Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Arceus & The Jewel of Life! (M12)

This movie was awesome. It was cool to see Arceus and Heatran. I have to admit that this was one of the movies I can call my favorite. Also liked the way Arceus sounded. Whenever Team Rocket mention stealing a pokemon, I just find it typical of them. It really cracked me up to hear them attempt to steal such a powerful pokemon like Arceus. Only a couple things have me confused.

1) Marcus refers to pokemon as "magical creatures" which to me means he does not know what pokemon are, yet he temporarily commands a Heatran and Bronzong. He even refers to them by name. Does this mean he really does know?

2) I can never remember whether or not Heatran is a legenday pokemon. Is he?
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 21st November 2009 at 1:34 AM.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoajones View Post
    Arecus was not the First pokemon it was MEW. Mew was introduce in 1995 as the first pokemon. Then in 2009 Game Freak said Arecus was the first, That doesn't make since, They have messed the story line.
    *Facepalm* Wow. Do you think maybe that they decided to create a pokemon that was the "god pokemon" that created all other Pokemon, including Mew too? It doesn't mess up the storyline at all. Sure Gamefreak created Mew before Arceus, but Gamefreak can do whatever the hell they want and call Arceus the first pokemon because it is the god/creator pokemon. It makes perfect sense.
    The rain whips the lonely and crushed soul
    The dark clouds are closing fast, the wind is blowing the colors of life away.
    The growing shadow will darken my dreams, and with the fire inside me it feeds
    I'll be screaming in the stars when it's over
    Storms are raging on the path to home, once so silent and calm
    the desperate glare of the dark light is cast on the fallen one
    And when the illusions sigh no more, the journey to new dream will carry on
    'cause life is just a beautiful death

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    1) Marcus refers to pokemon as "magical creatures" which to me means he does not know what pokemon are, yet he temporarily commands a Heatran and Bronzong. He even refers to them by name. Does this mean he really does know?
    Not necessarily. Pokemon in the anime say their names so that's probably how people back in Marcus's day discovered what to call them. They probably hadn't come up with the name "Pokemon" to refer to them as a whole yet either so they just refereed to them as "magical creatures".

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    2) I can never remember whether or not Heatran is a legenday pokemon. Is he?
    Yes it is.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Just watched it, thought it was ace on all accounts!

Didn't like how they sidestepped the Origin Myth and made Arceus a simple world-maker and not, like, the one who made their whole universe, though.

I guess it was done to avoid religious offence, but still it was unneeded.

Hope Ho-Oh gets its deserved shining film [and doesn't simply share it with Lugia, whose role should be more minor] come the 13th movie.
    Last edited by Jigglypuff5000; 21st November 2009 at 1:47 AM.

Thus does the movie end an exciting and remarkable trilogy. The film was absolutely fantastic (though the commercial breaks ruin it) and the folks who created the film sure took the time to create a decent one that would transcend through our hearts. Did anyone notice in the ending credits that Ash, Dawn and Brock are wearing their winter clothes? And also, the song to the ending credits was shown, but it wasn't heard due to the stinking block on the left with previews.

Okay, time for my review. *Takes deep breath and slowly releases*

I think that this was a really good movie. Not my favorite, but it's up there with the best of the Sinnoh trilogy.

I felt that this movie was quite good. I liked that the characters in the past didn't really look at Pokemon the same way as Ash and Co., what with calling them "magical creatures" and all. Not only that, but Marcus' fear that Michina would become a wasteland again actually was a good reason for his actions. Still doesn't excuse him from attacking the creator of the world, but still...

Damos was an interesting character. I got over my initial Yami Yugi shock and enjoyed him. It seems like this isn't his first time in trouble, seeing that the Spike Ear Pichu knows where the key is. Speaking of her, the Pichu really didn't play that big of a role. Not that I minded, since there was already enough going on as it was.

The movie seems to put together what happened in the previous two quite well, especially having Giratina recognize Ash from before. The only thing that I really have against this movie is that it really seemed to resolve the three dragons conflict a little bit too fast. I would've liked to have it been drawn on until Arceus' appearance, then having them realize what really happened.

This movie's setting is a little more personal to me than any other the others going into it. I had actually visited the places that the animators visited to study. I must say that Michina did reflect Meteora (the place in Greece that most of the setting is based) quite well. It's too bad we didn't see much of the town; I would've liked to have seen how they translated Kalambaka. The ruins remind more of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, but they seemed to mix pretty well (I don't think Greek Orthodox monestaries would've worked for a movie like this).

As well, there was quite a bit of CGI in this movie. However, it seemed to translate quite well into the setting. The fields of crops felt much more alive thanks to the CGI. The meteor's effects were quite good, too.

The music score was quite good in my...er, ears. I liked the piece especially that played when Damos was retrieving Arceus' plate, perfect for the "resurrection." The pieces used during the fights was quite good as well. Overall, I rate it just above the Darkrai soundtrack (despite not having that powerful "Oracion" piece that stood out from the rest).

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it later. But for now, I need a break... *Collapses from exhaustion*

Now being reposted!

Great movie best one in awile. I've not teared up watching a pokemon movie since lucario and the mystery of mew... not sure why but the part at the end of the stone about the future children got me. Damn I love pokemon,

Loved Arceus's voice,..especially his normal calm voice. guess i was the only one who liked it..

Was not happy it was not aired in widescreen though, but I can deal.

Liked seeing Heatran..even thoguh he did not do much but still cool nonetheless

Hated that as always the ending scenes get smooshed off to the side.. least we could still see it though.
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 21st November 2009 at 2:14 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Did anyone notice that Cartoon Network sped up the opening? if you listen to the Australian version, you can see that the beat on this is much faster.
    National PokéDex Completed: July 21, 2012; 1:25 am (Pokémon Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightey View Post
    Did anyone notice that Cartoon Network sped up the opening? if you listen to the Australian version, you can see that the beat on this is much faster.
    It's a technique they use to fit the movie into the time period (and get in more commercials). They do often during the opening sequences, as well as the endings. It also seems like they might've sped up the sequence with Arceus reflecting back and seeing Ash. It could've been that speed to begin with, but I didn't see the version that aired in Australia.

Now being reposted!

I liked the movie a lot. Animation and music is what really impressed me, but the storyline was also good.

A few things that annoyed me were:
    Arceus's voice and the fact that he referred to Judgment as "justice"
    Silver was called silver water
    The ending credits were sped up so I couldn't hear the ending song

I was a bit surprised to hear Yami Yugi/Grovyle/Damos in the movie, since Dan Green is an awesome VA. I was also surprised when Ash said "die". Never did I think PUSA would use that word.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    It's a technique they use to fit the movie into the time period (and get in more commercials). They do often during the opening sequences, as well as the endings. It also seems like they might've sped up the sequence with Arceus reflecting back and seeing Ash. It could've been that speed to begin with, but I didn't see the version that aired in Australia.
    I liked the song, and I admit, I tried to sing it, but I was way off because they sped it up, and I wasn't used to it.
    National PokéDex Completed: July 21, 2012; 1:25 am (Pokémon Black)

I don't think that they sped up the scene where Arceus looks into his memories and sees Ash. Grante, it was quick, but it was just a flash of memories, and those are usually fast. I hate when they cut out the ending credits, though.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

I hate when they cut out the ending credits, though.
    OMFGfhjdshgjksdlh I AGREE
    I sat there and tried looking at the little clips they were showing, despite the annoying music video they played the ENTIRE TIME. |:
    by pichus_paradise

They ALWAYS do that on Cartoon Network, and it pisses me off! I hate it!

Anyway, what was your favorite moment in the movie. Mine was seeing the battle between Arceus and the three Legendary Dragons of Sinnoh.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Curse you, CN! Some of us like ending credits! >___<

I must say, any and every scene in which Arceus used Judgement was my favorite. XD That move is just so epically badass. The game just doesnt do it justice! And also when he used the different plates and he changed color! Yep, yep. That battle was awesome.
    by pichus_paradise

Quote Originally Posted by gwwt707 View Post
    Curse you, CN! Some of us like ending credits! >___<
    I know, right? I'm sigging this, for now.

I must say, any and every scene in which Arceus used Judgement was my favorite. XD That move is just so epically badass.
    That was cool. What was the other move he was using? I know one was Hyper Voice, but the one that looked like Flamethrower could have been Hyper Beam just as easliy.

The game just doesnt do it justice!
    TIME FOR JUSTICE!

And also when he used the different plates and he changed color! Yep, yep. That battle was awesome.
    That was awesome, although I didn't get why he turned black when he blocked Giratina's Will-O-Wisp.

Dan Green is the perfect voice for Damos, but Arceus's voice is just weird... I mean, come on! He doesn't sound like some all powerful and graceful creator, he just sounds like some ticked off super-villain who's voice is still changing.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Oh CN, they always skip the ending credits. Cartoon Network is no longer "cartoon" network (showing reality shows and crap). Anyways, too bad I didn't see on tv, but luckily I saw it on the computer.

I didnt like arceuses voice when he was angry. But calm sounded good IMO.

...Didnt NEP have a bigger role or was that in the mini movie thing?

I hate the credit skip.

I couldnt see marcus slaving away in the feilds :/

Arceus went black from wil-o-wisp because it is a ghost attack.
    Last edited by lindsy95; 21st November 2009 at 3:02 AM.

^It was in the mini-movie.

Anyway, I have to agree that Arceus' voice was weird. He sounded like he was just going through puberty, not at all threatening.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 21st November 2009 at 3:15 AM.

why the arceus hate. Arceus isn't voiced by a VA just so you know but the guy did an awesome job at voicing it. The hate wasn't like this when it was only australia watching XD. But yeah arceus sounds awesome he sounds like starscream

^He's supposed to be a god, not some pre-pubecent teenager on a power rush.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Arceus went black from wil-o-wisp because it is a ghost attack.
    Wrong. Will-O-Wisp is a Fire Type Attack. Which is why it makes no sense for him to take on a Dark Type.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    why the arceus hate. Arceus isn't voiced by a VA just so you know but the guy did an awesome job at voicing it. The hate wasn't like this when it was only australia watching XD. But yeah arceus sounds awesome he sounds like starscream

I thoguht his voice was awesome, glad i'm not alone. and who is to say what a diety's voice should sound like..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Also, why does Arceus keep overusing the word "justice"? It makes him sound like the Crimson Chin.

Oh, and I must say, watching Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina attempt to battle Arceus was almost funny. I mean, those guys were just getting themselves slaughtered out there! And they're freakin' deities! It was amusing to watch, you have to admit.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

^Because he hates it when people double post.
    Jk, lol. It's because he's ****** off to within an inch of his life at being betrayed by someone he trusted. And who wouldn't be?

I agree, that was really sad. Giratina did the best out of them, Dialgia got one-shotted by Judgement, and Palkia didn't fare much better.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast