Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All n00bs welcome! :) (New Sample Team)

Default All n00bs welcome! :) (New Sample Team)

Ahh, the joys of IGRMT. The endless parade of n00bs, the spam, the people who troll endlessly, and the occasional intelligent team that has something to work with. Hopefully we can get rid of a good portion of the first three, while keeping the last one. This was a genius idea of Ampy’s, and he deserves a medal, I’m not kidding. A new Sample Team for this week. Begin the n00b rates.

Torterra@Life Orb
    Jolly
    Ev's:252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
    ~Overgrow~
    -Wood Hammer
    -Leech Seed
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

Torterra is a defensive bastion as well as a physical powerhouse. Several mistakes on this one, some quite obvious.

Arcanine@Wise Glasses
    Modest
    Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252Spe/4Hp
    ~Flash Fire~
    -Heat Wave
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP Water
    -Agility

Arcanine is meant to be a physical sweeper, but it can work very nicely as a special sweeper too. There are a couple of mistakes here, some obvious, others less so.

Ampharos@Expert Belt
    Naughty
    Ev's:142Atk/116Sp.Atk/252Hp
    ~Static~
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Fire Punch
    -Outrage

Ampharos can function as a mixed sweeper. Any idea where this is screwed up?

Breloom@Leftovers
    Jolly
    Ev's:252Atk/252Hp/4Sp.Def
    ~Poison Heal~
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Seeed Bomb
    -Spore
    -Bulk Up

Breloom is a pure physical attacker. This is slightly different, to test rater's abilities at finding alternate angles for Pokemon that defy traditional sets. However, there are several mistakes. Can you find them all?

Walrein@Chesto Berry
    Adamant
    Ev's:252Def/252Sp.Def/4Hp
    ~Thick Fat~
    -Ice Beam
    -Waterfall
    -Rest
    -Curse

Walrein is great on defense. This set, on the other hand, is not so great.

Espeon@Wise Glasses
    Timid
    ~Syncronize~
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Substitute
    -HP Fighting

Espeon can be used as either a SubCMer, or a special sweeper. However, this set has a serious identity crisis. Care to assist?

And the curtain falls on this preformance. Good Luck, Noobs~
    And Good Luck to the experienced people who will correct them.
    Eon Out~
    "Archer, you've decided? You'll really kill him, no matter what?"
    "Go on, escape from here. I'm not going to allow you to cry anymore."

So the point to you doing this is so n00bs can get better at rating? Or are you just doing this to laugh at the n00bs who fail to point out some of the obvious mistakes?
    Used to be JpnPokeNaruto
    Pearl FC: 3395-3556-8779
    Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 FC: 0088-2473-1592
    If you're one of the 10% who never lost faith in Gold and Silver remakes, and you were RIGHT, copy and paste this into your sig, and then do a victory dance!!!

-Started by: GengarNightmare
        Spoiler:- Funny Sig:

I'm doing this to help the n00bs improve. That's what a sample team is for. And if they miss some stuff, so what? It'll help 'em learn.

I'm a newbie and I see that the leech seed + LO is wrong all the way, seed needs sub and leftovers (or in Torterra's case, at least a Yache berry) The Breloom needs a TOXIC ORB not leftovers and sky uppercut should, in my opinion, be switched for focus punch to go with spore Walrein is using Special moves on a CURSE set. The Ampharos has no speed EVs or support of any kind (something no pure sweeper can go without) and the EVs should be more balanced on the offenses) Espeon should be either a CMer (w/Sub)OR a sweeper, not both I don't see much of a problem on the Arcanine, 'cept that Heat wave might be better replaced w/Flamethrower.
    What're you lookin' at soldier? DROP AND GIVE ME 645!!!

DO THEM RIGHT OR FACE THE WRATH OF MA' SAND FORCE!!!

--Landorus Boot Camp Motto

^

Pretty good... but about Ampharos, he doesn't exactly need Speed EVs since he is really slow, you might as well just make him bulky

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Ahh, the joys of IGRMT. The endless parade of n00bs, the spam, the people who troll endlessly, and the occasional intelligent team that has something to work with. Hopefully we can get rid of a good portion of the first three, while keeping the last one. This was a genius idea of Ampy’s, and he deserves a medal, I’m not kidding. A new Sample Team for this week. Begin the n00b rates.

Torterra@leftovers
    Impish
    Ev's:212 HP/252 Def/44 Spe
    ~Overgrow~
    -Wood Hammer
    -Leech Seed
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Protect
    Torterra isnt outrunning anything anyway, so go with impish. Also, 44 speed evs to outrun no speed Tyranitar. Go with protect if you want more recovery from leach seed and leftovers.

Torterra is a defensive bastion as well as a physical powerhouse. Several mistakes on this one, some quite obvious.

Arcanine@Wise Glasses
    Modest
    ~Flash Fire~
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP Grass
    -Extremespeed
    Flamethrower for more accuracy. Hp grass so you can hit bulky gounds such as Swampert, who would otherwise give you trouble. And Extremespeed for revenge kill.

Arcanine is meant to be a physical sweeper, but it can work very nicely as a special sweeper too. There are a couple of mistakes here, some obvious, others less so.

Ampharos@Expert Belt
    Lonely
    ~Static~
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Fire Punch
    -Outrage
    Not sure what else to suggest here...any help?

Breloom@Toxic Orb
    Adament
    Ev's:252Atk/208Spe/48HP
    ~Poison Heal~
    -Mach Punch
    -Seed Bomb
    -Spore
    -Bulk Up
    Adament for added power, along with mach punch for priority. 208 Speed to outrun no speed gliscor and get the spore off.

Breloom is a pure physical attacker. This is slightly different, to test rater's abilities at finding alternate angles for Pokemon that defy traditional sets. However, there are several mistakes. Can you find them all?

Walrein@Leftovers
    Careful
    Ev's:252HP/6Def/252SpD
    ~Thick Fat~
    -Avalanche
    -Earthquake
    -Yawn
    -Curse
    Walrein is more defensive. Leftovers for recovery, Curse to power up defense, and avalanche and earthquake to deal damage. Yawn can be used to force switches.

Espeon@Wise Glasses/Life Orb
    Timid
    Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252Spe/4SpD
    ~Syncronize~
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
    -HP Fighting/HP Ground

Espeon can be used as either a SubCMer, or a special sweeper. However, this set has a serious identity crisis. Care to assist?

Eon Out~
    Changes in bold...hope i did well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRATINAMASTER867 View Post
    k 1st of all celebi adn heatran are uber wich is noob... plz swithc them out cuz noone will take you seriosly...for your team id say switch w/ bastodon 4 a tank to replac heatran adn change celebi w/ sceptile cuz sceptile is awsome + ash has one adn it rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.Kingsley View Post
    Absol should have razor wind.

Gengar should have Hypnosis, Dream eater, and nightmare.

Thats all.
    had to sig those...
    FC: 3910 5217 6946
    Trainer Name: ZACK

This was a genius idea of Ampy’s, and he deserves a medal, I’m not kidding
    Yup, completely all Ampy's idea

Quote Originally Posted by calum View Post
    Yup, completely all Ampy's idea
    Naah, I think he means it's my idea to bring it HERE. Either then that it's pretty much your idea

So how was my rate? Sorry if this seems at all pushy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRATINAMASTER867 View Post
    k 1st of all celebi adn heatran are uber wich is noob... plz swithc them out cuz noone will take you seriosly...for your team id say switch w/ bastodon 4 a tank to replac heatran adn change celebi w/ sceptile cuz sceptile is awsome + ash has one adn it rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.Kingsley View Post
    Absol should have razor wind.

Gengar should have Hypnosis, Dream eater, and nightmare.

Thats all.
    had to sig those...
    FC: 3910 5217 6946
    Trainer Name: ZACK

It was a good idea to bring it here, but I feel you're trying to turn this into a semi-competitive section rather than ingame.

Most of these people will never use these teams outside of ingame and rarely will these teams be used competitively.

Most people here want others to see how "strong" their Serious lvl 100 Charizards with Blast Burn are.

But still good idea nonetheless.

This team is Lucario, Mence, Scizor, Gyarados, Latias, Gengar etc etc weak but unless Im a noob I dont feel inclined to rate it. I would ohowever only keep Arcanine and Breloom on this team.

EDIT: Although I would edit them quite considerably
    Last edited by calum; 6th November 2009 at 4:37 AM.

^In a way you are right.

YAY QUOTE REVIEWS!

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post

Torterra@Leftovers
    Impish
    Ev's:252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    ~Overgrow~
    -Wood Hammer /Seed Bomb
    -Leech Seed
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

Ingame, outrunning your opponent is less important, because of the fact they all have low IVs and don't have EVs, apart from the Gym leaders and E4, which you'll outlevel anyway.

Arcanine@Wise Glasses
    Modest
    ~Flash Fire~
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP [Ground]
    -Agility

Lol HP [Water]. [Ground] gives you perfect neutral covergae with Flamethrower and Pulse.

Ampharos@Expert Belt
    Naughty
    ~Static~
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Substitute

SubPunch works a lot better than pure attacking Ros. I'd say something about the EVs, but I'm not sure what's wrong.

Breloom@Toxic Orb
    Jolly
    Ev's:252Atk/252Hp/4Sp.Def
    ~Poison Heal~
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Seed Bomb
    -Spore
    -Facade

You spelt Seed Bomb wrong. It's certainly not obvious what the mistakes are. But why run Poison Heal on a non-Orbed Loom?

Walrein@Chesto Berry
    Modest
    Ev's:252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    ~Thick Fat~
    -Ice Fang
    -Waterfall
    -Rest
    -Curse

Lol.

Espeon@Leftovers
    Calm
    Ev's:252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    ~Syncronize~
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Substitute
    -HP [Fighting]

Hey, I'll go with SubCMer.

Eon Out~
    Well, it'll certainly challenge the n00bs - it managed to challenge me! :3
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

^ Are you sleep deprived Ungelate? You just put, a Modest Nature on a CurseRein... also Avalanche>Ice Fang since he'll benefit from the defense boost from Curse

Arcanine wants 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest since Agility will cover for Speed. And he wants Life Orb.

Ok. Time for me to do a wrap-up of what's been happening so far.

Calum: I had no idea, I was just saying what I knew at the time. You also deserve a medal here.

dukefan: Good, but Naughty over Lonely on Ampharos, and reverse Atk and SpA on the Ev spread. Your rate was good, but it was more suited to compettitive battles rather than ingame.

Ungelateman: You really were half asleep. If it was challenging for you, it's only because you weren't awake when you rated this.

Calum again: You're right about the various weaknesses of the team, but for ingame, it's actually quite decent. That's why we set this up.

AlCario: Exactly correct. That's the only spread Special Arcanine should run ingame.

Woops.

Anyway, I'll just back away into my corner of light and sensibility which still exists in this forum.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

I'm sorry to say this, but who really EVs and IV checks ingame? It ruins the fun because its hard to control and requires much grinding before you've completed the story.

I would go on, but I feel like it would just be too repetitive and ranty.

I'm sorry I don't offer any advice on the sample team, I just wanted to be heard.

PS. What's the point in having both Breloom and Torterra, I'd say choose one and replace it with a Flying type, not only will this make room for HM Fly to be used thus faster movement, but also increase your type coverage. For example Staraptor, it gets Close Combat so maybe Breloom could be replaced and Torterra (The starter I presume) can be kept.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but who really EVs and IV checks ingame? It ruins the fun because its hard to control and requires much grinding before you've completed the story.

I would go on, but I feel like it would just be too repetitive and ranty.
    A lot of people, actually. People like creating good ingame teams. And some sectors of the ingame world actually require EV investment for success.

Bottom line, IGRMT seeks to make the players' teams as good as they can be. EVs are a natural part of improving any team, so it follows that people should give EV advice.
    This signature is horrendously outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    HM Fly
    Oh god.

We aren't asking people to rate our HM Slaves... Fly Sucks

You know what i find absolutely hysterical, Eon Master? The fact that you have created this thread to allow 'noobs' to rate a team without getting flamed for making uninformed suggestions and so you can be all 'aww there there *pats* this is how it's done see? Well done have a cookie' and yet in just about every single other thread you rate in, you flame the living daylights out of the 'noobs' just because you're a semi-decent rater now. Why not just show EVERYONE a teeny tiny bit of respect wherever they rate? Everyone starts somewhere...i remember when you first started - you couldn't rate for shit. And yes you've applied yourself and got better. But you've become arrogant because of it.

Actually, this is what i hate about IGRMT. No one is allowed to start off anywhere, or suggest anything bad or uninformed without having the flesh from their backs flayed off with barbed wire. I'm so sick to death of seeing 'OMG THAT SET IS LOLFAIL GTFO NOOB' in pretty much every thread. If the newbies are just flamed for making suggestions and told they aren't worth shit, of course they aren't going to want to get better or apply themselves. They are just going to decend to the level of Troll and piss everyone off.

Basically, tl;dr

Everyone should show everyone else a little bit more respect. It's the jobs of more experienced raters to respectfully show and teach and nurture the members that aren't so good at rating yet. Because frankly, if you come across as an arrogant arsehole, then why should the 'noobs' listen to you?
    Hey, you, over there
    Keep the L up, 'cause I don't care

Yeah,
    L-o-s-e-r
    I can only be who I are!

Have my babies, RayRay

What do I think about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    You know what i find absolutely hysterical, Eon Master? The fact that you have created this thread to allow 'noobs' to rate a team without getting flamed for making uninformed suggestions and so you can be all 'aww there there *pats* this is how it's done see? Well done have a cookie' and yet in just about every single other thread you rate in, you flame the living daylights out of the 'noobs' just because you're a semi-decent rater now. Why not just show EVERYONE a teeny tiny bit of respect wherever they rate? Everyone starts somewhere...i remember when you first started - you couldn't rate for shit. And yes you've applied yourself and got better. But you've become arrogant because of it.

Actually, this is what i hate about IGRMT. No one is allowed to start off anywhere, or suggest anything bad or uninformed without having the flesh from their backs flayed off with barbed wire. I'm so sick to death of seeing 'OMG THAT SET IS LOLFAIL GTFO NOOB' in pretty much every thread. If the newbies are just flamed for making suggestions and told they aren't worth shit, of course they aren't going to want to get better or apply themselves. They are just going to decend to the level of Troll and piss everyone off.

Basically, tl;dr

Everyone should show everyone else a little bit more respect. It's the jobs of more experienced raters to respectfully show and teach and nurture the members that aren't so good at rating yet. Because frankly, if you come across as an arrogant arsehole, then why should the 'noobs' listen to you?
    ^ This. I don't want to start an argument. But RayRay has basically summed what I think of this whole idea up, right there. Thats all. I recognise both Eon master and Ampy as good raters, I respect their rates, but I do not respect this.
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 7th November 2009 at 2:09 PM.

I respect your post RayRay. But the reason we flame them, is because sometimes the OP will actually take their advice. Although this is not always the case. People like Poke_noob just won't learn and even after apparently lurking he's horrible, and has stolen teams before. I'll try to help more then flame.

^I agree with what Ampy said. Flaming is not usually my first resort, but I will use it if the n00b in question doesn't get it at all. That's how I learned to stop being an idiot, so that's a method I believe to be effective in certain cases.
    Also, Poke_noob has never lurked. I now realize that he is either a troll, or a helpless cause.

There are ways of treating people. Rather than rise to Poke_noob's posts, which i believe is what he wants, ignore them. It's plain to anyone that they are unhelpful and most of the time unintelligible. Merely offer your informed advice, explaining as clearly as possible, and leave it at that. I wish i were a better rater and so could offer more advice on teams on a more regular basis. I lurk a lot, and help out where i can. I respect you people, i really do, but i do not respect some of your posts.

Serebii's RMT Forum has a reputation for noobs...don't let it get a reputation for having impatient, arrogant raters.
    Hey, you, over there
    Keep the L up, 'cause I don't care

Yeah,
    L-o-s-e-r
    I can only be who I are!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast