he was currently with. This includes House, who he was implied through subtext to have had an on-and-off relationship with for a number of years. While I believe Wilson had romantic feelings for House, he was still unhappy with the way he was and wanted to put an end to his cheating cycle, which he was able to do with Amber, a woman who was similar to House in terms of personality but was more independent and encouraged Wilson to think more about himself instead of always trying please someone else. As for House, I do not deny the depth of his love for Wilson and still believe he has romantic feelings for him. However, I would prefer to see him with someone capable of providing him with support and helping him work through his issues (Stacey, Wilson, and Cuddy are all guilty of failing abysmally at this). This is why I liked him with Cate from season 4. She was a calm, rational, and patient woman who was capable of helping House through rough times. Through her wit and strong will, she was also able to effectively put House in his place, which he was greatly impressed with and respected her for. And Wilson? He was a toxic enabler for House who exploited his neediness for his own self-interests instead of actually providing him with the stability and comfort he needed. Whenever Wilson threatened to leave House's life, House would also stalk and harass him until he decided not to do so. Being together was detrimental to them both, which is why I am happy now that their relationship has come to an end, especially after Wilson was willing to sacrifice House to save Amber at the end of season 4. That scene was so heartbreaking it actually made me cry.

The Joker x Harley from Batman: The Animated Series: While watching Batman: The Animated Series for the first time, I sort of liked The Joker and Harley as a pair, though I was also uncertain about The Joker's feelings towards Harley. However, the episode "Mad Love" solidified that The Joker does not care at all about Harley and he views her as nothing more than a tool to achieve his own ends. I may be a fan of both characters, but I would prefer to see Harley with someone who can actually hold affection for and appreciate her on some level. This is why I ship Ivy x Harley, which I always preferred over The Joker x Harley.

Sheelos (Zelos x Sheena) from Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World: Considering how much I now hate this ship, it surprises me that I did actually like it when I first played Symphonia. I think this is because their interaction from Symphonia was funny on the surface. However, when I dug deeper into their characters and the dynamics of their relationship during my second play through, I realized they are actually incompatible with one another and would be unhappy as a romantic pair. I guess one could argue that it could work if Sheena were to look beyond Zelos' happy-go-lucky, perverted guise and realize that he is actually a calm, patient, and intelligent person who wears a clownish mask to both conceal and avoid the pain from his childhood. However, I think he has succeeded in repelling her to the point that she will never be able to do so. Plus, I am not even sure if Sheena would be drawn to the real Zelos in a romantic way. She may feel compassion for him and attempt to help him resolve his turmoil, but she strikes me as the type to go for a generous and caring guy who is goofy, naive, and innocent, but capable of providing her with the support and stability she needs to overcome her inner demons, hence why she has a crush on Lloyd. The real Zelos might be too mature and serious for her. Furthermore, he may understand Sheena's issues and feel sympathy for her, but I doubt he would take an active effort to help her overcome her problems, since he is so burdened by his suffering that he would feel he is inadequate to help her through hers. Now that I have fully dissected and analyzed their characters and relationship, I also no longer find their interaction humorous. If anything, it is sad, since it shows they go together like oil and water.

Pairings I use to dislike but now like:

Kuwabara x Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho: At first, I disliked this couple because I thought it was one of those cheesy "love-at-first sight" pairs devoid of any real depth or development. However, I realized that Togashi probably wanted Kuwabara to have a strong infatuation with Yukina when he first met her, but have his feelings gradually develop into a genuine romantic love over the course of the series. Unlike with Botan, Kuwabara's feelings for Yukina never vanished and he was still more than smitten with her by the end of the series, even though they still had yet to become a couple and he had acquired many fangirls in high school who wanted to date him. Plus, his kindness, sensitivity, and devotion to her just make it impossible for someone not to want them to eventually become a couple (unless they are Kuwabara haters, but who cares about them?).

Leia x Han from Star Wars: I initially hated this ship because I found their bickering very annoying and thought their love for one another developed too quickly in the plot. However, now that I have done more research into Star Wars, I know there was a year gap between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back (for some reason, I previously thought it was only a few weeks XD). This means that Han and Leia had a full year to get to know one another. If you ask me, that is more than enough time for proper feelings of romantic love to blossom between them. Furthermore, while their bickering was frustrating, their interaction was actually sweet and amusing to watch in Return of the Jedi (and it continues to be from what I have read of the Expanded Universe). I also now realize that their annoying fighting was more due to their initial misunderstandings of one another in A New Hope and Leia's resistance to be with Han and his persistence to be with her in The Empire Strikes Back, not because they were incompatible with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Durp View Post
    I gotta agree with the Edward/Bella thing. Except I saw it as being gross and creepy and used to like it BECAUSE of that, but now it's just like that in the bad way. Ugh. *likes any non-canon pair in there, if anything*
    LOL XD I actually have a friend who likes Bella (but not Edward x Bella) because of how deranged she is. Too bad Bella is flawed and unlikable to the point that I am not the slightest bit intrigued by her mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Ok, so I was watching Linkara's history of the Power Rangers, and seeing Tommy and Kimberly interact... I kind of got the warm fuzzies. And when I finally found out what happened to them, I was seriously bummed out. I'd always hoped that they'd somehow worked things out, and I guess it's still possible, but... man! I was surprised that I still care so much. I mean... I barely even remember shipping them. It's strange...
    Actually:

[SPOILERS]
    an episode towards the end of Zeo flashes forward in time to Tommy at an old age. He is shown to be married to Katherine and having grandchildren, who are the offspring of his and Katherine's kids. Overall, a real let down if you are a Tommy x Kimberly fan.
    [/SPOILERS]
    Last edited by Nightmare Queen; 25th September 2011 at 9:32 PM.
    “Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain,” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast